The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by mockingjaye »

Feysal: I refer you to Battle of Olympus (Large Theme) game where the third-party serial-killer (who was in truth a
totally justified
Vigilante
) had a marvelous time roleplaying, and where an Egyptian scum did a bang-up job roleplaying as his Greek counterpart as well. Therefore, I think someone's roleplaying enjoyment level is a null tell in regards to alignment.

Also, I don't like the p***ing contest over flavor.

Regarding Espeonage, I don't like the early Furc vote in a post where he talks about several other people and not Furc himself; he also doesn't mention Furc in preceding or subsequent posts. He then votes Gandalf instead despite claiming that he didn't think Gandalf was scum a few posts before that; the only reason for the change was that Furc was "entertaining" and "could be the day two lynch" instead. He then sets about justifying Kanye's vote on Gandalf but not his own.

Kanye has still not responded to my question from Saturday.
mjaye wrote:Kanye: I asked you a question. You can't have missed my post--it was the really big one mostly dedicated to you on page fifteen, so please respond.
mjaye wrote:Also, what is the status of [7]? Any of "those people jumping onto wagons off of that wagon" give you any scum vibes, or are they really all off the wagon? And who are they again?
And by [7], I am referring to my analysis of one of your earlier posts. Feel free to address anything else I said, too.
The game has progressed quite a bit since I first asked you this, but I still want to know the answer.

Spy: Do you think KKB is town just because he wants Gandalf and Andy to be lynched? I'm confused as to what happened between this:
SpyreX wrote:katsuki has many scumpoints, and I would be probably be down with a kats wagon.

I saw MoI make a constructive post, katsuki try to dismiss it with a pointless oneliner, then MoI unfortunately stopped posting seriously and came down to katsuki's level, and they weren't getting anywhere after that. MoI, don't dignify 366 with a response. Terrible scum tactic: trying to derail the thread with insults and hope kanye slips under the radar.

and this:
SpyreX wrote:These wagons do not make me happy at all. At all.
What am I missing, because you seemed to be suggesting earlier there was a connection between Kats and Kanye. What do you think of Kanye not responding at all to the question I posed to him on Saturday, even though he posted several times after I did?

I'm still happy with my vote, and Espeonage is the first person to grace my list of Potential Kanye Buddies, so grats on that. Emp and Feysal are idling with an FoS right now.
may the odds be ever in your favor...
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 550, mockingjaye wrote:The game has progressed quite a bit since I first asked you this, but I still want to know the answer

if i had a strong scum read my vote would be on that person instead of gandalf.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Furcolow »

You're welcome, mockinjaye, if you're thanking me for the Espeonage case~
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:03 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 551, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
In post 550, mockingjaye wrote:The game has progressed quite a bit since I first asked you this, but I still want to know the answer

if i had a strong scum read my vote would be on that person instead of gandalf.

So, you want gandalf dead despite not being explicitly anti-town? Despite the flavor making it a possibility that he is a powerful town-aligned player?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote, Vote: Sun
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:07 am

Post by mockingjaye »

Kanye wrote:1) i stand by lynching claimed third party.2) its possible there is scum on the gandalf wagon because it is the "town thing to do" but 3) i think it is more likely that scum are on the sidelines 4) waiting to try and lynch someone off of the gandalf wagon. 5) claimed third party can be saved for a nonscum lynch down the road, and 6) if they can convert an early push on the third party into a town lynch, all the better. 7) im still into a gandalf lynch, but ill take a look and see if any of these people jumping onto wagons off of that wagon look scum to me.

Kanye wrote:if i had a strong scum read my vote would be on that person instead of gandalf.
You wanted to lynch Gandalf because he was claimed third-party, not because you thought he was scum. After a full week and 23 pages, out of the entire cast of players here, he's the only person you have a scum read on? Really? My vote stands.

