Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Shinki »

I needed some effort to understand the situation here, never been in a large flavoured game like this before.
Apparently I'm a Loyalist to House Argelev, and my win condition is met when all danger to House Argelev and it's loyalists are no longe existant. (paraphrase)
PEdit: No houses then?

I can't really take sides on the SK/David wagon, 'cause both of them (players) are confusing at some point. But I guess some pressure can't hurt.
So, for now:

Vote: David Xanatos

FoS: SleepyKrew

Sorry If I mess something up, headache is killing me right now.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by MacDougall »

gandalf5166 wrote:PLEASE STOP HOUSE CLAIMING.

House Argelev is central to my wincon, I'm sure there are more dangerous roles for whom it is the same. Yes, I am not strictly town(although I am for the moment). The rightful heirs to the throne are all males of House Argelev. My role DOES say that all heirs to the throne are town. There are traitors within the house, but all the rightful heirs are town. And my role suggests that scum may have an alternate wincon of killing off all the heirs. So please stop.

So at some stage you're going to be not town, and working against us. Explain why you shouldn't just be lynched now then?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Shinki: I was wrong about SK being confirmed scum, but I guarantee you that DX is town.

No, I didn't say that. My alignment has the potential to change(and most roles in this game do, if you read the op from the signup thread) and it could end up locking onto town, or third party, or scum, depending on my actions. I certainly won't be making an effort to lock it in until I have a better idea of who's going to win. If you're the kind of town that would Lynch me for giving you information you needed, I will certainly be trying for scum.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

You don't Lynch me for the same reason you don't Lynch a survivor. Lynching me has exactly the same effect as if you left me alive and I decided to work against you(you get one less chance to Lynch scum), it's just more distracting.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by MacDougall »

I appreciate the sentiment and completely understand your point, but if what you say is true, and your role changes completely at your own whim, I can't see your heart remaining pure for long. Not many could withstand the lure of darkness.

I can't see how lynching you has the same effect as you working against us, not even close.

You best be careful from now on, revealing yourself as someone capable of nefarious acts is opening yourself up to incredible scrutiny. But for now my preference is still to lynch the man who proclaimed the rightful heir a scumbag and I cannot see how lynching David Xanatos is beneficial to the town at all.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Shinki »

#gandalf

And how do we know that you won't betray us? lol
That's more troublesome than anything I read from David or SK. :T

PEdit: It's more dangerous than a survivor, definitely, as survivors can't change their alignment to harm another factions.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by MacDougall »

In post 130, Shinki wrote:#gandalf

And how do we know that you won't betray us? lol
That's more troublesome than anything I read from David or SK. :T

PEdit: It's more dangerous than a survivor, definitely, as survivors can't change their alignment to harm another factions.

Oh, I believe he almost certainly will betray us. Those who, historically, have faced the choice he has before him, regularly choose the path of darkness.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 128, gandalf5166 wrote:You don't Lynch me for the same reason you don't Lynch a survivor. Lynching me has exactly the same effect as if you left me alive and I decided to work against you(you get one less chance to Lynch scum), it's just more distracting.

No no no.

We lynch you right now. Last few times you claimed something that isn't town but isn't bad to town you turned on us and killed us.

You die right now.

vote gandalf
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Shinki »

Indeed, that's not nice at all.

Unvote:
Vote: gandalf5166

Just because this situation is much less confusing than David/SK issue.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by MacDougall »

It's very odd that he would reveal so soon that he has a role that could prove to be our enemy. What is there to gain from it at all? He could have just as easily said the rest without telling us that part.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by monk »

David is town, Magua is not

VOTE: Magua
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by MacDougall »

In post 133, Shinki wrote:Indeed, that's not nice at all.

