Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Wasabi »

Ugh, trapped in the basement with a bunch of creeps, eh? Well, I figure anyone who's still using leet-speak in 2011 probably would be the type to eat those paint chips off the walls. That's the sort of guy we can do without. VOTE: 4nxi3ty
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Wasabi »

At least I'm not tasteless ;)
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 16, Fenix wrote:I have a
one-shot day-vig
that I may or may nor use before the end of the day.

Discuss.

Ok, I'll bite. How does it benefit the town (lab rats?) to reveal this information right now?
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Wasabi »

4nxi3ty is probably suggesting I be assassinated as an OMGUS reaction to my proposal that he may be a detriment to our cause. I'm not sure why he'd wish to go straight to such a... well, permanent resolution to our differences. I'm pretty sure he never finished reading
How To Win Friends And Influence People.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 36, 4nxi3ty wrote:you really like to take stabs at people?

It's nothing personal, really. Why, is it getting to you?
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 39, 4nxi3ty wrote:i know its not personal on your end, but you need to be careful cause there are people out there who will take it badly.

Aside from that, do you have anything to add to this game?

Meh, it's day 1, I don't have any history with any of the other players, much less a clue as to how many or what variety of bad guys are out there to catch. I've seen two weird things that bear investigation - the minor dogpile on Internet Stranger, and the claim of a vigkill. The IS debate seemed to have taken off without me, so I went the other direction.

Generally, I seem to be a lot better at working up the technical aspects of a game (vote count analysis, etc) than I am at catching the subtle social nuances that come with considerable experience. I'll warn now that I'll be most useful in a few days.

Beyond that, I'm happy to answer questions, and might fire out a few of my own...
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Wasabi »

Ok, looks to me like things are starting to shape into serious discussion, so I'll go ahead and UNVOTE: 4nxi3ty, then come back after a re-read of what we've got so far.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Wasabi »

I'm gonna go ahead and plunk down a VOTE: Garuru. Sure, it's OMGUS, but he's awful quiet, too.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 73, 4nxi3ty wrote:@wasabi, i don't really understand the omgus line. care to explain?

OMGUS. It's a retaliatory vote for calling me disgusting. And then voting for me.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Wasabi »

Strange start to a game. I'm not going to repeat all the questions again, but I'll say I'm hoping to hear the same answers.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:15 am

Post by Wasabi »

Oops, just got prodded. Looks like things are picking up a bit again, so I'll read through and be back later today.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Wasabi »

I'm in agreement that the 'Why am I scum' question sets off the warning bells. I believe a VOTE: [L] will bring it to L-2, yes?
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Wasabi »

@ chkflip: in the interest of improving my scumhunting, can you tell me more about why you place so much importance on day 1? I'm guessing it's something like walking the line of getting several candidates "close" to a lynch, and seeing who appears overeager? Most of the games I've played off-site have been pretty much throwaway votes on day 1, then go back and analyze after the fact. I mentioned in a previous post that I expect to bring the most value once I've got a day or two's voting history to crunch.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Post by Wasabi »

In post 168, Fenix wrote:I think we just landed ourselves a little scumpair. 4nxi3ty has the distinction of (fake?)claiming jester, having a
heavily
fluffed up ISO, and asking a multitude of useless/confusing questions.

...Says one of the top-suspected players in the game. I've got my eye on [L], Anxiety, and you, and if we were forced to end it now, I'd be ok with a lynch of any of the three of you. Frankly, this attempt to link Anxiety to me makes me view you as more scummy. Yes, I know I took some pot shots at him early on due to his l33t-sp34k handle, but it was nothing more than RVS fun.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:33 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 173, Maxous wrote:
In post 170, Wasabi wrote:
...Says one of the top-suspected players in the game. I've got my eye on [L], Anxiety, and you, and if we were forced to end it now, I'd be ok with a lynch of any of the three of you.

Lucky for you they're the 3 most already suspected people here eh?

BTW - how many scum are in a 11 person game?

Luck doesn't enter into it. They're suspect of their own doing. I'm objecting to being lumped in with Anxiety on the basis of a shared vote on day 1, and my day-1 RVS banter.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 176, Fenix wrote:
In post 170, Wasabi wrote:Frankly, this attempt to link Anxiety to me makes me view you as more scummy. Yes, I know I took some pot shots at him early on due to his l33t-sp34k handle, but it was nothing more than RVS fun.

You're both scummy in your own right, I never once said you were scum
because
Anxiety is scum. So there is no lumping with Anxiety. But ironically enough you just manufactured a connection that wasn't there before by being paranoid. So thank you for making my life easier.

Well, I can see we're going to spend this game sniping at one another, at this rate. At least we agree on Anxiety - if we're right, and he's scum, maybe we can bury the hatchet?

