[Mini 1205] Tough Guy Mafia - Game Over!

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by HezLucky »

"fenix shoots wicked i hide behind magua"
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Fenix
Fenix
Goon
Fenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Fenix »

If a hider hides behind someone who dies, they die as well. So basically I wound up
shooting myself in the foot
killing my partner along with Magua.
GO!
RAICHU!
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Fenix wrote:If a hider hides behind someone who dies, they die as well. So basically I wound up
shooting myself in the foot
killing my partner along with Magua.

No this isn't your fault it was just stupidly stupidly bad luck. -_-

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Krazy »

Just wondering, but why did you hide at all? Trying to avoid cop? Wouldn't he get a "no result" which would be suspicious as hell in itself?
vote conspiracy
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Maybe, but they could at least be like LOLROLEBLOCKER
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Also Hez woulda made it to three way. After Vifam, my order was fenix->LC->HH->TO.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 903, Krazy wrote:Just wondering, but why did you hide at all? Trying to avoid cop? Wouldn't he get a "no result" which would be suspicious as hell in itself?

Mafia were expected to have a power role by town. That would just confirm that there is some sort of mafia roleblocker in the game.

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Regfan »

He wouldn't be trying to avoid cop by hiding if they were shooting at the cop. I think he did it just because he had an ability to use and it backfired massively unluckily. I think Hez would have made it very deep into this game otherwise and potentially won it.

Fenix, there wasn't much you could do, you replaced into a slot which was going to be autolynched before lylo no matter what.
Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Horrifying Hero »

Rainbow wrote:If im an alt I would deny any guess, feel free though. Some of you ponies have guessed some amusing guesses through the games ive been in.

Sotty. (Since you're gonna deny it could you humor on why can't possibly be Sotty? :wink: )

What did other people guess, if you don't mind me asking?
Hydra: Mastin/Lateralus22
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Slaxx »

oh yeah btw, I was NOT that for sure on Fenix scum, I was just seeing if he'd crack. He actually did a good job staying cool.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Slaxx »

btw, maf qt?

was there a dead one?

want both pls
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 906, HezLucky wrote:
In post 903, Krazy wrote:Just wondering, but why did you hide at all? Trying to avoid cop? Wouldn't he get a "no result" which would be suspicious as hell in itself?

Mafia were expected to have a power role by town. That would just confirm that there is some sort of mafia roleblocker in the game.

also, I was going on the assumption that Wicked would have been dead --- doc + cop + vig is somewhat overpowered given 3 maf.

our maf qt has a grand total of 17 posts in it. there is next to nothing interesting [unless you really care about why the vig died before the cop -- yes it has everything to do with avas being one of the two targets and the fact that I can't both hide and kill at the same time]

Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Eh? But vig shots still go through even if the vig dies on that night, no?
Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Wait, nvm
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 912, Horrifying Hero wrote:Eh? But vig shots still go through even if the vig dies on that night, no?

The cop is something I have control over. I can hide n1, hope he kills an inno and then off him the next night.

A trigger happy vig means I either hide or risk being killed. Which is scary.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Magua »

<--- best bodyguard ever
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Good game.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 908, Horrifying Hero wrote:
Rainbow wrote:If im an alt I would deny any guess, feel free though. Some of you ponies have guessed some amusing guesses through the games ive been in.

Sotty. (Since you're gonna deny it could you humor on why can't possibly be Sotty? :wink: )

What did other people guess, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah I keep getting accused of being the ponies behind the Twilight Sparkle hydra. Was trying to get them to join mini 1234 with me, if anypony wants more pony. Go hit up that replacement list.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:20 am

Post by Amor »

Scum quicktopic - http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/p2Gim4YiZhRj
I would have started a dead thread after N2, but it looked like the game was gonna be over soon anyway.

Role PMs

7x
Vanilla Townie
- Horrifying Hero, LobsterCatapult, el simo, bobsnox, Krazy, tarsonisocelot, Ethos
You are a vanilla townie! You have no powers except your vote.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

1x
Town Bodygaurd
- Magua
You are a bodygaurd! During the night you may choose a player to protect. If that player would be killed, you will be killed instead.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

1x
Town Cop
- Wickedestjr
You are a cop! During the night you may choose a player to investigate. You will be informed of that player's alignment.

