Open 334: Friends and Enemies in Icetown (Town Win)

Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Lurconis »

No problem and I checked the games you have on here and I do see that is normal for you so I stand corrected as well.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:52 am

Post by AntB »

I'm more convinced on the smear wagon
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
Princess Kiwi
Princess Kiwi
Goon
Princess Kiwi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Princess Kiwi »

I'll address this first: I've noticed (thanks to these last two posts), that AntB has yet to actually contribute anything to the thread. Hypocritical? Possibly, but at least I've attempted to be active, post content, and post my thoughts and why I think them. I have yet to see AntB post anything more than the bare minimum/ general consensus thoughts, or answer questions directly asked to him. Also, this is what is really strange to me...AntB has literally been voting for Smear since his RVS votes, and a few more things:

Post #63-
AntB wrote: A dayvig shot from me (at that point) would be aimed at Smear or Zach.

Without having previously mentioned anything about them before that post. The first time he's brought Zach up, and using the unvote for towncred reasoning.

Post #98 & 123 read to me as- my brain just farted, and I'm not bothering to read through these walls so I'll skim them and see what I can come up with. Then, Post #138 blatantly states unable to read walls (which, I can understand, but everyone else appears to have read the walls), and then mentions the following in this post: (referring to myself in 3rd person): Kiwi isn't as town as she initially appears (despite having only read five pages!),
Zach and Jason appear to be in league with each other (Scum or mason or RL
, I have yet to discern which!) ((Flat out Mason hunting?))...mentioning Paraffin and ThAdmiral as town reads, when he had previously defended Paraffin when he was wagonned in post #63. So that's twice giving Paraffin town reads of some sort, and all the while skipping around names: Kiwi, Jason, Zach, and not saying a thing about his Smear vote except for the possibility of 'towncred' with the unvote thing.

Post #156- no further contribution to the game other than 'I'm standing by my Smear vote.'

Post #183- I question his 'not as town as initially appeared' claim, and he said he went back and forced himself to read the walls...but didn't make any comment on it, only stated that there were a few nuggets of things that he might use later... i.e. if a wagon starts on me. Also, this quote comes from the same post #183:
You just hop on any available wagon and we'll get to you later...

Ironic? While you haven't jumped on any wagon, you've managed to successfully point your finger at 5 players by now without raising suspicion upon yourself. Also that tone is completely reversed in post #214 in regards to Malpascp.

Post #228- comes back with a 'I think they're just friends' after having been previously quoted for questioning a jason/zach league.

Later, in post #237 he responds to Lurconis' questions about why everyone thinks Smear is scum, with his reasons: "Bandwagonning and general attitude" as being his soul case, nothing in regards to his earlier reason of the vote/unvote thing, which had previously been his
entire
case on Smear...why would he do this? It seems at this point he's just coasting and using the general arguments of the town.

To me it seems as though AntB has been coasting the entire game, and has made no attempt to actually scum-hunt, and has only been active enough to answer questions. Also, his reasons have changed drastically for his vote on Smear, yet he has been voting for Smear all game...because lo' and behold, there's been a popular Smear wagon all game.

UNVOTE: Smear

VOTE: AntB

With all of that combined, I feel that the best choice for todays lynch is not in fact Smear but AntB. Not only for the actions listed above, but also for the 'my vote stays on Smear,' 'I'm more convinced on the Smear wagon' comments. That last comment he isn't even trying to scum-hunt, just maintain minimal amount of posts to stay in the game and minimal amount of content to avoid looking suspicious.

That is who I am currently suspicious of and why, and I'll post my defense possibly tomorrow night as it's late and I have work in the morning.
~Princess Kiwi~

In the immortal words of Workdawg-
"Holy fuck, this just happened?"
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:27 am

Post by AntB »

@PrincessKiwi
You're right, I've made minimal contribution, least I haven't made big fluffy walls and jumped wagon as soon as someone casts aspirations on me/mycase.

Lets address these points anyway :

#63 -> is page 3 I believe, I'm hardly going to have any solid reads at that time, am I?

#98 and 123 -> I have difficulty reading large blocks of text, do you have a problem with that? Why do you think my posts are always broken up and sectioned? I ended up reading them all by copying and pasting them into gEdit, which is set for a blue background and while text for me.

#138 - > Mason hunting or scum hunting? It qualifies as a null at best and at worse. Truth is I was saying what links I made at the time. Any fool can see that, the fact you've jumped on it now instead of then is very telling.

#183 -> Actually its for if I decide a case will be worth it, and they are pretty insignificant on their own. While I have pointed suspicion at 5 players, I believe the most was 3 at any one time. I'd be interested for an explanation of the irony. What you seems to be the opposite of irony and even possible misrepresentation.

