Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:59 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Voice from the grave:

See? I'm dead, and everything is screwed up!

Well, go town!
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:11 am

Post by Stewie »

If I say who is the most scummy to me, and that person happens to not be mafia, the mafia wouldn't kill him/her, and we would lynch him/her, and we would lose.

Vote: no lynch

To narrow it down to 50% chance of getting a scum. We only get to lynch a person once, so why not make it easier?
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:39 am

Post by Darkblade »

Sorry about my utter lack of posting. :oops:
After reviewing, I have to go with
FOS: Primoris
for logic posted before and being the one to put the final vote on the nurse, a lynch that was based on flimsy logic and I would have protested had I been paying attention.
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:57 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hmm... Stewie's plan does make sense. But I'll have to think about it for a bit.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:14 pm

Post by Talitha »

Actually I don't know if I agree with a no-lynch. The mafia will probably kill Stewie tonight, because he's the most confirmed innocent. Then we'll still be faced with the same dilemma tomorrow, but we won't have Stewie around to help figure out who the scum is.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:03 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

wow, you guys are doing so good, you've all lynched a whole 1 MAFIA!!!!!! good job lol. but wait, your cop doc and nurtse are dead too.... oops
(wait a tick, im dead, arent i?) *dies*
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Primoris
Primoris
Goon
Primoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:59 pm

Post by Primoris »

Darkblade, I had my suspicions longer, read my first post on the last day! And I was typing out my vote for FD, while he was typing out his defense so I only read his post after I pressed the reply button. We posted at the same time, so I didn't know of his claim.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:59 am

Post by Stewie »

I can't see why me not being here would slow down the town. in my opinion, you are the most suspicious just for making that comment. That, plus Darkblade was voting for phebus from the begining, and primoris is confirmed by the cop, which also hints to the fact that he is more likely to be killed than me.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:32 pm

Post by Talitha »

Please explain why I'm suspicious for that comment?? You are the only person that I am convinced is innocent apart from myself.. therefore I would like you to be here to make the final vote.

We've only lynched one known baddie so far....
ONE!
It's driving me nuts that I don't know what roles there are in this game, and I don't know what they do. What if Primoris turns out to be the godfather, and Darkblade turns out to be another 'outsider' or something? If that's the case and we no lynch, then the town will lose!!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:34 pm

Post by Talitha »

I mean, I assume Breakdown had to be bad, otherwise this would be over by now.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:36 pm

Post by Talitha »

Actually, I'd like Darkblade to claim.... because the rest of us have.
Primoris
Primoris
Goon
Primoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:02 pm

Post by Primoris »

I'd like that too. (Darkblade to roleclaim)

Taltiha, you have to take my word for this since I can't prove anything. I'm not the Godfather. If I get killed this night, you'll know for sure but I intend to stay alive and help the town win.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:13 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

No lynch- 1 (Stewie)

Not voting (3): Darkblade, Primoris, Talitha

3 to lynch.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:18 am

Post by Stewie »

Well, thalitha, primoris and I are the 2 that are pretty much cleared. Either of us is going to die this night. I disagree on darkblade claiming, he might have a good role, and making him claim will not give us the advantage of the scum having the doubt.

I can't see any flaw in the no-lynch plan. There's only one killing group, that's for sure, and if you ask me, outsider doesn't look too suspicious.

It doesn't matter if you have me here or not, since you need all players to vote for a player to lynch him/her (exept the player him/herself). That means you can still lynch without me here.
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:40 pm

Post by Darkblade »

UnFOS: Primoris
I remembered there was someone that brought the umph into the Pheobus bandwagon. Forgot it was you.

Secondly, I think at this point, cop investigations are probably useless. It appears that there were only two mafia; if there were anymore, then it would be game over, assuming normal mafia. In addition, it is extremely impropable that a SK would be on the loose with only one night kill per night. Now, two mafia in a 12 pplayer game is rather imbalanced with a cop, doc and back-up doc unless the mafia has some special powers. I see four possibilities:

1. Last mafia member is Godfather with immunity from investigation

2. Last mafia member is Godfather with one-time chance to make double kill

3. Last mafia memebr is Godfather with both these powers

4. (Rare, but possible) There are two mafia members remaining. However, one of them is a mafia traitor you has the win condition of another mafia member being dead (Like the set-up in my mini: Paranoid Mafia)

If case 1 is true, then no lynch would be a good idea. If the other cases are true then no lynch leads to town loss. If case 2-4 is correct, Stewie is most certainly evil. If case 4 is true, then Stewie and Talitha are most likly evil.

