BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:09 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 199, Johhog wrote:...but that post was kinda scummy. Yeah BB, HOW on EARTH could it benefit you as scum to live another day. And regarding line 2, you're basically thinking about trying to argue against your lynch tomorrow then?

No. I'm saying that arguing does not work in my favor as it's Page 8 and I've already been voted enough to claim. Why would I be able to argue my way out of a lynch tomorrow?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Living an extra day benefits you massively if the town mislynches today - because your partners have one less day to survive.

To choose between your options - if we are going to lynch you at some point (and it's probably clear that I think we should), we'd do much better to lynch you today. Then we know where we stand sooner, and have more to go on. Knowing the name of one player is unlikely to do much. A namecop certainly isn't a powerful enough role to make me want to lynch on anything except how likely people are to be scum.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Sathoris »

In post 195, Fishythefish wrote:
To be clear: do you think that BB's claim makes him more likely town than before? If so, why don't you think name cop is a likely scum role?

Yes, a name cop is benefecial to the town as it can confirm other townies and perhaps find the unsavouray names of scum. I already it's less likely to be a scum role (unless he lies about the full power of his role) because a name of someone doesn't tell you as much as it would on the town side. It's a town favoured role.

In post 201, Fishythefish wrote:Living an extra day benefits you massively if the town mislynches today - because your partners have one less day to survive.

Mislynch on the first day doesn't benefit the mafia massively. It happens all the time. Mafia getting anxious (you) about getting on the chopping block like a quicklynch of a claimed cop variant more than anything.

VOTE: Fishy
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Why do you think I'm mafia getting anxious about being on the chopping block? Where have I said I want a quicklynch?
Did you read the other bit of my 195? Do you have any response? I think it makes it fairly clear that your other point against me is crap.

I guess we disagree on name cop. I think it's a plausible scum role as much as it is a plausible town role - in the town case it's like a massively nerfed cop, in the scum case it's like a massively nerfed rolecop.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:10 am

Post by camn »

Did I stutter, mothertrucker?

Parama
( BBmolla )

Haylen
( PeregrineV )

BBmolla
( Parama kanyeknowsbest )

Chair
( Haylen )

fishythefish
( Lurconis Sathoris )

Zang
( twistedspoon Johhog )

Lurconis
( Chair )

NOT VOTING:
( Zang RedPanda fishythefish )

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is WED, SEPTEMBER 14th, 9am MY TIME.. . Or whenever I get around to it.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Sathoris »

In post 203, Fishythefish wrote:Why do you think I'm mafia getting anxious about being on the chopping block? Where have I said I want a quicklynch?

Maybe quicklynch wasn't the correct term, but you still want BBMolla lynched instead of providing an alternative. Same outcome.

In post 203, Fishythefish wrote:Did you read the other bit of my 195? Do you have any response? I think it makes it fairly clear that your other point against me is crap.

Fair enough my original point about the stop talking out of class turned out false, but in the ongoing argument my point remained. I don't think you have a special post restriction and you tried to hide that by suggesting scum also get a restriction.

I'll give you a comprimise though since no one else shares my opinion and I won't get you lynched only on my hunch. It is as a matter of fact a glorified hunch. But I've learned to stick to my hunches more often. Anyway I still want BBMolla to check you out tonight and find out your name. BBMolla may be scum or town, but this way he still works toward the town agenda. He lies about your name and you get lynched, he'll be next.
UNVOTE: Fishy

---

Lurc, I still want you to answer the 2nd paragraph of this post.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Fishythefish »

VOTE: BB
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Lurconis »

@Sathoris I feel I did answer that second part. I will try to put it in clearer words.

You asked "You apparently didn't think I was going to use RNG, which means you thought I was going to place a calculated vote. . . Inside the RVS?"

Yes I did I thought you must of noticed something and were wanting to check into it more before voting. That was how i interpreted your running the numbers.

You then ask "Yet you voted for me outside the RVS for what? Taking too long a time to place a calculated vote?"

Sort of it wasn't that you didn't vote it was more that you didn't even explain what your original insight was. It was really miscommunication I thought you were saying you found something needed to think about what it meant and were going to vote once you thought about it/examined it closer. When you didn't and seemed to not even mention what it was you found earlier I thought it was scummy.

