The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 744, Mastermind of Sin wrote:FTR...

In post 519, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Ellie wrote: I think Katsu is town here. He wouldn't have replaced out as scum.

Um, why? He’s just come off a rather bad string of scum losses where he was killed fairly early. Getting significant heat Day 1 as scum, especially from little ol Me, is certainly something I could see causing scum him to throw up his hands in a tantrum.

--

Vitamin wrote:See above. Having played with Kats face-to-face, this is my intuition about it.

Meh, I don’t buy it. See dram’s latest Large Theme Atomic Mafia and look at DGB. She basically played to her ‘Town meta’ that was supported by ‘face-to-face’ interaction and replaced out under pressure. Tada what do you know … she was scum.

I can understand your stance but don’t buy it.

That was DGB meta. And she universally replaced out of every game she played.
FLASH OF GREEN
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 749, Magister Ludi wrote:DEKES!!!!

Ok lets swing WoW.
Can we dig that, bloc?
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

In post 751, Andrius wrote:
In post 749, Magister Ludi wrote:DEKES!!!!

Ok lets swing WoW.
Can we dig that, bloc?

Umm no?

- Oversoul
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

hey mos did you know that dgb and katsuki are, in fact, two different people?

ludi, im definitely opposed to my lynch, sorry if that wasnt clear!
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Gut »

I was going to try for a flashwagon on Will-o-wisp, but he looks townish too. *sigh*

Can't we just lynch Vitascum? Andrius?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Andrius smells like the fish markets in the afternoon in summer right now. Damn shame he doesn't have a role.

Someone scummy is benefitting from this. I can smell it. tbh Andrius' asking me to get off Kanye was pretty bad. Also this late day shift smells like some sort of agreement behind the scenes.

I SMELL PEOPLE TALKING DURING DAY PHASE. Not all of them town.

If there is a neighbourhood and I was in it, I'd be wary right now.

Actually if there is one would someone like to share?

Also my vote on kanye is now serious. I'm getting hibbejibbes
Don't @ me.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by LordChronos »

I have apparently severely underestimated the amount of time and effort I need for courses/tutoring/orchestra this quarter, so I'm going to have to back out of this game.

Sorry all.

Mod: Replace me
I'm a talking computer.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Feysal »

Now this is surprising. I was pretty much picturing vultures circling over kanye and myself, and with both wagons at a stalemate I was anticipating a deadline scramble. I was already considering claiming now, so the decision could at least be an informed one, allowing the final wagons to be more readily analyzed after the fact, whichever of us ended up being lynched. And suddenly I see some of the key people pushing for my lynch wavering and considering other suspects. I know, you still think I'm scum, but I'll take what I can get. I did not replace into this game just to be summarily lynched.

I of course expect there to be scum both on my wagon and off it, and I've been looking at people who suspect me and people who claim not to, trying to sort out whose reasoning looks most suspect. I find it weird of course that both Andrius and Gandalf are voting me, and that they both unvoted and revoted accidentally. Furcolow was there too, seeing me as scum together with Will-o-wisp for I have no clue why. Wrong as usual. The one whose reason looks most suspicious though is Empking with his theory that PeregrineV was coaching me. I was about to shout at him for it, but there were two reasons why I cannot. The first is that PeregrineV has been missing for a while which made me uneasy about my initial town read on him, and the second is that once I thought about it, what PeregrineV said was indeed strange. I could easily see that as an overdone white knighting attempt.

Having noted PeregrineV's absence, I had a look at the activity overview, and discovered he had been gone for five days, longer by far than any other player. I next looked at his sitewide activity, to see if perhaps he was on an unannounced V/LA. Turns out that after his last post in this game, PeregrineV has posted over 60 times in other games, and signed up for one more.

This is Wizards at the Sorcerers' Den all over again. I might as well copypaste my case on PeregrineV from that game, because his disappearing act matches his scum meta perfectly. Simply put, I see PeregrineV as the type to lurk as scum, and he is doing an awful lot of that now. I liked his early posts, but not nearly enough to let this slide.

And to think that I criticized Dekes for still having his vote on PeregrineV... Now I'm about to join him. Seeing PeregrineV also on the kanye wagon gives me major doubts about that.

