Vote Count 1.5

Junpei (L-3) - Sathoris, ace5993, Amrun, Crab Canon
saulres (L-5) - Shift, Junpei
4nxi3ty (L-6) - sottyrulez
Crab Canon (L-6) - Vi
Shift (L-6) - Locke Lamora

Not Voting (4) - saulres, springlullaby, Guy_Named_Riggs, 4nxi3ty

Deadline: Friday September 30 @ 1:00 PM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2011-09-30 13:00:00)
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:48 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 120, Amrun wrote:Hmm.

Shiftscum?

yup that looks like the case, at least he has more of a tendency to flail.

vote: crab canon
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:39 am

Post by saulres »

Finally got a chance to catch up. First a couple of questions:

1)
In post 33, Vi wrote:*opens mystery box to reveal
a one-shot Cult Cop ability

I wiki'd what a Cult is, and I know what a Cop is -- what's a "Cult Cop"? A member of a Cult with Cop abilities, or a Cop who can detect if someone's Cult or not?

2)
In post 50, Junpei wrote:The fact that Vi concurred with another vote meant to me that there was something scummy about saulres

Why does Vi's opinion hold so much sway over you, Junpei?

Okay, now the case and the vote:

4ni3ty: In the post right before this one, you agree with Amrun that Shift looks like scum, so you promptly follow Vi's solo-wagon onto Crab Canon? That's seems curious to me.

In 34 you interact with Vi saying her -- (digression: Vi could you please gesture something to indicate your gender?) -- saying her posts make you look bad. In 24 you say interaction "allows us to see what a player is doing like buddying for example". Using your own advice, I looked at the interaction in 34, and it sure feels like buddying with Vi.

Whether Vi is scum or not, both of the above points seem like buddying. Whether it's scum buddying a scumbuddy or scum false-buddying to set someone up later, it's too suspicious for me to ignore.

Your 105 is bizarre as well. You tell shift he needs to distance from me and ace. Funny, I never saw him buddying with me or Ace. All I saw was tunneling on me and hoping Ace would contribute. I don't know what you were trying to accomplish with that post, but it seems misdirecting, and scummy.

So, yeah. Scumvibes all around.

VOTE: 4nxi3ty
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:54 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 127, saulres wrote:Finally got a chance to catch up. First a couple of questions:

1)
In post 33, Vi wrote:*opens mystery box to reveal
a one-shot Cult Cop ability

I wiki'd what a Cult is, and I know what a Cop is -- what's a "Cult Cop"? A member of a Cult with Cop abilities, or a Cop who can detect if someone's Cult or not?

2)
In post 50, Junpei wrote:The fact that Vi concurred with another vote meant to me that there was something scummy about saulres

Why does Vi's opinion hold so much sway over you, Junpei?

Okay, now the case and the vote:

4ni3ty: In the post right before this one, you agree with Amrun that Shift looks like scum, so you promptly follow Vi's solo-wagon onto Crab Canon? That's seems curious to me.

In 34 you interact with Vi saying her -- (digression: Vi could you please gesture something to indicate your gender?) -- saying her posts make you look bad. In 24 you say interaction "allows us to see what a player is doing like buddying for example". Using your own advice, I looked at the interaction in 34, and it sure feels like buddying with Vi.

Whether Vi is scum or not, both of the above points seem like buddying. Whether it's scum buddying a scumbuddy or scum false-buddying to set someone up later, it's too suspicious for me to ignore.

Your 105 is bizarre as well.
You tell shift he needs to
distance
from me and ace. Funny, I never saw him
buddying
with me or Ace.
All I saw was tunneling on me and hoping Ace would contribute. I don't know what you were trying to accomplish with that post, but it seems misdirecting, and scummy.

So, yeah. Scumvibes all around.

VOTE: 4nxi3ty

cmon there is no cult in this game. also is it okay for townies to buddy?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:21 am

Post by saulres »

You so don't need to quote the whole thing to highlight two words.

How do you know there's no cult in this game unless you're scum with more information than town?

Besides, it was a question for a clarification of the term, I didn't imply anything with it.