1x
Town Vigilante
- Rainbowdash
You are a vigilante! During the night you may choose a player to kill.

1x
Mafia Hider
- HezLucky
You are a mafia hider! Your mafia partners are Y and Z. At night you may choose a player to hide behind. If you hide, all night actions that would target you fail. However, if the player you hid behind is mafia and/or is killed during the night, you will also be killed. At night, one mafia member may kill a player. You may not hide and perform the kill during the same night.

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same). You may talk to your fellow mafia members in <quicktopic> pregame and during the night.

2x
Mafia Goon
- Vifam, Fenix
You are a mafia goon! Your mafia partners are Y and Z. At night one mafia member may kill a player.

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same). You may talk to your fellow mafia members in <quicktopic> pregame and during the night.

Night Actions

Night 1
HezLucky hides behind Wickedestjr
Rainbowdash kills bobsnox
Wickedestjr investigates ConfidAnon
YankCane151 protects ConfidAnon
avasthearties kills Rainbowdash

Night 2
HezLucky hides behind Magua
Wickedestjr investigates tarsonisocelot
Magua protects Wickedestjr
Fenix kills Wickedestjr

Night 2 was what really decided the game -- up until that point HezLucky had things pretty well in control. Still, good game by all, and for the most part an entertaining game to watch.

So, any feedback? Anything I forgot to reveal here that you wanna know?
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Magua »

Amor, you've got a mistake in your role distribution because you have Ethos as VT instead of Godfather.

LobsterCatapult flipping town made me really sad.

HezLucky played a really good scum game. That flip surprised me, though in retrospect "guysguysguysguyslynchYanklynchYanklynchYank" should've been a clue or something.

(In seriousness, mafia seemed weak (scum are almost certainly screwed if Cop lived till D3). I see the Hider, theme-wise, but I would've gone with some form of 1-shot Bulletproof instead of Cop, or given scum a Framer (if allowed by the Normal guidelines, too lazy to look), or made the cop Macho, or something.)
Fenix
Fenix
Goon
Fenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Fenix »

Especially in this game where the town had so many roles that could get the Hider in trouble for either hiding or not hiding, the Hider seemed pretty neutral in terms of power balance (barely more powerful than a goon). Whereas the town had a protective, killing, and investigative role.

Not saying that's why we lost. But it didn't help =/
GO!
RAICHU!
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Krazy »

Well the bodyguard isn't that good in most circumstances since, although protective, he just dies instead. And then the next night scum would have free reign on the cop. And vig can also hit cop or bg, so... Yeah. Not a overwhelmingly townsided setup, but definitely not scumsided.
vote conspiracy
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:44 am

Post by el simo »

In post 919, Magua wrote:HezLucky played a really good scum game. That flip surprised me, though in retrospect "guysguysguysguyslynchYanklynchYanklynchYank" should've been a clue or something.

Totally, Hez was one of the few people I had pegged as conftown from early in the game. I'd have never lynched him!
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Hez would have made it deep although I would be surprised if he made it all the way, the cop being targeted should have made it obvious to everypony that scum lacked either a RBer or a GF, so those ponies targeted should be treated as semi-cleared, forcing him around the bubble of a 3P endgame entry. Also he really did fight the Vifam lynch a bit day one, he played a solid scum game though.

The game was pretty balanced in the end I think. The hider is a little evil with the presence of a vig and BG though, although it acts as a modified GF. Maybe this was a slight town advantage, but its not much of one. Scum should have killed the cop night one, I think not doing that was a major mistake, way too big of a risk if town came around.

HH needs to tunnel less, way less.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Ethos »

I actually think the setup was balanced. BG is generally a very weak role and vig can often be more of a hindrance to the town than a benefit plus the addition of a hider makes the vig less effective. The game was well run considering the number of replacements needed as well.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”