The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Empking »

Gandalf: You are claiming that you claimed a bastard role in order to breadcrumb that you had a bastard role? Am I correct?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:26 am

Post by Wraith »

LOLOL OBVIOUS TROLLCLAIM LOLOL

Don't like how a lot of people fell for that or pushed it, because trollclaiming like that is townie (or in gandalf's case, idunnowhatmyalignmentis) so I believe gandalf's claim. Why is that a townie action, you ask? Because it brings a lot of heat and attention down on you that I really don't think scum would risk.

Also don't like that Furcolow says "well i was gonna do scumhunt then peeps voted fer me" and instead of following through goes into SUPER DEFENSE MODE. Talk about overreacting.

I'm in class now so when I get out I'll take a closer look at the wagon on gandalf and vote accordingly.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Empking »

@Gandalf
You are also claiming that you claimed a bastard role in order to breadcrumb that you had a breadcrumb but then waited more than a hundred posts after completing your crumbs to reveal that it was a joke? Yes.

I'm unsure; Did you finish your crumbs before or after Andy claimed?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:32 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

No, I'm claiming that I claimed a bastard role because I knew that if I didn't then D1 was going to be really boring, so I went ahead and breadcrumbed while I was at it. You need to keep in mind that I'm not playing to win at this point because I don't know how I'm supposed to win.

PEDIT: I did make one last crumb after Andy claimed, me telling Andy that his thinking was correct was me thinking that he knew my real role and letting him know he was right.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:04 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Oh, so Gandalf began yet another LOTR themed game with a stupid “I’m Gandalf gambit”. Well at least reactions will be useful for getting reads.

Gandalf voters based on his ‘claim’ – Empking, Spyrex, Kayne, Furc, LC, Kats

Clearly if Gandalf is Town there is scum on this wagon. No doubt about it. I give more weight to scum likelihood under this scenario from those who actually played in Plum / Andy’s LOTR game (Spyrex, Kats).

As much as I’d like to vote Furc for being his normal terrible self I don’t see his reaction as scum-driven at this point. Much more like the flailing I saw in Stars Aligned 3. I am going to have to go back and read Bold and Beautiful Mafia 1 again to see what his Day 1 play looked like there before I solidly place him as “not scum”

--

Ludi wrote:@ Magna I read invictus. What is it that make you lay down a serious vote?

Who says that is a serious vote, in that it was backed by intent to actually lynch?

@Ludi
– I’m very curious about your post 13. You were able to instantly cobble together that reaction post to Gandalf’s obv-fake claim in 9 minutes.

You didn’t play in Plum’s prior LOTR game. Why were you so tuned into Gandalf’s play and insistent he clarify if he was fake-claiming or not?

--

Empking wrote:Vote: Gandalf

Either scum, third party or anti-town.

Oh, so you’ve narrowed down his alignment to either scum, 3rd party or idiotic Town. Good work and an excellent reason for a vote.

--

Spyrex wrote:Get yer votes off me I'm a magical princess.

PUT THEM WHERE THEY BELONG

Unvote, Vote: Gandalf

Spyrex wrote:Page 4 lynch. Page 4 lynch.

I’m now sad … you drew scum this game didn’t you Spyrex? Playing with scum Spyrex is a chore (StarsAligned 3, Ooba's Game of Thrones recent large). But I think you probably did draw scum. Because Town Vig Spyrex saw this whole song and dance from Gandalf the last time and mis-vigged him. And Town Spyrex knows for sure that early lynches for lulz in Large Themes (aka Invictus) are terrible.

@GUT
– I’m completely sorry I bothered to jokingly scold you earlier.

UNVOTE: Gut
VOTE: Spyrex

--

Wisp wrote:Why not an actual random vote?

How is Pere’s vote on Gut based on a user-name joke not a random vote? What is an actual random vote to you?

