Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Sathoris »

In post 249, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
In post 247, Sathoris wrote:
In post 244, kanyeknowsbest wrote:My goal is no longer to convince you of anything Sathoris. My goal is to see you have a date with some rope.

I see, but lynching me would mean you'd be following my plan. The same plan you so opposed and decided to vote me for.

You mean leaving BBmolla alive? Yeah, I'm okay with that for now. Hint: its not because he claimed a worthless PR.

May I inquire as to why?
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Lurconis »

1.      Camn gave us profession names.
2.      There is no information on if these names indicate scum or towniness.
3.      Someone claims to be a namecop.
4.      If there is a role of a namecop that would indicate information can
be found by profession names.
5.      Scum may benefit from a namecop if it helps find town power roles.
6.      Town may benefit from a namecop if it helps find scum.
7.      If claimed namecop is scum allowing him one read could be very bad
for town if he discovers a powerful power roll town needs.
8.      If claimed namecop is town allowing him one read could be very bad
for scum as he could discover scum.
9.      You only need to look at which is worse for town overall.
I agree he should be lynched for info but the amount of info gleamed
would be much more by lynching him tomorrow that it would today thus
would be more beneficial for town.

If you disagree please explain why rather than say disagree
-work to email to phone to site more when at home
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:38 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Reaction to his claim. There are students with exceptional win conditions (you) eager to not be on his wagon. Whether this is because it would land them on a claimed PR or it was an opportunity to pull back from their bus is up for debate. I've begun to take a shine to the former.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:40 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Lurconis you are beyond hope. I'm sorry. Standards be damned, there is no helping you.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 251, Lurconis wrote:1.      Camn gave us profession names.
2.      There is no information on if these names indicate scum or towniness.
3.      Someone claims to be a namecop.
4.      If there is a role of a namecop that would indicate information can
be found by profession names.
5.      Scum may benefit from a namecop if it helps find town power roles.
6.      Town may benefit from a namecop if it helps find scum.
7.      If claimed namecop is scum allowing him one read could be very bad
for town if he discovers a powerful power roll town needs.
8.      If claimed namecop is town allowing him one read could be very bad
for scum as he could discover scum.
9.      You only need to look at which is worse for town overall.
I agree he should be lynched for info but the amount of info gleamed
would be much more by lynching him tomorrow that it would today thus
would be more beneficial for town.

If you disagree please explain why rather than say disagree
-work to email to phone to site more when at home

1-8. Yes, except a minor objection to 4. It makes it more likely that a namecop is helpful - not certain.
9. No, no, no, no, no. You also need to look at
whether he is scum
. If he is scum, it's
much
worse to lynch him tomorrow than today. Assuming BB is the scummiest player, we have to decide whether the tradeoff of extra info is worth lynching someone we think is less likely to be scum. For me, the extra info here really isn't that important - it's not exactly a massively powerful role - and so I think we should lynch him.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:55 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 232, kanyeknowsbest wrote:Please comment on the reactions to your claim.

I don't think any of them really indicate scum, they just indicate that some people feel Name Cop is more important than others. It's pretty null.

I myself am hesitant to say whether or not my role is actually useful.

I also have a hard time hunting when I'm the center of attention. My reads turn out biased because generally when I hunt I look for things I disagree with, because I know I'm town so I know how things look from a town PoV. But when everyone thinks I'm scum it screws up my scumdar.

@kanye: Why do you think everyone is scum?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by camn »

Parama
( BBmolla )

BBmolla
( Parama fishythefish RedPanda )

Chair
( Haylen PeregrineV )

fishythefish
( Lurconis )

Zang
( twistedspoon Johhog )

Lurconis
( Chair )

Sathoris
( kanyeknowsbest )

NOT VOTING:
( Zang Sathoris )

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is WED, SEPTEMBER 14th, 9am MY TIME.. . Or whenever I get around to it.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Chair
Chair
Goon
Chair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Chair »

SO i've been completely ignoring this game for some reason. So, now it's time for a series of WONDERFULMAGICAWESOMENESS WALLPOSTS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo
In post 138, Parama wrote:
Sathoris wrote:
Parama wrote:Though if I'm so convinced in my mind that you're scum, it implies that I am legitimately scumhunting, which in turn implies I'm town. But you say I'm scum. So that term couldn't possibly apply to me, right? If I'm scum, I would be absolutely sure you were town, right? Why would I have to convince myself that you're scum, if I knew objectively that it wasn't true? Your train of logic only makes sense if you think I'm town, which you don't.

