DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:24 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

One more vote puts IS in claiming position.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:31 am

Post by scooby »

No.
In post 1064, Untrod Tripod wrote:sigh

unvote IS

more tomorrow

In post 1074, DrippingGoofball wrote:I do want to say
this
about omelettes.

I only had one to give. I have no more.

Why did you post this?

In post 137, DrippingGoofball wrote:OMELET-EATING SCUM
VP Baltar
Lord Gurgi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

this
about omelettes.

why are you saying this now?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

By the way, I NEVER claim. I am totally against the practice.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Besides, Vollkan is your scum anyways. Dont let him fool you, he has no defense so he will conveniently find a reason to hide.

He hasnt defended himself for DAYS now. That would be because he is CAUGHT scum. He has NO DEFENSE.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:40 am

In post 1078, Internet Stranger wrote:By the way, I NEVER claim. I am totally against the practice.

OK, we won't wait for your claim, we'll just lynch you.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:41 am

In post 1077, VP Baltar wrote:
this
about omelettes.

why are you saying this now?

I'm tired of the hysterical speculation. It's been pretty over the top.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Porochaz »

this
about omelettes.

Your not exactly helping yourself.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:59 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

this
about omelettes.

Does not compute.

elvis wrote:God IS, it didn't have to go down like this. You could have just been like "hey I don't buy it until you give up the info" instead of throwing tantrums that drip with disdain.

Last night I received a message from the mod telling me that I had been on a blind date last night and my date offered me an omelet. Mod asked me if I would eat the omelette.

I thought, omelet?
DGB had been saying stuff about omelets.
So went and googled "omelet kids in the hall" and came up with The Chicken Lady character and sketches (there is one where she has a blind date and feeds him an omelet from eggs she lays herself). The Chicken Lady is this half-human, half-chicken lady who is extremely horny and trying to find love. I figured that DGB was my blind date and her role is The Chicken Lady. I mean, all yesterday she was looking for strapping young men and talking about omelets. I don't know for sure that it's her, but... come on.

I wasn't sure if I should eat the omelet (like what if it's poisoned?), but I was reasonably sure it was DGB and she was town, so I decided to eat it. I was curious. Mod sent me a message telling me that the eggs were fresh etc, but otherwise nothing happened to me.

So DGB is The Chicken Lady and she is looking for love. She sends people omelets at night which do nothing. I can attest to that. It's possible she's trying to find another character.
I don't know, but I have seen that in other shaft.ed games, so I think it's possible.

I cannot imagine that this is a scum role. Her night action is sending omelets, which do nothing.

a) elvis said she received a message that she was on a blind date, not that DGB sent her the omelette - seems quick to deduce that it was DGB. Maybe because after she ate it, she was told that she had now joined forced with third party DGB?

b) Search for "omelette" or "omelet" (as elvis spelled it a few times), DGB never mentioned the word prior to this claim. Kison had said it in post #270 and elvis had softclaimed in post #430, but DGB never used the word prior to elvis' claim.

c) If DGB is "looking for love" by sending eggs, then why would she only have ONE EGG to give?

Doesn't add up.
Last edited by shaft.ed on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigers ate my signature.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

have you ever considered how much time you could save by not typing color tags? I mean, over the course of your mafia career, it could be days worth of free time! EVERYBODY WINS.
YOUR AD HERE

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

lol @ shaft.ed having to edit that post to fix the green tags.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

you son of a bitch, mod
Last edited by shaft.ed on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR AD HERE

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 1083, ZeekLTK wrote:
this
about omelettes.

Does not compute.

elvis wrote:God IS, it didn't have to go down like this. You could have just been like "hey I don't buy it until you give up the info" instead of throwing tantrums that drip with disdain.

Last night I received a message from the mod telling me that I had been on a blind date last night and my date offered me an omelet. Mod asked me if I would eat the omelette.

I thought, omelet?
DGB had been saying stuff about omelets.
So went and googled "omelet kids in the hall" and came up with The Chicken Lady character and sketches (there is one where she has a blind date and feeds him an omelet from eggs she lays herself). The Chicken Lady is this half-human, half-chicken lady who is extremely horny and trying to find love. I figured that DGB was my blind date and her role is The Chicken Lady. I mean, all yesterday she was looking for strapping young men and talking about omelets. I don't know for sure that it's her, but... come on.

I wasn't sure if I should eat the omelet (like what if it's poisoned?), but I was reasonably sure it was DGB and she was town, so I decided to eat it. I was curious. Mod sent me a message telling me that the eggs were fresh etc, but otherwise nothing happened to me.

So DGB is The Chicken Lady and she is looking for love. She sends people omelets at night which do nothing. I can attest to that. It's possible she's trying to find another character.
I don't know, but I have seen that in other shaft.ed games, so I think it's possible.