Something to think about as I go back to mourning on the heartbreaking loss by the Rams :(
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:47 pm

Post by Stewie »

So you think I just "guessed" that the townie PM was vage, and that bigben was townie? I do see your point (If I was scum with the ability to do that, I would try to get no lynch to win the game, or I could also be the traitor, trying to get talitha lynched tomorrow) but I got more points in my favour, and to tell you the truth, 2 to 4 are really not likely. This seems like a normal mini to me, just with twisted storyline to make it interesting, and give both mafia and town some clues. Now, I agree that only 2 mafia is kind of unbalanced for them, but this is an 11 player game, and the most logic way to balance it is a generic godfather.
Primoris
Primoris
Goon
Primoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:53 am

Post by Primoris »

This hasn't cleared much up for me! I mean, it's a nice story and food for thought, but this hasn't cleared anything up about the role Darkblade has at all.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:39 am

Post by Stewie »

Either backup cop, townie or mafia.

I really don't thinkk primoris can be godfather. I mean, if he was, why did he kill the cop? It really doesn't make sense. So it would be between talitha and darkblade for me, but I'm leaning towards talitha. however, unless someone claims scum I'll keep my vote where it is. Risky? yes. But it's also risky to lynch someone if there's a chance to narrow down the choices. If for some reason nobody follows me in this, I'll vote for talitha.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:55 am

Post by Talitha »

Darkblade's post has really got me re-thinking my assumptions about Stewie. I just can't understand why he would push for a no-lynch with so much unknown and before we had even started discussing things. He's done some other odd things too, but I'd written them off because I was sure he's innocent. Eg. He tried to get Primoris lynched because Primoris was defending Phoebus. At that point we didn't even know Phoebus was bad! And lynching Primoris was supposed to prove or disprove Phoebus's guilt (according to Stewie). What if he knew that Primoris was innocent, and was actually trying to protect Phoebus?

As for why the godfather would kill the cop... well there's plenty of reasons. It makes me look guilty because Yoko was pointing the finger at me. It makes Primoris look more innocent. It means the cop can't clear more people, etc.

I'm not saying that I definitely think Primoris is the godfather.. just that it can't be ruled out. I'm even starting to think that Stewie might be the godfather.... and that maybe the mod gave him a copy of the townie roles as a balancing thing. I was in a game with Norinel (Princess Bride) where all the townies confirmed each other by trading specific details about their role PMs. Obviously he (Norinel) didn't want this to happen in this game with (probably) only 2 mafia, so I guess he could've given the scum the info as a safeguard.

This is all just conjecture.. I'm no-where near sure enough to vote for anyone yet.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:07 pm

Post by Stewie »

The idea of scum having role PM's is rather ridiculous. That would highly unbalance the game in the scum favour.

About me trying to get primoris to talk instead of phoebus, is because phoebus claimed vigilante, and the rest of the town felt unconfortable lynching a claimed vigilante, so I thought that since primoris was overprotecting phoebus, there was a connection there.

I too don't think that primoris is defenetly not the godfather, I was just saying it is unlikely.

I think no lynch is a good idea because it would narrow down the choices, but if you all think it's a terrible idea for some reason, I'll change my vote. But just the fact that nobody is supporting me makes me think that the scum would get nothing out of a no lynch (otherwise the scum would be supporting me).
Primoris
Primoris
Goon
Primoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:56 pm

Post by Primoris »

I think I'm ok with a no lynch. But I'll think about it while at school.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:55 pm

Post by Talitha »

What's your reasoning for that Primoris?
Primoris
Primoris
Goon
Primoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:59 pm

Post by Primoris »

Because all suspicions posted seem so true to me :( I don't have a clue what to do at this point; at this point everything should be clearer than at the start instead of even more confusing. And like Stewie said, a no-lynch might narrow down the choices.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:26 pm

Post by Norinel »

I don't like endgame deadlines. I really don't.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:40 pm

Post by Talitha »

Stewie & Primoris: I agree that a no lynch is a good option if we can be sure that there is one vanilla mafia left. However what makes you sure that,
a)The remaining mafia doesnt have a double kill (to balance the fact that there are only 2 mafia in the game)
b)There are 2 mafia alive and 1 is a traitor
or c)Some other variation or game mechanic which means that a no-lynch will end in a town loss.

If you think that none of these scenarios are at all likely, then please explain to me why. I've never seen a mini game with only 2 mafia before, apart from Werebear's mini (which has no cops or docs or any other helpful pro-town roles). I simply can't accept that Norinel would only put 2 plain mafia roles in this game. There must be something more to it.

I'm also quite confused at this point. A week ago if I had to vote I probably would've voted for Darkblade. 2-3 days ago I would've voted for Stewie, and right now I probably would vote for Primoris.
Argh! :x

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”