WIFOM, dismissable.

go get sexually assaulted in a dark alley
this is never the right response
sathoris is actually a good candidate for rounding out my 3-man scumteam
though where has twisted disappeared to recently

Hrm. Yeah, this is a bit scummy, and certainly notable. Dismissing X as WIFOM is a classic scum tactic, but it can also just be a townie who doesn't really understand how WIFOM works.

So Sathorsis: your post implies that Parama's argument is dismissible solely because it is WIFOMic in nature. Can't this be used to dismiss essentially any argument at any time? All of mafia is wifomic - any given action can almost always be assigned both town and mafia motivations, and the goal of town is to determine the more likely motivation. So why should any wifom argument, which inherently has motivations, be dismissed?
Haylen wrote:The only major thing I note about Chair is that he's coming up with all these reads, but isn't giving reasoning or evidence for them.

Wait. What the frick is this? Parama says he's scum and asks for help on a mislynch? And he COMPLIES?

Conclusion:
I don't know how I can't NOT find the scummy.
Unvote, Vote Chair

Heh. Haylen, what is the mafia motivation for that post of ours? Note: you are not allowed to use the word WIFOM in your answer.

BB wrote:It's called Doublethink.

I almost want to call you town just for this just because I like the argument. But it's a decent point, anyway - if Parama openly admits that he is going to look only for scum motivation in BB's posts, then he is tunneling. Tunneling isn't necessarily a towntell or a scumtell. It could be argued that it's necessarily antitown since it eliminates consideration of a possibility that should still be considered.

Frankly, I could see Parama as scum in this game at this point. He's aggressive as both alignments, and I'm honestly not entirely sure how to read him.

Parama: would you say that you, as town, often wind up tunneling this early? And when I say tunneling, I don't mean having a strong scumread, I mean the extent of tunneling that you're doing with BB right now.
Sathorsis wrote:We've seemed to slow down.

VOTE: BBMolla

Discuss.

Did you intentionally ignore the question directed at you in the post above this? Because that question was essentially exactly what I would have asked. Why are BB and fishy "safe" lynches? Why use the word safe?

Fishy wrote:Basically, there is no way that "doublethinking scum" is a plausible read for anyone to have on anyone else, particularly so early on.

I disagree. I don't really see why the reconciliation with the doublethink argument is scummy - I think it was just a series of misunderstandings where BB was trying to say something but couldn't communicate it, and eventually realized that doublethink communicated it well.
RedPanda wrote:my top two scum suspects were fishy and BB , seeing fishy's last post i guess only one of them might be scum . im not entirely convinced that BB's a town cop but since its easily confirmable im going to move on to the other scum . UNVOTE

So... what other scum are we talking about and why isn't there a vote for them?

~implosion
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Lurconis »

@Fishy I disagree with you but understand your point of view on it. I still think a BB Molla lynch tomorrow where more information is learned is better than today.

unvote

@Kanye once again you don't post any reasoning just push your agenda as if it is absolute. This is not a strong tactic for a serious student.

VOTE: Kanyeknowsbest
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 164, BBmolla wrote:I am a Town Name Cop. Each night I figure out the name of someone's character.

My character name is Supervisor.

Oh hey, a most-likely-useless role than can be proven to be a real ability but does nothing to impact alignment.
In post 168, Chair wrote:We believe the claim. It seems to thorough for scum to make up and the role is reasonable.

