Newbie 1151 ÔÇô Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by racerman13 »

True. Wasn't thinking about that. Was just thinking that it was a truly scummy post.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by Isa »

Cool to know that everyone's on board with Xeras being scum, except for Stels. I wonder why...

Should it turn out to be so that Xeras actually flips town (though unlikely), I'll vote Stels tomorrow still. Not sure about his partner though...but again, it's Xeras.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:09 am

Post by Stels »

racerman13 wrote:I...never said I hated you.

Sorry, that was Epsilon.

Xeras wrote:Racerman. So if I am innocent, Stels is scum. If I am guilty, Stels is scum.

Why not lynch Stels first?

Ladies first.

BTW, this game makes me chuckle.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:18 am

Post by Stels »

Isa wrote:Cool to know that everyone's on board with Xeras being scum, except for Stels. I wonder why...

Should it turn out to be so that Xeras actually flips town (though unlikely), I'll vote Stels tomorrow still. Not sure about his partner though...but again, it's Xeras.

Ignorant sprite! Xeras is second on my list if you actually bothered reading my posts. Epsilon is distancing me and possibly going for the town points later. So Xeras/Epsilon are on the same level here for me. Krazy is #1 though, and always will be.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:48 am

Post by Uite »

[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Xeras »

Stels wrote:
Isa wrote:Cool to know that everyone's on board with Xeras being scum, except for Stels. I wonder why...

Ignorant sprite! Xeras is second on my list if you actually bothered reading my posts. Epsilon is distancing me and possibly going for the town points later. So Xeras/Epsilon are on the same level here for me. Krazy is #1 though, and always will be.

If Epsilon is scum, why would he be distancing himself from town? If I were mafia, I Would be trying to buddy up with some one that obvious scum. Then after that person flips town, I would go "Derp. Everyone else seemed so sure."

Stels/Epsilon people. I don't care if I get lynched now.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Krazy »

Stels wrote:
Epsilon is distancing me and possibly going for the town points later.
So Xeras/Epsilon are on the same level here for me.

Guys are you sure we can't lynch this slot today?
vote conspiracy
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:58 am

Post by racerman13 »

Xeras is scummiest to me, I don't really want to lynch anyone else.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Krazy »

So, let me see if I'm seeing this right:
-Xeras is convinced he has found the scum and doesn't care if he's lynched.
-No one else has any interest in changing wagons.
-Ranmaru has checked in and has not voiced any groundbreaking announcement that would change our opinions, although still has yet to state a catchup post.

I'd still like something from Ranmaru before the end of the day since he's still a very troubly null for me, and I'm still only about 70% sure Xeras is scum whereas I'm closer to 95% sure Stels is, but the game feels like it's stalling.

Here's where I'm at in reads:
Stels - 100% mafia. I would be pretty shocked if I was wrong about this slot.
Xeras - 66% mafia. Seems to have started to get his head into the game toward the end of today, but I don't know why he couldn't do this earlier, and for every good post he has seems to have two that are seriously troubling. My initial reads on D1 were town, and I have a nagging feeling that he's just being a VI, but it's just so hard to ignore his very scummy actions this game.

Epsilon and Ranmaru - Currently I see no reason why they would be excluded from any scum team, and due to the hurricane for Ranmaru and Epsilon just based on his posts and the way he doesn't really ever seem to pursue anyone, they're both very much null, which is sort of frustrating for end of d2 but based on the solidity of the wagons I see no way to apply pressure on either one to get a meaningfully better read. For this reason, both have currently in my mind 33% chance of being scum.
Racerman - Seems very aggressive, seems to "choose people" as scum, and some of his reactions have been weird (#79), but also occasionally towntells (progression from #306-#307). Although I disagree with some of his reads and some of his reactions are weird, strictly speaking I don't see anything yet as a scumtell, and due to his few towntells, I'll currently list him as 16% chance of being mafia. Unlikely to be scum.
Isa - Although said the "what Krazy said" which in other instances I might take to be a scumtell, I don't think I've ever seen any scum be so brazen in their sheeping or so explicit in it. I had difficulty understanding the reads Isa gave, on Stels which has never really been clearly explicated, and the rage vote against Xeras seemed closer to policy than really explaining how it is scummy. However, overall, through day 2, Isa has seemed to just be very confident in his reads, whether they've been fully explicated or not. Something does feel genuine about this slot and the suspicions, even if the continued sheeps are going to nag at my second-guessing. But the general forthrightness of the suspicions of both Stels and Xeras I just buy. Despite my reservations, this slot is obvtown. 0% chance of being scum.

If anyone would like to continue to discuss these reads, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, I will probably hammer Xeras sometime soon so we can progress, since the landing the lynch on obvscum Stels today seems to have been vetoed.
vote conspiracy
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by racerman13 »

Not counting the hurricane stuff, (before that) what are your reads on Epsilon and Ranmaru?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Krazy »

I am very certain that I have no read at all on Ranmaru. Ranmaru's posts are logically valid but indicate nothing about town motivation or scum motivation. I was hoping a response to my 289 and 290 would clear this up, but at this point the wagons are so clearly solid as rock that I'm not even entirely sure what he said would give me a clear read for today.

In regard to Epsilon, there's actually a bit more to work with in term of speculation about motivations, despite the considerably smaller amount of content per post. The first is the pursuit of Xeras--which he pursued through just about all of d1 and into today, however his push has been on behavior that is annoying, not on behavior that is scummy--but at some point the amount of distracting annoying behavior is difficult to ignore, so I give him this as possibly sincere. If Xeras flips scum, I would find Epsilon very unlikely to be his partner. If Xeras flips town, my read on him would largely remain null.