UNVOTE: [L]

I wrote this post expecting to vote Anxiety. But, that should be L-1 by my math. I'm not thrilled to place a vote that puts him at such a hammer risk this early.

@ 4nxi3ty: Consider this post a vote in all but deed. I think we need some deep insights into what you've been thinking.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 183, chkflip wrote:11p game? I'd take the bold risk of saying 1:4 applies here, making it three scum. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it were a two-person mafia and a serial killer.

Wasabi, I'm really happy for you wanting to talk theory, and I'm gonna let you finish asking me to fluff up this thread, but the mafia discussion board would be the best place for an answer like that of all time. OF ALL TIME. That and I'm garbage at trying to explain theory.

Stranger, can you elaborate further on [L]? Do you disagree that the wagon was scum-driven? If not scum-driven, then scum-supported?

chkflip, thanks for the LOL. You're my internet hero of the day.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 188, Maxous wrote:
In post 178, Wasabi wrote:
Well, I can see we're going to spend this game sniping at one another, at this rate. At least we agree on Anxiety - if we're right, and he's scum, maybe we can bury the hatchet?

Okay, so you think Fenix is scum. You think due to the post where he attempted to tie yourself and anxiety together, that he is
even more likely
to be scum.
Sooo, you are willing to give up this strong scum-read of yours in exchange for Fenix dropping his scum-read on you - provided anxiety flips scum.
Have I understand that correctly? Why does anxiety scum = fenix town?

That's actually an excellent point. I'm willing to forego immediate hostilities while there remains what appears to be a relatively broad pool of scum to hunt. Fair enough? I'm operating blind here, and for all the big talk about scumtells, etc, it's some pretty subtle stuff we have to work with.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:07 am

Post by Wasabi »

It would seem that I tend to do that. Somehow, in my limited time here, I'm coming across scummy in my early posts more often than not. I suppose it comes from being more concerned with the hunt than how my own posts appear, and I'm not exercising enough caution to prevent my fellow townies from suspecting me. Sucks, because I know it means I'm detrimental in the early game until I can get some solid reads from the data we get after the first night.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Wasabi »

Ok, Fenix. Speaking of deceitful... What we're talking about here is me coming in with an initial post, in the full enthusiasm of scumhunting. I stand by my assertion that in that instance, I was not writing with 'covering my back' in mind. When the topic of discussion changes explicitly to how scummy I may or may not be, OF COURSE I'm going to say I'm town. And it's going to be up to the rest of the players to decide whether they believe it. But failing to respond and hoping it will just go away seems just as disingenuous as you claim my self-defense has been. I suppose I'm to be expected to just roll over at every hint I might be scum, then?

Maybe you and I should just have a throwdown? I figured you could wait until later, but I can see you're not willing to let sleeping dogs lie. I know I'm town, but can't
prove
it yet, except by my death, or by getting you lynched and flipping you as scum.

So put your money where your mouth is, and vote for me, and if you're more rabid townie than opportunistic scum, then you'd best be prepared for your own lynch.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Wasabi »

VOTE: Fenix.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Wasabi »

Hm, we waiting on Empking, then?
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:01 am

Post by Wasabi »

Maxous does seem like a rather low-key choice for the nightkill. Interesting that he was eaten. I wonder if we've got a case of the Grues?
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Wasabi »

In post 257, Internet Stranger wrote:Wasabi is probably the off wagon-scum, btw.

Amusingly incorrect.

I'm going to agree that there's got to be at least one scum on [L] train. Anxiety's the easy bet, though I've got an off feeling about charter. Putting the kist to bed, so I'll need to justify that later on, or possibly in the A.M.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Wasabi »

I haven't had the opportunity to put together a VCA, but my gut impressions after going through the ISOs are that if we've got three scum, we'll find them among 4nxi3ty, Charter, and Internet Stranger, with Fenix as something of an outlier.

on that note, @chkflip: you indicated earlier that you were getting a newbtell read on Fenix for the messy fakeclaim. It's meta, but a search of his posts on the site showed that he claims to have at least 10 games under his belt using other accounts.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Wasabi »

I thought it was interesting how RiceBallTail was really gunning for Internet Stranger. I thought this might have been scummy... but after a closer look, though, I've come up empty-handed. RBT's now feeling confident that I.S. is town.

preEdit: Internet Stranger posted as I was composing this, so it might come across as a little OMGUS, but what can I do?

As for me, I still think that Internet Stranger feels somewhat scummy - I see a lot of subtle implications of other people's scumminess, but very few times where it's been backed with a vote. I don't have much experience with his playstyle yet though...