I believe the claim too. BBmolla is still my favorite lynch. In fact, I will not be changing my vote for the rest of the day. What does his claim have to do with his alignment at all?
In post 168, Chair wrote:Lurconis is now the top of our scumlist.

why
In post 169, Fishythefish wrote:Well, BB clearly
is
a name cop - it's a totally confirmable role. But there's no reason to think he's a
town
name cop - it's a role that could certainly be useful for either team. I'm happy to lynch him.

you get extra credit
In post 170, Chair wrote:If the role is useful for either team, why wouldn't we keep him alive? What can scum do with a name cop anyways? Since BB is outed, we can use him EVEN IF he is scum cause if he doesn't help us, then we know he's scum.

-Misder

But what can he do for town? I have a decent idea of what the flavor entails and I'd think that flavor names aren't going to be indicative of alignment in this game. Which also means scum have no reason to fakeclaim.
In post 176, Johhog wrote:UNVOTE: BBMolla
VOTE: Zang
Bandwagon GO!

Guys if you want to start a wagon it's generally a good idea to explain why the person you're voting is the best person to be voting I mean come on now really this is two in a row.
In post 179, Johhog wrote:Oh, even if BBMolla is scum he will be forced to help us. Isn't that a good reason enough to keep him alive?

see my response to chair.
also, if BB flips scum (which he will) then one of Johhog/Chair is scum.
Panda is playing like a newbie and I need to probably pay a bit more attention to his posts but atm I don't care that much :/
In post 189, Sathoris wrote:Name cop seems useless as a mafiarole. He could of course be faking the true nature of his ability, he could be a name + role cop. But seeing as a name cop can verify townies and not help the mafia in any way I trust his claim. If it's a fake one, then well done and I'll congratulate you after the game.

go away
In post 214, Johhog wrote:
In post 209, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
In post 202, Sathoris wrote:Yes, a name cop is benefecial to the town as it can confirm other townies and perhaps find the unsavouray names of scum. I already it's less likely to be a scum role (unless he lies about the full power of his role) because a name of someone doesn't tell you as much as it would on the town side. It's a town favoured role.

No. Wrong.

Namecopping does not say anything about the target's alignment. Even if it did, if he has an exceptional win condition he is not obligated to be truthful. Name cop is completely irrelevant and unrelated to alignment.

Scumslip much?

okay yeah johhog is bb's partner.
Pere: why so little content? what makes Chair more likely scum than BB/Johhog?

a lot of this thread is pointless nonsense that nobody cares about. at least IMO.
I almost want to stop scumhunting-hunting and start finding association tells because BB is scum and we can map out the rest of the scum from there. But that has had disastrous results for me in the past so ehh.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Lurconis »

@parama Why do you feel the flavor and our names wouldn't indicate alignment in anyway? Do you think Camn would of put an essentially useless role in the game?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Parama »

I don't freaking know. I'm not trying to outguess the mod here but I don't think flavor names have an impact on alignment.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Lurconis »

You just said

In post 259, Parama wrote:I have a decent idea of what the flavor entails and I'd think that flavor names aren't going to be indicative of alignment in this game. Which also means scum have no reason to fakeclaim.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Parama »

Yes, I did. And then I repeated what I said. In the following posts. I don't think think flavor names are indicative of alignment.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by BBmolla »

@Parama: But I'm not scum.

Stop scumhunting based off something that is not true and has no reason to be indicated as so.

All you are saying in post #259 is that everyone who wants to lynch me or thinks I'm scum is town, and everyone who doesn't want to lynch me or thinks I'm town is scum.

Also what's with the aggression in #261?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by Sathoris »

In post 257, Chair wrote:
In post 138, Parama wrote:
Sathoris wrote:
Parama wrote:Though if I'm so convinced in my mind that you're scum, it implies that I am legitimately scumhunting, which in turn implies I'm town. But you say I'm scum. So that term couldn't possibly apply to me, right? If I'm scum, I would be absolutely sure you were town, right? Why would I have to convince myself that you're scum, if I knew objectively that it wasn't true? Your train of logic only makes sense if you think I'm town, which you don't.