Unvote: kanyeknowsbest
Vote: PeregrineV

Our time is running out, and the way this is going, we need to consolidate our votes on one target quickly. I have lost faith on the kanye wagon, and right now PeregrineV is my best bet. For some strange reason he managed to evade being lynched for days in Wizards at the Sorcerers' Den, and seeing him slip into lurker mode again, I'll be damned before I give him a pass.

*ENGAGE CHEERLEADING MODE*

@VitaminR
: You voted PeregrineV earlier today. How do you feel about him now? What do you think about the case I provided? Would you vote him again?

@Empking
: I know you think PeregrineV and I are scum together. I don't care if you think I've decided to bus him, as long as you vote him. You're wrong about me, but I think you're right about him, and I'd much rather watch him flip from this thread than from the Haudh-en-Ndengin.

@Andrius
: I don't know if you have any real influence over a voting bloc, but if you do, put it to some good use. Have a look at PeregrineV, how active he is in other games compared to here, and then try to tell me he is not scum.

@Everyone else
: It looks like PeregrineV has passed through the day with fairly little attention on him. It is high time this was remedied. What do you think about him? Would you vote him?

I may yet end up lynched, but if I do, I will have done something useful before I go.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Empking »

Unvote, Vote: Pere
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Plum »

VOTE COUNT #1.13gandalf5166 - 1 - SpyreX
kanyeknowsbest -
- Will-o-wisp, mockingjaye, Wraith, Magister Ludi, Sun and Moon, Gut, PeregrineV, Espeonage
Feysal - 5 - Mastermind of Sin, MagnaofIllusion, LordChronos, Andrius, gandalf5166
LordChronos - 1 - VitaminR
PeregrineV - 3 - Dekes, Feysal, Empking
Will-o-wisp - 2 - kanyeknowsbest, Furcolow

Not Voting (2): Chronopie, Ellibereth

With 22 alive it will take 12 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 will be in 4 days.

FOUR DAYS! And I'm not going to figure out the countdown timer tags tonight, so tomorrow.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Now that will make a girl swoon.

Unvote, Vote: PeregrineV

Do you by chance have a fancy castle? I'd be a good bride?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 601, Feysal wrote:
In post 565, gandalf5166 wrote:Feysal is pretty likely scum. He's generally much more useful as town. I think the pissing match is an attempt to cover the fact that when he's scum, he usually doesn't have much to say.

I suppose it is time I began to address this.

It is true that I did not have much to say. But before you assume the reasons for this to be sinister in nature, I would like to remind you that I replaced into this game two days ago. Two days. That is barely enough time for me to get my bearings in a large theme game twenty pages long, even one that I was already reading, though it helped. For those two days I was keeping up with and responding to recent posts, including those by Furcolow. I realize of course the flavor was useless, why did you think I wrote "feel free to skip" on the spoiler tag? I simply had nothing better to do then, and I did enjoy watching Furcolow whine and wail about me supposedly having a grudge against him, and making an ass out of himself. Perhaps I had a bit too much fun with that, but it was not entirely wasted effort either. I can now safely ignore Furcolow for the rest of the game, since he is acting just like the useless village idiot I've grown accustomed to scorn, and he is probable town. That does not mean I would not like him to be vigged, and since now I've seen him actually ask for it, I don't even have to feel sorry about it.

Without further ado, I am now completely caught up with the game. I still have to do more ISO reads later and probably meta checks too, but for now I can at least start contributing something worthwhile.

TOWN READS
I am pressed for time right now, so I will leave out the reasons for these for now. If you want to know, you can ask. Stronger reads on top.
mockingjaye
PeregrineV
MagnaofIllusion
Dekes
SpyreX
Furcolow
Gut
Wraith
Magister Ludi
Ellibereth

NULL READS
Chronopie
Sun and Moon
Espeonage
Mastermind of Sin
Will-o-wisp
LordChronos

UNKNOWN
Andrius
gandalf5166

SCUM READS
Empking
- I have not yet checked the meta case on him, so this is partly because I have faith in MoI. However his ISO is full of nothing. His posts are mostly useless one-liners, and of the few posts that are not the majority are where he defends himself from MoI. I also really disliked his post #575, partly because PeregrineV is high in my town reads and I know there is no link between us, and partly because suspecting me does not match the implication that he got town vibes from me in post #531.

