sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:18 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 283, Junpei wrote:
In post 282, sottyrulez wrote:Yeah okay I read Junpei's case on Anxiety and I still don't get it.

Can you state specifically where you are having troubles seeing my points? Saying "I don't get it" is pretty noncommittal and vague.

Actually no, I'd like 4nxi3ty to address my case, it'll help determine his alignment that way.

Yes this is why I didn't go in detail about why.

Also calling the player town is anything but vague and non committal btw.

Also more coming RE:Fishy and crab love affair, but I need to talk to Zach and he is not around right now. So to be continued.

~Sotty
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:18 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 301, 4nxi3ty wrote:*finds magic bullet*
*ponders*
*looks at reflection in mirror*

Yeah, stop this please.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:35 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I don't understand why Fishy is making the argument between ourselves and Crab to be almost strictly Scum v Town. Post 292 seems to be him talking about the argument in his own words (I obviously disagree) but I don't really see how us being WRONG to Fishy makes us auto scum.

It's like he breaks the fight down and votes us for being wrong, but I still don't get why that makes us scum. See logical players will do that and logical scum players can take anything and make it scummy and I kinda feel like that's what he doing here. I think I need more explaination on why the actions we did are scummy OUTSIDE being wrong. Cause like, townies can be wrong too. Townies are more likely to be wrong right?

I'd also like more Fishy reads that aren't us or Crab.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p...52754#p3452754]post 299[/url], Fishythefish wrote:
You were the second vote on ace. Hardly a momentous bandwagon. And since then, you've been totally ignoring CC, except this gem:

We still think Crab is scum. But we know when we're beat. The VP head of Crab cannon is freaking EXCELLENT when he is scum, at taking an argument, twisting it on it's head and making it a personal battle. This is what has happened in this game and it is also what happened in Pie E7 mark II. That will provide meta for three players in this game cause Vi is also in there. But it starts from post six where we start to pressure VP right away and if you read though you'll see how quick things get messy.

I'm not interested in playing that all over again. The game got bogged down and everyone got all shitty and crabby (har har) but yes. We made an internal choice to deflate the fight between us and Crab to stop the stupid mass posting, and to let the game breathe. I wanted to see what other people would do when the stage wasn't hogged up by us and Crab. I also wanted to see if maybe I was wrong and that I read Crab wrong, so I wanted to see what he would do when we weren't in his face. The answer is not a lot really. So yes, he is still a scum read. But no he isn't our only scum read.

~Sotty.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Vi »

saulres 293 wrote:If I understand you correctly, oh silent one, you're saying that Ace is being voted for because he was heavily attacking Junpei, then with no warning whatsoever dropped the case, incriminated himself by supporting CC and voting sottyrulez, and then -- returned as a Muslim?
*shakes prayer rug from shirt sleeve*
*kneels eastward on prayer rug*

*shakes head*

Vi 290 wrote:*palms magic bullet*
*places magic bullet into magic gun*
*shoots self*
In post 257, Vi wrote:
In post 255, ace5993 wrote:Name mix-ups are VERY important to look at, who's the least likely to mess up a name and in what situation? HINT: Scum usually have pretty good ideas of who their scumbuddies are.
*nods head and smiles*

Vi 253 wrote:
In post 227, Crab Canon wrote:not you. I mean SR and
a
c
e
suddenly turning tail.
In post 228, Crab Canon wrote:*Anxiety

Crab Canon 256 wrote:You realize he was saying I'm scumbuddies with you. You're saying I'm scumbuddies with you?
*pulls invisible steam whistle*

Vi 290 wrote:*goes offstage*
*returns onstage dressed as
fakir

sottyrulez 304 wrote:It's like he breaks the fight down and votes us for being wrong, but I still don't get why that makes us scum. See logical players will do that and logical scum players can take anything and make it scummy and I kinda feel like that's what he doing here. I think I need more explaination on why the actions we did are scummy OUTSIDE being wrong. Cause like, townies can be wrong too. Townies are more likely to be wrong right?
sottyrulez 304 wrote:The VP head of Crab cannon is freaking EXCELLENT when he is scum
:neutral:
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:54 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 304, sottyrulez wrote:The VP head of Crab cannon is freaking EXCELLENT when he is scum, at taking an argument, twisting it on it's head and making it a personal battle.