Unvote:

Your three posts have all set off alarm bells in my head Shinki. The David/SK issue isn't confusing at all if you'd bother to read it and then you waited until someone else popped the cherry before you voted on gandalf. What do you mean by "indeed, that's not nice at all?" You read as though you are just jumping on a chance to get the focus off of one of these two.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by samantha97 »

hi everyone ^-^

all of the beginning was pretty much over my head and i stopped reading midway through page 5 because it wasnt relevant to what i wanted to say now which is this:

usually what happens is people jump all over the posts of other people day 1 and what you end up with is a bunch of incriminated town, while the real enemies just happily let it happen

i think the wisest thing is to lynch no one anytime soon and get as close to the actual deadline as possible Image
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by MacDougall »

I appreciate that Samantha but I think that this case is a bit different. There are some actual happenings that seem to have disturbed some likely characters.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by samantha97 »

i will agree with lynching someone quickly if you can successfully argue that less time to get information before allowing member(s) of town to be killed at night is beneficial to town Image
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by MacDougall »

I cannot make that argument. The longer we wait the better. That part I agree with. It was the seeming disregard of the goings on of the first day so far that I disagreed with.

Though there is a case for removing gandalf from the game asap since he seems to be capable of moving into multiple roles in an unforeseen manner.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by samantha97 »

my take on the tone of his posts was that the decisions he would be making would happen at night, but both of our guesses are equally baseless enough to not cripple town day 1 by rushing a lynch, right? Image
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Shinki »

#MacDougall

Not really, I was just eating cake in the meantime and when I came back he already did it.

inb4 the cake is a lie.

All the discussion concerning SK and David still a mess in my head, so I'd prefer to vote for something I find myself worth of voting, and not something that I don't quite understand.
And "Indeed, that's not nice at all" was an answer to your post, not vezokpiraka's.
This one:
In post 131, MacDougall wrote:[quote="In post 130 Oh, I believe he almost certainly will betray us. Those who, historically, have faced the choice he has before him, regularly choose the path of darkness.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Ahhh fair enough!

Samantha: My thought is, it's day 1 and we are likely to lynch a good guy on day 1 just by sheer chance. Now we have before us, not an outright scumbag, but someone with potential to be one, and potential to be not one. Wouldn't it be better to rid ourselves of this worry early? I'm not suggesting we do it fast, but I am suggesting that we certainly do it.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by samantha97 »

then you will unvote if it should get near a lynch? Image
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by MacDougall »

My vote isn't on him at the moment.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by samantha97 »

carry on then ;-; Image
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by MacDougall »

As I said earlier, I must defend the rightful heir from ANYONE who is against them and SK fits that mold better than anyone right now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 79, David Xanatos wrote:
Nero: I was under the impression you meant the post directly above mine.

..............................................................................................

You mean the one you claim you didn't see? Your line "Very nice catch, tclawren." makes absolutly no sense in a responce to...

In post 18, tclawren wrote:MOAR SK VOTESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And like you said you didn't see it so you must have been refering to TC's "catch" in 14.

So you feel my accusation that you were sheeping is false b/c there was 1 min btween post 17 and your vote?

But you just got done saying...

Yes, my vote was influenced by tclawren pointing that out.

Wich means you DID see his vote before yours.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

In post 133, Shinki wrote:Indeed, that's not nice at all.

Unvote:

This post really stinks.

FOS:Shinki

In post 139, samantha97 wrote:
i will agree with lynching someone quickly
if you can successfully argue that less time to get information before allowing member(s) of town to be killed at night is beneficial to town Image

Not a big fan of this bolded either.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by MacDougall »

In post 148, Nero Cain wrote:
Nero: I was under the impression you meant the post directly above mine.

..............................................................................................

You mean the one you claim you didn't see? Your line "Very nice catch, tclawren." makes absolutly no sense in a responce to...

In post 18, tclawren wrote:MOAR SK VOTESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And like you said you didn't see it so you must have been refering to TC's "catch" in 14.

The nice catch tclawren post was in response to:

In post 14, tclawren wrote:@SK-I'M A FUCKING LOYALIST OK. AND I BELONG TO HOUSE ARGELEV.

NOW TAKE A LOOK UP AT THE PROVIDED VT PM AND GIVE ME A GOOD FUCKING REASON WHY WE SHOULDN'T LYNCH YOUR FAIL 3RD PARTY ASS.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”