Mortal Kombat Mafia (Game Over: Mafia Win)

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

ABR was killed by a Shuriken Shower AND a Heart Rip. That sounds like Reiko and Kano by my research, and I think that is one from each side (Earthrealm Invader and Black Dragon). Burned to death sounds like Scorpion, so I imagine that is Vig since I don't think Scorp falls in either category. Head Devoured is either Mileena or Reptile; I think Reptile makes more sense, since isn't Mileena allied with Kitana (thus making her a town member)?

I missed most of the Day yesterday, but I did read through Oversoul's "gambit."

Why in the hell would you try to claim Masons with a claimed Vanilla, Oversoul? Even if you managed to get that worked out perfectly, you can't honestly expect anyone to have bought it, right? With me leaving for Yellowstone for a week just after my claim, I'm pretty sure I would have claimed Mason and may or may not have named my partner, just to ensure I wouldn't have had to worry about it while I was gone, not Vanilla.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:47 am

Post by kiwieagle »

CSL wrote:
Vote: kiwi

Read 983 and 984.

lol look at your ISO
Oversoul wrote:

kiwieagle wrote:t-bone was a bit aggresive towards snake

Are you admitting to T-Bone's death?

Why the fuck are you still alive.

VOTE: Kiwi

are you fucking stupid?
VOTE: oversoul
Not never dead.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Oversoul »

Toogeloo wrote:ABR was killed by a Shuriken Shower AND a Heart Rip. That sounds like Reiko and Kano by my research, and I think that is one from each side (Earthrealm Invader and Black Dragon). Burned to death sounds like Scorpion, so I imagine that is Vig since I don't think Scorp falls in either category. Head Devoured is either Mileena or Reptile; I think Reptile makes more sense, since isn't Mileena allied with Kitana (thus making her a town member)?

Why in the hell would you try to claim Masons with a claimed Vanilla, Oversoul? Even if you managed to get that worked out perfectly, you can't honestly expect anyone to have bought it, right? With me leaving for Yellowstone for a week just after my claim, I'm pretty sure I would have claimed Mason and may or may not have named my partner, just to ensure I wouldn't have had to worry about it while I was gone, not Vanilla.

No... Mileena is definitely the person doing the head devouring. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Mileena was a lyncher to Kitana. In all of your research, I don't understand how you missed that painfully obvious fact. Mileena is a clone of Kitana fused with this species of maneating monster. Both of them served as princess daughters under Shao Kahn, but Mileena has a burning rage against Kitana because of the maneating species blood that is in her system.

I thought the same about Scorpion being the person who burns people alive, but I am not sure.

Why wouldn't I try to divert the nightkills onto Vanilla Townies? That way we wouldn't have lost anymore power roles, which are rapidly declining.

Kiwi, will you actually, you know, scumhunt or play? You are doing a bad job of faking it.

I also don't like the fact that the scum can actually scumhunt which makes them look like townies. Meh.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Two things:

1) I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO. Seriously, you guys are fucking retarded. How could you be dumb enough to think Palisade was scum? We should probably be lynching that entire wagon today.

2) V/LA still, for the next day or two.
Permanent V/LA.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:29 am

Post by kiwieagle »

Oversoul wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:ABR was killed by a Shuriken Shower AND a Heart Rip. That sounds like Reiko and Kano by my research, and I think that is one from each side (Earthrealm Invader and Black Dragon). Burned to death sounds like Scorpion, so I imagine that is Vig since I don't think Scorp falls in either category. Head Devoured is either Mileena or Reptile; I think Reptile makes more sense, since isn't Mileena allied with Kitana (thus making her a town member)?

No... Mileena is definitely the person doing the head devouring. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Mileena was a lyncher to Kitana. In all of your research, I don't understand how you missed that painfully obvious fact. Mileena is a clone of Kitana fused with this species of maneating monster. Both of them served as princess daughters under Shao Kahn, but Mileena has a burning rage against Kitana because of the maneating species blood that is in her system.

I thought the same about Scorpion being the person who burns people alive, but I am not sure.

Why wouldn't I try to divert the nightkills onto Vanilla Townies? That way we wouldn't have lost anymore power roles, which are rapidly declining.

Kiwi, will you actually, you know, scumhunt or play? You are doing a bad job of faking it.

I also don't like the fact that the scum can actually scumhunt which makes them look like townies. Meh.

Im serious.

where did you get that logic from?

or are trying to ,
you know, scumhunt or play? You are doing a bad job of faking it.
Not never dead.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Oversoul »

What logic are you confused about? Trying to divert the nightkills away from power roles and onto vanillas?

Oh lawd, usoclever , kiwi
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Timeater »

Waitin' on Fonz & IS
watch for the eggshells
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:50 am

Post by kiwieagle »

Oversoul wrote:

Are you admitting to T-Bone's death?

Why the fuck are you still alive.

