Newbie 1151 ÔÇô Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Yes, Ranmaru. Goddammit. I'm like "any day now, Ranmaru will post vote:Stels.... any day now.... Ranmaru? RANMARU?" Had to make idle chatter in the mean time.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Krazy »

Unless Isa was a doc, setup only had a jailer this round, and he died without giving any useful indication of who he was targeting at night. Played pretty much like a mountainous, which I've always found generally frustrating. Did you guys have a role-cop and can we see the QT?
vote conspiracy
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

scum always has a rolecop in newbie setups. And yeah, I think the QT was rather void, but let me find it.

I wanted to replace in as town in this one. Sucks.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Oh, right, QT wasn't void, I just didn't read it. There's somehow 91 posts in it, though.

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/Ktb2FyqHiL4
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Krazy »

All in all some good performances this game among town, especially from Racerman and Isa (Johhog was only here for a short time but his posting was good while he was here), but it also had some pretty ridiculous distractions (Meransiel trolling with alts, Xeras throwing down pointless quickhammers) that made it hard to actually get into scumhunting based on the tells the game is supposed to be made out of. Ranmaru's early play was pretty good until he got distracted and went into hardlurk mode, which I knew was scummy but just for the wrong reasons (because things were going 'so well' rather than 'so bad'), and Muffin your vote on Isa I kinda thought might be a push to get Isa to vote Stels so you could quickhammer, I just had no idea why you would do that when Ranmaru could vote at any time for a game end. It didn't really matter because there was really no way I wasn't going to ride Stels out to the end there, since I knew by day 2 we had no cop.

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this game, although Uite did a great job moderating.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Krazy »

LOL, looking at the scum QT, Ranmaru was like the honorary scum-IC.
vote conspiracy
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

It
was
kind of to get Isa to put a vote on Stels, because Ranmaru was lurking hard, but it was also so that, in the event that perhaps I was lynched, it would mean killing Isa was a no-brainer and it'd go to LyLo with Ranmaru/Krazy/Stels and all things would point to me being a more likely partner for Stels.

Sort of like a "nothing to lose" deal by doing it.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

*heart stops*

it's over...
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 425, zMuffinMan wrote:Yes, Ranmaru. Goddammit. I'm like "any day now, Ranmaru will post vote:Stels.... any day now.... Ranmaru? RANMARU?" Had to make idle chatter in the mean time.

I know bro.

I was like

"Cmon Muffin man. I saw you post like 2 secs ago. Just vote stels now. I'm ready bro. *sees nothing* Ok man, I can tell telepathically that you don't want me to vote and screw this game up for us. Ok, I got ya. I won't vote. I'll drag it out instead"
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Also... I forgot to send in action last night... I'm so sorry everyone. I played badly late game. I'm so glad I won though. :3
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by Uite »

• Day 3 Final Votecount

[
    ]
    Stels
    ~
    Krazy
    Ranmaru
    zMuffinMan

Not voting:

Isa
    Stels

Stels
has been lynched; he was a
Vanilla Townie

A win condition has been reached!
Mafia Victory!

I'll post the official role reveal and night actions shortly.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Uite »

Roles:
  • Isa
    JonWJ007
    ~ Vanilla Townie
  • Johhog
    Jeffiej
    ~ Vanilla Townie
  • Krazy
    ~ Vanilla Townie
  • Lord
    ~ Vanilla Townie
  • racerman13
    ~ Town Jailkeeper
  • Ranmaru
    onion
    ~ Mafia Rolecop
  • Stels
    Off the Mark
    ~ Vanilla Townie
  • Xeras
    ~ Vanilla Townie
  • zMuffinMan
    Epsilon_Andrew
    ~ Mafia Goon

Night 1:
  • racerman13
    guards
    Krazy
    ; Success
  • Ranmaru
    inspects
    Krazy
    ; receives Vanille Townie
  • Epsilon_Andrew
    kills
    Johhog
    ; Succes

Night 2:
  • racerman13
    guards
    Stels
    ; Success
  • zMuffinMan
    kills
    racerman13
    ; Succes

For completeness, here's the Mafia QT again: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/Ktb2FyqHiL4

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by Johhog »

Ouch. On Day 3 I was sure it was Krazy when he did put his vote out that early. Seriously Krazy, wth? You're an IC.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Post by Krazy »

I knew there was no cop, and the only role that could be left alive would be a doc; the doc was not isa, so my suspicions would not change. I had a roleclaim from the person I voted; how much longer do you really need to wait? Ultimately only one VT can make a mistake in 5-way lylo and it doesn't really matter which one, and there was pretty much no way short of Stels being the doctor that my vote would have changed. Why let the doctor out himself, if he is in the game, when it's not going to change my vote?

Also, was there any talk in the dead QT?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by Krazy »

*not Stels, rather, in the first sentence there. ebwop.
vote conspiracy
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by Uite »

I never made a Graveyard QT, because I've found that in short games like these, they usually stay silent.

Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:46 am

Post by Isa »

THIS IS WHY YOU DO NOT VOTE EARLY IN LyLo. Also, I told you zMuffinMan was scum!

Good play by Ranmaru, stalling it though. zMuffinMan did a good job replacing in, but the vote on me was unnecessary.

Also, fun note. This was the fifth game I completed. So far, I have never been lynched or killed, I've always hung around until endgame.

Good game, everyone!
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:51 am

Post by Isa »

Lol, Ranmaru with dat homework for Epsilon.
Lär Känna En Isa

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:52 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I know it was unnecessary.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:00 am

Post by Isa »

Yeah, the game was practically over at that point, but it made you almost obv.scum in my eyes. Oh well.

Also, yay for Ranmaru calling me "fucking obv town" in QT!
Lär Känna En Isa

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:02 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I know it did.

But that didn't particularly bother me, because if you did end up, say, trying to push a lynch on me, I thought that would give more credence to my "Isa+Stels suspicion" in Krazy's eyes.

The game was well and truly over before I did anything. Regardless of whether I came across as obv-scum to you, unless you could convince Krazy that I was scum and Stels was not, town had lost.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Krazy »

There was no real chance of you ever convincing me that Isa was scum; unfortunately, after a few posts I'd be happy to point out, it was pretty much going to be impossible to convince me that Stels was town. I was pretty sure Ranmaru was scum with Stels actually, and although I could easily imagine Muffin as scum, that would have required Stels to be town, which I refused to believe.

In post 377, Stels wrote:As an IC, I don't think he would endanger town with such an early vote in LyLo, so I think that would make it plausible and undeniably true that Krazy is in fact scum.

After this post, my vote was never, ever going to move.
vote conspiracy
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Isa »

Honestly, part of what made me so hesitant to vote Stels was that if he was scum, there was no way that he'd be lynched. Ranmaru had him as a town read. zMuffinMan was scum and wouldn't bus. Stels wouldn't selfhammer. It was fruitless to vote him, and only involved a risk. I was extremely close to voting zMuffinMan, though. I had hopes for that lynch, but it'd require either Krazy to change his vote, or Stels to not vote Krazy at the end of the day. Both seemed implausible.
Lär Känna En Isa

Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:34 am

Post by Stels »

Well, Ranmaru did say that he was gonna be scum if he survived to D3 or so...
W/e.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Lol that was a joke. Sadly it became reality. ;-; Also why I was afraid of being obv town. So I just let Krazy live to make it seem like he was trying to frame me.

And yeah. I gave Epsilon homework. ;o

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”