monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:16 am

Post by monk »

In post 399, Killjoy wrote:Monk's an idiot. So he gets the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks sugar you don't look too bad yourself.

Empking wrote:
Wouldn't your time be spent calling monk out for being scum. "My scum reads happen to be the players with votes on them. Me totally scumhunting."

Because wondering why two of the more vocal players have no opinion nor have even mentioned each other is not analyzing and scumhunting, pull the other one.

Less fluffy post today when its not 1 in the morning, lets aim for about 11 hours time
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:27 am

Post by Empking »

Ha ha ha ha.

You're trying to arguie that mut and Kill are vocal player. lolscum.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Whiskers »

Whispersilk has 30 posts-- that's ten more posts than Killjoy.
Also, Whispersilk, get back into this game, we're not done with you yet.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:27 am

Post by whispersilk »

/scurred

You know what I want to do? I want to lynch the towniest looking player.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Hiraki »

Sorry, can't lynch myself.

Try again.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:46 am

Post by whispersilk »

I've not been playing this game long, but I've noticed that D1 ends in a mislynch almost every single game. Why? Because naturally we all end up lynching the scummiest looking player. But what kind of scum comes off as scummy on day 1? None. Because they are all either taking a back seat, or doing their very best to act as towny as possible. Therefore, imo, it makes sense to do a complete 180 and lynch the player that appears the most town.

Basically, I'm not too keen on lynching seemingly scummy players on day 1 and day 2, because I think scum are out there acting town and doing their best to make town players look like scum, especially those that have that scummy vibe anyway.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Hiraki »

You know.

That's really odd.

Not sure if you're trying to be creative or trying to avoid scumlynch.
Killjoy
Killjoy
Goon
Killjoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Killjoy »

In post 405, whispersilk wrote:I've not been playing this game long, but I've noticed that D1 ends in a mislynch almost every single game. Why? Because naturally we all end up lynching the scummiest looking player. But what kind of scum comes off as scummy on day 1? None. Because they are all either taking a back seat, or doing their very best to act as towny as possible. Therefore, imo, it makes sense to do a complete 180 and lynch the player that appears the most town.

Basically, I'm not too keen on lynching seemingly scummy players on day 1 and day 2, because I think scum are out there acting town and doing their best to make town players look like scum, especially those that have that scummy vibe anyway.

Who would that be?

I see the logic, but you are operating under the assumption that scum players are infallible and thus incapable of scummimess. Nick name this game crazy town.

---

Monk, don't take it that way, Bud. I just consider your play to not be scum play. Rather, bad town play as a result of inexperience.
I only play mafia during the week days.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:16 am

Post by whispersilk »

In post 406, Hiraki wrote:You know.

That's really odd.

Not sure if you're trying to be creative or trying to avoid scumlynch.

Not trying to avoid anything. I have reason to think the way I do. In my last open game (and Empking can attest to this because he was a mime), I was a vig, and tbh, I was AWOL from the game the entire first day, I think I just made my confirm post and one RVS post, and then I didn't come back until night 1. I spent a long time reading the game, and ISO'ing everyone, and I came to the conclusion that I was going to kill someone, but not the people that everyone said I should, or even the scummy looking players. I shot someone that no one expected, and I ended up hitting a mime (which took the other one out of the game). Night 2, I shot the player that appeared most town and most helpful and most logical and most everything a towny should be. He was a goon. I lynched the other goon the next day.

I think it's just not as simple as lynching the scummy players. We have to be smart about this.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Hiraki »

I think that's the exception.

Not the rule.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:24 am

Post by whispersilk »

Then why do town end up being mislynched in almost every single mafia game?
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:26 am

Post by whispersilk »

And my experience is not just limited to that game. It's every game I'm in. Town have come off as scum, while the scum appear town, and the first two days end in a mislynch.

Anyway, enough game theory. Sorry.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 410, whispersilk wrote:Then why do town end up being mislynched in almost every single mafia game?
Because getting a flawless victory isn't as easy as pie, and isn't the most probable thing to ever happen.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:50 am

Post by whispersilk »

It's not a case of a flawless victory. I'm talking about day 1 and day 2 lynches, and how they are usually mislynches. This seems to be the case regardless of which side ultimately wins the game.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Hiraki »

Usually is a broad term.

I've seen it happen with a slight majority with your opinion. Not a large majority as you are displaying.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Whiskers »

VOTE: Hikari

@Silk: Okay, sure-- but isn't the usually best policy to lynch/vig the most neutral players?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Hiraki »

person who you don't like because they're not active(wants dead)

person gets active and actually does decent discussion(by coincidence)

person gets a vote.

whiskers, whiskers, whiskers.

this will be a finale.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Wait, you got active? Where? I missed it. Aw MAN, I MISSED it when you FINALLY got ACTIVE!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!!
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by monk »

VOTE: Killjoy
This is where my vote should be and the reason Killjoy wins this lucky prize is:
In this post He links together Whiskers and Zed, calling both out on their wishy washy behaviour and voting Zed.
Then in this post He calls Whiskers scummier than Zed and decides not to move his vote, he doesn't do this for nearly another 100 posts(2hrs) but he decides that rather than voting for Whiskers he wants to reread and reassess the wagon he's on, it doesn't make sense with what he has said his current reads are.

This post, this post is quite a fluff piece, but also interesting:
In post 397, Killjoy wrote:Ya. I have been looking at his games his meta is to give curt replies with not much analysis. Gonna be a problem unless he is cleared through actions and all that jazz.

My reads on Everyone are just glances at their playing style. I felt comfortable with Zed as scum, but the others, especially after Zed's flip do not give me confidence.

Losing the Jailkeeper also lowers my confidence since I headed that lynch. :/

I feel like Mute wouldn't push that hard on a player who would flip a very pro-town power.

He claims sorrow over the Day 1 mislynch, even though it was myself and Mute who were pushing it, it seems to me that he's just fluffing around wanting to see who will be carried away he's wary of being in the spotlight and doesn't want to go there so is AtE as much as he can for his survival.
Modding:
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 417, Whiskers wrote:Wait, you got active? Where? I missed it. Aw MAN, I MISSED it when you FINALLY got ACTIVE!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!!
Well the unique feature of forum mafia is that you don't need to be here when I'm active! You can just scroll the posts back, and look what I said!

Shouldn't be hard for the likes of you...

I'm probably overestimating though!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Whiskers »

Well... #347, #354, and #357 are
kinda
close together... Is that when you mean? Is that when you were active?
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:56 am

Post by monk »

Whiskers you are about as useful as a haddock in heat. In fact I think you are being uncharacteristically fluffy.
Major FoS Whiskers
Modding:
Killjoy
Killjoy
Goon
Killjoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Killjoy »

Monk, are you voting me because I called you an idiot? :/

If you are going to use my inability to choose a person to vote, and lack of enthusiasm, go ahead. I'm not hiding it.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Whiskers »

So, why CAN'T you choose a pony to vote? Why do you have a lack of enthusiasm, all of a sudden?

monk: I'm being at least as useful as Hikari. [/blameshuffle]
Killjoy
Killjoy
Goon
Killjoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Killjoy »

Because I am going to get flack for my vote.

---

It would be you by the way. Mainly do to your activity level being higher than pretty much all of the town and my uneasiness at your day 1 play.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”