Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Oh yeah, scratch what I said about NS possibly knowing there was a jailkeeper because scum rolecop'd someone and got no result. Investigations still resolve on jailed players. So yeah, NS couldn't have known he was choosing the lesser of two evils there.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:18 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

I Am Innocent wrote:"I could say it was on N2 or whatever. And that I never attacked you in order to not get killed by you at night"

Still does not make sense since D3 we had 1 free mislynch and 1 scum left, so a cop with a scum investigation on D3 is a guaranteed win (no need to wait until D4...)

Oh, right. Well, I never really seriously thought about it. So :roll:

I personally think NS did right outting himself. I suggested mass claim myself that day. Since he knew he is the JK and that's what Cav said he investigated, he probably had the fear scum knows him. Better to share your knowledge while you're still alive. I think outting yourself D3 as PR isn't bad at all, especially when you have something interesting to share. You can never know whatever you'll survive the next night or not. Of course, this doesn't apply to doc.

BTW, now that I think about...
Cav said there's a jailer but the jailer wasn't killed N2. So it's possible to conclude they didn't know WHO is the jailer, but knew he exists. How is the possible? Role cop being blocked. I was blocked N1 according to NS. So... why didn't anyone point out I might be the potential role cop for that?

Yeah, I know most of it was caused by misunderstanding but still. IMO it's as legit of a theory as "Abel was scum and was blocked".
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:21 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Yeah, that's a good point, DC. Scum couldn't have known there was a jailkeeper unless the rolecop was blocked. Which makes NS look bad for not going after you.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Bricktoes »

I was never very concerned with the case against me, especially the points brought up the last day towards Xeras. Obviousky I'm biased towards my innocence, but does anyone besides IAI and Darky think they were damning?
down
and that's the way we get down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:37 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

dicknose wrote:I was never very concerned with the case against me, especially the points brought up the last day towards Xeras. Obviousky I'm biased towards my innocence, but does anyone besides IAI and Darky think they were damning?

None of them said "obvious scum" to me, but there were too many
possibly
scummy actions. Problem is, nearly nothing about your play style ever appeared to me as "obvious town". That until, IIRC, I read that one post I always skipped because you put it in a spoiler. I think there I finally got something which felt "this guy kinda feels like town".

So it was 1-0 in your favor and that's when I changed my approach a little regarding IAI and finally saw trough his ploy. But I have to admit, I wasn't much of a townhunter this game. I had a feeling Xeras is town based on what I know of him, but I felt like it's wrong to bet everything on this when everyone put so much effort into this thread. I felt like I had to reread most of it and deduce whatever I think Dicknose, not Xeras, is town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Ankamius »

This game was weird to follow. All I'm really going to say.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Why's that?
down
and that's the way we get down
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Scumhunter »

good job town <3
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Ankamius wrote:This game was weird to follow. All I'm really going to say.

STOP STALKING ME.

I will admit I overreacted with my result. I possibly should've given HA the benefit of the doubt, but, water under the bridge.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:12 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Nobody Special wrote:
STOP STALKING ME.

Yeah, I feel the same way about Xeras. I knew he was following the game at first as I just started but..
He then joined quite many other games, so I was sure he stopped following this one...

So really Xeras: STOP STALKING ME
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:06 am

Post by whilst »

K, full post:

Overall, I had an amazing time playing this game. It completely sucked up a lot of free time I had, and it used up a lot of brain time too. I would be sitting in class, drawing something stupid, when I would just think about the game. The game was also 10^1000x better than the games I played with Abel on the townhall -- probably because people here care about playing. The one thing I didn't like is how much of the game people relied on other players' playstyles from other mafia games. To me, it makes no sense. You can play a completely different game, with a completely different personality. Also, using outside information from someone's history is really unfair, imo. I think if I were moderator, I'd ban such discussion -- for real. Whatevs, this game was a mindfuck and a half sometimes, which is great.

The final day wasn't as frustrating as the earlier ones. Having two confirmed townies, in my mind (me and DC), was a lot easier than "holy shit all these people are potentially mafia omgomgomgomgomg". IAI, you responses in the end were "examples of where I could've been scummier, but I wasn't -- so I'm not scum". I think if you had defended my arguments differently, you would've had more time alive. I also didn't expect DC to come over to my (and Xeras') viewpoint so quickly. But he took the plunge, and it paid off. I'm still amazed that both DC and Xeras thought I was pure town in the end; I said enough to DC in the past days that could've really gone both ways.

