Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:20 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

Do you think we're scum?

I pointed it out because you had never used bullets before. Bullets -> organisation -> attempt to organise argument.

But don't worry about that because I think you're town from your responses.

P-Edit: I didn't answer your question initially because I felt you scummy.
Captain Corporal and haoala hydra
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Benmage »

Uhhh quoting, responding, linking, and numbering are all things I've done to try and highlight arguments and make things simple.

You were active D1, and were my best townread. You fell off completely D2. Something I've seen scum do, alot. You've been active again today, but you seem a little to eager to lynch. I've beaten this point dead...but today is make it or breakit for town.

You voted Hell for him trying to push an old idea on TS (which geeeze we still need a replacement), and for lurkiness I imagine. What did you think of his response to the "slip"...I don't think you or Lurc mention it.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Benmage »

ebwop...

PoE is your biggest enemy right now. (Other things I personally need to look at while we wait for Hell and a replacement include lews meta.)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

I believe his "sleepy" excuse, for now. My vote is on him because of an unfulfilled promised in 305. In fact, I imagine he might replace out.

Do you think my vote is unjustified?
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

Oh and for the record, I'm not eager to lynch. I'm happy for the indefinite deadline, which allows us plenty of time to discuss our options.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Benmage »

Not unjustified.

Perhaps unwise.

I personally, would like to vote him as well. This lurking is ridiculous, especially with activity elsewhere on the site, and yes failing to post after saying he would. Not to mention his participation all game has been rather lackluster. Then you have the TS over gay push. So there's plenty of strikes against Hell to warrant voting him. But I'd like to wait to hear what he says before lynching him. (If he replacesout.... :( )

But than I see lucronis voting him. Bus possible? Sure. Cause lucronis is guilty of many of the same things, and has his own faults as well. So that stains the wagon a bit for me.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Benmage »

Captain Haoala wrote:Oh and for the record, I'm not eager to lynch. I'm happy for the indefinite deadline, which allows us plenty of time to discuss our options.

Which is why I'm baffled...that I'm being accused for being "cautious"...as if thats negative..
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Benmage »

Unwise also because..another vote on Hell...which scum could easily hop on as "frustrated about activity"..could tip it and push that lynch through, earlier than it needs to be.

As there is no set deadline.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Empking »

Benmage wrote:
Empking
how would you define your scum game?

Getting by and trying to get to endgame as quick as possible.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Benmage »

How accurate am I in my assement that you are effing annoying to get to contribute and commit to things as scum?? :P
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

Lew called you cautious for 318. I don't think it has to do with your re-emphasis of the precarious position we're in.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:08 am

Post by don_johnson »

Lew: judge my content, not my activity. Cant always hover by my comp. Your read on me seems very arbtrary and gets sketchier the more you discuss my meta. Is there a particular game you are referencing?

mod: can we get a votecount?

You all seem content to fling suspicion elsewhere while camping votes on hound. Considering I am spearheading other cases I would argue that despite my post count I am probably one of the more "active" players. I think ben lynch is good, and the more people dance around it, the better it gets imo.

Lurc: I think its obv why bentown=houndscum. Do you think i'm wrong?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Empking »

Benmage wrote:How accurate am I in my assement that you are effing annoying to get to contribute and commit to things as scum?? :P

Pretty accurate :P
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:47 am

Post by don_johnson »

speaking of activity... anyone seen teamsleep?

back home now and dinner date with the misses tonight. i have monday through wednesday off, but monday is the holiday. if you have any questions for me just post them in a concise manner and i will address them. ben seems to be accusing me of "dodging", lew seems to be questioning my activity(while providing little analysis himself) and we have an entire team of
actual
lurkers. and noone seems to want to kick it up a notch with a vote. but whatevz, mylo, lylo, j-lo, shit ain't gonna get done if you don't do shit.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

VOTECOUNT 3.3

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Hellhound1
(2):
Lurconis, Captain Haoala,

lewarcher82
(1):
teamsleep,

Empking
(1):
JAMFTW,

Benmage
(1):
don_johnson,

Yet to vote
(4):
lewarcher82, Hellhound1, Empking, Benmage

Current Deadline

Till I say so >_>

Team asked to replace out. Posted it in the queue, replacement thread, and sent out some PMs but to no avail :(
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by don_johnson »

on our way out. team is to be replaced. better than lurking i guess. its pretty sad when empking is more active than half of the players in a game.again, lew, if you have questions just ask. calling me out for activity when you're watching from the sidelines is poor form.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Christine replaces teamsleep!