--

Andrius wrote:Ok wow gandalf's claim is balls-to-the-wall.
Somehow, even though I KNOW this game is bastard, that seems to be a bit too STRETCHED. I think it'd be predictable for BastarD_Plum to give gandalf Gandalf, but mehhhh he wasn't in Silmarillion so ehhh.

You Co-Modded with Plum on LOTR so I don’t buy for a second the obv-fake claim from Gandalf didn’t cross your mind.

The “But he was using it to Breadcrumb in LOTR” doesn’t fly with his obv bold crumbing also.

On the other hand I see things in that post that read as Town Andy to me. And you didn't jump to vote Gandalf. So you are off the hook for the moment.

Andrius wrote:predit: Ok kanye has a good point that I missed. He's not town because town wouldn't claim a non-town wincon. Sorry about that. :S

No, because dumb, gambitting Town have done so in the past. I’ll direct you to the link from [REDACTED] when it ends.

--

Mastermind wrote:The first counterwagon that starts on someone voting gandalf, poke me. I'll be down for that.

POKE
– Come vote Spyrex.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Katsuki »

What a surprise, MOI doesn't even bother reading.

@Gut: Why is Spyspy scum?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Cool.

Unvote

Vote: Kanye
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:39 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

In post 204, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I give more weight to scum likelihood under this scenario from those who actually played in Plum / Andy’s LOTR game (Spyrex, Kats).

I think this is a bad assumption. I think those people might feel MORE justified to vote me again, due to the WIFOM involved in me doing it twice in a row. And once again, i think the weird reaction from Andy is due to him realizing what my real role was and not wanting to reveal it. I'll let him speak for himself, but I think he was just trying to perpetuate the thing because he thought it was funny.

That said, I see where you're going with SpyreX.
Unvote
VOTE: Spy

Here's to hoping he's not my scumbuddy!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:40 am

Post by VitaminR »

Vote: Kanye

MoS, Ludi, and Furc are probably town. MOI maybe too, he makes some good points. MoS and Ludi because their reactions seem very similar to mine so far, and Furc's reaction to being wagonned felt sincere.

Spy's not a bad vote either. His calling for a quicklynch is off.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:49 am

Kats wrote:What a surprise, MOI doesn't even bother reading.

What a surprise, Kats drops a pointless 1 liner and provides no content :roll:

I’ve read the thread … have you? Why don’t you actually do something for once and show me why you ‘think’ (using the term loosely for your purposes) I am not reading.

Not that I’m expecting more than a “NO U” response …

--

Gandalf wrote:I think this is a bad assumption. I think those people might feel MORE justified to vote me again, due to the WIFOM involved in me doing it twice in a row. And once again, i think the weird reaction from Andy is due to him realizing what my real role was and not wanting to reveal it. I'll let him speak for himself, but I think he was just trying to perpetuate the thing because he thought it was funny.

No it isn’t a bad assumption. It is spot on. Let me elaborate via theoretical example –

Player X has a history of making claims that he feels are important to Town early Day 1 (like Miller and Hated Townie). He also once claimed Miller as scum early Day 1.

In this theoretical example game I claim Miller immediately Day 1. What is the proper play to make? That answer is – to ignore it for purposes of scum-hunting. Being more likely to vote for Player X because he claimed Miller for the WIFOM is stupid.

In this case Gandalf has demonstrated in Large Theme games he has made stupid claims Day 1 immediately to ‘generate content’ and ‘breadcrumb’. Spyrex and Katsuki both have DIRECTLY seen this. The Town approach is not to vote for you because of WIFOM. It is to ignore the claim and focus on the other aspects of your play.

Yet Spyrex and Kats both jumped to “Luzl, Gandalf is scum”. So unless they are aligned with you and somehow know for a fact you are scum making a stupid gambit for the luzl there is no overriding reason for Town Spyrex or Town Kats to jump immediately on the Gandalf wagon and go “OBV SCUM LYN CH IT WITH FIRE”.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Unvote, Vote: Katsuki
Permanent V/LA.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:18 am

In post 210, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Katsuki

So I poked you about the Spyrex scum counterwagon to Gandalf as you requested. Why ignore it?