WIFOM, dismissable.

go get sexually assaulted in a dark alley
this is never the right response
sathoris is actually a good candidate for rounding out my 3-man scumteam
though where has twisted disappeared to recently

Hrm. Yeah, this is a bit scummy, and certainly notable. Dismissing X as WIFOM is a classic scum tactic, but it can also just be a townie who doesn't really understand how WIFOM works.

So Sathorsis: your post implies that Parama's argument is dismissible solely because it is WIFOMic in nature. Can't this be used to dismiss essentially any argument at any time? All of mafia is wifomic - any given action can almost always be assigned both town and mafia motivations, and the goal of town is to determine the more likely motivation. So why should any wifom argument, which inherently has motivations, be dismissed?

Okay, take Kanye's post on Lurconis' quote where he thinks he might have an exceptional win condition because he thinks people with a restriction might. Solid argument with reasons. Anybody else can see how he got there because it's all in the quote.

BB called Parama scum because he was distorting as much as he could to paint BB in a scum position. Now take Parama's argument, posting about what he could call himself so to contradict BB's stance. No one else can think what Parama thinks, especially if he's scum. So why should we take his word for it. I don't trust him, therefore I don't trust his argument. It may not be the definiton of WIFOM, but it got close enough.

Also if you don't know why I posted that the way I did then reread my posts.

In post 246, Sathoris wrote:I am beginning to worry we're a bunch of townies arguing while scum sit back.

Guess who suddenly showed up who were curiously absent in the namecop debate.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Fishythefish »

So... I did a reread. And it turns out I was wrong. About pretty much everything. Sorry about that.

TL;DR:
Read the section on RedPanda if you want to know who to vote for. Parama's case on BB is actually pretty weak. Sath-kanye is town vs. town. Scum are currently lurking their way through an interesting period of the game. If you're the mod, prod Haylen.

Johhog

I don't much like his vote on BB. He says that BB voting me and then unvoting me is scummy, but I don't really see why he thinks that. He doesn't explain why he doesn't buy BB's explanation (ie. vote on me not that serious, unvoted because my wagon was near a lynch). I dislike his play after BB's claim. He moves on to Zang, saying that even if BB is scum he will be forced to help us. But doesn't bother responding to any of the arguments on either side of that issue, except to say that "Sath is coming out more town than kanye in their discussion". Which is unexplained, and rather convenient as Sath is the person he agrees with. I don't see anything he's said since BB's claim which explains why he thinks BB is town. And I don't think "scum would have to help us" is a plausible reason to want BB alive.

Parama

His original point on BB (unvoting me and then voting randomly) makes sence, but is not a massively exciting point. I can see BBtown thinking my wagon was too near a lynch for him to be comfortable with. I don't think taking off a pressure vote at that stage is a good move for town, but I don't think it's implausible either. The next round of his points on BB is... pretty meh actually. BB's response is basically "I wasn't ready for a fishy lynch, and I was scared of a lynch happening, so I unvoted". Parama never really addresses why he thinks this is unlikely, and the argument fast descends into "I so found the true and scummy motivation for your post" vs. "You're so misrepping my post". That takes us up to 115, where it gets a bit more interesting. Then Parama brings in a new argument - because BB is saying
a) Parama is so convinced BB is scum he makes up things that aren't there to reinforce his point of view.
b) Parama is scum.
That looked like a better point for me - saying Parama is convinced that BB is scum definitely implies he believes it. But actually, I rather overlooked something. It's worth quoting the BB post in question in full:
In post 114, BBmolla wrote:Parama I am town and this is a mislynch. There is literally nothing I could possibly do that you won't construe in some sort of scum fashion, and that is you painting me as scum.
I forget the term, but it's you being so convinced I'm scum in your mind that you create things that aren't there to reinforce your view.

Also, you literally just admitted you misrepped me to enforce my lynch. [sarcasm]Such a town move right there[/sarcasm].

If you look at the bolded, you get more or less what Parama is saying - it implies that Parama is convinced BB is scum, and hence town. But taken with the previous sentence, the meaning changes quite a lot - it now reads more like BB is saying that Parama is deliberately looking for the bad things in BB's posts to fit an image of BBscum. The bolded isn't a great expression of this, but Parama does rather take it out of context.

