Mafia 137 - Neruzian Era Mafia SERIAL KILLER WIN!

sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by sorgster »

What did toon fighter say about lewarcher though?
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Amrun »

Didn't mention him.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by sorgster »

I know, I'm asking what lewarcher would have been according to toonfighter's words.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by sorgster »

Ebwop: TF also called maxous town. Maxous was lynched and was a townie.
Marathon Game record
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Neruz »

No Picture Today

chkflip (
) -
edmund.angles, David Xanatos, Amrun, hezlucky, vezokpiraka
David Xanatos (
) -
mastin2, CSL, chkflip, Zdenek, sorgster
pappums rat ( 1 ) -
zMuffinMan
mastin2 ( 1 ) -
GreyICE

8 votes to lynch

Deadline in (expired on 2011-09-14 08:00:00)

malpascp has been prodded. If he doesn't respond or pick it up i'll see about replacing him.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by chkflip »

Great analysis, Amrun. Though I know {Lewarcher/Phoebus I think it was} didn't post very much, do you think there is merit to strengthen your analysis with an overview of their posts as well?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Here, I'll make Phoebus/Lew easy on you.

In post 51, Phoebus wrote:
Vote: Mastin

In post 115, Phoebus wrote:I'm least concerned about whether mastin is worried about appearing town during later ISOs or whether he is a wallcoholic or what have you.
I had a horrendous sense of déjà vu on page 2 once the multiple consecutive posts started appearing from mastin.

I would just rather not have to wade through all of that in later parts of the game when trying to ISO someone, whether that be mastin or anyone else.

Mastin: You claim in your signature that it isn't your job to be convincing, it's your job to be right... or something similar. How can you be wrong about things/people if you're going to churn out 10 posts/per page? It's like an old medium's trick: Go to an English person and claim to be speaking to someone named J. Last Initial and you'd hard pressed not to find a John, Jack or James somewhere in the family. Throw enough things at the wall and see what sticks.

On your wiki, Mastin, you also claim you want to be a better player and that you wouldn't log in back as Mastin for having lost a bet. Isn't it a bit disingenuous of you to be playing practically the same way now, what? three years after? the last game I played with you... albeit under a different login... and then to claim you want to do better? Isn't this exactly what brought you your first infamy?

I'm more than willing to pay attention to what you have to say... and be utterly unconvinced of you being right; and being gobsmacked if/when you are... if stuff would just come from you in smaller doses.

In other words, Mastin hatred is all you get. Lewarcher gives more.

Lew wrote:mastin, I need some links to your meta, both as town and scum. It would be a big help. I have read the first pages and I am confused by what you have been doing. A lot of stuff turns around your kick-off posts, and not knowing you is a problem. Thanks.
"Quite frankly, I don't get this guy."

This is the first thing which could qualify as content, though it obviously isn't real content. Nor is this:

mastin: I see no games of yours in which you made a list of townreads and scumreads so ridiculously early as you did here. Is it normal for you to just pronounce yourself about who is town and who is scum 5 seconds after gamestart?

edmund: no. We are having replacements, I am the first, many other have to come. There is no way mod won't grant an extension, so your proposal sucks, and is even a little scummy.

vezok: if you wanna end the day before I am catched up, do it without my vote, and seen the general level of the cases I have seen, at your own risk.
But I'd be quite shocked if both Edmund and Vezok are town from it.

Spoiler: first content
In post 618, lewarcher82 wrote:catch up part 1

mastin2 wrote:2. edmund.angles <--Very minor scum-lean.
3. PranaDevil <--Very minor town-lean.
4. hiplop <--Flip-flops, so null.
8. Uprising <--Flip-flops, but overall leans town. (So, very minorly.)
9. Torqez <--Town.
10. Maxous <---Also town.
13. Pine
14. pappums rat <--I'm guessing town.
16. Tomie Uzumaki <--Scumz.
17. Hiraki <--Null. I'll look more into this.
18. Toon Fighter <--Town.
19. SomeRandomGuy <--Very slight town-read.
20. zMuffinMan <--Also a very slight town-read.