Furc: I just reread your ISO; I think the first time I read your comments about Esp they just didn't register because they were blanketed in your argument about Gandalf and flavor, and you were flipping out about people voting for you, too, so I probably dismissed your comments as part of that freakout. I've been rereading various ISOs trying to make sense of the game and his stood out for the reasons I posted. But, yes, I see you've already made all those points, so belated credit to you.
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:13 am

Post by mockingjaye »

*EBWODP: Added material in parentheses/changed a word:
mjaye wrote:You wanted to lynch Gandalf because he was claimed third-party, not because you thought he was scum. After a full week and 23 pages, out of the entire cast of players here, he (as claimed third party) is the only person you have a
scum
strong read on? Really? My vote stands.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:35 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Feysal is still for the rope. His continues to focus completely on Flavor-penis waving with Furc as opposed to actually giving reads (hint … it’s fluff).

--

Empking wrote:Yes you shouldn't trust a one-off observation unconditionally as if it was the secret of the universe. I'll freely admit that that's what I'm saying.

Nice straw-man Empking. First off I’m not ‘trusting it unconditionally” as you put. It’s not like I’m pulling a Fate and screaming like a moron about how you are 1000% confirmed scum. I’ve simply generated a scum read and posted it for Town’s benefit. Secondly it’s not a ‘one-off’ as you incorrectly suggested … I’m basing this read on three separate observations of your play.

--

Espeonage wrote:Do you ever read me as town?

Oh look … the fail Kats / Fate “Why suck and never read me right” defense. I’ll have to hunt through my games where you were also a player to see. I know they aren’t many since you have spent a lot of time flaking recently.

But humor me … are you asserting that you are demonstrating traits that you showed in WRH's Mini game? Put it on the record!

--

Spyrex wrote:WoW was turbo Gan defense and on the Kayne wagon.

Um, so? I have attacked strongly the Gand wagon also and don’t have a Town read at all on KKB. I’ll certainly vote KKB on uselessness and the Gandalf wagon as needed. Yet you have a Town read on me apparently. I'm confused ...

Spyrex wrote:Aside from that I've got very strong feelings about KKB, Furc and you. I've got decent feelings about Kat, Empking and PV. Elli is a gut read.

Everyone else? In the dross.

Meh. I don’t have any reason to see Kats or KKB as Town. Sorry, I have only so much room in my heart for players who specifically play useless when possibly Town and that space is currently occupied by my Ellie-Town read and a small bit of MoS maybe Town.

At least you agree that there is a whole bunch of Meh in this game then. I’ll not bother you while you brush your hair, at least for the moment.

--

Gut wrote:She stopped playing across the board. It's abundantly clear that she didn't replace out due to pressure in that game.

No, she didn’t, despite what her sig once said. A quick look at her threads would show this.

I remember why I dislike CES now ….

--

S&M wrote:I am so sorry about this game. I'm going to fix it soon.

There has been a bit of miscommunication about who is going to be doing the posting... *sigh*

I see lots of shitwalls, though, and that makes me sad.

-Amrun

S&M wrote:VOTE: Kanye

Done.

@MOD – Please make me a multi-shot Vig. Thank you!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Empking »

In post 557, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Nice straw-man Empking. First off I%u2019m not %u2018trusting it unconditionally%u201D as you put.

You're attacking me for (the most part) suggesting that your one game might not be the most representitive of my play. That suggests trusting it almost religiously let alone unconditionally.

It%u2019s not like I%u2019m pulling a Fate and screaming like a moron about how you are 1000% confirmed scum. I%u2019ve simply generated a scum read and posted it for Town%u2019s benefit. Secondly it%u2019s not a %u2018one-off%u2019 as you incorrectly suggested %u2026 I%u2019m basing this read on three separate observations of your play.

But only one observation of my town play and (as I'm sure you're aware) you can't judge someone being scum just because they're playing in a similar fashion as they did in a scumgame.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:03 am

Post by Wraith »

I can still support a Feysal lynch, but I don't think Empking is scum. He's lurky and unhelpful, but not scum.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:07 am

Post by Empking »

Wraith: Explain "lurky".
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:20 am

Post by Gut »

In post 557, MagnaofIllusion wrote:No, she didn't, despite what her sig once said. A quick look at her threads would show this.