Hmmm. Parama's attacks are looking quite dirty to me, actually. He goes for BB's responses in a way that doesn't seem to be evaluating them honestly.

His reaction to the claim is fine.

Haylen

@mod:
please prod Haylen.

BBmolla

The post on Doublethink is the one that's really off for me. I don't see how BB reads Parama as "scum who manages to believes BB is scum while knowing it's false" rather than "town who believes BB is scum". The only decent interpretation I can put on it is a really convoluted way of saying "Parama is scum trying to get me lynched, and so he attacks anything I do as scummy". But that just isn't what it says.
What else? Well, I felt he downplayed the seriousness of his vote on me after he unvoted. He hasn't done much except defend himself, but in a game which is all about your wagon that's fair enough. His post claim play seems... pretty solidly protown. It's not so hard for scum to do a "look at me I'm all protown about getting lynched" act, but this is still a pretty convincing example of it for me. Generally, BB's play isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was.

Chair

Chair doesn't do much. Votes BB, declares they're sheeping. Misder's reaction to the claim isn't one I like - like Johhog, it falls into the category of "you don't have any more reason than before to think BB is town". Saying his role is useful is
such
an incomplete answer to "should we lynch him". And he really doesn't participate in the conversation about this. implosion's last post also says nothing about the claim - in fact he hasn't said anything about BB at all, which is odd considering BB's the focus of this game thus far. What is in his last post is a few disconnected but reasonable things to say. I want to know who each of them thinks is scum and why.

kanyeknowsbest

He's been shouting the right answer since the claim, but that's easy and fun (I should know, I've been doing it too). Probably also a bit townish - scum probably aren't gunning for a name cop's lynch whatever alignment he is. More generally, he's thought much the same thoughts as me about the game. Guessing he's town.

@kanye: why is Sath scum?

PeregrineV

I like his recent catchup post, but he hasn't done much else. His unvote for BB is because BB is "potentially valuable", but he admits himself he doesn't really see the value.

RedPanda

This is one scummy Panda. Jumps on a large wagon with the
incredibly
vague statement that BB is scum cracking under pressure. He gives some insight into why here:
In post 119, RedPanda wrote:Just cause you unvoted to prevent a ML doesnt mean your not scum. it could be that you targeted your scumbuddy at the start to make it look like you guys arent buddies and then unvoted when you thought he might be in danger. also when the votes started coming to you, you use a bet on paramas mother's life which i think is really scummy. what did you expect him to reply? hes obviously not going to bet on it. And my Really Broad statement was to be applied to what i quoted. its a pity why you cant understand why that statement seems that way.

So the first two sentences are a misunderstanding of someone else's point against BB. The way Panda mangles it, he winds up saying that unvoting me isn't townish because it might have been a bus originally. Which... is true, I suppose. But it doesn't remotely say why unvoting me is scummy. And the
actual
point Parama had made was that unvoting me was scummy because BB got cold feet about a mislynch. This incompetent parroting is mega scummy. Then he says that betting Parama's mother is really scummy - but why? It's clear that BB means "are you very sure I'm scum?". And why's that a scummy question? Panda doesn't share that with us. It's
just
the kind of thing I can see wagonning scum pick on - it feels somehow like it's an unfair and scummy question for BB to ask, but when you think about it it actually isn't.

After BB's claim, he unvotes because BB is confirmable, and says that BB and I were his top suspects. He then agrees with me that actually it makes no sense to unvote someone because their role is confirmable. And backtracks massively, saying:
In post 178, RedPanda wrote:actually fishy the only reason i thought you were scum was cause of BB's interactions with you from the start. its more of a gut feeling that one of you are scum. i was actually more inclined to BB as scum and you as town. and you do provide valid points against BB, my inexperience didnt let me think about that.

