Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

In post 696, Medicated Lain wrote:Wait I'm confused... Mist, you are quoting the post above you, #694, but the quote you are making doesn't show in that post.... what's up with that?

It was in his signature.

Umbrage's post was good until he said "which is why EK is scum."

I'm going to put my vote on LG for aforementioned reasons.

unvote
Vote: Lord Gurgi
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

^^ That post was meant to be #700, I didn't refresh. Vote remains as is, we've already wasted 2 whole days on Umbrage.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

The blackiest creature you ever could view Vote Count
Umbrage
(10) Porochaz, VP Baltar, Untrod Tripod, Medicated Lain, elvis_knits, DrippingGoofball, Amrun, Internet Stranger, Lurconis, scooby

Internet Stranger
(2) Lord Gurgi, vollkan
elvis_knits
(1) Umbrage
Mist Beauty
(1) imaginality
DrippingGoofball
(1) SpyreX
Lord Gurgi
(1) Mist Beauty

Not Voting: MrBuddyLee, Mysterio

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch or 9 to No Lynch

KITH fact: the Dr. Seuss Bible was the last sketch of the first KITH season. It was deemed too controversial for the US market so they had to add a different sketch for airing on HBO. That sketch was Arumba (last vote count) which was basically a nonsensical fuck-you of a sketch

Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Personally still happy with the umbrage vote. He seems completely unwilling to help the town, so I think we need to find out more about this before moving on.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Umbrage »

ISOing IS, be back soon.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I find SpyreX's obsession and paranoia over DGB very disturbing.

I find vollkan's attack on IS full of OMGUS.

I want a few more votes on Umbrage to be sure we can't kill him before we try to lynch somebody else.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Can we please get umbrage up to L+2 or in that neighborhood so we can actually test what he is claiming? This really should not take this many days.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

vote yourself umbrage
YOUR AD HERE

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yeah, I would like to see an overlynch on Umbrage because you never know. Maybe he's SK or GF and instead of NK immunity he has to be overlynched. There's no harm in trying.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Umbrage »

Forget it. I have fucking proven scum in EK, and the best she can do is argue that I should be lynched just to see if it's possible. NO.

You lot keep saying I should do something for the town, well, maybe if one of you would come up with an original thought and stop this bullshit, I'd be able to contribute something to the discussion. You think I like this fuckery? You think I enjoy watching town fuck up so hard? You think I'm doing this to be the centre of attention? Every one of my actions thus far have been to get the town focused on finding scum, and I keep getting drowned out by the same shitposters.

Once this game is over, I fucking own you all. Got it? Once I am proved right in the end, as I have been in... let me see... I believe 2 other games now? Oh no, 3, I forgot about Charlie the Unicorn... anyway, yeah, I fucking own you. I deserve a Scummy for Most Patient Saint. Of course that'll never happen since I don't play popularity contests.

Fuck it, I don't need to say anymore, I have fucking confirmed scum. So when your strategy of MOAR VOTES DERP fails to shut me up, play to your wincons and vote EK.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

you forgot to vote yourself in that post. much obliged.
YOUR AD HERE

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

stop pretending that you're some kind of Cassandra

you're acting like a raving dickhole, so no one wants to listen to you. If e_k turns out to be scum no one is going to say "oh man, we should have listened to Umbrage". You have so far failed to make any convincing or logical arguments about why she is "proven scum".

Again, if you want people on your side, you need to stop doing what you're doing.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 759, Umbrage wrote:Forget it. I have fucking proven scum in EK, and the best she can do is argue that I should be lynched just to see if it's possible. NO.

Where did I say that the reason I want to lynch you is to see if it's possible?

That's not the reason.

It's because your cases are such shit and you're an asshole.
Talk nerdy to me.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Porochaz »

Yeah if Im wrong in this game, which is possible, Ive been wrong before, then in no way do I feel you helped at all during the game. Your attitude is one of the worst I've seen in a game and you certainly have impeded town if you are.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Mist Beauty »

unvote
Vote: Umbrage
unvote
Vote: Lord Gurgi

If he's that princess role that requires +1 vote to lynch, he should be lynched.

In post 755, elvis_knits wrote:I want a few more votes on Umbrage to be sure we can't kill him before we try to lynch somebody else.

How many more? And all I've seen are you guys just railing on Umbrage who isn't the world's most likeable guy. If we can decide on something concrete (# of votes before we do something useful) then fine, I'll put my vote back on him, but it seems to me like you want him policy-vigged even if he gets 14+votes and survives. I agree that he is a huge pain, and I don't see why EK is obvscum, but if you're both pro-town this is an incredible waste of time. I've heard of roles where people need less votes to be lynched, but rarely for people to be able to survive a lynch. Is this sort of role unheard of?

I could really go for a vollkan or UT lynch at this point. I mean, if this really is a clusterfuck of town-town fighting, scum are sitting there laughing, so we should wagon somebody who is quietly fueling the fire (vollkan, LG) or somebody who has done noooooooooothing (UT)

EK's words.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Porochaz »

You aren't helping Mist, please vote and stick on Umbrage. Your vote on Gurgi will only, ONLY be of interest if we make sure Umbrage isn't lynchable first.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 764, Mist Beauty wrote:
How many more? And all I've seen are you guys just railing on Umbrage who isn't the world's most likeable guy. If we can decide on something concrete (# of votes before we do something useful) then fine, I'll put my vote back on him, but it seems to me like you want him policy-vigged even if he gets 14+votes and survives. I agree that he is a huge pain, and I don't see why EK is obvscum, but if you're both pro-town this is an incredible waste of time. I've heard of roles where people need less votes to be lynched, but rarely for people to be able to survive a lynch. Is this sort of role unheard of?
it literally would not take any work for you to just park your vote on Umbrage for a little while so we can sort this out. the LG thing isn't going to happen right now, so all you're really doing is wasting our time while soft-pushing a lynch and not really saying anything

ninjaedit

goddammit poro said it first
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Umbrage »

In post 760, VP Baltar wrote:you forgot to vote yourself in that post. much obliged.

