Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Maruchan »

TOo lazy to go through Trow's next stupid case right this second.

Will take care of it later.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Amrun »

Tragedy is scum because she ISOed the first person on the drop down list and fabricated farcical reasons to call that person scum before reading anything else. That person is me, but quite honestly, it doesn't matter. It's only coincidental.

This trend has continued. This is weird for Tragedy-town I know; she usually muddles along a bit, but eventually points out some good things. She assumes the best of people rather than the worst, usually. She is not that great at asserting her suspicions.

Here, I see her looking for categorical flaws in posts rather than probing intent. Her walls of ISO show a lot of cog dis; she's taking every pot shot she can think of, but not really integrating them into cohesive opinions.

In short, she's posting like scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by RoboThor »

@Amrun - link to a town Tragedy game featuring this difference? Preferably a replace in one - but any where I can see her case method and the forgiving nature would be awesome.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Amrun »

I don't think I've ever played in with her when she replaced, but here's my first game with her, when I was scum:

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

She ended up suspecting me, but nothing came of it. She kind of just floated along, pointing some good things out here and there, which I think is typical of her town play.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Amrun »

I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Hey guys, I'm back.

I love you so much, I'll even give you flavor with this votecount.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by RoboThor »

"Amrun wrote:My reasoning on you was a bit weak, but I was mostly just riding the wagin to see what shook out. However, not laying down a vote is a scumtell, and you fit that - and it matched up with your scum meta."

@Amrun - I'm guessing your read of Tragedy's meta changed or something, since she was town then, but could you expand on this commentary in connection with her immediate vote action being scummy in your eyes?
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by RoboThor »

Above is from the second link, in case you want to backtrack to re-read gamestate.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Amrun »

I skimmed some of her scum meta at the time and she had a game where she didn't vote much.

BUT I forget anything else besides that. I pushed for Tragedy-town soon after that.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Votecount 3.3: The "Look! More Flavor!" Votecount

mothrax (3): Hoppster, Amrun, thunderwielder
Maruchan (2): MrTrow, RoboThor
Amrun (1): Tragedy

Not Voting (3)
: Maruchan, mothrax, Supreme Overlord

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: September 25th, 9 am EST ((expired on 2011-09-25 08:56:40))

As you can tell, we are on a bus.

What, did you miss that part? Yeah, that happened while...you weren't looking. Shut up. Yes, I put you on a bus.

Anyway, we're currently headed to Neuschwanstein Castle, built by Mad King Ludwig as a tribute to Wagner's work. It was never finished due to a suspicious death. Wait, why did I think this was a good idea again?

Right, I needed more flavor.

Also, I'm prodding mothrax and replacing Supreme Overlord.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Amrun wrote:Her walls of ISO show a lot of cog dis; she's taking every pot shot she can think of, but not really integrating them into cohesive opinions.

This makes sense to me. This is why I would like Tragedy to FINISH her evaluation and bring up everything. I fear it could be a stalling tactic, because we only have six days left, and judging by her rate of posting, I don't know if she's going to get finished with plenty of time to spare.
Right now, I can't tell if she's just posting all her suspiciousness that she perceives from everyone, or if it's just a culmination of her thoughts. She needs to hurry up and finish evaluating EVERYONE, give a vote, and give her other suspects AND WHY.

But, again, I'm worried about this stalling tactic, as it has definitely worked for others in this game. Mothrax and Maruchan seem to be employing it now (although, I understand that the beginning of school is a busy time). I would have said RoboThor was doing it too until quite recently, but I'm looking forward to more content--this to me could have been considered as a scummy-ish tell, because Thor openly admitted in the QT in my last game (when he was scum) that he didn't post as often as he would have had he been town. But I guess that's just meta. However, it's interesting that RoboThor deliberately left himself out of Lane's vote count. I felt he had a good reason to vote Lane at the time, but now I don't know. I could see a possible RoboThor/Amrun scumteam, if we the town were being really taken for a loop. Right now they're both still town-ish in my eyes. But more towards the null aspect as the days have been progressing. I'm not getting as solid a read on them as I used to.
Again, this will probably change WITH MORE CONTENT.
FROM EVERYONE.

With all the stalling and non-content, it's really hard to get a solid read.

I will say, though, that I was very pleasantly surprised when I logged on now and was able to actually read a great deal. I didn't expect as much to be said that was said.