VOTE: Kiwi
Not never dead.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Oversoul »

Leaving people to read between the lines is not a pro town move especially when you are voting them for misinterpreting the "implied meaning".
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lawl @ oversoul 984.

vote:Oversoul

Shoulda been yesterdays lynch. Probally a few scums on the Pali lynch yesterday.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:03 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT FOR KOMBATANT
Day 5 Vote Count (#1)

Oversoul (3) - Bogre, kiwieagle, Nero Cain
kiwieagle (2) - Oversoul, CSL
Toogeloo (1) - Darox

Not Voting (9) - zMuffinMan, Timeater, springlullaby, The Fonz, Mastermind of Sin, Internet Stranger, Toogeloo, Amrun, Magister Ludi

Amrun is V/LA until September 6th.
Mastermind of Sin is V/LA until September 6th.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to select a Kombatant! Deadline is Saturday, September 17th at 9:00 PM EDT.

Day 5's stage is: Hell!
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Oversoul »

Demon, I will be on V/LA until Monday. thank you.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Timeater »

replace out
watch for the eggshells
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:27 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

V/LA request granted. Timeater requests replacement.

You want this one.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Lets see

Vote: Internet Stranger

He's been on cruise control this game. Not overly concerned who goes in the ring, or who dies, or who lives. He's just been surfing through the days surviving and not doing much, which is what I would expect scum to be doing.

And, his comment to not look at the initial bandwagon on CoolDog is definitely wrong, considering that wagon had a higher than usual chance of containing scum who hoped that they wouldn't be considered 'scummy' for joining a 'joke' (/equivalent) early bandwagon. It reads perhaps like he knows that there is in fact scum on the wagon.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:13 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I can totally sheep this vote.

VOTE: IS

Didn't like his push on Palisade at all.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:36 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Nachomamma8 replaces Timeater.

You want this one.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1002, Oversoul wrote:No... Mileena is definitely the person doing the head devouring. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Mileena was a lyncher to Kitana. In all of your research, I don't understand how you missed that painfully obvious fact.

I only researched Fatalities and was just going off what I remembered from MK II, MKIII, and the original MK movie (Kitana was good there). I thought they were like Sisters or something, but clones makes sense.

In post 1002, Oversoul wrote:Why wouldn't I try to divert the nightkills onto Vanilla Townies? That way we wouldn't have lost anymore power roles, which are rapidly declining.

In every game I've played with Masons, Masons aren't killed until closer to Do or Die. While they are confirmed town, they are also mostly harmless. Scum would more than likely take shots at other people they think are Power instead. In this game we still had claimed power alive in CooLDoG, so I imagine he still presented a more lucrative target over "Masons" simple because he was at least half confirming people to be not scum, and Kano is still out there for sure with the Heart Rip. I still maintain no one would have believed you with my Vanilla claim previously though.

In post 982, zMuffinMan wrote:I actually agree with this. Prior to today, I was working off the assumption that there are two different scum factions (you know, 2 specific millers 2 specific cops, etc), but this game makes a lot more sense if we assume there's only one scum faction in this game (a combination of black dragon invaders).

I'm still kind of operating off the assumption there are two teams. CooLDoG may have hit one Black Dragon already, but he was also half confirming several people as well. With a lack of claimed power out at the moment, the Invaders may have felt he was too dangerous to their own alignment as well as players were getting narrowed down.

Going over T-Bone's ISO, I think either he never used his power, or he used it on BL/Ludi early.

He has a ton of Snake hate in his ISO, especially with:
In post 535, T-Bone wrote:Vote: SnakeComing in, and not reading the thread, only to contribute to the two vote hammer on Amrun yesterday that the majority of us specifically asked NOT to happen, killing all discussion we had going on.I wanna put Snake and the second person in the pit today. (That'd be Cooldog, and Muffinman with the late hammer, but sigh one is confirmed town)Definitely Snake because Snake needs to die, regardless of who else we throw in the pit.
In post 621, T-Bone wrote:Kill Snake with death please. (after we kill the outted scum of course)
In post 623, T-Bone wrote:Well anyway, kill Snake with death for randomly coming in and ending all discussion yesterday.
In post 629, T-Bone wrote:
Vote: Snake

Kill him with death!

..But Snake never posted more than a single line that could be asked if it would be truth or lie. So I think that is just T-Bone acting on his gut.

However over the course of his ISO, he states he thinks Ludi is town, and he brings up question about spring's Miller status and it's strength (but the way he asks it, sounds like he possibly lie detected Bunny because of the comparison question).
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Toog, thats a rather big post with not much relevance. Who are the top three people you think are anti-town, and why?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:03 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

@toog,

tbh, the only thing that really doesn't make sense if there's only one scum team is the double kill flavour on ABR.

But, if we assume that it's a single team and an even-night vig, a whole lot of things start making sense (the missing kills, the choice of kills, the fact that scum is flipping "mafia" instead of a specific faction and the fact that the mod refuses to answer any questions about what this means).