I cannot imagine that this is a scum role. Her night action is sending omelets, which do nothing.

a) elvis said she received a message that she was on a blind date, not that DGB sent her the omelette - seems quick to deduce that it was DGB. Maybe because after she ate it, she was told that she had now joined forced with third party DGB?

b) Search for "omelette" or "omelet" (as elvis spelled it a few times), DGB never mentioned the word prior to this claim. Kison had said it in post #270 and elvis had softclaimed in post #430, but DGB never used the word prior to elvis' claim.

c) If DGB is "looking for love" by sending eggs, then why would she only have ONE EGG to give?

Doesn't add up.

You are being deliberately dense aren't you? I suggest you go read over DGB's day 1 posts and rescind this one.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 1086, VP Baltar wrote:
you son of a bitch, mod

teehee VP writes in pink, which is so giiiiiiirly!

<3
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I have a positive attitude towards menstruation.
YOUR AD HERE

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

:D Who doesn't?
Talk nerdy to me.

scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 am

Post by scooby »

Last edited by shaft.ed on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Lurconis »

The kids already explained all guys are jealous of menstruation and well all things women http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNal0O7yzvI

Menstruation talk aside If we are going to go with the dueling wagons I'm VOTE: Volkan I find IS more annoying than anything but Volkan is scummier.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Less false dichotomy, please. Hating on Lucornis for legitimising his vote by it.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

In post 1086, VP Baltar wrote:
you son of a bitch, mod

The pink text and avatar made me lol
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Fucking morons Vote Count
vollkan
(6) Internet Stranger, Porochaz, scooby, Medicated Lain, SpyreX, Lurconis

Internet Stranger
(5) vollkan, DrippingGoofball, elvis_knits, VP Baltar, Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
(1) Lord Gurgi
DrippingGoofball
(1) ZeekLTK

Not Voting: MrBuddyLee, evilpacman18, Untrod Tripod

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch or 8 to No Lynch

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by vollkan »

In post 1009, ZeekLTK wrote:Ok, I finished reading last night...

unvote
VOTE: DGB

Why the vote? Because: Where's the egg?

I highly doubt the egg "does nothing" as elvis claims, so obviously there is a purpose. What is it's purpose? My best guess at the moment is that you eat it: you join the chicken lady's cult. You don't eat it: you piss off the cult and they kill you.

If the egg REALLY WAS NOT THREATENING TO THE TOWN... then why hasn't DGB told us who she gave it to last night? And/or why has no one claimed that they received it? Because it's anti-town.

So here's what we need to do. We need to kill DGB right now. If she is a cult recruiter, then we seriously fuck the cult's day up. Right now they have 3 members: DGB, elvis, and [to be determined]. If we kill DGB today, that's it... the cult doesn't grow, we know half of the remaining members (again: elvis), they are a non-threat to the town for the rest of the game.

If we DON'T kill DGB today, she recruits someone else at night. Instead of having 3/16 members like they do now, they'll have 4/14 or even 4/13 members (assuming we lynch someone + 1-2 nightkills). Then, not only do they have another unidentified person, they also have a larger percentage of the town. If we wait another day, they'll have 5 out of anywhere from 10-12 remaining players (again, pending nightkills). Oh, guess what, at 5/10 they fucking win AND WE LOSE. The longer we wait, the harder it gets to destroy the cult, and we could lose as early as NIGHT 4.

And, if a cult doesn't exist... if we kill her and there is no indication of the cult, then that's still good too. Because then at least we don't have someone sending mysteriously unexplained eggs to people every night.

I played on here a few years ago, stopped for a while, but got the mafia-itch so I came back recently and I re-read all my old games plus a handful of others just to "get back into it". One of the MAIN THINGS that I noticed while re-reading all those old games was that townies CONSTANTLY got fucked over by not taking action against claims they didn't understand. Constantly. There are so many games out there where someone claimed something that didn't make sense (like passing out eggs at night!!!), but they convinced everyone that it's NOT MAFIA (usually it's not) so the townies stupidly just ignored it until finally they lost at the end of the game because, oh, guess what, that weird role they didn't understand actually had a few extra caveats that wasn't claimed and then they were completely fucked because they didn't deal with it when it first came up.

Since I'm town in this game, I'm NOT going to let that happen here. That fucking egg does SOMETHING and most likely it's NOT GOOD for the TOWN.

Zeek+7

For starters, the cult speculation is just bad; DGB has claimed a role that targets people - there is nothing to suggest that she is a cult recruiter. More importantly, there are plenty of fairly obvious reasons why a town PR would not claim their role, even if it was useless (WIFOM, for example). I find it highly implausible that you could have the insight to go into such elaborate depth about the dangers of cult-DGB and yet also be so blind.

MBL wrote:
At that point, vollkan, you posted three times in a few hours and ignored the topic of the Umbrage pile entirely, even though seven(7) players brought it to light.