In other news, I'm quite thrilled that Mr. Trow is no longer stalling, and I like his case. This alleviates any suspicions I put towards him for his other 'case,' which I thought was a bit bollock-sy.

Also, Mod, if Supreme Overlord is being replaced, will we be getting a deadline extension? So that whomever replaces in has time to catchup?
You should probably make Mist replace into that one. So she can immediately vote Tragedy if Tragedy's role PM was a scummy one.
Show
W:
L:
Town (2:1)
Mafia (1:0)
Oh, would that this hoodie were a time hoodie!

---Scammers on craigslist don't realize I play Mafia... What scum...
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 885, thunderwielder wrote:Also, Mod, if Supreme Overlord is being replaced, will we be getting a deadline extension? So that whomever replaces in has time to catchup? You should probably make Mist replace into that one. So she can immediately vote Tragedy if Tragedy's role PM was a scummy one.

Maybe, it depends on who and when it happens.

Also, Mist will NOT be replacing back in. Ever.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Tragedy »

@Robothor: Here's Another Game which I've replaced in as well, which was a most recent game as well. I was town, we lost badly. I was ALSO ISO'ing people there, too.
Then there's this, which I've also replaced in as well. I was pretty lazy (And somewhat confirmed town right there).

@thunderwielder: Jeez, Mist replacing in won't happen. But if it does happen, cool, I'm confirmed fucking town right there. And yes, My laptop wouldn't work for me within the past few hours.

And yes, Amrun's one of my goddamn suspects and I already voted the crap out of her.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Tragedy »

Also, everyone.
It
would
be nice if you would stop waiting for me to finish (I'll finish tomorrow, I goddamn promise. I apologize for stalling unintentionally.), but you guys need to be productive as well, instead of waiting.

@Mod: Can you please prod Mothrax?
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Amrun »

He was prodded like 3 posts ago...
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Right now, I think we might need to start focusing on relationships, and who's attacking whom, and that sort of thing.

I'm stumped as to where to go from there, but we need to start using these flips as an excuse for something. Or to give us information about SOMETHING. And who has been interacting with whom and against whom. Who has been sheeping reasonings for presumable 'town-points.' Have we missed any tells of the sort. I think there's a lot more that we could be doing, but nobody seems to be doing it. We're all getting caught up with perhaps semantics. I think it's telling that the same four people have been suspected (or at least voted upon) for three days now (Mothrax, Maruchan, Lane, and Glowball). We've killed two of them, and twice we've been wrong. This means there's AT LEAST one more scum person out there who hasn't been suspected as much. We need to (if not today, then definitely tomorrow) start remembering to throw everyone in the lime light. In my mind, I've considered RoboThor in particular to be town all game. While I still believe that to be fairly true, I have been avoiding throwing attention on him because of my previous belief. When, actually now that I have looked a little closer, I found two things that unsettle me (but perhaps I was pushing to the back of my mind and not giving any weight to).
I now have more things to consider. We need to start thinking outside the box, because I'm starting to doubt myself and, like Lane in post 775, I'm starting to worry that my townreads might be wrong. Maybe it's just this game throwing my head into wild obscurities, or because I've never lynched back-to-back townies before, and maybe we're actually on the RIGHT track, and we should lynch Mothrax and Maruchan (or Maruchan and Mothrax--I feel like I keep talking about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern with these two), because I still maintain the notion that one of them (if not both) are scum, and we can't lose if that's the case, and we'll have smaller numbers, and less people to choose from--BUT, we need to START considering these things now and pay closer attention to them. We WILL need them in the long run, if we're to win this game.

PEdit - Yeah, Tragedy, the Mist replacing thing was a joke. In case you couldn't tell.
And I agree that we need to be productive. Hence this post. BUT I think Amrun's being fairly productive for one. RoboThor might be starting to be. I find Trow's case to be lovely, but I certainly hope he doesn't just drop off the face of the earth, as is his tendency after posting cases
hear that, Trow?
Tragedy, could you single out the people that aren't being productive, and why they are not?
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

EBWODP
I'm only waiting for you to finish, so I can figure out if you're scum or not. Simple as that. Since you're a suspect, and have gotten attention from at least a couple other people.
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

In post 889, Amrun wrote:He was prodded like 3 posts ago...

