4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:33 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 170, Crab Canon wrote:
In post 167, 4nxi3ty wrote:sottyrulez brought up some valid points and this fluffy interaction with saulres got my attention. so looks like crab wil be a very informative dish.

lol, answering saulres' question is a fluffy interaction in your opinion?

Which points that sotty made do you feel are strong?

This is going to be an epic day if scum go all in versus me today. This is my favorite type of game :D

what exactly were you trying to accomplish by answering saulres' question?

oh an you might want to stop being so defensive, if all your gonna do is twist words there is no point in arguing with you
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Crab Canon »

I haven't twisted anyone's words in the least actually.

I was answering saulres' question because he asked. Presumably, he wanted to get a better read on me and answering his question would help him do that. I don't see a reason to ignore questions asked to me.

Speaking of which:

Anxiety wrote:Which points that sotty made do you feel are strong?
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:41 am

Post by saulres »

What the hell do the images in scottyrulezs' posts mean?

I mean, with Vi's, I can look at the file name and figure it out. But not scotty's.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:42 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

do you agree with junpei, that not answering questions=scum?

or maybe ignoring some questions to avoid circular arguements is better?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:44 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 171, Crab Canon wrote:
In post 155, Crab Canon wrote:ok, and you said that what 4nxi3ty said about us also turned you around. what exactly did he say about us that changed your opinion of him?

yet to answer this Scumttyrulez

Ah huh.
In post 139, sottyrulez wrote:4nxi3ty got a lot better as he posted about Shift and about CC. Really not understanding saulres vote on him in 127. He seems to pick up on a lot of things that aren't actually scummy.

In post 147, sottyrulez wrote:He hasn't really said a lot about you, but he's voting you and well we like that. Cause you're scum.

In post 168, sottyrulez wrote:We liked Anxiety for reasons stated about Shift and for his vote on CC. We believe CC is overstating the OMG MOD KILL danger Vi was in. I don't know how much clearer we can be there and yet still Crab wants to get all twisty with it.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Crab Canon »

In post 177, saulres wrote:What the hell do the images in scottyrulezs' posts mean?

I mean, with Vi's, I can look at the file name and figure it out. But not scotty's.

they are saying I'm misrepresenting their posts. That I am "strawmanning them."
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Crab Canon »

In post 179, sottyrulez wrote:He hasn't really said a lot about you, but he's voting you and well we like that. Cause you're scum.

Ok, missed that line amidst the BS. Saw the other two and those are definitely not answers. But it was exactly what I was getting at in the first place. You are saying you liked the things he said about me, but then it's just a vote, first in the RVS and then a vote without an explanation. I don't see how that does anything for you in terms of reading his alignment.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:10 am

Post by saulres »

Thanks for the image-decoding, CC.

In post 139, sottyrulez wrote:4nxi3ty got a lot better as he posted about Shift and about CC. Really not understanding saulres vote on him in 127. He seems to pick up on a lot of things that aren't actually scummy.

They're not? How are they not?

Here were my points. Please explain how they're not scummy:

Point 1: Thinks Shift is scum and then, out of nowhere, with no further explanation, votes Crab Canon. He still hasn't provided any solid reasons, eventually saying "Vibes and fluff" in 167.

Point 2: Interactions with Vi. Based on these interactions I see 4nxi3ty being Vi's "role partner" -- if you've figured out who Vi is then you'll know what I mean -- and it sure seems that he's buddying with her (either as scumbuddy or as a setup if they're on opposing sides).

Point 3: Strawman argument of his own that shift is either distancing or buddying with both me and Ace.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:10 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 181, Crab Canon wrote:
In post 179, sottyrulez wrote:He hasn't really said a lot about you, but he's voting you and well we like that. Cause you're scum.

Ok, missed that line amidst the BS. Saw the other two and those are definitely not answers. But it was exactly what I was getting at in the first place. You are saying you liked the things he said about me, but then it's just a vote, first in the RVS and then a vote without an explanation. I don't see how that does anything for you in terms of reading his alignment.

For me, his reaction to Shift's 67 is contrary to motivations I would expect from scum. (Stronger tell with a less experienced player at that.)

Also regarding Crab's 169, you can either take his word on what we said, or read what we actually said here.