Not that I disagree with the Kats vote but both Spyrex and Kayne are both more viable counterwagons. Do you think Kats is a stronger candidate for scum?

Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Gut »

In post 205, Katsuki wrote:@Gut: Why is Spyspy scum?

Gut!

His play this game is a lot like his play in Masons and Mafia. Kanye, on the other hand, is decidedly more proactive. Spyspy is Today's lynch.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Andrius »

Espeonage, this isn't lol_Bastardmod. I THINK I know who my character is, and she's town.

ALSO.
Hey Plum if you want to get my attention don't edit my posts as I usually don't read them. Feel free to PM me if you want to whack my wrist with a ruler.
On that note, I apologize to everyone I called a tw@t- didn't realize it meant anything more than an idiot. After reviewing a google search for the word and seeing there's more than one meaning, yeah. My apologies. I meant nothing more than to use it as a synonym for "idiot" not its other connotations. My apologies.

ANYWHO.
Furco IS over-reacting. Sorry bud, three votes is NOT ALOT.

gandalf wrote:Andy, your thinking is correct. Take this out of context of the last quote, I'm intentionally separating it from what it's referring to.

I'm actually still confused.

Chronopie is town I think. By no means a strong read but an initial townish read.

In post 186, gandalf5166 wrote:
In post 185, Furcolow wrote:Gandalf, can you like for real admit you're not Gandalf in this game? There is no possible way that is the name of your character

Actually, this is getting boring. I'm in the same boat as Andy. I just figured I'd have some fun so I could do SOMETHING D1. I was planning on keeping it up longer, but it just got boring. I had a pretty unsubtle breadcrumb..... Look at the bolded parts of those first few posts, where I acted like it was a glitch. You get:
I really don't know what I'm doing now. I could really use some help(I think it's possible that there's some role that might be able to restore my memories, was trying to signal them). I think Plum gave me this role just to fuck with me.

Bullshit.
YOU CLAIM YOUR "WINCON" RIGHT NOW.
TELL ME WHAT IT SAID IN YOUR ROLE PM.

Almost as cool as the time I CC'd as VT and got a scumlynch. <3

BUT YES. THERE IS NO REASON FOR THERE TO BE TWO OF US, UNLESS ONE SMALL CHANCE.

gandalf wrote:I think Plum gave me this role just to fuck with me.

IF. I could speculate on why I might have gotten what I did but that's no help to us now.

In post 191, Furcolow wrote:Fuck, I forgot Andrius is a real person. I imagine him wearing a cute, French beard, and baking pastries.

FWAN

In post 194, Empking wrote:I don't believe Gandalf.

I don't either. No flavor room for TWO of us.

UNLESS.
UNLESS.
UNLESS BASTARDNESS TO THE MAX.
AND ONE OF US IS NIENOR.
AND THE OTHER IS NINIEL.
THATS ONE OF TWO WAYS THIS COULD MAKE SENSE.

Yes.
I'm very sad with Spy right now.
I think he'd TRY as scum though.
I don't really want to vote him though- something tells me that'd be a bad idea. Almost likes he wants to be lynched. Goddamn.

MoI wrote:You Co-Modded with Plum on LOTR so I don’t buy for a second the obv-fake claim from Gandalf didn’t cross your mind.

It did. I cited it when I responded to MoS, didn't I? :?
I don't remember clearly.

[quote="MoI"No, because dumb, gambitting Town have done so in the past. I’ll direct you to the link from [REDACTED] when it ends.[/quote]
Yeah, but this isn't Fate. This is gandalf.

gandalf wrote:i think the weird reaction from Andy is due to him realizing what my real role was and not wanting to reveal it. I'll let him speak for himself, but I think he was just trying to perpetuate the thing because he thought it was funny.