I think this might be important... Was there a benefit of Tragedy saying "Prod Mothrax!" other than to get the heat off of her? It's another way of saying "Hey guys, don't forget about THIS suspicious person too! Don't just focus on meee..."
Show
W:
L:

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I like that catch^^

and I thought my vote was on morthrax?

Vote: Morthrax

Amrun, are you saying tragedy isnt as scummy as morthrax, or why didn't you vote for her when you called her scum?
Show
Join Now!

RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by RoboThor »

In post 883, Amrun wrote:I skimmed some of her scum meta at the time and she had a game where she didn't vote much.

BUT I forget anything else besides that. I pushed for Tragedy-town soon after that.

Six of one, half a dozen of another. You're pushing her now for aggressive voting and general derp. Was your meta bad then, now, neither? Just curious of the general thought flow of the meta tell.

In post 885, thunderwielder wrote:Thor openly admitted in the QT in my last game (when he was scum) that he didn't post as often as he would have had he been town. But I guess that's just meta. However, it's interesting that RoboThor deliberately left himself out of Lane's vote count.

:neutral:
1. I have a longstanding meta evidence of pathetic flake out as a hydra. (also, I'm still pretty sure I posted a ton in whatever the game I was scum in - it's degrees of massive, not lurk or massive, derp)

2. I deliberately left myself off the lane vote count because I'm pretty sure this slot isn't scum. If you want to scumhunt me, go to. Don't expect me to scumhunt me - I never do.

In post 885, thunderwielder wrote:I will say, though, that I was very pleasantly surprised when I logged on now and was able to actually read a great deal. I didn't expect as much to be said that was said.

Any thoughts thereof?
Why Mothrax first? Looking at his last handful of posts in iso it doesn't look like he's totally derping and I support some of his conclusions. Did I miss a case of awesome somewhere?

In post 887, Tragedy wrote:@Robothor: Here's Another Game which I've replaced in as well, which was a most recent game as well. I was town, we lost badly. I was ALSO ISO'ing people there, too.
Then there's this, which I've also replaced in as well. I was pretty lazy (And somewhat confirmed town right there).

In neithe rof them do you show a innability to understand replacements or dead players for your iso purpose (though you only mass iso in one of them) thoughts on this?

In post 887, Tragedy wrote:And yes, Amrun's one of my gGAWDSMURF suspects and I already voted the SMURF out of her.

That's awesome that she's a suspect and you're voting her.
Let's look at what I asked again;

Cool, why is Amrun scum? Is it classic female v. female hatred or is there a case? Because your case seems to be "Amrun is scummy for lynching lane when mothrax, a true paragon of obvious scum, was not lynched" which (to my small mind) indicates you should want us to lynch mothrax. What am I missing?

Nope - you didn't answer it yet, could you try again? This time you might win a pony.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 893, Maruchan wrote:I like that catch^^

and I thought my vote was on morthrax?

Vote: Morthrax

Amrun, are you saying tragedy isnt as scummy as morthrax, or why didn't you vote for her when you called her scum?

I did, originally. But mothrax has a lot more support and I feel more confident about that slot being scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:02 am

Post by MrTrow »

@Thunder: i hear. (reread will come before day`s end(D3 not sept19(i`ll try the latter, but no promises)))
here`s a connection thing.
This is the second time this game robothor became active when the leading wagon was losing to the mothrax wagon.

@Maru:
that`s sneaking on
L-1

I have seen sneaked L-1 around a replacement before (refering to SO being replaced, not moth being an NS-replacement), iirc it was part of how thor won my first newbie
By the way, your mum says hello.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:07 am

Post by Maruchan »

Your comment made no sense to me?
Show
Join Now!

MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:57 am

Post by MrTrow »

Ending that sentence with a question mark probably doesn`t make sense to anyone.
Care to be more specific?

If it is about my last post:
You (minor detail, the current #2 wagon) put someone at L-1 WITHOUT pointing this out (while we are about to have a replacement coming in)
I see no problem with you not wanting to be lynched, i do see one with setting up an accidental quickhammer.
Intentional or not i want that to be clear:

Mothrax is currently at L-1
By the way, your mum says hello.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Amrun »

Robo: I don't really care enough about meta to investigate it or care. All I'm saying is this: Tragedy is posting like scum. She always posts somewhat like scum, but this time it is alarming me because it is a different like-scum than I am used to. Had I never played with Tragedy, I'd probably be MORE convinced Tragedy was scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Open Games”