Vote Count 1.6

Junpei (L-3) - Sathoris, ace5993, Amrun, Crab Canon
Crab Canon (L-4) - Vi, 4nxi3ty, sottyrulez
saulres (L-5) - Shift, Junpei
Shift (L-6) - Locke Lamora
4nxi3ty (L-6) - saulres

Not Voting (2) - springlullaby, Guy_Named_Riggs,

Deadline: Friday September 30 @ 1:00 PM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2011-09-30 13:00:00)
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 149, sottyrulez wrote:You stop posting content I'm gonna have a problem, same as any player slot. But claimed PR's are more apt to get away with coasting (See: Arms spread wide) and I'm not about to let that happen again. I'm also some what skeptical that the mod kill rules would be SO strict that you can't tell us what you can or cannot post. Content that has come from you eases my mind somewhat though but :igmeou: and so on...

~Sotty
*rolls eyes*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

*Spreads arms wide*
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 152, sottyrulez wrote:*Spreads arms wide*
*runs close*
*tickles you*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

*sees Vi tickle sottyrulez*
*laughs out loud*
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

sottyrulez wrote:His early posts were very WTF and I wasn't sure what kind of player we had here. But from post 105 onward he picks it up and starts scum hunting. He pokes Shift for the strange defense of his wagon he gave in post 67, something we noted on our read. It really comes out of left field.

ok, and you said that what 4nxi3ty said about us also turned you around. what exactly did he say about us that changed your opinion of him?

sottyrulez wrote:It's funny, I knew your response was going to be something along those lines. I think your statement can be interpreted to have that effect. At the very least, you were attempting to cut off a line of discussion. (About Vi's post restriction.) Personally my thoughts would have expanded to figuring out more about what Vi can respond to and how Vi might be able to communicate with us more clearly without having to talk about the apparent post restriction. (Which it seems Vi is unable to discuss.) Your apparent reaction was, STOP ASKING ABOUT THE POST RESTRICTION BECAUSE OMG MODKILL.

I don't think my statement can be interpreted to have that effect at all actually. I explicitly said 'stop asking about the post restriction' I believe. I don't see how that implies 'stop communicating with Vi.' And yes, I was cutting off that line of discussion because I think it's scummy to repeatedly try to press a player about something that has the potential to get them modkilled. Asking them once to clarify? Sure, that's cool if you think it's necessary. Repeatedly trying to goad the player into posting about it when it's already been made clear there is a risk of modkill? I'm going to stop that. Even IF the player asking is town and the player replying is scum, it's kind of against the integrity of the game, don't you think? I find it pretty ludicrous that you somehow find that scummy.

sottyrulez wrote:Character setup speculation, now that's a great reason to think someone is town.

Again, it's not like I'm calling Vi clear town on my speculation, just giving an opinion. You seem awfully antagonistic over nothing.

sottyrulez wrote:What was the point of it other than to dissent from other's reads? Why just him, in particular, at that point in time?

People were giving their reads of him. I've been keeping an eye on him, but I really am having a hard time getting a clear read on him. As above, this seems way too antagonistic for what I'd expect from you too. Frankly, it feels to me like you guys are reaching for any reason to vote for us. You really believe the stuff you're citing or are you just trying to pressure us?
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Shift »

Haven't had time to read today as I've been very busy, I'm free the rest of the week though. Will read+post tomorrow.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Junpei »

Just got back from playing football, but I will post tomorrow, and read what I haven't.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Amrun »

sottyrulez, why do you think scum would know that Vi's post restriction is real?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:47 am

Post by springlullaby »

VOTE: Guy_Named_Riggs

For fluff posting. And possibly being the most contentless person in the game right now. Even worse than me. ;)

I think sotty is aggressive, but it is good for the town; I'm suspending judgment on crab cannon for now.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:58 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 158, Amrun wrote:sottyrulez, why do you think scum would know that Vi's post restriction is real?

If Vi is town and CC is scum they would assume she was telling the truth, no?

Amrun I liked your reasoning around your Junpei vote but other than that one post all you've done is ask a lot of pointless questions. I say pointless, because there is no follow up from you. I don't like it. Are you scum? Some reads other that Junpei would be nice.

A Guy_Named_Riggs is also an excellent vote at this point.

Crab's response is pretty underwhelming (semantics, strawmanning points, softly suspecting us) Happy with the vote.

~Sotty
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Amrun »

Sotty, haven't we done this song and dance before?

I ask a lot of questions. Sometimes I don't do anything with the answers because I thought it was going to go somewhere it didn't (or I forget). And sometimes I make an alignment decision or get an alignment nudge based on the question but don't state it because it's not strong or isn't relevant at the time.

And I don't know why scum would necessarily assume Vi was telling the truth. She's lied about post restrictions before. Personally, I'll probably never believe a post restriction from Vi again, at least one like this, but as long as she provides content I'm okay with it. It isn't indicative of alignment in the slightest, in my opinion.

Besides Junpei, I find Shift scummy (already stated), saulres townish (already stated), have a vague town read on Crab Canon, and think SL is probably town for trying to Shift (I think it was shift) of as town in the beginning even though it didn't make sense to do so. That's what I recall off of the top of my head, but I think someone agreed with me about Junpei, so that person gets some town points as well for echoing my thoughts.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Unvote, Vote: Sottyrulez

Sorry, but townSottyrulez is never this obstinate about answering simple questions. I don't see how I strawmanned anything you said or argued semantics with you. You misrepped what I said when the meaning was as clear as day. In terms of softly suspecting you, well it wasn't so soft.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:15 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Clear as day your reasoning was not. That is why you ended up trying to describe what you were apparently trying to say in more detail. Let's not try to rewrite history here.

