Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 348, Seraphim wrote:Well, it's only a one shot Maru. So it can be used...once.

You should try reading the game sometime.

there were 3 new pages in the past 10 hours so i skimmed before reading clearly. sorry,
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Meransiel »

@Seraph:

In post 137, kdowns wrote:Claim Time...

I'm Genie from Kingdom Hearts with an ability called Wish: That can Prevent ALL night time abilities even the Mafia Kill.

From the wording here, it doesn't give me 100% certainty of being block-proof (if that was the intention a day-based *gimmeanextralynch* would have done the same thing, save for poison kills). Actually, kdo, can you paraphrase a tad more specifically?
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Dekes »

Sorry, been apartment hunting for the last couple of days. To no avail so far, for anyone interested. I'll have a post by tomorrow noonish.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Hiraki »

Maruchan wrote:If he were to pay attention to other aspects of the game, he wouldn't be scum.
Spoiler: He has.

Hope you played FFMafia!

Whee.

I'm too cool for toast.

#335. Eww Spyrex.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Kdub »

Day 1, Vote Count #14

MagnaofIllusion (0)
-
Dekes (1)
- Scott Brosius
WrathChild (1)
- ToastyToast
GreyICE (0)
-
Ant_to_the_max (0)
-
Maruchan (5)
- Dekes, Hiraki, Maxous, WrathChild, kdowns
RayFrost (2)
- AGar, Meransiel
Hiraki (0)
-
ToastyToast (0)
-
Maxous (0)
-
AGar (0)
-
dramonic (1)
- RayFrost
Seraphim (1)
- Maruchan
Meransiel (4)
- Ant_to_the_max, SpyreX, Seraphim, GreyICE
SpyreX (0)
-
Scott Brosius (0)
-
kdowns (1)
- MagnaofIllusion
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (1)
- dramonic

17 votes available, 9 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is October 5, ~ 7 pm PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:47 am

Post by AGar »

In post 320, kdowns wrote:I'm just saying if it comes to the absolute most necessary reasons will I use it. Night 1 is the worst option to use it imo, so we can let the cops get investigations and help us base lynches off of that.

I am not saying that I wont use it under any circumstances.

No.

You're using it tonight. Or you die. In a fiery death. We don't base our lynches off of cop investigations that may or may not happen.

We base them off of who is acting like pretentious scumbags and need death.

SB catchup does not amuse.

In post 324, ToastyToast wrote:
AGar - Well, firstly, what's with all this antagonism? Idk why you think I'm just going to put minimum effort in this game. Anyways, I don't like his first few posts, especially the whole "shut up and vote me" thing. For someone so concerned in my own activity, he sure hasn't done much.

You've been in lurk city since the beginning and this is literally the first content of any kind you've put out there. And it's still not that impressive.

In post 350, Maruchan wrote:
In post 348, Seraphim wrote:Well, it's only a one shot Maru. So it can be used...once.

You should try reading the game sometime.

there were 3 new pages in the past 10 hours so i skimmed before reading clearly. sorry,

Did you also not read like... page 6?

In post 340, Ant_to_the_max wrote:It is called an assumption.
If he is town, that point is 100% valid. "Guyz, I have a mass role block power...I wanted you to know...but i'm going to save it" *gets shot in the face*
If he is scum, we are forcing him to use his ability N1 when we know it will happen and not waste any other actions. Of course though, he would know that he is not going to be NKed by scum, so he can "save it"

Flaw: Mind games. That whole WIFOM pit of "Would they kill him or wouldn't they kill him if he's town?"
Flaw: If he chooses to "save it" and we get confirmation that an action goes through tonight, he dies tomorrow a most fiery death. And we've made that very clear.

So care to try again?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:50 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Wrath wrote:I find it ironic that you are calling my reaction so scummy when you are over-reacting as well. On top of that, compare my "over-reaction" to Maru's "over-reaction", but yet I am the scummiest player in your opinion.

Wrath wrote:Seriously? Of all the slacking, non-effort players sitting on their thumbs today, you're going to pick me out for building a case on a guy that's tied for the lynch lead at L-6!? That is so so poor. Can anyone tell me if Maru has a history of doing this crap? If so, I'm about to start a toasty wagon because that was a scum-slap to my face.

THIS is your over-reaction. And Maruchan is the target of a Policy Lynch. It produces much more anger than the question "What are your reads on the other ppl? Why are you focussing purely on Maruchan?" As such, an over-reaction by town is much more plausible.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by dramonic »

go-go-gadget vote on meransiel!
Vote: Meransiel
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by GreyICE »

kdown is giving me newbie vibes now.

Have you ever played off epic mafia and in a real mafia game before? All my favorite wins come with very little power role involvement.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Seraphim »

It looks like his only completed game on site is Empking's Dayless Mafia.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by kdowns »

I've completed a Newbie and Empking's Dayless mafia. Both in which my side won... (Both were Town) .

Also How can I paraphrase that more when I litterally says it blocks ALL actions.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by kdowns »

Also, It will be announced when the ability is used. Sorry, I should of stated this earlier.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Announced how?

Mod post saying EVERYTHING HAS BEEN STOPPED BY UNKNOWN MEANS

or

Mod PM saying YOUR ACTION ARE HAS BEEN BLOCKZORED
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Grey / Sera

You still haven't distinguished the dimwittedness of merans as scum-tell over null-tell.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by kdowns »

It will be announced when it is used. In example (I don't really know how the mod will say it but along the lines of) " Wish has been used, and Night actions have been blocked."
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Meransiel »

In post 363, RayFrost wrote:Grey / Sera

You still haven't distinguished the dimwittedness of merans as scum-tell over null-tell.