And no, I've never heard the term "buddying" applied to townies. Townies don't know who each other are until at least one's confirmed, so how could they buddy at this point in this game?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:26 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 76, Shift wrote:Nice of you to finally join Ace, hopefully you'll see the light soon.In post 74, saulres wrote:In post 67, Shift wrote:Ace not posting yet is ridiculous, so are Saul, Spring, and Riggs not voting anyone.In post 15, Shift wrote:I DO WHAT I WANTI don't really like RQS but I know some players like to throw fits when someone doesn't answer your questions.Hypocrite much?Way to take me out of context, and out of all the things you could take out of context you decide on a joke. Flail harder.Context was Amrun asking me why I hadn't confirmed yet (I was the last to confirm) with an RVS vote. I said "I DO WHAT I WANT" as a joke, real reason was I went to bed before he sent out PMs and I had been at school all day.There is a big difference between joke answering why you were the last to confirm IN YOUR FIRST POST and not voting anyone despite posting multiple times.tl;dr: Taking jokes out of context, still hasn't voted, flailing scum
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:26 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

are you sure shift wasn't buddying with ace?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:34 am

Post by saulres »

I'm not seeing buddying in your run-together quote. I see "Ace not posting yet is ridiculous".

PROTIP: Preview your posts and make sure they're formatted legibly.
On permanent
V/LA
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:36 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

yeh yeh i messed up the formatting click the link if it really bothers you.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:37 am

Post by saulres »

In post 132, saulres wrote:I'm not seeing buddying in your
link
. I see "Ace not posting yet is ridiculous".

No difference.
On permanent
V/LA
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:40 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

so which is it, is shift distancing from ace or buddying?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:44 am

Post by saulres »

Neither. It's a commentary on play style and choices. Not every post is distancing or buddying.

Of course with Shift it could also have been a joke. Shift jokes a lot, according to his responses after he's called out on something.
On permanent
V/LA
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 126, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 120, Amrun wrote:Hmm.

Shiftscum?

yup that looks like the case, at least he has more of a tendency to flail.

vote: crab canon

So you think Shift is scum and you vote Crab Canon? o.O
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:59 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

...votes don't have to be used for pressure.

for instance seeing aces response to my revote.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:32 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Okay we're caught up.

RVQ ain't happening here.

Vi's post restriction is terrible and I hate it, but she is at least providing some content. Content I agree with, willing to give her a pass for now.

Kill the crab, it's scum.

Post 63 is a massive red flag for us. What makes them certain that Vi's not faking the post restriction? Reaction here reeks of inside knowledge. (Also I personally disliked the way they seemed to attempt to shut down this line of discussion by lumping it into an accusation that attempting to communicate with Vi is trying to modkill Vi.)

Also dislike post 121. It's non committal to shift and potentially an associative tell contingent on one of them flipping scum. Not as strong, but I'm not used to seeing that kind of waffling from VP.

4nxi3ty got a lot better as he posted about Shift and about CC. Really not understanding saulres vote on him in 127. He seems to pick up on a lot of things that aren't actually scummy.

ace is another scum pick of ours, his tone is just very off. Feels fake. Also feels like he is going though the motions rather than actual scum hunting.

Vote: Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Crab Canon »

sottyrulez wrote:4nxi3ty got a lot better as he posted about Shift and about CC.

Elaborate on this please. Particularly the part about us.

lumping it into an accusation that attempting to communicate with Vi is trying to modkill Vi

orly? It was made out to be like any communication with Vi should be stopped?

Post 63 - It has nothing to do with inside information and more to do with figuring out who Vi is and realizing that it is likely a town role. Last time Vi "faked" a post restriction she pretty much admitted it was self inflicted. Here, I see the post restriction as coming from DDD given who it is.

Post 121 - Sometimes a rose is just a rose. How is being unable to read Shift at this juncture a scum tell. Can you read Shift? Is saying it out loud the scum tell?