This seems to say that he had a feeling that one of BB and I was scum. And that's it's BB. Which is pretty much in direct conflict with his previous post. Reads like, seeing my explanation, he realises that he's safe on the BB wagon, and drops his suspicion on me as unnecessary. He's also now twice explained his vote on BB by saying he voted to pressure him - and still not adequately explained his actual vote.

Panda looks to me like a shameless bandwagonner. It doesn't feel like he cares much about whether BB is scum. Scummy.

fishythefish

Has his name miscapitalised in the opening post. Extrememly townish.

Zang

Dropped an early towntell - I think his misunderstanding of the scum role PM is unlikely from scum. Since then... he's made decent points, but not really committed to anything. Makes him pretty hard to read.

Lurconis

Of all the wrong people about BB's claim Lurc comes off pretty well. Even if I think his arguments make no sense, it reads like he is trying to persuade people of something he believes. His votes have been pretty meh. Don't really know who he thinks is scum.

twistedspoon

Don't really like his response to BB's wagon. Very fence sitting:
In post 123, Twistedspoon wrote:in post 76: the point on panda is well made. If BB flips town then panda needs a serious looking at for a very opportunistic and badly explained vote. However the newbie mindet is to sheep the biggest wagons, so this must also be considered.in this post BB asks me my opinions on his wagon. I'd say some of the votes are shaky. Parma makes the best case, but chair and panda's votes are blatant sheeping. Not scumtells in themselves, especially since chair was asked to sheep, but they should be considered if you flip townKanye's vote on you was sound i thought. you don't have to be completely sure a player is scum in RVS to vote them and unvoting or not voting in RVS is usually scum playing it safe imho.In conclusion I think your wagon will certainly have scum on it if you flip town. Most likely not parama or kanye though.

Feels like he thinks the BB wagon is shaky, and identifies particular people on it with weak votes, but doesn't really care. He does follow up a bit on Panda, which helps this quite a lot.

Sathoris

Seems like town. In his arguments with me and kanye about me post restriction (or potential lack thereof) and about BB's claim, I think he believes what he says. Particularly in the former - he seemed very like who think they've got a good catch. Which is especially noteworthy because if (as is likely) scum do have post restrictions, it's not a catch scum would think of.

Revision to BB

Wow! All the other people I think are scummy attacked BB. He gets some townpoints for that.

So, with lists roughly reflecting order in scummy-townie:
Very Scummy

Panda
Johhog

Quite Scummy

Chair
Parama

Neutral

BB
twistedsoon
Haylen
Lurconis
Peregrine

Quite Townish

Zang

Town

Sathoris
kanye

Clearly, this calls for a change in vote. I think a
UNVOTE:
VOTE: RedPanda
is in order.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Because it's a bit buried in the above:

@mod: Please prod Haylen

I saw it the first time.. and it has been done.
Last edited by camn on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Triple post FTW!

I will be V/LA this weekend, from late tomorrow until Sunday night.

please use the new VLA tag in your profile... it's shiny!
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:54 am

Post by camn »

Halfway to deadline!

Parama
( BBmolla )

BBmolla
( Parama RedPanda )

Chair
( Haylen PeregrineV )

kanyeknowsbest
( Lurconis )

RedPanda
( fishythefish )

Zang
( twistedspoon Johhog )

Lurconis
( Chair )

Sathoris
( kanyeknowsbest )

NOT VOTING:
( Zang Sathoris )
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:01 am

Post by RedPanda »