VitaminR
- For starters, post #228. He digs up a random vote to use as a reason to suspect PeregrineV, and ignored the much more useless random vote by Mastermind of Sin. I can understand finding a random vote suspicious, I was given grief myself the only time I ever used a die roll for that. MoS does that every game, but if VitaminR finds that sort of thing suspicious, I'd think he'd at least mention it. Then the explanation in post #359 is even worse. He says the vote was suspicious because using a joke reason took all potential pressure away from it. What? Most random votes I've seen have made up reasons, such as the player's avatar wearing a bowler hat, if they have any reasons at all. This is perfectly normal and accepted, and does not reduce the effectiveness of the votes at all. VitaminR should know better, and the way he singles out PeregrineV after Will-o-wisp already called attention to the same vote just reeks.

kanyeknowsbest
- Need I even explain this? Focused exclusively on Gandalf, barely even mentions anything else happening in game. Then there is mockingjaye's analysis in post #357, which I agree with completely.

Now which one to vote... I think I'd prefer VitaminR in fact, but since there is no wagon there that vote would probably be wasted.

Vote: kanyeknowsbest

In post 595, Furcolow wrote:I am way happier with it than Kanye, because of his logical fallacy (ad hominem) involving me.

Cut out the martyr act. You are a terrible player, everyone knows that, including yourself, since you eagerly play the village idiot card to defend yourself. I can say you are terrible without any ad hominem being involved. Oh, and ad hominem is not a logical fallacy. You trying to claim it is?
That
is a fallacy.

I find it especially hilarious that in the same post you first explained what OMGUS was, and then vote me for calling you an idiot.

In post 757, Feysal wrote:Now this is surprising. I was pretty much picturing vultures circling over kanye and myself, and with both wagons at a stalemate I was anticipating a deadline scramble. I was already considering claiming now, so the decision could at least be an informed one, allowing the final wagons to be more readily analyzed after the fact, whichever of us ended up being lynched. And suddenly I see some of the key people pushing for my lynch wavering and considering other suspects. I know, you still think I'm scum, but I'll take what I can get. I did not replace into this game just to be summarily lynched.

I of course expect there to be scum both on my wagon and off it, and I've been looking at people who suspect me and people who claim not to, trying to sort out whose reasoning looks most suspect. I find it weird of course that both Andrius and Gandalf are voting me, and that they both unvoted and revoted accidentally. Furcolow was there too, seeing me as scum together with Will-o-wisp for I have no clue why. Wrong as usual. The one whose reason looks most suspicious though is Empking with his theory that PeregrineV was coaching me. I was about to shout at him for it, but there were two reasons why I cannot. The first is that PeregrineV has been missing for a while which made me uneasy about my initial town read on him, and the second is that once I thought about it, what PeregrineV said was indeed strange. I could easily see that as an overdone white knighting attempt.

Having noted PeregrineV's absence, I had a look at the activity overview, and discovered he had been gone for five days, longer by far than any other player. I next looked at his sitewide activity, to see if perhaps he was on an unannounced V/LA. Turns out that after his last post in this game, PeregrineV has posted over 60 times in other games, and signed up for one more.

This is Wizards at the Sorcerers' Den all over again. I might as well copypaste my case on PeregrineV from that game, because his disappearing act matches his scum meta perfectly. Simply put, I see PeregrineV as the type to lurk as scum, and he is doing an awful lot of that now. I liked his early posts, but not nearly enough to let this slide.

And to think that I criticized Dekes for still having his vote on PeregrineV... Now I'm about to join him. Seeing PeregrineV also on the kanye wagon gives me major doubts about that.

Unvote: kanyeknowsbest
Vote: PeregrineV

Our time is running out, and the way this is going, we need to consolidate our votes on one target quickly. I have lost faith on the kanye wagon, and right now PeregrineV is my best bet. For some strange reason he managed to evade being lynched for days in Wizards at the Sorcerers' Den, and seeing him slip into lurker mode again, I'll be damned before I give him a pass.

*ENGAGE CHEERLEADING MODE*

@VitaminR
: You voted PeregrineV earlier today. How do you feel about him now? What do you think about the case I provided? Would you vote him again?

@Empking
: I know you think PeregrineV and I are scum together. I don't care if you think I've decided to bus him, as long as you vote him. You're wrong about me, but I think you're right about him, and I'd much rather watch him flip from this thread than from the Haudh-en-Ndengin.