Again, I'm not sure what to do with you.
This IS bastard but there's only TWO ways this could work and I don't like either of them.

OK, REITERATION.
I think gandalf's "claimA no claimB like andy" is BAD.
I want him to claim his "wincon". For clarification.
There are two distinct possibilities, one being outlined above "Nienor/Niniel" parallel, one other one I won't mention yet.
But yes.
I am distrustful of two of us because I really don't see how it makes sense, but again, bastard so.

Spy is definitely anti-town.
Definitely thrown off by him not seeming to care deal.
:/

You know what?
Here's what we'll do.
I'll hammer Spy.
JUST IN CASE.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Andrius »

Ok tagfail.

Also, gandalf, I considered doing what you did and trolling, but then I realized that I'm most likely town via flavor.

You, on the other hand, DIDN'T think to act pro-town so either you're:
1) legit don't know any flavor so didn't know any better
2) scum faking off my claim
3) being gandalf in a large theme
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Empking »

Does anybody else want to claim Andrius' role?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 215, Empking wrote:Does anybody else want to claim Andrius' role?

This. Amazing how we're going to srs bsns over ??? roles. WHEEE MYSTERY ROLE.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

I’m now sad … you drew scum this game didn’t you Spyrex? Playing with scum Spyrex is a chore (StarsAligned 3, Ooba's Game of Thrones recent large). But I think you probably did draw scum. Because Town Vig Spyrex saw this whole song and dance from Gandalf the last time and mis-vigged him. And Town Spyrex knows for sure that early lynches for lulz in Large Themes (aka Invictus) are terrible.

Now, I'm just a beautiful princess afterall and not known for renown with words and what have you but I'm pretty sure you're drawing some kind of parallel with my princess duties here and those of other fair princesses there. Which, knowing those princessess like I do, is a pile of balrog droppings. Pretty sure anyone with even a cursory knowledge of anything should, and will, laugh and laugh.

As for Gandalf, now versus then, the change is very clear and I'll stamp my perfect little foot. See, my perfect and ample busom wouldn't let me draw back a bow to take care of these issues myself. Unlike, apparently, the amazon who could draw said bow and protect herself before.

Also, considering I want Andy dead as well for (now) the same gimmick should speak very strongly I don't think this was for lulz. Yet, lo and behold, we've now seen the time cop claim his business was for lulz.

Yea, I'm fine with both of them becoming vapors. Especially after Andy, so uncouthly, insinuated I'm a third party.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Empking »

SpyreX: Are you hot?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Andrius »

Spy wrote:Yea, I'm fine with both of them becoming vapors. Especially after Andy, so uncouthly, insinuated I'm a third party.

Well, at least you HAVE a role. :P
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm at a comfortable temperature right now, although you are a doll for asking.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I beleive crap like that, since it's a free-form game where anything is possible.

@Gandalf- If you don't know "how to win", why would you think you are town?

And just so I get it, you breadcrumbed your role as "I don't know what I'm doing" and you feel you share a role with Andrius because why again? Quotes would help me "get it".

I think scum was hoping for a weirdo Gandalf lynch, and that scum was on his wagon.

Unvote.
Vote: Kayne
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Furcolow »

unvote;
vote: spyrex
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 209, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kats wrote:What a surprise, MOI doesn't even bother reading.

What a surprise, Kats drops a pointless 1 liner and provides no content :roll:

I’ve read the thread … have you? Why don’t you actually do something for once and show me why you ‘think’ (using the term loosely for your purposes) I am not reading.

Not that I’m expecting more than a “NO U” response …

Considering your response to my post is already a "NO U"...
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 212, Gut wrote:
In post 205, Katsuki wrote:@Gut: Why is Spyspy scum?

Gut!

His play this game is a lot like his play in Masons and Mafia. Kanye, on the other hand, is decidedly more proactive. Spyspy is Today's lynch.

How so?
I would actually argue the opposite for Spyspy.
I'll re-read later.

Kayne is definately town though, yes.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a