I'm still thinking about people saying "you don't take a stance" blah blah and "pleasing both sides", but I'm hoping singer can add more input on that subject.

singersigner
- thanks for moderating! I wanted to be mafia, but oh well.

Wickedestjr
- man, you left early. Hope to play with you sometime in the future.

BBmolla
- we now know why you got lynched, but gg? I wonder how the game would've turned out if Abel was town lynched, and not you.

scumhunter
- you died an early death too. Um. Hope to play with you again eventually. You and BBmolla both.

cavjj
- survived the riots, did you? You played a good game, but that hammer bothered me (and everyone else) from the get-go. Besides that, you had some really good responses to inquiries. Um...don't know what else to say other than you probably shouldn't hammer like that in the future.

Honest Abel
- in the beginning, I thought you were scum. You posted way too much and I thought you were just drilling everyone just so that someone could be lynched, regardless of the reason. After NS jailed you, and there was such a massive movement to get your lynch...it didn't make any sense. That and the fact that you changed from IAI to cavjj (both scum, heh) during the previous day. But with 529 posts, I guess you had to be town the entire time. Hmm...Oh yeah. Don't kill yourself in the game, it didn't help at all besides knowing your status. But yeah, I agree with everyone else. You're a fucking machine. Ha, one more thing. When you suggested I had a "code" with cavjj -- that was sooo ridiculous, that I want to try that in a future game.

Nobody Special
- Man, you gotta answer questions when people ask you them. It's really frustrating sometimes to see you ignore the same question 3 pages in a row. Because wickedestjr jailed DC during N1, you should've jailed him again during N2 -- perhaps? Eh, maybe not. Whatever. I still don't see why you jailed Abel in the first place, but it ended up being a good thing. I also
still
don't see you reasons for finding me scummy, especially after we knew cavjj was mafia.

DarkClaymore
- Ha. I don't even know what to make of yours and Abel's 50 page long arguments. Good game. Next time, I think you should be a little less concerned about proving yourself as town. I still don't see your lynchbait strategy (but I do see Xeras'). Oh well, glad it's over. Some of your responses to me, I didn't quite get...but I think that was because of my wording.

dicknose
- gg, you shouldn't have switched out. Although Xeras got the job done with his lynchbait thing, I would've had less trouble believing you were townie than Xeras. Come play at the townhall forum sometime.

I Am Innocent
- good game. You had me going for sooo long. I did think it was weird when everyone pointed out that you were defending me, or whatever, but I really didn't think anything of it. I just assumed you understood my viewpoint. That was such a great move of you to point out cavjj's full mistake after NS pointed out why it was unreasonable. But in the end, things can go both ways. You were definitely the second best player (Abel being the first).

whilst
- you had some really horrible strategies, but we're the best. We'll win next time too. Also, you definitely gained mad exp. points from playing. A+

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't know who these other people are, that posted, but I would probably never follow another mafia game.
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:09 am

Post by whilst »

Oh,
singer
, who did you think was gonna win?
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:09 am

Post by whilst »

be honesttttttttttttttttttt
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1558, Nobody Special wrote:
Ankamius wrote:This game was weird to follow. All I'm really going to say.

STOP STALKING ME.

To be honest, I started following the game when I saw that it was Night 1 after about 4 pages.
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by whilst »

who did you think was mafia?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Generally, when I follow games, I don't try to figure things out unless I was in the game in the past.

So I guess I don't really have an answer :P
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Xeras »

In post 1559, DarkClaymore wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:
STOP STALKING ME.

Yeah, I feel the same way about Xeras. I knew he was following the game at first as I just started but..
He then joined quite many other games, so I was sure he stopped following this one...

So really Xeras: STOP STALKING ME

I remember your reaction when I subbed in. ;D

Then I was like UMAD XD
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

In post 1566, Xeras wrote:
I remember your reaction when I subbed in. ;D

Then I was like UMAD XD

That was the most unexpected event in this game. For me at least.

Ankamius wrote:Generally, when I follow games, I don't try to figure things out unless I was in the game in the past.