The gaps are people who I have trouble judging the content on, so far.

^this is absolute folly. And I see no pro-town reason for doing it. But again: as someone will later say: who would take this seriously? Common! There are two possible explanation. Mastin is a VI (which I kinda think) or he is trying to end the RVS before it starts. No more than this.
More Mastin hatred from the slot.

Same post wrote:mastin 45-54: see above.

At this point Bowser moves his vote to Tomie... at this point I would have probably moved my vote to bowser.
Bowser/CSL suspicion.

Uprising post 83: OMFGWITG???????? (oh my f god who is this guy?) mastin's reads were ACCURATE? here I would have moved my vote to Uprising, with much more convintion tha I would have had voting Bowser.

posts 90-91: Muffin and Maxous get town-points for this. But my vote would remain on Uprisung
Uprising/chk suspicion, minor Muffin/Maxous interactions which suggest both are town.

94-96: Tomie has a point here....

mastin 104: I have played with some of the biggest VI'S sitewise, and still I never get used to it. This post makes me wanna se mastin hang regardless from his alignment.

Prana 106: this sounds like town-Prana to me...
Tomie's now sorgster, and (this one's important) Prana's now Zdenek. More Mastin hatred.

mastin2 111: ok, look, I am starting to think joining this game was not a good idea...
now tell me exactly what your torquez town-read was based on

post 130: I am liking this malpascp person.

uprising 132: why not? What is wrong with it?
How do you scumhunt without hypothesiosing connectins?
My vote would still be here.
MORE mastin hatred, likes Mal (additional evidence Mal's town--see also: Maxous/Muffin above), and more suspicion of uprising/chk.

pine 138-139: I know how you play scum and I will not allow you to use your short posts in which you do not explain the reasons behind your actions. You claim to have re-read.
Then explain why Tomie is scum.

Prana 144: meh... way to use 20 lines to say stuff you could say in 10 words.
These are both important, since Pine is now David Xanatos, and Prana is now Zdenek. Lew switches his Prana read from Prana-town to Prana-meh.

hiplop 147: hiplop is wrong, muffin is right. and saying muffin is distracting town is ridiculous. Who is distracting town is mastin (prolly a town VI) and whoever tries to make cases because of his lists.
Hiplop-interaction, Muffin interaction, Mastin hatred.

pappum's 149: I can agreee with the contents, that look town, but none of them is original/new content at this point. Null.
Fencesitting on Pappums.

Hiraki 155: again: goodposting, but damn, why is everyone ignoring uprising scummy lurking?
Buddying up to Hiraki (now confirmed town), just like Muffin and Maxous above. (Further evidence Muffin is town.)

mastin 159: sneaky move. This is a sneaky move. If a player who has joined in 2011 is stupid enought to think they can play good in a large closed setup, it's their problem. The odds of getting scum are the same.
Too lazy to check context of what my 159 IS, but most likely, Mastin hate. :P

pappums 162: reasonable meta analysis.
Can someone confirm?
More fencesitting on Pappums. (This is Amrun's slot, btw, so naturally, she won't be looking too much into things like this.)

hiplop 182: you. need. to. post. cases.
Hiplop interactions.

mod 188: the brilliant result of mastin's strategy. leading wagons are mastin and tomie. Prolly both town.
"Mastin and Tomie are both town". (Yet he really hates my guts and wanted to lynch me, anyway...)

Uprising 190: OMFG how come no one votes this guy????
Uprising suspicion.

Tomie 199: u r right about pine.
Presumably (too lazy to check context) a weak attack against Pine.

Uprising 204: oh come on!!!
More uprising suspicion.

Mintkitten 248: I guess this post is th ebeginning of bowser's wagon, right?
Mint interaction.
And I can tell you from this that Pine/David, Prana/Zdenek, Edmund, and Pappums/Amrun are all figures of extreme interest, whereas Muffin and Uprising (among others) are pretty town.

Lew wrote:as of where I am now (more or less post 400), my vote would be on chk or on hiplop. Don't understand much of the bowser wagon, but it may depend on the fact that I am not entirely caught up.
Hiplop's confirmed town.

