elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I resent that IS calls me princess, when my title clearly states that I am a QUEEN.

Please address me as "Your Royal Highness" in all future communications, IS.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

In post 874, elvis_knits wrote:Still not seeing the answer to my questions, IS.

I believe that I did.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by vollkan »

In post 804, elvis_knits wrote:I've never seen vollkan make so little sense...

In post 789, vollkan wrote:
In post 788, Internet Stranger wrote:That's it Vollkan? I'm the eternal scum, the scum of all scum, the most vile man in all of the universe because you think I was role-fishing?!?

Quote for me please where I indicated anything of the sort.

How about two posts above where you said:

In post 787, vollkan wrote:
Vote: IS

And to address MBL's post from the end of yesterday:
MBL wrote:
@vollkan, is IS really your #1 suspect? If so, please make a more explicit, thorough case. If not, who's your top suspect and why?

Yes. Reason was the continued pushing of DGB for "hard evidence" after she'd already claimed role-related reasons.
It's effectivley just role-fishing
in scum-IS's standard Conspiratorial Cassandra rhetoric.

I think you miss my point...

As I've pointed out already, every time I have played with IS-scum (including one time when I was his scumpartner and we bussed on this basis) he has engaged in the sort of grand "There's a conspiracy against me" post you see in the first quote. The post he got 7 points for was scummy because it was role-fishing well beyond the point when questioning DGB had become reasonable. Coupled of course with the language issue (and, to a lesser extent, his arguments against me which I also find ridiculous), and I think he is scummy.

However, he instead presents it as if I am treating him as confirmed/obvscum for a petty reason. I'm sure you can see that there is a huge difference between finding somebody scummy and thinking that they are the Mafia equivalent of Hitler.

(and, honestly, I'm the
last
player for whom this should even be an issue - because I assign quantitative points to my suspicions. A score of 57 is the highest relatively-speaking, but, in an average game (ie. one without the playerbase here), that would probably be an average or below-average score)

IS wrote:
I voted for Umbrage, I explicitly expressed my distrust on him, but thats STILL not good enough for you ladies, is it? It doesnt matter, this pure confirmation bias. You want me out of here so BAD, so desperate to get rid of me that you know the only way to do it is by making up bullshit appeals to emotion and sprinkle a bunch of lies and innuendo on top.

It aint going to work, ladies!

Good point. Scum never vote their scumpartners, let alone express distrust of them! :roll:

MBL wrote:
@vollkan, why did IS get 7 points and Umbrage only 5 for rolefishing? Do you often give people 7 points instead of a nice round 5? Giving IS 7 instead of five appears to have given you a convenient reason to vote IS instead of Umbrage.

I can get you meta references saying the same thing, but basically I try to only give values of 5 (minor), 7 (moderate), and 10 (major).

I recognised this apparent contradiction at the time, and considered only giving IS 5, but the difference between the two was that Umbrage's post expressed uncertainty/suspicion ABOUT the role and therefore wanted to know everything about it. Whereas, IS's attack was simply overlooking the claim entirely and pushing for DGB to spill everything. In short, Umbrage seemed to have genuine suspicion about DGB's role that made it slightly less unreasonable to question it. The fact that IS adhered to what I understand to be his scum meta (though, I note that this has not been confirmed or denied yet) also bolstered it.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Porochaz »

V/LA for a couple of days.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Just because I held a bowl of poo up that high Vote Count
Internet Stranger
(4) vollkan, DrippingGoofball, Untrod Tripod, elvis_knits

vollkan
(4) Internet Stranger, Porochaz, scooby, Lurconis

Not Voting: VP Baltar, imaginality, SpyreX, Lord Gurgi, MrBuddyLee, evilpacman18, Medicated Lain, Mist Beauty

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch or 8 to No Lynch
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

Hmm.

I know that not everyone who voted for Umbrage knew he was guaranteed scum. I honestly felt that we weren't getting anywhere, but in retrospect I made a mistake. If he flipped town, we would have had next to nothing. But yeah, big mistake on my part. Also, mafiawiki is useless.

Umbrage seemed to be defending gurgi a little bit from pages 7-9, and ironically EK stepped in when Umbrage received two votes from poro and kison. He seemed to be controversial/rude on purpose, apologize, revert to the same set of actions, and it seems plausible that he was a planned sacrifice. EK would have to be amazing for this to work, but I skimmed Umbrages posts not in this game, and I haven't seen him ever blow up like this.

Spyrex/IS are bros4lyfe. And I'm finding vollkan to not be as scummy as before, lurconis gaining many more scumpoints.

Is there any reason everyone doesn't discuss night phase aside from kills? I didn't want to seem like an idiot yesterday, but I don't know if we have a vig/SK/additional mafia hitman doing that second kill, and I know a little about the flavor. I don't think that this bit will assist the mafia, which is it?
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

I am only commenting on IS/vollkan right now, and it's not a really huge contribution... but it's about what I can say right now.