So let's hear it.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:45 am

Post by saulres »

In post 140, Crab Canon wrote:figuring out who Vi is and realizing that it is likely a town role

I figured it out but I don't understand why you say it's likely a town role. Clarify please?
On permanent
V/LA
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Crab Canon »

it's not guaranteed by any means. I think you'd have to know DDD to understand. I don't really want to get into any kind of discussion that would give away info on who I think the role is really. I know that's cryptic, but I feel like if I get too much into an explanation it'd be more obvious than it already is.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:55 am

Post by saulres »

You're using Mod Meta to determine alignments? :eek:

Isn't that an amazingly dangerous slope?
On permanent
V/LA
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Crab Canon »

I'm not using it to determine alignments. I'm not saying Vi gets a free pass for anything. I'm saying, 'this is a role I reasonably expect to be town, but take everything with a grain of salt.' Let's not make it out to be something it's not.

I do agree with you that mods can just WIFOM that sort of thing. Vi should be scumhunted like anyone else (though her post restriction complicates things a touch). So far she seems protown and my knowing DDD (and I know him well in the world of mafia) tells me that role is more likely town than not.

clear?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:02 am

Post by saulres »

Okay, yes. Thanks for clarifying.
On permanent
V/LA
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:33 am

Post by ace5993 »

I don't think 4nxi3ty is scum, he just has no idea what he's doing. Junpei should post some reads.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p...44457#p3444457]post 140[/url], Crab Canon wrote:
sottyrulez wrote:4nxi3ty got a lot better as he posted about Shift and about CC.

Elaborate on this please. Particularly the part about us.

His early posts were very WTF and I wasn't sure what kind of player we had here. But from post 105 onward he picks it up and starts scum hunting. He pokes Shift for the strange defense of his wagon he gave in post 67, something we noted on our read. It really comes out of left field.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3439619#p3439619]post 67[/url], Shift wrote:Ace not posting yet is ridiculous, so are Saul, Spring, and Riggs not voting anyone. Votes on Anxiety are silly.

Also note that at the time of this post, Anxiety wasn't voting anyone. He had unvoted CC and not placed his vote anywhere else.

No one else picked up on this other than Anxiety and he pushed on it. It's a valid point and we think it is town motivated the way he worries about being buddied up too. He posts in almost strange way, but we like his vibe so far.

He hasn't really said a lot about you, but he's voting you and well we like that. Cause you're scum.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p...44457#p3444457]post 140[/url], Crab Canon wrote:
lumping it into an accusation that attempting to communicate with Vi is trying to modkill Vi

orly? It was made out to be like any communication with Vi should be stopped?

It's funny, I knew your response was going to be something along those lines. I think your statement can be interpreted to have that effect. At the very least, you were attempting to cut off a line of discussion. (About Vi's post restriction.) Personally my thoughts would have expanded to figuring out more about what Vi can respond to and how Vi might be able to communicate with us more clearly without having to talk about the apparent post restriction. (Which it seems Vi is unable to discuss.) Your apparent reaction was, STOP ASKING ABOUT THE POST RESTRICTION BECAUSE OMG MODKILL.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p...44457#p3444457]post 140[/url], Crab Canon wrote:Post 63 - It has nothing to do with inside information and more to do with figuring out who Vi is and realizing that it is likely a town role. Last time Vi "faked" a post restriction she pretty much admitted it was self inflicted. Here, I see the post restriction as coming from DDD given who it is.

:igmeou: Character setup speculation, now that's a great reason to think someone is town.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p...44457#p3444457]post 140[/url], Crab Canon wrote:Post 121 - Sometimes a rose is just a rose. How is being unable to read Shift at this juncture a scum tell. Can you read Shift? Is saying it out loud the scum tell?

What was the point of it other than to dissent from other's reads? Why just him, in particular, at that point in time?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Vi »

sottyrulez 139 wrote:Vi's post restriction is terrible and I hate it
*shakes head*
*smiles cheesily*
*spreads arms wide in arcing movement*
*rainbow faintly appears between hands*

sottyrulez 139 wrote:Content I agree with, willing to give her a pass
for now
*looks concerned*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:41 am

Post by sottyrulez »

You stop posting content I'm gonna have a problem, same as any player slot. But claimed PR's are more apt to get away with coasting (See: Arms spread wide) and I'm not about to let that happen again. I'm also some what skeptical that the mod kill rules would be SO strict that you can't tell us what you can or cannot post. Content that has come from you eases my mind somewhat though but :igmeou: and so on...

~Sotty

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”