I'm pretty sure that we're not going to have both of the fakeclaimers be town, or both scum. I've left Nanook alone because he seems to agree - a lot of his suspicions on Day 1 were directed at both Fenix and Anxiety. I just happen to think that Anxiety responded (at least to my prodding) in a hostile enough fashion that he's ringing the scum-bells.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 268, Internet Stranger wrote:
In post 267, Wasabi wrote:
As for me, I still think that Internet Stranger feels somewhat scummy - I see a lot of subtle implications of other people's scumminess, but very few times where it's been backed with a vote. I don't have much experience with his playstyle yet though...

That is simple defamation on your part. You lie. Prove it.

Well, this is embarrassing.
I withdraw my accusation.
We're not supposed to discuss other games in progress, so I won't say more on it, but I was looking at my notes on you from Jedo's game, not this one.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Wasabi »

Further to that point - I had it utterly wrong for IS's ISO in this game - he's been entirely consistent with putting his votes where he claims his suspicions lie.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 271, chkflip wrote:And none of his posts read as scummy to you?

I just checked them again. Abrasive, yes. Scummy? No, not really.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Wasabi »

I'm going to go ahead and put down:

VOTE: 4nxi3ty.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:32 am

Post by Wasabi »

Well, I'll confess: I'm inclined to take out one (or possibly both) of the fakeclaimers. Though both say they did it to foster discussion, I don't really see how it really got the ball rolling on any *useful* discussion. Of the two, I'm really picking 4nxi3ty because he's not Fenix, who I feel is making a more genuine attempt at scumhunting (including his misguided suspicions of me).
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 304, charter wrote:
In post 299, Wasabi wrote:Well, I'll confess: I'm inclined to take out one (or possibly both) of the fakeclaimers. Though both say they did it to foster discussion, I don't really see how it really got the ball rolling on any *useful* discussion. Of the two, I'm really picking 4nxi3ty because he's not Fenix, who I feel is making a more genuine attempt at scumhunting (including his misguided suspicions of me).

Why are you just now inclined to vote them? It happened a while ago, but you haven't said anything about it until now.

Ha. Fenix. Let's lynch him.

Well, it's not like I've been posting much in the interim. Earlier on, I was waiting to see how the fakeclaim weirdness got resolved, and I just don't see how we can be comfortable with what came of it. Can't lynch them both, so I had to pick one...
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:26 am

Post by Wasabi »

^ Ok, that looks promising.
UNVOTE: 4nxi3ty

Throw caution to the wind, and...
VOTE: Fenix

I can't believe I'm throwing my lot in with charter...
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:28 am

Post by Wasabi »

EBWOP: Whoa, sorry, that made no sense. Hit post before I finished revising, so I'll try again.

UNVOTE: Fenix

VOTE: Internet Stranger
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:08 am

Post by Wasabi »

In post 324, charter wrote:
In post 322, Wasabi wrote:EBWOP: Whoa, sorry, that made no sense. Hit post before I finished revising, so I'll try again.

UNVOTE: Fenix

VOTE: Internet Stranger

This is a total contradiction from the post right before it, how were those two posts supposed to go together?

I had my post open in one tab, while I read the thread in another. I'd been prepared to move my vote to Fenix after his post #312 (likely bussing Internet Stranger)... later, I found 4nxi3ty's post #320 to be town-ish, and I realized that between charter, Anxiety, and myself, we all had a probably scum-read on Internet Stranger. Feel free to throw in a hearty helping of OMGUS, as I.S. has been calling me scum for a while now...
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #35) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Wasabi »

OK, GDI. Haven't had the time to play even a remotely decent game. But at L-1 I'm roleclaiming. I'm a town gunsmith, and I targeted RiceBallTail, who is unarmed. As I understand it, that's a confirmed townie.

My days are now numbered, but at least I contributed something.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #36) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Wasabi »

Well, think what you like, but unless you suspect me of being extra-crafty, consider that I breadcrumbed my RBT findings here:
In post 267, Wasabi wrote:I thought it was interesting how RiceBallTail was really gunning for Internet Stranger. I thought this might have been scummy... but after a closer look, though, I've come up empty-handed.

And this was well before I was under any suspicion. I'm legit, and continuing to push a lynch on me is anti-town. At the very least, make the scum use a night-kill to take me out.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Wasabi »

In post 370, el simo wrote:
In post 353, Empking wrote:Vote Count 2.5

1. el simo
2. charter
4. Wasabi (4) - Internet Stranger, 4nxi3ty, Chkflip, Riceballtail
5. Chkflip
7. Riceballtail (1) - Fenix
8. Fenix
9. 4nxi3ty (1) - NanookTheWolf
10. NanookTheWolf (1) - el simo
11. Internet Stranger (2) - Wasabi, charter

Not Voting:

Five to lynch.

Um, I voted Wasabi. We reached a lynch before he claimed.

I should probably wait for a ruling by Empking, but I can't resist: You'll likely wish you hadn't said anything, el simo.

Empking: I posted my claim in good faith, believing I was at L-1. Up to you, of course, on how you want to handle it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”