Brilliant fishy. your gameplay is actually really good. i guess its no point for me to hold back what i think about you now that youve called me out. the only reason i made the post about you no longer seeming scum to me was just to make sure i dont get nked in case i was wrong(i believed you might be town at that point but i didnt want to take a chance). When you started your vote on BB after his roleclaim, i was confused - i was so sure from your interactions at the start that both of you were scum(for people who want clarification please reread their votes on each other they are sneaky and they keep trying to keep a distance between themselves) that when you actually started the vote after BB's roleclaim i thought there might be a possibility that you might be town. i was just waiting for you to change your vote to prove that your BB's scumbuddy. and since im the only one whos pointed out both scum, im sure i seem pretty dangerous to you. when you asked me why i thought you were one of my top scum suspects, i was unsure of what to say and a lot suspicious. and to prove im town and consistent with this theory of mine please refer to my post 119.(i see the connection between fishy and BB there and vote because of that. also fishy and BB Completely ignore this post of mine.)
Post 174- i still mention the connection between fishy and BB. my post 178 which still mentions their connection in direct answer to fishys question. and fishy actually Asked me to join his wagon on BB back again since i agreed with his points about BB's roleclaim. at this point since i was pretty sure that since BB was scum and fishy voting for him meant that he was town i voted for bb. and fishy did exactly what he planned to do - try to shift the whole focus on me.
i say lynch fishy or BB first .
If i am wrong - you know where to find me.
i just hope you guys reread this thing thoroughly.
i will not be able to reply back immediately since its 12 30 am for me and im off to sleep and college tom and will be back in 16- 18 hours.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Zang »

Sathoris- I asked you a question, please answer it.

Kanye- I asked you to do something, please do it.

Parama- I asked you a question, please answer it.

Kanye wrote:Hint: its not because he claimed a worthless PR.

How is it worthless?

Kanye wrote:Reaction to his claim. There are students with exceptional win conditions (you) eager to not be on his wagon. Whether this is because it would land them on a claimed PR or it was an opportunity to pull back from their bus is up for debate. I've begun to take a shine to the former.

So you don't think that BB is scummy anymore?

Chair wrote:I think it was just a series of misunderstandings where BB was trying to say something but couldn't communicate it

That's not doublethink.

Parama wrote:if BB flips scum (which he will)

Why are you so sure the BB is scum?

Parama wrote:Yes, I did. And then I repeated what I said. In the following posts. I don't think think flavor names are indicative of alignment.[

You have no reason to assume that.

Fishy wrote:Revision to BB
Wow! All the other people I think are scummy attacked BB. He gets some townpoints for that.

What is your opinion now on BBs claim?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@Panda:

So, to summarise:

- In 119, you said that BB and I might be scum together. To be precise, you said that the reason for BB hopping off my wagon might be that we are scum together. I ignored this because it was totally unjustified - all it's saying is that player A unvoting player B makes them scum together. Which is not a good tell.
- You say you also had other reasons for thinking we were scum together - that we were sneaky and tried to distance ourselves. How, exactly?
- You say you lied about your suspicions on me to avoid the NK. Why did you feel it was worth lying about who you think is scum and why to live another day? This seems thoroughly implausible to me. Why wasn't your priority to lynch the people you thought were scum?
- You say that me unvoting BB and going for you proves I'm scum with BB. That is only remotely true if you already have the BB-fishy narrative in your head; in general, changing your mind about someone is just not a good associative scumtell.
- You say that you have been thinking about a me/BB team for a while, and from the posts you quote that's true. But your reasons for it look pretty weak.

@Zang: much as before; he's a namecop, I don't know which alignment. But now he's not the scummiest player in my eyes, so I don't want to lynch him.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Wait, what does this sentence mean:

In post 270, RedPanda wrote:the only reason i made the post about you no longer seeming scum to me was just to make sure i dont get nked in case i was wrong(i believed you might be town at that point but i didnt want to take a chance).

Do you mean that you were afraid I would NK you after we lynched BB, or something else?

@Panda: it would be great if you could try to respond as soon as you can - I'm going on V/LA in maybe 20 hours and it would help a lot if I could hear the answers to my questions in the last post before then.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Sathoris »

In post 234, Zang wrote:Why do you think that fishy doesn't have a post restriction? I could be wrong but I assumed that scum also had them and even if fishy has one, it's not mandatory that he follows it.

Also, if scum don't have post restrictions then wouldn't it be obvious to identify them?

Already answered your first question a few pages back in the debate. You dragged this back out so you can do the dirty work. And you answered your last question yourself in the previous sentence.

I already acknoledged I was wrong, no point rehashing old news. And you can tell me all you want to answer your question, but next time I will just ignore useless questions like these.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”