The other is this:

Epsilon_Andrew wrote:Xeras, the reason I'm going after you and racer, is because stels is my third guess. I still think you and racer are the most scummy imo, hence the reason I'm voting you and not stels.

This is an interesting position, but I just wish there was a bit more to work with in terms of understanding why these players are arranged in this hierarchy of suspicion. I know that, when scum, I love to include my scum partner as my "#3 candidate", so I can very easily see Epsilon as being partners with Stels. However, that does not mean I inherently see Stels as more likely to be partnered with Epsilon than Xeras or Ranmaru.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Krazy »

Oh yeah, and answers to the mini-game:

Game 1:
Ive spent about a day calculating this. Recent post say its now best and back up the scum flip

NO ONE POST UNTIL SCENE, catchup over night

Vote Player Z

*blam*

In this game, the player casting the hammer vote is indeed scum. The player being hammered is YOURS TRULY <3, a VT. The hammering scum goes on to win the game, despite me spending all of twilight explaining why this player was scum based on this post.

Player K wrote:
Player P, just wondering, why would you replace into a game if you think it's too long to actually read all of it?

i didn't check to see how long the game was before replacing in. i saw a game that needed a spot, and that's as far as i read. it's how i ended up in a 35 page game a while back.

also, Player X is at l-1.

vote: Player X

oops.

The player casting this hammer is a replacement, and he is town. He was hammered at lylo because of this BS, costing the town the game. He was a VT hammering a VT.

Fine whatever.

unvote; vote Player B

This is me hammering an unclaimed cop as a vigilante <3 It was an apparent 1v1, I was a vig, it seemed simple: either way we get scum, right? If the lynched is town, then I can just shoot the other one at night. Wrong, the 1v1 was artificially created by a stupid townie who decided he was just SO SURE someone was scum that he had to fake modconfirmed information. I like that a lot of people thought the player throwing down the hammer in this is scum; nope! Just exasperated town.

Waited enough.

Unvote, Vote: Player I

This is a named townie hammering an unclaimed cop.
Notice how hammers based on impatience, despite at delays in roleclaims, often lands on unclaimed cops, but also tend to come from town.

Damn it ...

I'm a compulsive hammerer guys, sorry...

unvote
VOTE: Player P

Hope it hits scum at least.

This is from scum; not only that, it's from Meransiel, the player who was hammered by a "compulsive hammer"! Sorry this one was just so delightfully ironic I couldn't not include it.

Notice that every single one of these "early hammers" lands on town, and in two out of the five cases on cops.
vote conspiracy
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by racerman13 »

So...Kill Xeras? :P
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Krazy »

Xeras - if you are town, please refrain from intentionally producing WIFOM and exhibiting clearly anti-town behavior in the future.

Unvote; Vote Xeras.
vote conspiracy
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Isa »

AND THAT'S A LYNCH.

I am 100% confident we hit scum. Tomorrow, we lynch Stels for the game. Yay!
Lär Känna En Isa

Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by Xeras »

Still Vanilla townie. I would suggest eliminating either Stels or Epsilon during day 3.

During the lylo, do not let them mislead you. ^^
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Post by Uite »

• Day 2 Final Votecount

[
    ]
    Xeras
    ~
    Isa
    racerman13
    Epsilon_Andrew
    Krazy

[
    ]
    Krazy
    ~
    Stels

[
    ]
    Stels
    ~
    Xeras

Not voting:

Ranmaru

Xeras
has been lynched. He was a
Vanilla Townie

It is now Night 2. Deadline for actions is Monday, 5 September 2011, at 12:30 CEST (UTC+2)

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Uite »

As many of you have let me know,
Epsilon_Andrew
has been banned, so he will need to be replaced. I'm sorry I didn't get to it sooner, I haven't been available for much of the weekend. I'm going to start looking now, and will extend the night for 24 hours after I've found a replacement. Again, I'm sorry for the delay.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Uite »

zMuffinMan
replaces
Epsilon_Andrew

The new deadline is Monday, 5 September 2011, at 20:44 CEST (UTC+2)

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Uite »

racerman13
has been killed Night 2. He was a
Town Jailkeeper

Last edited by Uite on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Isa »

LyLo it is. I honestly can't believe that Xeras was a townie.

Initial suspicion is still on Stels though.
Lär Känna En Isa

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Ok guys, no voting yet. This is lylo so you know the drill. Fos instead.

Fos: Krazy

You hammered without letting me catch up, why was that? Rather, how did that help us?

I didn't catch up because I had school (late nite), but I was going to and noticed the thread closed.

I'll get to your questions from last day phase tonite. Also would like your picks for ToDay. Throw out a FoS too.

@
Isa
: I want you to state why you suspect Stels again. I also want your thoughts on Krazy.

I don't believe Stels is scum. I have a stronger read on Krazy being scum. He has a few null reads, and hasn't really done much to get a better read on them. He asked me questions but I didn't get a chance to answer them because he hammered without waiting if I would have responded after that point. This all makes me think that he doesn't really care about getting a read. I also think his push on Stels is weak.

@
Muffin and Stels
: I want your picks for today. I want to see an FoS.
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:23 am

Post by racerman13 »

Bah...Go town!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Hi,

I'll be reading up on the thread in the next 12 hours.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Krazy »

Ranmaru, do you have a second FoS? Also, you're now complaining about not giving you ample enough time to respond, but still not actually answering my questions. You're characterizing my stance on Stels as weak but not actually giving any examples as to why, nor are you taking a position on Stels yourself.

Stels can also claim since he is still my top suspect?
vote conspiracy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”