However you meant, from my new understanding, you were holding off voting until you could place a calculated vote which is entirely different.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

You guys are really letting me down right now. I thought that I taught you better than this. Consider the following:

1. Our posting restriction is based on our role name.
2. Role powers are unrelated to our role name.
3. Some of our posting restrictions should be very obvious to other at this point.
4. Does that not imply, then, that given how we are encouraged to indirectly divulge this information that it should be not provide any benefit to either faction?
5. Given that,
how is a role name cop useful for either town or exceptional alignments?

6. HOW DOES LEAVING AN EXCEPTIONAL WIN CONDITION NAME COP ALIVE PROVIDE ANY BENEFIT TO TOWN?

Until I see something that explains how BBmolla is more likely to be town now, there is no reason to leave him alive.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 202, Sathoris wrote:Yes, a name cop is benefecial to the town as it can confirm other townies and perhaps find the unsavouray names of scum. I already it's less likely to be a scum role (unless he lies about the full power of his role) because a name of someone doesn't tell you as much as it would on the town side. It's a town favoured role.

No. Wrong.

Namecopping does not say anything about the target's alignment. Even if it did, if he has an exceptional win condition he is not obligated to be truthful. Name cop is completely irrelevant and unrelated to alignment.

The only use it can have is catching someone lying about their name. I see zero reason for anyone to do this and I do not believe that students with an exceptional win condition will have a name that reflects that, given how we are encouraged to indirectly claim our name via the posting restriction.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Posts involving the following:

Unvote, Vote: Sathoris

will receive 5 points of extra credit for the rest of the day.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by Sathoris »

In post 209, kanyeknowsbest wrote:No. Wrong.

So you know the mafia have innocent sounding names then?

I'm not saying we should ignore BBmolla and let him live happily ever after, I just want him to use his ability one night on someone we agree on. If we can't agree on this matter and you want him dead then I'll play along, as long as the greater good is served.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Post by RedPanda »

VOTE BB
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:11 am

Post by camn »

HMMM. THE PLOT THICKENS.

Parama
( BBmolla )

Haylen
( PeregrineV )

BBmolla
( Parama fishythefish RedPanda )

Chair
( Haylen )

fishythefish
( Lurconis )

Zang
( twistedspoon Johhog )

Lurconis
( Chair )

Sathoris
( kanyeknowsbest )

NOT VOTING:
( Zang Sathoris )

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is WED, SEPTEMBER 14th, 9am MY TIME.. . Or whenever I get around to it.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Johhog »

In post 209, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
In post 202, Sathoris wrote:Yes, a name cop is benefecial to the town as it can confirm other townies and perhaps find the unsavouray names of scum. I already it's less likely to be a scum role (unless he lies about the full power of his role) because a name of someone doesn't tell you as much as it would on the town side. It's a town favoured role.

No. Wrong.

Namecopping does not say anything about the target's alignment. Even if it did, if he has an exceptional win condition he is not obligated to be truthful. Name cop is completely irrelevant and unrelated to alignment.

Scumslip much?

Also, why do you think there is a name cop in the game if he is powerless?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Johhog »

And yeah, so far Sathoris is the one coming out more town in his discussion with Kanye.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:06 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Read #208 again for why I feel that way. Its not even close to being a slip. Thank you for your Sathoris buddy claim though.

Of all of the votes onto and unvotes off of BBmolla, Sathoris' is the worst.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Labor day over- catching up today.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Johhog »

In post 214, Johhog wrote:Also, why do you think there is a name cop in the game if he is powerless?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Johhog »

To Kanye.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:13 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

#208.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:13 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Why does a role have to be useful to be in the game?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Johhog »

But it's a PR... why would camn give us a name cop just for lulz? That's like creating a cop with all the scum being godfathers.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:24 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

You assumption that a town role must in some way advance the town win condition is a mistaken one.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Johhog »

I don't assume that every town role must advance the town win condition, but I thought PRs was doing that? I mean, we have VTs for balancing.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”