Actually that post itself elaborates on anxiety better than I did above.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:11 am

Post by ace5993 »

Usually I'd say that this wagon is just misguided but under the circumstances of how it started (a couple weak votes before the attack began) I'm more inclined to see it as a scum-driven counterwagon.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:16 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Which wagon are you talking about ace?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote Count 1.7

Junpei (L-4) - Sathoris, ace5993, Amrun
Crab Canon (L-4) - Vi, 4nxi3ty, sottyrulez
saulres (L-5) - Shift, Junpei
Shift (L-6) - Locke Lamora
4nxi3ty (L-6) - saulres
Guy_Named_Riggs (L-6) - springlullaby
sottyrulez (L-6) - Crab Canon

Not Voting (1) - Guy_Named_Riggs

Deadline: Friday September 30 @ 1:00 PM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2011-09-30 13:00:00)

Sathoris has been prodded.
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 166, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 158, Amrun wrote:sottyrulez, why do you think scum would know that Vi's post restriction is real?

Sotty already covered this, but I'd like to add to it.

Are you really trying to argue this as a non point? Do you think town has as equal an interest as scum in just accepting that Vi has a post restriction and being happy with the idea of having a more challenging line of communication with Vi? Because I don't really see how that kind of thinking makes any kind of sense as being equally/more likely to come from a town perspective.

Oh, but Zach, are you forgetting the crux of your argument?

It isn't a non-point at all.

In this line of questioning, I am thinking of this:

In post 139, sottyrulez wrote:Post 63 is a massive red flag for us. What makes them certain that Vi's not faking the post restriction? Reaction here reeks of inside knowledge. (Also I personally disliked the way they seemed to attempt to shut down this line of discussion by lumping it into an accusation that attempting to communicate with Vi is trying to modkill Vi.)

I am not talking about the fact that you are saying CC was trying to stop efforts to communicate with Vi; that's something else entirely.

I am taking issue with the premise that assuming that Vi's post restriction is real = inside knowledge, ESPECIALLY for a hydra involving Juls. Juls and I both played in a game where Vi faked a highly restrictive post restriction. Vi was town. I don't know if CC believes the post restriction; I don't believe that their posts are necessarily preclusive to them not believing it. The way I interpret it, they simply said that they believed such questions might lead to a modkill and requested that line of questioning be stopped. I don't agree with THAT sentiment, but I do disagree with you finding scum intent from CC assuming the post restriction is real. My guess is that VP has been doing most of the posting, and he does seem to believe Vi right off the bat. My point is that even if the slot IS scum and Vi is town,
they still don't know the post restriction is real.
Therefore, there is no inside information to be had and that point is invalid. In FACT, I'd go as far as saying that CC is town for attempting to use Vi's "pr" to mostly clear her as town. This hydra has the means and the experience to make this pr a completely nulltell for Vi, just like me, but instead chooses to push this is a town tell. I see no scum motivation here - only town motivation.

Why is this a non issue? You are saying, "Crab Canon is scum because of x, y, and z," and I'm saying x is invalid.

Since sotty asked, let's look at those x, y, and z. X and y are above; I disagree with x. I think y is valid, but that you're making too big of a deal out of it. I don't see a particularly high likelihood of scum trying to stop the discussion about Vi's possible pr out of scummy motivations. Z is as follows:

In post 139, sottyrulez wrote:Also dislike post 121. It's non committal to shift and potentially an associative tell contingent on one of them flipping scum. Not as strong, but I'm not used to seeing that kind of waffling from VP.

Here is the relevant part of the post in question:

In post 121, Crab Canon wrote:I can't make heads or tails of Shift, honestly.

It was in response to this post of mine.

In post 120, Amrun wrote:Hmm.

Shiftscum?

I don't see any scum motivation for stating a read (or in this case, a non-read) on Shift. CC could easily have ignored my vague post before it and avoided stating any read (which would be much more noncommital than stating that he was having trouble reading Shift). In fact, now that I'm looking at it more closely, why didn't you (sottyrulez) call ME out for being noncommital on Shift? My post was easily as noncommital as CC's, and it came first, yet you call him out for it and not me.

I'm tired so I'm not sure that made sense. Ask me questions if it doesn't and I'll sort it out later.

Sotty:

I'd really like you to go through my ISO and point out all the useless questions I've done nothing with. Seriously.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Amrun »

oh crap that became a wall. I formally apologize.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:19 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I get what you're saying Amrun. I don't agree with it, but I get it.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Amrun »

Why do you disagree?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Sathoris »

Sorry for my absence. Some private stuff took a little longer than I anticipated. I'll get catch-up post going by tonight.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:35 am

Post by saulres »

Scotty: Regarding Vi's post restriction, you see it as a red flag because CC says "there is nothing she can do about it", right? Because it seems to mean that CC
knows
that she's not faking it, and the only way they'd know that is if they communicated with her outside the thread.

Assuming that there is knowledge, may I remind you that we're in a closed setup? That communication could have happened between scum,
or
between masons. Given who Vi's role likely is, it could be either. Or it could have just been an assumption. It's really not an alignment tell in any way, but might become one when either of them flip.
On permanent
V/LA
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:38 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 17, Amrun wrote:Why do you care if someone throws a fit, Shift?