Yep, keep downplaying the relevance of votes on you. I'm following.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Eh? They say you're scum, I don't see how you're scum instead of just bad at this game. This relates to votes on me... how?
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:48 am

Post by WrathChild »

OK, time to get to work. Random.org says my first PbP is Scott:

ISO #0: RVS onto the early Maru wagon. Nothing much to see here.
ISO #1: Interesting, a jump onto the subsequent bandwagon of Kdowns.
ISO #2: This is also a bit noteworthy. He bails off the Kdowns wagon following the claim of Genie from Kingdom Hearts. What really catches my eye is that he says "Also you rarely see the premature claim from scum even newbscum.", I find the opposite is most often true. Scum are more likely to claim if they think it will save there ass, newbscum are even more likely to.
ISO #3: GI calls him on it (+Town for GI), and Scott tries to Metajustify his response.
ISO #4: Promise catch up. Nothing much to see here.
ISO #5: Defends his +Town for Kdowns claim against MOI (+Town). Has an issue with Dekes #178 in which Dekes says Scott looks the worst following the Kdowns wagon. He seems to distort what Dekes said and OMGUS votes him. In addition Scott continues to advocate the Maru lynch soley based on him being useless. It's interesting that he brings up Maru's #241 in which Maru complains about Sera Tunneling on him. For some reason Scott felt it was necessary to defend Sera from Maru. Take a minute and think about that. Points a lurker finger at Dramonic and says all this talk is useless. This seems ironic that Scott is complaining about empty posts, when most of his are empty as well. It seems like he's complaining just to look town and not backing it up with any real content.

So purely following my first Random PbP:

+Town

GI
MoI

Null

Dekes
Ant_to_the_max
Maruchan
RayFrost
Hiraki
ToastyToast
Maxous
AGar
dramonic
Seraphim
Meransiel
SpyreX
kdowns

+Scum

Scott
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Can you show examples of ISO #2? I rarely if ever have seen a premature fakeclaim from newbscum. Certainly at L-1 or even L-2 but I don't believe kdowns was anywhere near that.

In terms of your empty posts point, I wasn't around, you can check my other games (besides modding) I wasn't posting anywhere else that weekend. dramonic has been posting all over the site and still has less than nothing in this game. Hence my point.

Are your town reads based on your read of me being scum? Trying to find connections this early in the game is generally futile until D2 as many times, people simply see what they want to see.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 am

Post by WrathChild »

Scum claim early all the time for a number of reasons. Here's some examples; Scum trying to fish out other roles or roles that would counter claim, Scum trying to create confusion (for example if Kdowns doesn't drop his Mass block when town expects him to then he gives a lame excuse like he was roleblocked), Scum trying to buy townpants (just like the ones you gave Kdowns), just to name a few.

I found it ironic that your main points against players were empty posts yet your posts are pretty empty as well (which you just admitted to).

Those aren't my 100% town reads, they are notes I made based on my read of your ISO, it is very temporary until I get around to doing more. However, the fact that I know I'm town and they caught something I caught makes me more apt to believe that they are town as well.

It's nice to know you have time to defend yourself from basically an FoS, but not enough time to put any body in your posts.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

I never said my posts were empty, please continue misrepping. I said I wasn't posting any volume, as I was not around for a few days. Quite different.

I don't care about your pretend examples/reasons. Give me ACTUAL examples from ACTUAL games. kdowns has a join date of about 2 months and is playing like someone who has been here for 2 months. If you really think he is master scum manipulator gambiting in the first 10 pages you are out of your mind.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:29 am

Post by WrathChild »

In post 370, Scott Brosius wrote:I never said my posts were empty, please continue misrepping. I said I wasn't posting any volume, as I was not around for a few days. Quite different.

I don't care about your pretend examples/reasons. Give me ACTUAL examples from ACTUAL games. kdowns has a join date of about 2 months and is playing like someone who has been here for 2 months. If you really think he is master scum manipulator gambiting in the first 10 pages you are out of your mind.

1. Empty posts are different than no posts and you know it. However, I can conceded the point that you may have misinterpreted my intent in discussing empty posts. I see no real benefit in argueing about the misunderstanding whether or not you admitted to hollow posting. The fact of the matter is that your posts have been very lite content.

2. This is my 5th game on this site. The first I was Town and it was a very unconvential role distribution (Cyclical Experiment) and claiming was pointless because the roles cycled. The second was American Gods and I was scum and we did in fact fake role claim for gambit purposes. It saved one of our guys from the noose and bought him about 3 days while we were able to mislynch others during that time. The third was Wizards at Sorceror's Den, and I was Third Party and there was a specific no-claim rule on top of multiple abilities per player that were not alignment related. The fourth is ongoing (SMBM II: Defense of Yoshi's Island) and I got NKed as Town Night 1. So those are the only REAL examples I can give you. However in my other Mafia Life, I've seen the full gambit of the examples I've mentioned and thensome.

3. I don't think Kdowns is a Master Scumanipulator, but I do think his early claim is more of a scumtell than a towntell and the fact that you tried to turn it into a towntell makes me suspicious of you. I could see his early claim as flailing newb-scum very easily.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:48 am

Post by GreyICE »

Too many of you are scummy for me to be happy.

Scott is town.

Wraith is not.

Meran needs dead. Wraith needs dead. Dramonic needs dead.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:46 am

Post by WrathChild »

Care to expand?
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:23 am

Post by kdowns »

Grey's posts have been pretty empty most of the time in this game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”