Zach
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:20 am

Post by Crab Canon »

In post 63, Crab Canon wrote:
How about we all stop asking Vi about her post restriction in an effort to get her modkilled?
It's pretty obvious what her restriction is, and there is nothing she can do about it. If you can't figure it out on your own, then that's your problem. Regardless of her alignment, baiting for modkills is dirty pool. So, knock it off.

Explain to me how that is unclear in any way, shape or form. Even drawing a picture would make that less clear than it already is.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Everyone lynch Sottyrulez now. I won't be moving my vote today.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:29 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 158, Amrun wrote:sottyrulez, why do you think scum would know that Vi's post restriction is real?

Sotty already covered this, but I'd like to add to it.

Are you really trying to argue this as a non point? Do you think town has as equal an interest as scum in just accepting that Vi has a post restriction and being happy with the idea of having a more challenging line of communication with Vi? Because I don't really see how that kind of thinking makes any kind of sense as being equally/more likely to come from a town perspective.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:49 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

saulres/shift/ace/cc=scumteam?

getting major scum vibes from all four. thinking either same faction, two different factions, or one faction and a third party.

when i originaly placed my vote on CC i thought the crab was null and was trying to gauge ace. afterwards sottyrulez brought up some valid points and this fluffy interaction with saulres got my attention. so looks like crab wil be a very informative dish.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:50 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Yeah. I already told Zach I will probably need his help in reading you since I always find you scummy. But your last seemingly silly question pushed me over the edge. I have no issues with asking questions if it looks like they are going somewhere. If that is a follow up question or a read then fine, if it is never to mention this question again I'm going to have an issue. Any chance we can get an elaboration on your Crab read?

We liked Anxiety for reasons stated about Shift and for his vote on CC. We believe CC is overstating the OMG MOD KILL danger Vi was in. I don't know how much clearer we can be there and yet still Crab wants to get all twisty with it.

VP is trying to make it us v him today... Where oh where have I seen that before...?

~Sotty.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Crab Canon »

In post 164, Crab Canon wrote:
How about we all stop asking Vi about her post restriction in an effort to get her modkilled?
It's pretty obvious what her restriction is, and there is nothing she can do about it. If you can't figure it out on your own, then that's your problem. Regardless of her alignment, baiting for modkills is dirty pool. So, knock it off.

Explain to me how that is unclear in any way, shape or form. Even drawing a picture would make that less clear than it already is.

Whenever you're ready to answer this, that'd be great. You can malign my name all you'd like and say I'm arguing semantics, but if you can't actually prove your point, then I don't see how you feel you're actually scumhunting.

For those of you following at home not so closely, this is the interaction:

Sottyrulez: CC was trying to get people to stop communicating with Vi.
CC: I don't see how what I said could have been interpreted that way.
Sottyrulez: I see how it could. You were saying to stop talking about her post restriction like it was a bad thing, implying you knew for sure she was telling the truth.
CC: Please show me where I said to stop talking to her.
Sottyrulez: LOL SEMANTICS
CC: What? Here's the quote where I explicitly said, let's not push on the post restriction she said she could get modkilled over. I think that goes against the integrity of mafia.
Sottyrulez: CC just wants to argue. LYNCH NAO.

and etc. Your complete and utter refusal to back anything up with logic shows you got in too deep with a bad argument, as scum are wont to do. I think I've given you plenty of chances to admit you simply misinterpreted what I wrote. Now you're actively misrepresenting it and painting it like I'm trying to malign your name through jedi mind tricks. I've directly quoted what I said and expressed how it is completely clear. Unless you can do the same, you're just puffing hot air.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Crab Canon »

In post 167, 4nxi3ty wrote:sottyrulez brought up some valid points and this fluffy interaction with saulres got my attention. so looks like crab wil be a very informative dish.

lol, answering saulres' question is a fluffy interaction in your opinion?

Which points that sotty made do you feel are strong?

This is going to be an epic day if scum go all in versus me today. This is my favorite type of game :D
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Crab Canon »

In post 155, Crab Canon wrote:ok, and you said that what 4nxi3ty said about us also turned you around. what exactly did he say about us that changed your opinion of him?

yet to answer this Scumttyrulez
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 169, Crab Canon wrote:
In post 164, Crab Canon wrote:

Whenever you're ready to answer this, that'd be great. You can malign my name all you'd like and say I'm arguing semantics, but if you can't actually prove your point, then I don't see how you feel you're actually scumhunting.

For those of you following at home not so closely, this is the interaction:

Sottyrulez: CC was trying to get people to stop communicating with Vi.
CC: I don't see how what I said could have been interpreted that way.
Sottyrulez: I see how it could. You were saying to stop talking about her post restriction like it was a bad thing, implying you knew for sure she was telling the truth.
CC: Please show me where I said to stop talking to her.
Sottyrulez: LOL SEMANTICS
CC: What? Here's the quote where I explicitly said, let's not push on the post restriction she said she could get modkilled over. I think that goes against the integrity of mafia.
Sottyrulez: CC just wants to argue. LYNCH NAO.

and etc. Your complete and utter refusal to back anything up with logic shows you got in too deep with a bad argument, as scum are wont to do. I think I've given you plenty of chances to admit you simply misinterpreted what I wrote. Now you're actively misrepresenting it and painting it like I'm trying to malign your name through jedi mind tricks. I've directly quoted what I said and expressed how it is completely clear. Unless you can do the same, you're just puffing hot air.

Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Again, I don't understand why you're being obstinate toward very specific questions that should be easy to answer if you're town.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:31 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 173, Crab Canon wrote:Again, I don't understand why you're being obstinate toward very specific questions that should be easy to answer if you're town.

Still trying to figure out what I'm looking at here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”