WOOOOO

Please note that the deadline is now set at

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th AT 11:59 PM GMT -7
(expired on 2011-09-15 03:00:00)
Last edited by Ant_to_the_max on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Christine
Christine
Goon
Christine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Christine »

Hey guys! Just got my PM, so going to start doing a reread. It is rather late here, but it shouldn't take too long at only 15 pages! Nice to meet everyone, let's start hunting!
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by Captain Haoala »

haoala here. Hello Christine. Thanks for replacing.

It has been a very quick D1 & 2, agreed.

Some quick questions:
- Comment on your predecessor
- "Reread" - you've read this thread before? What did you think then?
- Who are your top 3 scumreads?
Christine
Christine
Goon
Christine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by Christine »

I more or less just did a brief glance over the thread to see what was going on, and not much more. I wouldn't really call if a read, just more or less figuring out if I want to jump into the game. My comments will be about all players, including my predecessor. I am probably going to take it day by day and go from there. At the moment, my eyes are on Hellhound and Benmage, but just so much that they jumped out at me, not quite sure why. I will give all the details and more in my post after I finish reading.
Christine
Christine
Goon
Christine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by Christine »

For Starters,
UNVOTE
. I don't know if teamspeaks' vote carries over to me, but I want to make my own decisions, not follow after the person ahead of me.

Day 1: Looks like the normal Day 1 fun with the random voting, but in Post 20 (2Birds1Stone) Gaylord Focker is FoS for taking offence at the random voting. I don't really see him really taking offence, and instead I read that little bit as 2Birds1Stone looking for someone to pick on as soon as the gate drops. Dislike. A few people also pointed at 2B1S' saying the question is a trap, which I glanced right over and missed. I don't see it being a trap either. Whatever you like is whatever you like. It isn't like the Mod gave you a role that he knew you would like.

---------

Going to answer the question - I love to play a simple vanilla role-less townie. It feels like its me against the world, trying to figure out who to trust, and I love the total mystery of it all.

----------

Moving on to Post 27, 2B1S seems to clear the air of what I find confusing in saying that there is now conversation going on. Seems to me like someone hates Day 1. Would say FoS except for the fact that he was killed.

Post 32, Sleuth seems to want to start a bandwagon by voting for hellhound for using random.org. I like random.org, so don't hate!

Then, Killer seems to get all hurt over teamsleep's vote and against 2B1S. It really all seems like paranoia, which the Captain hydra points out. His excuse seems BS.

-----

Captain's question was Mafia experience. I have been playing Mafia off and on since 2006, with most of it being live or fast games on chat/skype. I have done a few forum style, but they were few and far between. I really got back into Mafia again on another site in March, where I have played numerous games of all shapes and sizes. Their games are by no means fast, but they are certainly faster than Mafia Scum (72 hour Day cycles are the norm). This is my third game on Mafia scum, with my first two being Newbie games.

-------

Mafia jumps on the Killer vote wagon, but I don't really see his reasoning behind it. I do see the connection between if Killer flips scum, a gambit with 2b1s. Hellhound gets on the wagon as well, and his reasoning I agree with, but personally, just because someone is acting newb-tastic, I would not vote for them.