Really, his ISO's a jackpot. I need to go to bed, right now (shoulda done so half an hour ago, but couldn't resist), but I easily could continue and show you lots of fun stuff.

Heck, I could do it for Toon, too, since I'm sure Amrun's definition of interesting content differs from my own.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:01 am

Post by malpascp »

Proddodge, responding at night.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:18 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

wow, I am so glad that I am the most scum and the most town according to an analysis of TF's ISO. I was worried that I would be one or the other, and that would sadden me.

ISO analyses are useless without understanding the context around the posts. For example, in the post where TF questions mastin's town read on me, it's because two posts prior to that Maxous asked how mastin had a town read on me from a single post. It went maxous->mastin->TF quoting mastin. The very simple explanation for this is that TF couldn't think of anything better to post at the time and settled for asking a redundant question and hoping that allowed him to skate by for a while. It also means that both mastin and I are town, but that's just because we are town, and there's no point questioning that.

I don't understand why people are saying lewarcher's ISO had zero content. His ISO had a fair bit of content for the quantity of posts. If I wasn't extreeeeeemely lazy, I'd analyse it myself. But I am, so I won't.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:24 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

OK, so I quickly skimmed lew's ISO. CSL is town. chkflip is meh - probtown, not entirely sure. lew had a major hardon for uprising. It
may
have been distancing, because chkflip was never anywhere close to being lynched.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:56 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Okay. I'll be honest here.. I've had some shit to deal with in real life lately.

I've had a lecturer claim a coursework piece was late which has meant I need to resit two seperate modules in second year, meaning I need to delay third year by a year, I've been trying hard to get this overturned but it simply hasn't worked, I'm shitting myself about my dad getting home from his fortnight away with the Territorial Army because he's going to kill me, I feel bad because through all this I haven't been able to get a part time job since the last place sacked me because of an error on the payroll department's part (I was booked for 3 weeks holiday, they put me down for 2, so I was classed as AWOL for the last week and rather than fix it, they sacked me.) and all in all, I've been feeling pretty shit about things. I'm telling you all this because yes, I haven't been putting as much effort in here as I should be. I intend to fix that, starting now. So, I'm asking for a little time to re-read, draw up some proper thoughts et cetera. I will give the focus required here from now.
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:25 am

Post by edmund.angles »

I've reviewed zMuffin on pappum:
zMuffin about pappums wrote:fake caplock rage at hiplop

Yeah it seemed a little fake.

, timing of his hiplop vote and the timing of the TF wagon sprouting,

Don't see the problem about the timing. Pappums voted hiplop before TF seemed in real danger of getting lynched.

the fact he was unwilling to consider moving his vote, despite saying he'd be perfectly fine with either hiplop or TF being lynched today,

He was voting hiplop, the largest of the wagons he liked, why should town-pappums change his vote to TF?

the fact that he tried to get away with calling hiplop town for meta reasons early in the game then flip-flopped on this, etc etc).

PR could see hiplop's later actions as more important than his early game read. The meta-read seems a little contrived, though.

PR was somewhat scummy, but there are better targets.

@David: Sorry to hear about your trouble. Don't stress about the game, play it for fun, it's just a game.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1408, zMuffinMan wrote:wow, I am so glad that I am the most scum and the most town according to an analysis of TF's ISO. I was worried that I would be one or the other, and that would sadden me.

ISO analyses are useless without understanding the context around the posts. For example, in the post where TF questions mastin's town read on me, it's because two posts prior to that Maxous asked how mastin had a town read on me from a single post. It went maxous->mastin->TF quoting mastin. The very simple explanation for this is that TF couldn't think of anything better to post at the time and settled for asking a redundant question and hoping that allowed him to skate by for a while. It also means that both mastin and I are town, but that's just because we are town, and there's no point questioning that.

I don't understand why people are saying lewarcher's ISO had zero content. His ISO had a fair bit of content for the quantity of posts. If I wasn't extreeeeeemely lazy, I'd analyse it myself. But I am, so I won't.