No follow up.

In post 28, Amrun wrote:
Why is that indicative of him being town?

No follow up.

In post 85, Amrun wrote:Why does Junpei look all right to you?

No follow up.

In post 116, Amrun wrote:Shift, what made you think that anyone was voting Junpei for asking RQS questions?

No follow up.

In post 137, Amrun wrote:So you think Shift is scum and you vote Crab Canon? o.O

No follow up.

In post 158, Amrun wrote:sottyrulez, why do you think scum would know that Vi's post restriction is real?

I thought this was obvious, but maybe it wasn't seeing your reaction. Will to give this the benefit of the doubt.

The pattern was you would asked a bunch of questions that looked to go no where. It's a way of generating content without actually committing to reads. Before I asked you directly to give your reads there was little in your ISO to show what you were thinking or if you were doing anything with these answers you were getting. Asking questions helps determine alignment, I know. But I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt if all they are going to do is ask questions that look like they go nowhere.

Amrun, what game is this where Vi faked a PR? I'm interested. We can see why you think that is invaild because of Juls, but I just don't agree. I would think townVP would want to figure out the depths of the PR rather than curtail all discussion around it. Post 63 does indirectly suggest that VP believes Vi because he is SO WORRIED about a mod kill. Which I personally think is BS. I just don't know why he would be willing to let someone like Vi off so lightly.

~Sotty
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:48 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 192, saulres wrote:Scotty: Regarding Vi's post restriction, you see it as a red flag because CC says "there is nothing she can do about it", right? Because it seems to mean that CC
knows
that she's not faking it, and the only way they'd know that is if they communicated with her outside the thread.

Assuming that there is knowledge, may I remind you that we're in a closed setup? That communication could have happened between scum,
or
between masons. Given who Vi's role likely is, it could be either. Or it could have just been an assumption. It's really not an alignment tell in any way, but might become one when either of them flip.

Nooo. That's not what we're saying. We're not suggesting communication outside of the thread at all. I'll try and break it down even more.

Lets just pretend Crab is scum and Vi is town.

Lets say Vi starts posting in a strange way that suggests a post restriction. Townies scratch their heads and twiddle their beards wondering what is going on. What can Vi post? What can't she post? Is she really restricted or this this some gambit for reactions, or worse, a gambit by scum so they don't have to commit in thread? Townies then question Vi and make up their mind depending on what she posts, if she is telling the truth or not. Lets pretend at the start of the game Vi isn't very helpful with this. Suggests she would be modkilled for talking about her restriction and isn't very helpful to the town. The town is perplexed.

In this situation any scum (Crab) would already know Vi isn't scum with them. That means they believe she is town. If Vi is town then it is unlikely she is lying, so scum are more willing to take anything she might suggest as truth.

Basically our point is ScumCrab already knows Vi isn't scum with them and then believes, without question the PR is real.

~S-O-T-T-Y
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 193, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 17, Amrun wrote:Why do you care if someone throws a fit, Shift?

No follow up.

Obviously, I used it to inform my read on Shift, but I will give you that I stated nothing explicitly in thread about this.

sr wrote:
In post 28, Amrun wrote:
Why is that indicative of him being town?

No follow up.

Not at all true. I used this to inform my read on springlullaby, and I even talked about it in a previous post.

In post 85, Amrun wrote:Why does Junpei look all right to you?

No follow up.

I don't think this question was ever answered, actually. SL, please to be answering this.

sr wrote:
In post 116, Amrun wrote:Shift, what made you think that anyone was voting Junpei for asking RQS questions?

No follow up.

In case this wasn't self explanatory...

In post 118, Amrun wrote:
In post 117, Shift wrote:

Skimmed, saw something about his RQS questions and something about hopping on the saulres bandwagon which obviously I'm not going to complain about.

Why do you have time to write a wall based on false premises, but not enough time to read?

In post 120, Amrun wrote:Hmm.

Shiftscum?

This one SHOULD be obvious, really. I asked Shift a series of questions and when I received the answers, I postulated that he is scum. Why would you assume that the two are not correlated?

sr wrote:
In post 137, Amrun wrote:So you think Shift is scum and you vote Crab Canon? o.O

No follow up.

This is, in fact, the only question I haven't followed up, and because I'm not sure what to do with the answer. I think what quadz did was stupid, to be honest, but I don't know if there is scum intent there.

I have nothing I want to do with this question right at this minute, but in my brain I have this marked as a possible associative tell if Shift flips scum. If Shift were to die and flip town, nothing would ever come of this question. And I think that is okay.

sr wrote:

I thought this was obvious, but maybe it wasn't seeing your reaction. Will to give this the benefit of the doubt.