IS isn't really acting that out of character from the last game that I saw him in. His still is to just stick with one person as a target at a time... and generally be an ass. I don't know Vollkan from other games, but I know there's no way I an agree with pretty much anything he's put forth in this game. My gut is telling me that Vollkan is likely scum, so I'm going that way.
vote:vollkan
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:22 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 880, Mist Beauty wrote:

...and it seems plausible that he was a planned sacrifice.

The scumteam member who is "unlynchable," a planned sacrifice???

In post 880, Mist Beauty wrote:EK would have to be amazing for this to work, but I skimmed Umbrages posts not in this game, and I haven't seen him ever blow up like this.

Urgh? What's that about elvis?

[quote=""Mist Beauty"]...and I know a little about the flavor. I don't think that this bit will assist the mafia, which is it?[/quote]

Speak now.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:25 am

In post 881, Medicated Lain wrote:I am only commenting on IS/vollkan right now, and it's not a really huge contribution... but it's about what I can say right now.

IS isn't really acting that out of character from the last game that I saw him in. His still is to just stick with one person as a target at a time... and generally be an ass. I don't know Vollkan from other games, but I know there's no way I an agree with pretty much anything he's put forth in this game. My gut is telling me that Vollkan is likely scum, so I'm going that way.
vote:vollkan

You should reconsider this vote.

IS is only going after townies. He's scum. Vollkan, on the other hand, is voting scum. He's town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

MBL wrote:approx 14 town/3p + 4scum

Can you explain this for me? what do you mean by approximately 14 town? 3p? 4scum?

IS, you need to cut out the misoginist shit. I know it's your schtick or whatever, but there's a point when even jokes go to far. You sound like a twat regardless of alignment. If you're town you're being a huge fucking distraction to actual scumhunting.

Re: DGB's case on IS - I'm torn. On the one hand, I do think IS wasn't all that forceful about wanting the umbrage lynch and he was pushing for vollkan WAAAY harder. Anybody with senses could see Umbrage was lying through his teeth about his role yesterday. Once his "unlynchable" role came out, it was pretty obvious he was scrambling to deflect his wagon with smoke and mirrors. Had IS not tempered his 'pile votes on Umbrage' with a 'lynch vollkan' I'd probably think he was much more townie. That being said, the last game I was in with IS (WWF Royal Rumble) saw him playing pretty shit tastic and defending scum as town as well, iirc. He also tunneled the shit out of OBV OBV OBV town DDD in that game simply because he was in a position of power (much akin to DGB and EK in this game yesterday). In terms of psychological motivation, I think IS has (or at least portrays through his forum personality) an inferiority complex when it comes to positions of power. He wants people to listen to only him and he gets pouty when that doesn't happen.

tl;dr - I'm going back and forth on IS being scum here because there is a ton of emotion from both sides and basically i've seen IS act in a similar manner as town in my last game with him.

IS wrote:Vollkan needs to be lynched. DBG and the minion can be dealt with after.

Yes or no, you think DGB and EK are scum? If you try to qualify this, I'm voting you. I want a yes or no answer.

Mist Beauty and Lurconis are definitely scums for the way they dealt with Umbrage yesterday, but I'll reserve my vote until I can hear back from IS.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:58 am

In post 883, DrippingGoofball wrote:

You should reconsider this vote.

IS is only going after townies. He's scum. Vollkan, on the other hand, is voting scum. He's town.

Wow, how do you ever lynch anyone with craptacular logic like this? This has to be one of those tongue-in-cheek jokes, right?
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:14 am

In post 884, VP Baltar wrote:
Yes or no, you think DGB and EK are scum? If you try to qualify this, I'm voting you. I want a yes or no answer.

No.

Whatever, im quantifying it anyways. Not at the moment. The ladies sound like they are misguided townies being led by emotions and a general disdain towards me. Maybe its because im not kissing their ass, who knows really how their mind works. If they are townies they are clearly playing against their wincon regardless. They are ignoring all points on Vollkan, no matter how hard I try to illustrate that point and yet they insist on coming after me instead. They are muddying the waters, they are causing the distraction, not me. I am quite certain Vollkan is scum. Even his latest response reeks of lazy scum that knows his lynch is inevitable. If it wasnt for the ladies tugging on my shit, he would be close to lynch by now.

That being said, no one is a 100% stone cold lock guaranteed townie until the mod flips them. I still dont trust the fucking egg and the staunch (there it is again, ladies) refusal to even say where the egg went today, especially if the egg doesnt do jack shit. I still dont trust how Elvis can blatantly be such a mindless minion. Hey, maybe thats what the egg does?

In the end, I care more about a Vollkan lynch today. Its a slam dunk and I fail to see how the BULLSHIT arguments against me (I am buddies with Umbrage?!? ME?!? seriously?!? Thats it?!?) are being held to any merit. If anyone is buddies with Umbrage, its Vollkan. But since the ladies want my blood instead, everyone wants to listen to them instead. Its sillyness at its finest. Swallow your pride, you know im right about this.

