PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

@Banshee, Izak- I'm not slwoing us down. I've not asked anyone to quit posting. I'm asking for a hold to the voting. Use FoSes or call it a TEMP VOTE, so intentions are clear before we do damage that can't be undone.

@Izak- I haven't accused you of not participating. What I'm looking for is reasons, cases, logic that others can follow, etc. In short, discussion about WHY you think such and such, not just THAT you think such and such.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

When I get back we will have WORDS!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Meransiel »

Oh k. Now I'm going to put the argument with Banshee to a halt, given that it doesn't help us any. And surmise everything with a single question.

@Banshee: Do you think that scum David X would NOT benefit from, as you say, having the same reasoning and lines of thought as you?
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:40 am

Post by Banshee »

@Meransiel:

I am not really sure why I apparently have all this townie cred since I've been wrong just as much as anyone else if not more so. So I hadn't considered that anyone would want to sheep me for town cred. That said, I know David had said a few things that I had agreed with (though I'm not going to guarantee he wasn't sheeping someone else on them) and I think that he'd said them before I'd said anything.

I'm going to do a reread on David, Izak, TheJakalope (there's someone else and i can't remember who at the moment and look for the reasons I had those reads on them (and try to figure out one for TheJakalope). This weekend may be busy for me but I'm going to do my best to get those up soon. I do have a method for this that involves ISOs AND a full reread so if anyone wants the same treatment for someone else please let me know ASAP and I can include them too.

PeregrineV wrote:Use FoSes or call it a TEMP VOTE, so intentions are clear before we do damage that can't be undone.

I support and/or endorse this good and/or service.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:44 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I dislike temp votes, afaik they are not really any different to FoSes.

Using FoSes more, on the other hand, is a great idea.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by Meransiel »

@Banshee: No that I not what I meant. It is merely coincidental that David X had the same reasoning and lines of thought and suspects as you. He never sheeped this game. What I SAID is that he never had any opinion that would hurt him as scum.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Just look at all scum lynch wagons and you will see what I mean.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Care to back that up with examples?

Are you trying to say that trying to get more information, like when Shotty first threw out that idiotic claim, or wanting a real claim from Oversoul, is somehow a bad thing? o_0
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

@Meransiel if you had to choose someone to get lynched RIGHT NOW, who would it be?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Meransiel »

In post 3233, izakthegoomba wrote:@Meransiel if you had to choose someone to get lynched RIGHT NOW, who would it be?

DavidX, naturally.

@D: Shotty and Oversoul were obvscum at the time of their deaths, so that's irrelevant. I don't really believe in bussing at face value, so that's null for me. I was just challenging Banshee's town read on you down to null.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

So unvoting Oversoul to get more information from Shotty about his dodgy as all hell claim is somehow irrelevant? Are you advocating ignoring elephants in rooms just because you're identified one scum for the day? The more information we get at any given time, the better we can react to things the following day, and the better we can place any relevant PRs.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Today is making me think more and more that Meransiel is scum. The whole challenging-Banshee's-townread thing looks like an attempt to get two townies to distrust each other.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Meransiel »

In post 3236, izakthegoomba wrote:Today is making me think more and more that Meransiel is scum. The whole challenging-Banshee's-townread thing looks like an attempt to get two townies to distrust each other.

How exactly can I get someone to VOTE my suspect if they distrust him.

By the way. This is not mylo, because we have 2 anti-town factions.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

@Meran I'm not sure I understand the question

And I'd say we have an SK out their, as well as a couple of Mafiosi. We could be headed towards a dilemma if we don't catch the SK. Which is why we should lynch Peregrine.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by Meransiel »

In post 3238, izakthegoomba wrote:@Meran I'm not sure I understand the question

And I'd say we have an SK out their, as well as a couple of Mafiosi. We could be headed towards a dilemma if we don't catch the SK. Which is why we should lynch Peregrine.

No, I MEAN scum can properly scumhunt, so it's null. Basically, we shouldn't have towntells.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:48 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

When I'm playing as scum (at least, in the short period before the townies break the game - which happened both times) I just try to scumhunt as usual, attacking my partners whenever I would attack them if I was town. Just an FYI.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Meransiel »

In post 3240, izakthegoomba wrote:When I'm playing as scum (at least, in the short period before the townies break the game - which happened both times) I just try to scumhunt as usual, attacking my partners whenever I would attack them if I was town. Just an FYI.

Ok, now I'm a little confused. Do you think DX is town or null?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 9 vote count 2

PeregrineV 2 - Izak, Nero
DavidX 2 - Meransiel,Vezo
Meransiel 1 - DavidX

Not Voting

PeregrineV
Banshee
Nero Cain
TheJakalope

V/LA

No One

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

(expired on 2011-10-06 17:41:24)

till Day 9 Deadline
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:00 am

Post by David Xanatos »

In post 3237, Meransiel wrote:By the way. This is not mylo, because we have 2 anti-town factions.

Slip from Mera? I can't see Town making such a direct statement with such apparent certainty.. I can see Scum all over it though.

1: Throws Town off due to trying to reignite the Cult paranoia, which in my mind is now solidly negated.
2: Is basically saying to Town "Oh don't worry you can mislynch again and be fine"...

I'd say this was a softclaim if we all hadn't claimed VT. As it stands, I see no reasonable explanation for that from a Townie..
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Meransiel »

There is 100% at least 1 SK and 2 mafia left.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:08 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

@Meran I think DX is town. I was just letting you know about that, because I'm sure I'm not a minority with my (lack of) scum tactics.

Peregrine has made a clear stance, and although I disagree with him, it's still a good thing. Banshee has given plenty of contribution, and I read her as town anyway. I read Meransiel as scum, but he has been participating very actively, especially more recently. Xanatos has been active and useful right through this game. I have my thoughts on Vezok, but none of it's really relevant until a Day or two down the line, so I'm not concerned there, either.

But regarding Nero and Jakalope... I'm far less sure. They've been very quiet Today. So, some questions.

@Nero Cain:

• If you had to lynch someone right now, who would it be, and why?
• Do you think PeregrineV is a Serial Killer? If not, what do you read him as?
• If Meransiel was lynched today and flipped Mafia, would your opinion of Vezokpiraka change at all?

@TheJakalope:

• If you had to lynch someone right now, who would it be, and why?
• Do you think PeregrineV is a Serial Killer? If not, what do you read him as?
• You've been very neutral throughout this game, which I find quite troubling. Can you provide a list of your reads on all players?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Meransiel »

Don't be obtuse. Of COURSE Peregrine is the SK. It was in shotty's best interest to disclose him. But he doesn't have a kill, so lynching him is a waste of time. Actually, he should be the ONLY one we can't lynch today.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:37 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Meran, I wasn't asking you... Giving the answers away kind of defeats the point of asking questions in the first place, no?

Also, what if Banshee was right and he's some sort of X-shot SK? He could be some hellish JOAT/SK combo for all we know. Why are you so certain he's not dangerous?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Meransiel »

It defeats the point of asking a question if the question is stupid.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:12 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'm trying to get opinions, and get those two to participate. Because quite frankly, anything's better than what they're doing right now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”