The pattern was you would asked a bunch of questions that looked to go no where. It's a way of generating content without actually committing to reads. Before I asked you directly to give your reads there was little in your ISO to show what you were thinking or if you were doing anything with these answers you were getting. Asking questions helps determine alignment, I know. But I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt if all they are going to do is ask questions that look like they go nowhere.

But that isn't a pattern that's been established from this game. My playing style is to ask a lot of questions. I do something with most, if not all, of the answers, but it might be something that happens in my brain and not in the thread. I do use some answers in thread, but I don't always go HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT QUESTION THAT I POSTED IN POST X, I AM GOING TO USE IT NOW.

In this game, it is page 8 and I think it is perfectly valid to be in a questioning stage right now. However, I have also laid down a serious vote and given other reads, so I think it's really unfair to say that I'm trying to avoid committing to reads.

I feel the need to note that the last time you harped on me about questions, you were scum and I was town (in Dexter mafia). That is not to say you are scum here because of that, but it does set a precedent. In this game, I have a townread on you, but it is not particularly strong.

sr wrote:Amrun, what game is this where Vi faked a PR? I'm interested. We can see why you think that is invaild because of Juls, but I just don't agree. I would think townVP would want to figure out the depths of the PR rather than curtail all discussion around it. Post 63 does indirectly suggest that VP believes Vi because he is SO WORRIED about a mod kill. Which I personally think is BS. I just don't know why he would be willing to let someone like Vi off so lightly.

~Sotty

Your disagreement stems from a meta thing about VPB. You have a lot more experience with him than me. I don't think it's a big issue.

Here's the game:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=17567:
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:05 am

Post by saulres »

Sorry about the misspelling, sotty.

Townies scratch their heads and twiddle their beards wondering what is going on. What can Vi post? What can't she post? Is she really restricted or this this some gambit for reactions, or worse, a gambit by scum so they don't have to commit in thread? Townies then question Vi and make up their mind depending on what she posts, if she is telling the truth or not. Lets pretend at the start of the game Vi isn't very helpful with this. Suggests she would be modkilled for talking about her restriction and isn't very helpful to the town. The town is perplexed.

Huh. I'm a townie and I never thought twice about the post restriction. I don't care if it's a real restriction or not -- it's
great
RP for the role Vi presumably received and she's usually communicating just fine. Where she isn't someone comes in to clarify and she nods or shakes her head.

Seems to me like you're trying to make a problem where one doesn't exist. Your whole argument seems based on CC already being scum. I was looking for why you made that assumption and I was having trouble finding it.
On permanent
V/LA
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:07 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 187, Amrun wrote:

I don't see any scum motivation for stating a read (or in this case, a non-read) on Shift. CC could easily have ignored my vague post before it and avoided stating any read (which would be much more noncommital than stating that he was having trouble reading Shift). In fact, now that I'm looking at it more closely, why didn't you (sottyrulez) call ME out for being noncommital on Shift? My post was easily as noncommital as CC's, and it came first, yet you call him out for it and not me.

I'm tired so I'm not sure that made sense. Ask me questions if it doesn't and I'll sort it out later.

Eh? I thought you were stating a scum read on Shift. (Or speculating to his likelihood of being scum based on what you observed of his play.)

Crab Canon's response amounted to none of that. It was just Crab saying that he didn't know what to think of Shift, almost like he saw the pressure on Shift and thought he needed to say something about it.

When you get down to it, your response seemed pretty organic, and Crab's felt forced.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:22 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Thanks for the game Amrun, I'll check it out. To be clear we have a couple of town reads and you are one of them. At the time it was weak and I just wanted to engage you more in the game to see which way you would swing. Needless to say, your responses after that have strengthened the read.

saulres; agree to disagree I guess. But now you're the second person to say the point is moot so it's something to take on board. I think looking over the game Amrun linked and seeing others input will go aways to seeing if we're right or wrong on this issue. Regradless, VP's twisting and squirming thought his pressure has been pretty bad. I don't think he has reacted well to our vote
at all
. What do you think?

Right now I really want to hear a lot more from Ace, Junpei and Riggs. A shift appearance would also be nice.

~Sotty
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:30 am

Post by saulres »

In post 198, sottyrulez wrote:VP's twisting and squirming thought his pressure has been pretty bad. I don't think he has reacted well to our vote at all. What do you think?

By VP you mean CC, I'll try to keep that straight. The interaction between your hydra and that hydra is most likely the next thing I'm going to turn my attention to, to see if I can read anything from it.
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”