Bullshit.
In post 761, Untrod Tripod wrote:stop pretending that you're some kind of Cassandra

you're acting like a raving dickhole, so no one wants to listen to you. If e_k turns out to be scum no one is going to say "oh man, we should have listened to Umbrage". You have so far failed to make any convincing or logical arguments about why she is "proven scum".

Again, if you want people on your side, you need to stop doing what you're doing.

Bullshit.
In post 762, elvis_knits wrote:
In post 759, Umbrage wrote:Forget it. I have fucking proven scum in EK, and the best she can do is argue that I should be lynched just to see if it's possible. NO.

Where did I say that the reason I want to lynch you is to see if it's possible?

That's not the reason.

It's because your cases are such shit and you're an asshole.

Bullshit.
In post 763, Porochaz wrote:Yeah if Im wrong in this game, which is possible, Ive been wrong before, then in no way do I feel you helped at all during the game. Your attitude is one of the worst I've seen in a game and you certainly have impeded town if you are.

Bullshit.
In post 765, Porochaz wrote:You aren't helping Mist, please vote and stick on Umbrage. Your vote on Gurgi will only, ONLY be of interest if we make sure Umbrage isn't lynchable first.

Bullshit.
In post 766, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 764, Mist Beauty wrote:
it literally would not take any work for you to just park your vote on Umbrage for a little while so we can sort this out. the LG thing isn't going to happen right now, so all you're really doing is wasting our time while soft-pushing a lynch and not really saying anything

ninjaedit

goddammit poro said it first

Bullshit.

Nothing useful or new in any of these posts.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I'm starting to think that Umbrage is a lynch+x jester and is trying to get us to lynch him

because there is no possible town motivation for you to be like this
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Maybe he's an unlychable jester and that's why he says it's a bastard game.
Talk nerdy to me.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Unvote, Vote: Umbrage

Lets get this done with so we can move ahead. If that requires freaking everyone to do this so it can be done FINE.

That said:

@Umbrage:

Deep breath. Look at whats been happening and think about the ek/DGB business holistically. In all four scenarios considering DGB wasn't going up the rope for real at that point ek-scum throwing everything in defense makes absolutely no sense.

This acidic play you've went into isn't helping matters. Reign it in.

As for DGB, once again:

How do you balance an unlynchable townie in Lylo? Erm. You can't. That so reeks of SK/Survivor.

Without delving into madness with how all of today as went, look at this.

Now, lets think back to the sum number of games played here. How many of those have had, if not actually unlynchable definitely
practically
unlynchable townies?

I could probably think of a dozen methods in which that happens. Off the top of my head. Compared to the number of unlynchable third party/scum? Wooo

This particular throw is ridiculously scummy.

This is from scum.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I personally don't recall playing a game where there was an un-lynchable player (I am getting old, maybe I forget). BUT. I have a vague recollection of a player that needed to be lynched TWICE, but I forget what alignment that role was.

Were I to design a game with say, a one-shot lynch survival, I'd give that role to an SK or Survivor, not a townie.

SpyreX you on the other hand speak as if you have vast amounts of experience with this, but you're coy on the details on how such a role would work or be balanced. Personally, I can't make heads or tails of your post here, preceding mine.

"I could probably think of a dozen methods in which that happens. Off the top of my head. Compared to the number of unlynchable third party/scum? Wooo"

What in the moonbeams are you saying? Please show your calculations for the
Wooo
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 768, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm starting to think that Umbrage is a lynch+x jester and is trying to get us to lynch him

because there is no possible town motivation for you to be like this

It also makes the game extraordinarily unpleasant. I was hoping to have fun in this game, instead, it's giving me
a pain in my head that makes it hard for me to live
(that's a KITH quote, hey!).

Can we try to keep the unicorns and rainbows and senses of humor? Even when we address players we think are scum, or are disagreeing with us?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Part of this is, like I said, I'm talking practical unlynchability versus the "role" of being unlynchable as well - because, your argument was an unlynchable role at lylo doesn't work for town - which would be only one scenario where there could be actual gripes: if someone who was town and unlynchable managed to hide this until lylo (otherwise he'd just get killed).

Which, if we really have to go through the motions of the number of practical unlynchables we see as town at lylo well we will but I'd be rather wroth.

Compare that to scum unlynchables - maaybe a governor but, again, the chances of seeing a full scum governor with no caveats is small (and rediculously unbalanced). Third party is a little easier to stomach but even then its hard to swallow. Balance issues there are mitigated.

If this is a one-shot that doesn't end the day (and the latter is pretty much apparent) then suuree we can argue that part of it but thats not what you were saying. You went unlynchable = not town. And that's the scum part.

It also makes the game extraordinarily unpleasant. I was hoping to have fun in this game, instead, it's giving me a pain in my head that makes it hard for me to live (that's a KITH quote, hey!).

Can we try to keep the unicorns and rainbows and senses of humor? Even when we address players we think are scum, or are disagreeing with us?

Regardless of anything else I'm in complete agreement with this.

You know I've got nothin but <3 for you right DGB? I'm talkin IRL AND META OHHHH
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star