Why follow then?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Post by Ankamius »

It's like a movie to me :)
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:14 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

In post 1568, Ankamius wrote:It's like a movie to me :)

I think it'd be a "book" then, not a movie :mrgreen:
Well, I suppose some people enjoy this kind of stuff. I only like following short games myself.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:47 am

Post by singersigner »

Night Actions!!!

Night one:
I Am Innocent investigates DarkClaymore ← vanilla townie result
Wickedestjr jailkeeps DarkClaymore
Cavjj kills Scumhunter ← action succeeds

Night Two:
I Am Innocent investigates Nobody Special ← jailkeeper result
Nobody Special jailkeeps Honest Abel
I Am Innocent kills Honest Abel ← action fails

Night Three:
I Am Innocent investigates Xeras ← vanilla townie result
Nobody Special jailkeeps DarkClaymore
I Am Innocent kills Nobody Special ← action succeeds
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:20 am

Post by singersigner »

Sorry it took me so long to get those posted. It was the first football game of the season so I was pretty busy helping out with the band (cuz I'm a nerd and do that when I visit >_> lol).

Firstly,
I need to apologize for giving the wrong result to I Am Innocent and needing to fix it after the fact. It wasn't game-changing, but I think it was a little confusing, haha.

The second thing
...Honest Abel, I was thoroughly impressed with your reads D1/2, and half expected you to be the night kill the first night. You had the scum team pegged in 2 of 3 players from the start, and only started second guessing those reads on D3. It was unfortunate that the reason you survived the second night's kill attempt was because Nobody Special thought you were scummy. And it didn't help that on D3 you voted pretty much everyone including yourself, lol.
stop spamming the thread so much!
\

Thirdly,
I was a little scared for the town when I had to remind Nobody Special that wickedestjr JKed DarkClaymore N1 when there was a successful kill. He seemed to forget that at one point when he started talking about how scummy DC was, lol.

Self-voting:

As town: There's no reason to do that other than to prevent a no-lynch...and even then, in very rare cases.
As scum: Sometimes if they are the first of two and their lynch is inevitable. The reason for this is because it will 1. prevent the day from progressing/the town from getting more discussion, and 2. eliminate the possibility that their partner will get caught/incriminated from either being forced to bus, or talk more for the town to find them.

Votecounts:

I was really just doing that to keep you on your toes. ;)
UGH, but really, I always know what I'm doing in my head, but sometimes my brain switches the names around and I think "oh X is voting for Y, ok, Y is being voted for, Y is voting for Y." I swear in my other game my votecounts were flawless, lol.
Oh, and I wasn't kidding about the activity. You guys were awesome! This is the longest newbie game I've ever seen, and it never dragged at all. No prods or anything. You made me so proud!

Flavor:

I hope you guys liked it! In my first game on site, I was freaking out because I didn't know what kind of flavor to write, so I had a really generic one...which means I didn't have any, haha. Then I realized that it wouldn't be fair to provide you guys with nothing, since Newbie games are meant to provide you with a well-rounded experience on mafiascum. So...I did my best to keep it short and sweet, but still a little fun. : )

Who I Thought Would Win:

I thought the town was pretty solid up until D3. Even though the first day was so quick, and the second day had a lot of run-around as far as whether or not cavjj should be the lynch, the direction was good. Then things started falling apart a little bit on D3, and I Am Innocent was pretty much declared town with not a whole lot of suspicion, so I thought he would pull it out in the end.
I think both sides played very well, and it was a much deserved win for the town and an admirable defeat for scum
(that doesn't happen very often, haha).

If you guys have any questions as far as specific game-play/theory, I'm happy to give my input, as I'm sure Nobody Special is as well. : )
~singer

I like tomatoes.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Scum quicktopic?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by singersigner »

Well, cavjj already said it's ok and if IAI doesn't come back, well...here. lol.

I like tomatoes.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I understand how self-voting doesn't help at all. I was just trying to express frustration or resignation and was planning to remove it because I knew it would help town more to be able to analyze everyone on the wagon. NS just hammered so quickly. I did, however, agree that lynching me would help town at that point. I had already said enough in the game to the point where any steps forward would be progress for town, even if I were dead on D4.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”