@Andrius
: I don't know if you have any real influence over a voting bloc, but if you do, put it to some good use. Have a look at PeregrineV, how active he is in other games compared to here, and then try to tell me he is not scum.

@Everyone else
: It looks like PeregrineV has passed through the day with fairly little attention on him. It is high time this was remedied. What do you think about him? Would you vote him?

I may yet end up lynched, but if I do, I will have done something useful before I go.

Just so I fully understand, not only do I go from the 2nd strongest town read, but now I'm scum, and you are asking your 3-4 scum reads to vote for me?

So, if you can, walk me through those pulse-pounding five days from Post 601 to Post 757. Include not only my scummy activity, but the town activity that your 4 scumreads provided.

kthxbye
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

v/la for the next two days

will read peregrine when i get back or from my phone if i have the opportunity.
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Gut »

Unvote, Vote: PereV

Suffer not lurkerscum to live.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

actually that didnt take long to read

unvote vote peregrine
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by Furcolow »

vote: peregrinev

feysal, i haven't ever really thought you were scum, i was voting you and calling you scum because you are an asshole to me
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by Furcolow »

pretty sure we're at 7-7 with gut pulling off
Ludi, vote peregrine
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Wraith »

Oh wow, so a bunch of people are going to jump onto a completely random lurkerwagon started by FEYSAL who was joined by SPYREX and KANYE?

Fail.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:51 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Well, amazingly enough, I post about in the middle of the list and I'm a lurker. Well, I can take care of that.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:07 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 601, Feysal wrote:
SCUM READS
Empking
- I have not yet checked the meta case on him, so this is partly because I have faith in MoI. However his ISO is full of nothing. His posts are mostly useless one-liners, and of the few posts that are not the majority are where he defends himself from MoI. I also really disliked his post #575, partly because PeregrineV is high in my town reads and I know there is no link between us, and partly because suspecting me does not match the implication that he got town vibes from me in post #531.

Here I am town, and EmpKing is scum.

In post 711, Empking wrote:
1. I went back on him because I think its likely that he's scum with Pere.

Here I am scum with Feysal.

In post 757, Feysal wrote:
@Empking

Here I am scum, and EmpKing is town.

In post 757, Feysal wrote:The one whose reason looks most suspicious though is Empking with his theory that PeregrineV was coaching me.

EmpKing iswas scumtown, I am coaching scum Feysal(?).

In post 757, Feysal wrote:
Having noted PeregrineV's absence, I had a look at the activity overview, and discovered he had been gone for five days, longer by far than any other player.

Here I am not spamming the thread, so I am scum, but am I scum with Feysal, or with EmpKing?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Empking »

You quoted my reads to show Fey is inconsistent? Bad distancing.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 770, Empking wrote:You quoted my reads to show Fey is inconsistent? Bad distancing.

No, fellow scumbuddy, I quoted you because you're pointing out me and Feysal are scumbuddies.
And he's pointing out you and me are scumbuddies (in the middle).
Now, I'm not sure if I'm your scumbuddy or he's mine.

And yes, I've only mentioned once how he is aksing all of his previous scumreads to now vote for me.

But, since I'm not posting enough, I've decided to take to take the time to re-iterate that fact, and most likely will do so until asked to stop or Feysal is lynched (along with all of this scumbuddies).

Because tunneling is tech and town. :roll:
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:13 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 765, Furcolow wrote:

feysal, i haven't ever really thought you were scum, i was voting you and calling you scum because you are an asshole to me

I would like you to point out where I was being an asshole to you, since you're now voting me.

And I would also like to hear how you got the wincon: "You win when all the assholes are eliminated." because I am so jealous right now.

Butt seriously, brown nosing like this-

OK, I can't do this anymore. I'm laughing too hard.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:18 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 760, SpyreX wrote:Now that will make a girl swoon.

Unvote, Vote: PeregrineV

Do you by chance have a fancy castle? I'd be a good bride?

Sure, c'mon up.

Have some tea and crumpets, and explain to me about your feelings. I want to hear your feelings about me, and why you feel that way. You're so much prettier than all those other princesses, and they meant nothing to me.
So, share, and tell me what ails you.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 765, Furcolow wrote:

Also, you were voting Willow before me, so this is even weirder than it first reads.

In post 766, Furcolow wrote:pretty sure
we're
at 7-7 with gut pulling off
Ludi, vote peregrine

Who is the "we" in your post?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”