Vote for Vollkan.
Show

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:18 am

MOAR INNERNET STRANGER VOATZ, POR FAVOR

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

If you dont' think they are likely scum, why the fuck do we have to hear you rant about it for pages and pages on end?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Spyrex - you're starting to get that glassy, dead fish look in your eyes. what's going on?
YOUR AD HERE

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:32 am

In post 888, VP Baltar wrote:If you dont' think they are likely scum, why the fuck do we have to hear you rant about it for pages and pages on end?

If they actually had a good case on me, stop ignoring Vollkan and stop trying to put a halo on him, I wouldnt have to rant. Im essentially being trolled by DBG and her minion.
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:32 am

Sorry, I mean stop ignoring Vollkan's case.
Show

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

The only players who refuse to post reads are scum.

This is because scum want to limit the amount of information they give and limit potential ties to buddies.

Why won't IS give me reads?

Because he is scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:49 am

So if I give you all my reads on every single person in this game and totally derail any possible future secret scumhunting on my part, will you vote for Vollkan or first wait to see what DBG tells you to do?
Show

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:50 am

Vollkan is town.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 876, Internet Stranger wrote:

I believe that I did.

You did not.

You gave me excuses. You've said I am preventing you from scum hunting, so that's why you can't post reads. And you haven't come up with one good reason for why DGB should give you role information. All you have done is gone on and on about how unfairly attacked you are, while ignoring the actual arguments and failing to answer my legitimate questions.

You are trying to make me into a hysterical female and you are trying to make it seem like you are being voted out of a personal vendetta. That is not the truth. You are being voted because
1)you worked with Umbrage to rolefish DGB and vilify me
2)you won't post reads
3)you continue to rolefish despite having no good explanation for it
4)you are baiting me and trying to create a distraction from your scumminess
5)you're lying (You keep saying that I am protecting vollkan, when I keep telling you that I think he's scum too, just not you and Umbrage's buddy)
Talk nerdy to me.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 893, Internet Stranger wrote:So if I give you all my reads on every single person in this game and totally derail any possible future secret scumhunting on my part, will you vote for Vollkan or first wait to see what DBG tells you to do?

please do this. I would like to hear your reads and I'm not even EK or DGB.
YOUR AD HERE

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 893, Internet Stranger wrote:So if I give you all my reads on every single person in this game and totally derail any possible future secret scumhunting on my part, will you vote for Vollkan or first wait to see what DBG tells you to do?

Not sure what secret scumhunting is or how it's valuable.

If you give me reads I will discuss them with you. I can't promise I will vote Vollkan. I will do what I think is right; that is not dependent on DGB.
Talk nerdy to me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:02 am

In post 895, elvis_knits wrote:...vollkan, when I keep telling you that I think he's scum too, just not you and Umbrage's buddy)

Ah, yeah, that could be, maybe vollkan is the non-mafia killer.

I don't think we have a vig, IS or MistBeauty or even vollkan would be dead already.

I was thinking that Mysterio/evilpacman might be the lurkerscum member. Maybe that player slot is fleeing from embarrassment with the antics of Umbrage and IS.

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:04 am

In post 895, elvis_knits wrote:
In post 876, Internet Stranger wrote:

I believe that I did.

You did not.

You gave me excuses. You've said I am preventing you from scum hunting, so that's why you can't post reads. And you haven't come up with one good reason for why DGB should give you role information. All you have done is gone on and on about how unfairly attacked you are, while ignoring the actual arguments and failing to answer my legitimate questions.

You are trying to make me into a hysterical female and you are trying to make it seem like you are being voted out of a personal vendetta. That is not the truth. You are being voted because
1)you worked with Umbrage to rolefish DGB and vilify me
2)you won't post reads
3)you continue to rolefish despite having no good explanation for it
4)you are baiting me and trying to create a distraction from your scumminess
5)you're lying (You keep saying that I am protecting vollkan, when I keep telling you that I think he's scum too, just not you and Umbrage's buddy)

Im offering reads now, but you have made such a big deal out of them that I want assurances that youll finally act like your own person.

*I* started the whole issue with DBG FIRST. You started yapping away as soon as that started. Umbrage then globbed on to ME. We werent "working together", he jumped onto my coattails much the same way you yap away in favor of DBG. Once I heard what I wanted I moved on, he kept going. Im not responsible for him, you know. Its not like he was my puppy or my minion. When you paint the facts that way princess, I am justified in saying that this is in FACT a vendetta against me.

All I want to know is where the egg went today. Im not asking what it does, THAT I will figure out on my own. Why work so hard in keeping it secret today when it was fine to reveal the egg target yesterday. What are you ladies hiding?

I want Vollkan lynched. You and your master are babbling on about the egg and Umbrage and whatever else EXCEPT Vollkan. Whos the distraction here, princess?

If Vollkan is scum, why not even a sniff of a vote his way? Are my points on him not true?
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”