I'm well aware that she's playing in a game currently. That doesn't change the fact that she did stop even if briefly (and playing in a single game is still distinctly less than her normal activity; there's really no reason why her current level of activity would be incompatible with my claim).

I remember why I dislike CES now ….

Is it because I don't explain and call you out when you're being dense (e.g. "Hur hur, VitaminR is lying about which games of mine he read.")?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 560, Empking wrote:Wraith: Explain "lurky".

None of your posts have more than two lines of text from you. Perhaps "lurky" is the wrong word. "Fluffy" might be better.
Show

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Empking »

In post 562, Wraith wrote:

None of your posts have more than two lines of text from you. Perhaps "lurky" is the wrong word. "Fluffy" might be better.

Wraith: Define "fluffy".
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 563, Empking wrote:
In post 562, Wraith wrote:

Wraith: Define "fluffy".

Popping in to make one-liners every few posts.
Show

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:17 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

feysal is pretty likely scum. He's generally much more useful as town. I think the pissing match is an attempt to cover the fact that when he's scum, he usually doesn't have much to say.

UNVOTE
VOTE: FEYSAL
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:23 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Empking wrote:But only one observation of my town play and (as I'm sure you're aware) you can't judge someone being scum just because they're playing in a similar fashion as they did in a scumgame.

Again, because you love to make statements that don’t necessarily apply –

1. Your posting this game does not resemble Jungle Republic Town Empking in several meaningful ways.
2. Your posting this game does resemble [REDACTED] and SOFAI Scum Empking in several meaningful ways.
3. Your ISO lacks any desernable scum-hunting and is loaded, as Wraith said, with excessive fluffy one-liners and ‘Why me’ posts.

These three elements together are sufficent for me to generate a Empking is scum read. All the nitpicking you are doing isn’t affecting any of these three elements.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Empking »

In post 566, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Empking wrote:But only one observation of my town play and (as I'm sure you're aware) you can't judge someone being scum just because they're playing in a similar fashion as they did in a scumgame.

Again, because you love to make statements that don’t necessarily apply –

1. Your posting this game does not resemble Jungle Republic Town Empking in several meaningful ways.
2. Your posting this game does resemble [REDACTED] and SOFAI Scum Empking in several meaningful ways.
3. Your ISO lacks any desernable scum-hunting and is loaded, as Wraith said, with excessive fluffy one-liners and ‘Why me’ posts.

These three elements together are sufficent for me to generate a Empking is scum read. All the nitpicking you are doing isn’t affecting any of these three elements.

I'm not questioning your scumread, firstly I was explaining to town why it should no necessarily be trusted and then just explaining why your successive statements have been wrong.

Also, what is a "why me" post?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:41 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

GOD WHY DOES EVERYONE IN THIS GAME CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THE SIZE OF THEIR PENIS

EMPKING/MOI

SHUT UP

FURC/FEYSAL

SHUT UP
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Wraith »

Willing to shift my vote to Feysal after a votecount.
Show

Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Gut »

Going with the lesser evil. This game is stagnating.

Unvote, vote: Kanye
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Um, why? He’s just come off a rather bad string of scum losses where he was killed fairly early. Getting significant heat Day 1 as scum, especially from little ol Me, is certainly something I could see causing scum him to throw up his hands in a tantrum.

mmmmmmmmmmmm
my judge of his character?
Yeah...that...
Feysal's flavorflavoronthewall sucks about as much as lurkage though.

read moreblahblah in blah
FLASH OF GREEN
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Espeonage »

Vote: Wraith
Don't @ me.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Furcolow »

will support espeonage/feysal/empking wagons
dislike kanye wagon, as i am feeling VI town, but if he wants to keep pushing on Gandalf, we can get rid of him, too
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Unvote.
Vote: Kayne

You really have to have more than that.

Re: Feysal & Flavor- some people really enjoy their flavor. I see that as no reason to begrudge them that. I'm sure the rest of his posts will be of the scumhunting sort.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”