#228 -> And? I stated earlier in #138 I thought there was something between them, at that point I believed (and still do) that it was because they are friends. That means I have overlooked the interaction prior to #138 and will not be using them as part of a case.

#237 -> All points which could of been had been, There was nothing additional for me to add to the case and
my
reasoning was asked for, not me using others reasons.

PrincessKiwi wrote:Also, his reasons have changed drastically for his vote on Smear, yet he has been voting for Smear all game...because lo' and behold, there's been a popular Smear wagon all game.

Really?
I voted for him during RVS and my vote has been there since because I've found him scummy throughout. I'd like to see all these instances of my reasoning drastically changing please.

---

I love how the case above me comes to light as a decent case against her comes along... Looks like attention shifting to me.
Show

G+
Smear
Smear
Goon
Smear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Smear »

In post 271, paraffin wrote:Go ahead, call me a hypocrite, but I'm not actively 'prododging'. Will post something for tomorrow. If I tried tonight I'd just prevent myself from getting any sleep.

I don't think you are, just trying to find out your reason.
I am Jonny Greenwood, lalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Smear
Smear
Goon
Smear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:58 am

Post by Smear »

Oh and sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was at practice.

My gut tells me to like the AntB wagon because he's felt like more of a nuisance than anything this game. However, the fact that he feels like a nuisance make me wonder if that's just his playstyle, rather than acting scummy. I'm going to have to reread when I get a chance before I can say concretely.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 280, Smear wrote:Oh and sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was at practice.

My gut tells me to like the AntB wagon because he's felt like more of a nuisance than anything this game.
However, the fact that he feels like a nuisance make me wonder if that's just his playstyle, rather than acting scummy. I'm going to have to reread when I get a chance before I can say concretely.

Translation, and for the benefit of those with flash photography (this is a Polaroid moment if ever) LOL... I want to vote... but people know I am jumping on every wagon, so I have to appear interested but not jumpy.

SCUM!

Also, you would vote on being a nuisance rather than evidence....

damn it, lynch this scumball already
Smear
Smear
Goon
Smear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Smear »

In post 281, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 280, Smear wrote:Oh and sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was at practice.

My gut tells me to like the AntB wagon because he's felt like more of a nuisance than anything this game.
However, the fact that he feels like a nuisance make me wonder if that's just his playstyle, rather than acting scummy. I'm going to have to reread when I get a chance before I can say concretely.

Translation, and for the benefit of those with flash photography (this is a Polaroid moment if ever) LOL... I want to vote... but people know I am jumping on every wagon, so I have to appear interested but not jumpy.

SCUM!

a. that wasn't my only reason for considering his scumminess
b. I did not vote, and I don't really have an intention to any time soon(unless he makes an obvious mistake), but that doesn't mean I can't wonder if he's scummy. There are far more scummy people about (malp) who require our attention now.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:29 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 282, Smear wrote:

SCUM!

b. I did not vote, and I don't really have an intention to any time soon(unless he makes an obvious mistake), but that doesn't mean I can't wonder if he's scummy. There are far more scummy people about (malp) who require our attention now.

Oh really? then what other reasons are there?

INFACT, LOOKING AT YOUR ISO... THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN THIS GAME YOU MENTION ANT
Right after a potential wagon/case is made on him.
THE VERY FIRST TIME!!!!

Your first mention, EVER says your gut tells you to like the case.

I submit, for towns approval, this is another, however concealed wagon jump by Smear. Setting himself up to jump on the wagon.

NOTE: HE HAD NOT MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT ANT UNTIL A VOTE/CASE WAS MADE... NOR HAS HE SUBMITTED ANYTHING TO BACK UP THE SCUMMYNESS BY ANT.

THIS IS ANOTHER CASE ON SMEAR WANTING TO GET ON A POPULAR WAGON

Translation: the very first time he mentions Ant, he says his gut tells him to jump on the wagon, just like he has jumped on every other wagon.
Smear
Smear
Goon
Smear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Smear »

In post 283, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 282, Smear wrote:

SCUM!

Oh really? then what other reasons are there?

INFACT, LOOKING AT YOUR ISO... THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN THIS GAME YOU MENTION ANT
Right after a potential wagon/case is made on him.
THE VERY FIRST TIME!!!!

Your first mention, EVER says your gut tells you to like the case.

I submit, for towns approval, this is another, however concealed wagon jump by Smear. Setting himself up to jump on the wagon.

NOTE: HE HAD NOT MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT ANT UNTIL A VOTE/CASE WAS MADE... NOR HAS HE SUBMITTED ANYTHING TO BACK UP THE SCUMMYNESS BY ANT.

THIS IS ANOTHER CASE ON SMEAR WANTING TO GET ON A POPULAR WAGON

Translation: the very first time he mentions Ant, he says his gut tells him to jump on the wagon, just like he has jumped on every other wagon.