Obviously, things have to be cross referenced with lew and phoebus' ISOs.

I actually think knowing the context is not that helpful at all, and a replacement's fresh eyes can see new things that an original player's cannot.

See Planet of Hats for reference; this method was very successful at clearing townies in that game.

It should be helpful in the case of the other scum, too, because TF was lynched day 1 so it limits his usefulness but provides interesting reactions in his scumbuddies (hopefully).
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by sorgster »

Can we have a votecount please?

NO VOTECOUNT FOR YOU.
Last edited by Neruz on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marathon Game record
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by CSL »

In post 1413, sorgster wrote:Can we have a votecount please?

In post 1404, Neruz wrote:
No Picture Today

chkflip (
) -
edmund.angles, David Xanatos, Amrun, hezlucky, vezokpiraka
David Xanatos (
) -
mastin2, CSL, chkflip, Zdenek, sorgster
pappums rat ( 1 ) -
zMuffinMan
mastin2 ( 1 ) -
GreyICE

8 votes to lynch

Deadline in (expired on 2011-09-14 08:00:00)

malpascp has been prodded. If he doesn't respond or pick it up i'll see about replacing him.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by sorgster »

Whoops I missed that. Take out David now. Hurry up.
Marathon Game record
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Much as I think Sorgster's scum with Chk for that comment, I'm inclined to agree simply for the fact it will A: Point down squarely at Chkflip tomorrow and B: Take one game off my plate.

Come at me.
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@edmund,

edmund wrote:Pappums voted hiplop before TF seemed in real danger of getting lynched.

That's actually the point.

Humour me for a bit...

You're pappums and you're scum, do you:

(a) wait for the wagon on your scum buddy to pick up more speed before getting on a counter-wagon and pushing for a mislynch, or

(b) get on a counter-wagon early and push it hard for the rest of the day, saying that you realise your buddy is scummy but that the wagon you're on is the best lynch?

hint: the answer is (b)

edmund wrote:He was voting hiplop, the largest of the wagons he liked, why should town-pappums change his vote to TF?

Well, no.

Up until around #750, hiplop's wagon was about the same as Toon Fighter's wagon, and for a fair amount of time, if Pappums had changed his vote, TF's wagon would have been larger than hiplop's wagon.

The bigger issue I have is that I think posts like #772 are crap and simply not genuine.

edmund wrote:PR could see hiplop's later actions as more important than his early game read. The meta-read seems a little contrived, though.

I understand what you mean. I think you're wrong. The meta read was bullshit. The flip-flop on hiplop was bullshit.
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by warriormode »

Fuck this. I can't hold myself back anymore.

Vote: GreyICE
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by chkflip »

Dude. Scum vote-thief? Seriously? You realize how super-boned town would be if that were a scum role? Considering the town flips we know, I highly doubt GreyICE is a scum vote thief unless town has a whole bunch of PRs that are doing damn good at hiding. Please pick one of the bigger wagons so your vote is more productive.

I'd ask the same thing of Muffin (or hell, GreyICE), but... yeah...
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

You can ask, but will I oblige? No.

I'll make you a deal, though. If you put your vote on scum, I'll sheep it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

So you're pretty much comfortable with your vote being worthless right? Awesome.

It's obviously either me or David today. A wagon
could
swing somewhere but this town is entirely too lazy and inactive for that to happen. David seems to think his lynch will incriminate me somehow, which I obviously don't follow but whatever. There's nothing I can do about that; however, what I can do is be vocal about votes moving to one of these wagons so a no-lynch doesn't occur.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1418, warriormode wrote:Fuck this. I can't hold myself back anymore.

Vote: GreyICE

This is what you offer at deadline?

I like chkflip's reaction to this.

VOTE: David
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@chk,

You're right. I am awesome.

Right now I'd say your vote is more useless than mine because you are voting for a townie and I am not.

Yes, my vote on scum has less support, but hey, dem's da breaks.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

btw {malpascp, Amrun, vezok, warriormode} <- any of these names are acceptable vig shots after we inevitably mislynch today.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”