Mini 1246 - Bizarro Mafia: ...Mate! Who won?

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Otolia »

Hi guys, did I miss the part where the setup is explained ?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 31, mozamis wrote:so i guess scum will be trying to figure out who the dic or tracker is. was there another power role?

Apparently not.
Thus the goal of the town is to promote enough discussion for the town PR to pick a target before the scum kill someone.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Otolia »

I am against pseudo-voting for someone until the kill is done by the Mafia. Voting clearly identify the danger for the scum. We have to work without in order to set-up a clean field for the PR to work with. Once the kill is done and provided that the PR didn't die, we can work on agreeing upon the Night Lynch.

What do you think that ?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 62, hiplop wrote:i have META on mozamis btw, this doesnt SEEM like him town.

Do you have anything remotely useful other than metaclaim after 3 pages ?

GUYS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, THIS IS NOT A KINDERGARTEN ! :mad:
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Otolia »

Learn to read VisceralEyes :

In post 52, Otolia wrote:I am against pseudo-voting for someone until the kill is done by the Mafia. Voting clearly identify the danger for the scum. We have to work without in order to set-up a clean field for the PR to work with. Once the kill is done and provided that the PR didn't die, we can work on agreeing upon the Night Lynch.

What do you think that ?

You should answer that question instead of fluffing like a 13 years old.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 68, VisceraEyes wrote:BOTH possible PR's need to act BEFORE the night-kill, as they relate DIRECTLY to the night-kill. I think helping scum pick their targets IN THIS SETUP is actually BENEFICIAL for town, so no, I don't agree with your bullshit idea.

Now I'd appreciate it if you'd hang from the neck until dead.

Watcher =/= Tracker

/facepalm
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Otolia »

Ok, I'm gonna go the 'maieutikê' way.

Why did you said it was beneficial to the town if we help the scum picking their targets ?
What does a tracker ?
What does a watcher ?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Otolia »

Tracking is related to the people accomplishing the action, thus it doesn't matter which person the scum is likely to kill because what matters for the tracker is who is gonna make the kill. Giving your reads is fine, pseudo-voting is not because when you can express your reads on many people, you can only vote for one which clearly pinpoint the danger for the scum and manipulate that to their liking.

The tracker has to pick a target before the scum and that's a hindrance, but likewise the scum has to decide which townie to kill. That's a race against time between town PRs and scum and when we are before the kill, we shouldn't vote.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Otolia »

When you are confronted to something you don't understand, you try to analyze it, you don't jump on it and start to bash your head in order to make it work.

Speaking about an unusual setup is contributing in every way of the word.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Otolia »

Your RQS was quite pointless if I may say so, but if you want me to answer it so that you can get your reads so be it.

1) I like you but you are not a poet.

2) I have an insanely good logical intuition.

3) I try to anticipate but probably ends up reacting in most cases because I value adaptation over preparation

4) I live it that world in the sense that I am smarter than most thus less likely to be wrond. I do lie but most of the times it has nothing to do with intelligence.

Indeed my main concern is the detrimental influence of VisceralEyes who is doing perfectly what he wanted to chase people for :

In post 35, VisceraEyes wrote:For my part, I'll be focusing on those of us who are more interested in spamming the thread than actually scumhunting. There are already a couple of good candidates, which is actually NOT a good sign.

When you end up doing what you want to accuse people for, you are either dumb or not paying attention to your own reasons and both of them deserve attention from the town.

Aside from him, Whiskers and Mozamis didn't say much, you stand out as very neutral. Others can't be read right now.

@Whiskers : The best way to catch scum in a time race.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 102, mozamis wrote:But lets not put too much hope in our PR's -we have only a doc and a tracker after all.

The setup is open; You know everything about the role and the mechanics.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 124, Junpei wrote:Now we have the Whiskers kill... I think that the main reason for this is that his "I caught 1 PR and 1 scum" seemed like a double threat of possibly being a PR and maybe actually of having found something, so scum hastily killed Whiskers. This is important to note, as it shows the personality of the scum team. Also note that it is very very likely that scum have
day
night talk. These two things should help us going forward deciding who to lynch.

This kill is basically random, it showed nothing due to the limited time before the kill.

I am suspicious of Internet Stranger, ace and Wasabi.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Otolia »

Wasabi came to post a contentless post saying that he will post content in a near future. That's scummy trying to blend in.
Internet Stranger has mentionned mozamis twice for 'trying too hard' which is far-fetched. He is supposed to know better.
Ace is more a gut feeling.

Mozamis could be right up there too but I don't have the feeling on him.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #13) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 145, Internet Stranger wrote:I prefer to keep the votes undeclared, at least day 1. Youre going to get more information from possible scum voting blocks from the reveal tomorrow than these big public executions. Scum know this. Scum are TERRIFIED of this. If scum dont know how townies are going to vote, who would they vote for? Do they jump in two together on someone? Do they spread the votes out? So much information is going to be present tomorrow, but its all going down the toilet if we let the scum manipulate our votes during the day.

You just earned yourself a lot of credit with that small paragraph. I endorse all the above.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Otolia »

I'd like to hear from
ThirdKoopa
Wasabi
and
TehBrawlGuy
. You guys have been awfully quiet.

Topics you could discuss : Darox's elusive Behavior, your own absence, who you like to vote for, the reasons Whiskers was killed and so on.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 230, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I'm going to side with Pads here. I actually had a feeling we would ML yesterday. It just seemed far too convenient that ISMaf would slip that hard, and also that he'd get pushed so much by what was essentially everyone save Hiplop/Darox. (this is part of the reason why I still don't trust Ace 100%) Bottom line is that you simply can't not support a lynch on that, though, or else you devolve into wine.

That's the thing, IS didn't slip in any definition of the word. He made valid cases which though certainly scum motived were pro-town. Sometimes it happens that you are lynched D1 as scum though you didn't do anything dangerous. Playing too town oriented is sometimes detrimental when you are scum. But that's off-topic.

Darox is disguised as the funny/elusive guy of the town. I dislike that because it's much more difficult to get a read on that. Getting rid of him early may be beneficial in the long run.

Concerning the Night lynch, I'd say it is a town favored mechanics. It allows us to lynch even when not every townie agree on something. However it's a double-edged sword since it can fires back when the scum votes for 2 people. IS may have been visionary on the perfect tactics for town. If everyone is vocal and un-ambiguous about their vote, it makes easy for the scum decide which wagon is better. Now it's also difficult because townies have to keep a guideline in order not to look scummy and draw too much attention.

Important !

I propose that we could pre-night state 2 persons we want to vote for. During the Night, we have to vote for one of those or vote No Lynch. That way scum gets way less room to maneuver and it corners liar and similar behavior. What do you say about that ?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Otolia »

Seeing how the game went down, I would say that the general mechanics is this game were interesting but overall bad. The influence of voting pattern on scumhunting was overlooked and it ends up favoring a scum win totally randomly. Considering ace bussed twice while still being able to get away was surprising considering he hadn't much to show as town.

I am now sure that keeping books on voting intentions would have been the best way to corner scum to choose between being honest and trying to manipulate the town. Aside from that, there isn't much to say, the game was enjoyable though very short for the town PR.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”