In any case, it's largely irrelevant at the moment. It's just something that made a whole lot of sense to me when I thought about it.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Darox »

I have doubts about Nachomomma8 being as cool as Timeater.
Better look at the player list sometime and see who is not pants on head retarded, because that number is dwindling quickly.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1009, Nero Cain wrote:lawl @ oversoul 984.

vote:Oversoul

Shoulda been yesterdays lynch. Probally a few scums on the Pali lynch yesterday.

hahahahahaha

Vote: Nero Cain

God, I love replacing into a game and seeing scum posting useless shit. It just brightens my day right up. Now put me in the ring with this scumbag so I can rip his head off and hold it in the air like a champion belt. I'm surprised not to see the one on one beefs that are have been in every mafia game I've played in my entire life, so I guess scum are being scared and cautious little fucks.

MoS reminds me of a dyslexic grandfather; senile as fuck, but ultimately no harm to anyone.

IS is not IS, which is sad, but means we'll probably get more done. We gotta wait until I build up some towncred first though because he'll just beat whoever he's up against into a bloody pulp regardless of alignment.

The Fonz is scummy as hell. He can die tomorrow, though. Gotta satiate a little of my bloodlust before frying this scum; otherwise it's like fighting the boss without stomping a single one of his minions, and that's just bad manners.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 814, Oversoul wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:
VOTE COUNT FOR KOMBATANT
Day 4 Vote Count (#1)

Palisade (2) - Internet Stranger, CooLDoG
Oversoul (2) - Timeater, Amrun
Toogeloo (2) - Darox, Palisade
Bogre (1) - zMuffinMan
The Fonz (1) - Mastermind of Sin

Not voting (10) - NanookTheWolf, T-Bone, springlullaby, The Fonz, kiwieagle, Bogre, Toogeloo, Magister Ludi, Nero Cain, Oversoul

Toogeloo is V/LA until August 29th.

Deadline is Wednesday, September 7th at 11:00 PM EDT. With 18 alive, it takes 10 to select a Kombatant!

Day 4's stage is: Living Forest!

I am going to try and gambit to save my life...

Wish me luck?

Also, that little Mason gambit fiasco is putting Oversoul into the town category for me for now; the fact that he quoted a random mod votecount in the post saved his life. Townies usually pull crazy shit like this simply because they don't have scumpartners to tell them that this is an absolutely terrible idea and will not work in a million years. Also working in his favor is the fact that he expressed his frustration at making a mistake in thread. No matter how monumentally terrible a mistake scum make, they won't express their frustration at it IN THREAD. Town can afford to because their mistakes don't mean insta-death, it just means having an idiot moment.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1018, Magister Ludi wrote:Toog, thats a rather big post with not much relevance.

There is a lot of relevance to the post for my own scum hunting. For one, I am trying to determine Oversoul's reactions to my questions to truly determine whether or not he is scum. At the moment, I am going with my original gut (and reason I didn't vote him to death yesterday) that he is town who made a stupid mistake. Vibe I am getting is that he wouldn't [as scum] try to claim a Masonry with a claimed Vanilla. I just don't see how people would believe it, and honestly, him screwing up the delivery is probably the most promising reason to believe it.

Determining whether or not two teams exist will help us as well. It will be less likely scum will bus scum if there is one team if they can avoid it, especially after 2 scan lynches to their team. But if there is two teams, they may be more inclined to fight each other to continue to look better. Muffin makes a good point though that the only kill that could indicate a second team is the ABR kill, as the other two deaths may be more likely to be Even Night Vigings.

By my opinion, my ISO of T Bone would also suggest that attempting to scum hunt based on his flip is likely not going to tell us anything, since the only person he had a hard on for lynching didn't give enough posts for T Bone's ability to work.

In post 1018, Magister Ludi wrote:Who are the top three people you think are anti-town, and why?

Right now, my thoughts are leaning to kiwi for some odd posts, including posting that spring is more likely to be scum since bunny was Miller, and claiming that T-Bone was aggressive towards Snake.

My other two choices would be Booger and Darox (inb4omgus), both for the same reason. Neither is really doing anything but going with the flow of the game and egging other players on as if they were watching from the peanut gallery. They've had a little content now and again, but for the most part, they have just laid a few votes, had a few fluff posts, and let everyone else do heavy lifting.

Town-wise, I've felt the Timeater slot and you have been pretty town. Amrun and spring get some town credit as well due to scans and flips, though I do hate that spring has had all of one post since Day 1.

I'm in no interest to throw a vote down at the moment, since for all intents and purposes, I lost an entire day of discussion that I am still analyzing, and the other days were freebies from scans and modkilling. I do think kiwi will end up with my vote at this current pace though. I think the Oversoul voters are looking a bit opportunistic at his fail of yesterday, so I am trying to get a better read on those slots as well.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Toog, there are most likely two different mafias. The two faction-specific cop flips prove that. If the "Mafia Goon" flip confuses you, might I refer you here, to a game backup modded by DH. The mafia were distinguished by the color of their flips, and no names were given. I wouldn't be surprised at all if DH used that style of multi-faction scum flipping here. I find that far more likely than two cops + two millers versus one scumteam, which would mean one scumteam with members having different immunities to different cops. If that IS the case, though, SL is still most likely town: two cops + one miller is just plain weird.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”