I do recall that debate, and I think the reason why I didn't comment on it was that I didn't see/understand what was scummy about it, so I deferred commenting until it made sense...except I never came back to it.

Also, as reflected by:
The whole Umbrage-rage argument is too Fate + GreyICE like for me to even stomach reading. Suffice to say, this sort of thing is anti-town and null.

There was an element of "Ugh, wtf is this Umbrage stuff about" as I was reading.

IS wrote:]
You heard that? VOLLKAN IS SCUM. I have made a solid gold case where in any sane game he would have been hanging and I would have been swimming in GLORRYYY. But im losing the popularity contest, so this game is now being poisoned due to pride and insanity. Some people cant admit that im RIGHT.

You made A case, which I rebutted point by point.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Alright guys, time to make a post!

First, DGB #866... Two deaths one night, One death night two. I did some thinking about this. Gavin flavored death both nights, no flavor for one kill on night one. Unless we have a heavy amount of protecting/blocking roles, it seems unlikely that we have any more than two anti town killing parties. The fact that one is Gavin flavored, leads me to believe that he is a serial killer. Assuming this is correct, then we have one scum team, and one serial killer.

One other thing, I wonder if anyone has considered... is that when people die, their heads are weighed, check mod first post to see. Kison's heads were of course huge it seems.. I'm sure the largest in the game, probably a personal goal. I think it could be third party, and very likely the head crusher, given heavy flavoring. But then, considering two killing sides, how do these head weights count for such a player? ...Just something to think about.

Moving on...

Main reason I chose vollkan over IS: MBL already made the point in #824. Why did IS and Umbrage get different amount of points for the same thing, during the Umbrage lynching attempt? It seems far too convenient of an attempt to work on moving attention away from Umbrage and try leading people into another direction. Meanwhile, IS helped push over Umbrage.. seems like an unlikely scum buddy action to me. Looking at IS and Umbrage yesterday.. I don't see them being scum buddies, but the link with vollkan is very apparent. And furthermore, today:

In post 1000, vollkan wrote:
In post 999, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 997, vollkan wrote:I didn't vote for Umbrage because he didn't have the highest score. Umbrage had 5 points, but that was the extent to which I considered him to be scummy.

Whereabouts did Umbrage rank in relation to everyone else yesterday? I find it weird that you think that bit of rolefishing was the only scummy thing he did all game.

I really don't have time to do up the proper score table right now, but at the end of yesterday my scores were:

IS: 57
Umbrage: 55
EK: 55
Lurconis: 55
VPB: 55
Everyone else: 50

It's just emphasizing the point from yesterday. IS has more points than everyone else, but why? He was hardly involved in the game at all until yesterday, it just doesn't make sense that IS would have more points after everything Umbrage had done. Meanwhile, Umbrage's points are tied with 3 other people, but Umbrage is listed at the top of those. This is obviously just because Umbrage was found scum, but three other people have the same points.. why? And how can EK possibly be on this list when DGB isn't? No matter what their alignments, we know for a fact that their roles are linked.

So if we're voting for scum out of them, I'm sticking to vollkan. IS seems unlikely as a scummate to umbrage, and the play style doesn't ring serial killer, and there is logic in what he says... so it just doesn't seem likely...
I do, however, think that he is being an ass this game, and might consider voting him anyway if the attitude doesn't clear up, because it will just be a distraction in the game. For now, I think it might still be possible to move past it.

DGB, you made this post, but I have no idea what you meant by it?
In post 827, DrippingGoofball wrote:vollkan didn't vote Umbrage; however, he did vote IS, so vollkan was voting one scum (Umbrage), and suspecting the other (IS).

Also, since IS is scum, and he tried to deflect the Umbrage-Wagon-of-Sweet-Justice to vollkan a half a dozen times, that makes volkan town.

Furthermore DGB:
#894, you say vollkan is definitely town, but how can you be so sure? We already know that all you can do is give eggs to people, and you said yourself you only had one. How can you be so certain that vollkan is town?
To add on to this, I really want to know what this egg does too, and why would you choose to use it just first night if you only had one? I don't see the logic here.

With two killing parties, Zeek's #1009 third party cult idea is also not entirely out of the question... I thought EK was super town earlier, but today, she is so fixated on IS, and it came after attacking vollkan once (#804/806)... it seemed so sudden, to change opinion, and now I am not as sure about that way... honestly though, it still seems unlikely, and possibly just conspiracy spew. I am not entirely trusting of Zeek, especially after Imaginality's plays.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:32 am

Post by Lurconis »

@ML the head weighing thing comes from this sketch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jkm6aYYdB8 at around 3 minutes in and Kisons is so much higher because he was 30 women.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:12 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

@ML: The mod is playing the role of "Gavin"... which kill on Day 1 do you think is "Gavin flavored" and which one isn't? I thought he talked about both of them similarly...?
Tigers ate my signature.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”