Going to pause here because it is late and I can barely keep my eyes open to keep reading.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote: HH
haoala
haoala
Goon
haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:56 am

Post by haoala »

haoala here.

lewarcher82 wrote:
@everyone: we are now 11, with
likely
3 scum (hopefully not 4, but it cannot be excluded 100%). We might assume no killing 3p, but it is still early to be sure. Please do not build wagons too quickly. Newbies should be particularly careful, or we will throw the game in the toilet.

lewarcher82 wrote:as we have no evidence for a third party, we should be 6 vs 3, meaning we have 1 last ML. However, one cannot exclude the remote possibility of 4 scum in this game, in which case we woud be on lylo.
Please think twice before casting even a single vote.

lewarcher82 wrote:We were soo stupid to leave them both alive

Typical scum tactics to appear town. Also, when I voted on D3, he asked me to be cautious of voting. Other players voted after that, to which he did not respond. Inconsistent.

lewarcher82 wrote:And benmage is spreading false data about ML's. We have 1 at most. O-N-E. Terribly bad at maths or scum? What are you, ben?

Jumping at a small math mistake.

lewarcher82 wrote:
Captain Haoala wrote:CC here
I'm leaning town TS. His 658 was amazingly townie, and at the moment I'm severely opposed to his lynch.
Benmage on the other hand... I need to talk him over with Haoala.

I am afraid you might be right about TS.

Buddying.

The most scummy thing of all was his case against TS. Since it turns out to be nothing,
he should not get off scot-free and unexamined
. And I found this:
lewarcher82 wrote:@hellhound: I don't think that Gaylord would be terribly worried at us seeing his meta;
he appears to be an experienced player
, and meta'ing a hydra is very difficult. They can decide not to share their identities. I would have liked to trying meta'ing them, but their refusal to out themselves should not be regarded as a certain scumtell.

The very same "slip" as teamsleep. I'm not saying we vote him because of the "slip", I'm saying we should have seen this when he called TS & Gaylord buddies. And because he made the same "slip", yet pushed it as a case against TS, that is very scummy.
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

In post 372, haoala wrote:haoala here.

lewarcher82 wrote:
@everyone: we are now 11, with
likely
3 scum (hopefully not 4, but it cannot be excluded 100%). We might assume no killing 3p, but it is still early to be sure. Please do not build wagons too quickly. Newbies should be particularly careful, or we will throw the game in the toilet.

lewarcher82 wrote:as we have no evidence for a third party, we should be 6 vs 3, meaning we have 1 last ML. However, one cannot exclude the remote possibility of 4 scum in this game, in which case we woud be on lylo.
Please think twice before casting even a single vote.

lewarcher82 wrote:We were soo stupid to leave them both alive

Typical scum tactics to appear town. Also, when I voted on D3, he asked me to be cautious of voting. Other players voted after that, to which he did not respond. Inconsistent.

lewarcher82 wrote:And benmage is spreading false data about ML's. We have 1 at most. O-N-E. Terribly bad at maths or scum? What are you, ben?

Jumping at a small math mistake.

lewarcher82 wrote:
Captain Haoala wrote:CC here
I'm leaning town TS. His 658 was amazingly townie, and at the moment I'm severely opposed to his lynch.
Benmage on the other hand... I need to talk him over with Haoala.

I am afraid you might be right about TS.

Buddying.

The most scummy thing of all was his case against TS. Since it turns out to be nothing,
he should not get off scot-free and unexamined
. And I found this:
lewarcher82 wrote:@hellhound: I don't think that Gaylord would be terribly worried at us seeing his meta;
he appears to be an experienced player
, and meta'ing a hydra is very difficult. They can decide not to share their identities. I would have liked to trying meta'ing them, but their refusal to out themselves should not be regarded as a certain scumtell.

The very same "slip" as teamsleep. I'm not saying we vote him because of the "slip", I'm saying we should have seen this when he called TS & Gaylord buddies. And because he made the same "slip", yet pushed it as a case against TS, that is very scummy.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:13 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

small math mistake could lead to terrible consequences for town, in fact, assuming several ML's instead of hopefully one can lead to uncautious moves.

If you thought that my request to be cautious was scummy or wrong, why did you accept it and actually unvote your fos in the very first post after my invitation to be cautious?

(inb4 they say: "heh, the two heads disagreed on that point": bullshit!!)

regarding gaylord: you really don't see the difference between saying "both your heads are experienced players" (TS) and "he appears to be an experienced player" (me)? I can hardly believe you don't.

Naming the scumteam now is still hard. Your last post makes me feel very bad about you. My townread of you just collapsed.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”