Vote: jason OMGUS
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Lurconis »

VOTE: smear

Princess k is still scum but smear you just hit a level of scumness higher than that of your wagon.

L-1
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:39 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 284, Smear wrote:

So instead of answering the case on you, pointing out why Ant is scummy in your mind, or why you had never before mentioned him until he was questioned.

you do a worthless, OMGUS vote.

/Sigh.... Are you actually going to answer any of the points and questions asked of you?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:41 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 285, Lurconis wrote:VOTE: smear

Princess k is still scum but smear you just hit a level of scumness higher than that of your wagon.

L-1

I approve of this.

Smear, claim time! in your next post
Smear
Smear
Goon
Smear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Smear »

In post 286, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 284, Smear wrote:

So instead of answering the case on you, pointing out why Ant is scummy in your mind, or why you had never before mentioned him until he was questioned.

you do a worthless, OMGUS vote.

/Sigh.... Are you actually going to answer any of the points and questions asked of you?

I've spent this entire game answering questions.

Nobody listens to any actual views I have.

I am town, but I'd be better off gone because you guys will start focusing on real scum.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

So, what other reasons for his scumminess are there? you failed to mention.

Now, your claim.. its just town... no vanilla town? no other variation of town... just town? thats a little ambiguous. Im not buying it. your scum
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

basically, what I am asking is a full claim... just saying town, does not surfice.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:43 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 90, Smear wrote:

Zachrules is also pretty suspicious, possibly even more so than Malpascp. This is not only for the reasons Princess Kiwi mentioned but also because he posted in another thread today but not this one. It was a general discussion thread, though, so I don't know if that counts as lurking.

Vote: Zachrules

oh look another vote from Smear when someone is being talked about as possible scum by someone
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:51 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

V/LA for weekend, as usual. Will try and check in as often as possible
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:47 am

Post by IceGuy »

Vote Count

Smear (6): AntB, ThAdmiral, jasonT1981, lane0168, Maruchan, Lurconis

malpascp (2): malpascp, Zachrulez
AntB (1): Princess Kiwi
jasonT1981 (1): Smear

Not voting (3): Descent, Maxous, paraffin

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch or no lynch.

Deadline is September 23rd, 8 p.m. CEST.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Maxous »

Kay,
First of all - I have ignored PK's posts at this point. I will look at the posts later(particulary as Thad and Luc have brought up issues) but I have'nt yet.

Second -
Fos:Lane

- Princesskdw had one suspect in the game. Lucky coincidence it was on somebody that had a large wagon at the time.
- Pushing Smear as more suspicious due to sheer semantics. (because he used the word 'guess' while describing the suspicion on Malcasp)
Did'nt really like the vote on ceonn either. Easy option while replacing in, too easy.

Zachrulez is also on my suspect list for post 50.
Looks quite opportunistic to me. I'm sceptical he truly saw that as scummy.

Smear - claim please.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Smear claim, Kiwi, you lost all my respect when you jumped off of Smear. If he flips town, I am willing to call you scum for that jumpoff, and if he flips scum it is nondecisive.

@ANY scum not on this wagon: Hammering this wagon will bring you NO undue attention, and it would be in your best interest to do it, even though he is your scumbuddy.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
paraffin
paraffin
Goon
paraffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by paraffin »

I want to vote smear but there's something holding me back... He's acting terribly scummy but my gut says something's not right there. Smear, claim please.

The new guys: welcome, sorry I haven't really introduced myself. Tomorrow I will post for real, I swear!
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:20 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 295, Maruchan wrote:Smear claim,
Kiwi, you lost all my respect when you jumped off of Smear.
If he flips town, I am willing to call you scum for that jumpoff, and if he flips scum it is nondecisive.

I keep getting a bad feeling about your recent posts..
Or am I just over-reacting?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:42 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 271, paraffin wrote:Hey guys, very sorry for all my inactivity, it's been real busy and then I let this thread grow and the better of me. Too late to think at the moment but I will
UNVOTE: Malpascp
for now because I think there are surely better things to look at by now.

Go ahead, call me a hypocrite, but I'm not actively 'prododging'. Will post something for tomorrow. If I tried tonight I'd just prevent myself from getting any sleep.

In post 296, paraffin wrote:I want to vote smear but there's something holding me back... He's acting terribly scummy but my gut says something's not right there. Smear, claim please.

The new guys: welcome, sorry I haven't really introduced myself. Tomorrow I will post for real, I swear!

Not sure if overly worried about how he will be seen because he is scum, or just ridiculously cautious town.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:16 am

Post by AntB »

Maru is probs town, Loving the bright bold red text from jason and loving Smear's OMGUS even more.

@Smear
Nobody listens to you because all you've done is attempt to fly under the radar and wagon jump. (NOTE: *attempt*)
Show

G+

Return to “Completed Open Games”