No chopping quotes, bad Vi.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Granted I have terrible sentence structure, but I thought it was clear that I meant Crab makes personal spat fights as scum. It's his MO.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:13 am

Post by ace5993 »

Fishy is town and speaking the truth. I think sotty and Crab could be scum together though.

sotty's #304 is
horrible
random flailing. It's completely insufficient reasoning to justify his vote switch. I
still
await sotty's case on me.

Confirm Vote: sottyrulez
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:42 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

*looks at audience*
*shrugs*
*looks at stage*
*sits down*

*takes out cigarette*
*lights it*
*exahles juniper smoke*
*shakes head*

*places to the side*

*takes out another*
*lights it.inhales deeply*
*exhales green smoke*

*holds cigarette in one hand*
*makes fist of the other*
*ties the two with string*
*lights string*
*sparks ignite*
*cigarettes disappear*

*Shouts*

*waits til next act*
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:43 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

*looks at ace*
*looks at clock*
*holds weight menacingly overhead*
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:17 am

Post by saulres »

Why are you doing that?

4nxi3ty, I served with Vi, I knew Vi, Vi was a friend of mine. 4nxi3ty, you're no Vi.*

*disclaimer: I haven't actually played with Vi before. But I couldn't resist the quote.

Speaking of Vi, who isn't speaking:

Dictionary.com definition of fakir wrote:

noun
1. a Muslim or Hindu religious ascetic or mendicant monk commonly considered a wonder-worker.
2. a member of any Islamic religious order; dervish.

You think he's a wonder-worker!

No, that can't be right. Must be some other meaning you're ascribing to it which I don't understand. Nevertheless, I believe now that what you're saying is that Ace incriminated himself with his exchange as you displayed in 257.

So, to Ace. I do find this funny:
In post 249, ace5993 wrote:^good posting. I don't really agree with most of it

But I'm not seeing anything solidly scum, so I have no scum-read-reason to vote for him.

Having said that: I'm going to be V/LA -- more than V/LA, completely inaccessible -- starting a little less than 48 hours before day deadline, extending to sometime during game night. This means my vote's going to be locked in around that time and unchangeable, so I want it as right as possible before then.

Or, for the day to end before then. I'm starting to think at this point that a flip of -- several players -- would be quite illuminating. So if someone whose flip I think would be revealing gets to L-1, I'll probably be willing to hammer.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Crab Canon »

The thing is sottyrulez, you're just painting me like I'm some diabolical genius. You're saying 'town and scum can both be wrong.' So, in that situation where you were entirely wrong and greatly persistent about it despite being completely incorrect, how do you feel I should have read that? How would you read that if the tables were reversed?

I'm not going to lie that I have high expectations for you two, but I think you guys hold me up to a similar standard. I try not to have any kind of burden of proficiency for you, but it truly does bother me that you chose to get into a rhetorical argument with me rather than just say 'I dun messed up there.' I don't see anything about what I did as a 'personal spat.' you came at me hard with a terrible case. I pointed out why I thought said case was terrible based upon what transpired in the thread. How is that me making it some kind of spat?

If sotty flips scum, Anxiety needs to go next. Anxiety may need to go anyway based upon his continuing effort to active lurk and make unfounded accusations.

Saulres, if you're leaving for the rest of the game day, I highly encourage a sotty vote. They are scum big time, imo. It will give lots of information as well.

Sorry this is a brief post. I am in the process of moving. Juls should have something more substantial very soon.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:03 am

Post by saulres »

In post 312, Crab Canon wrote:Saulres, if you're leaving for the rest of the game day, I highly encourage a sotty vote.

I won't be leaving before Wednesday (sorry if that wasn't clear), but I've taken your thoughts (and those of others, as well as my own) into advisement.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:12 am

Post by springlullaby »

Yeah, no will read tomorrow. Sorry.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 am

Post by sottyrulez »

If wishes were fishes.

Crab, what happens when we flip town?
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 298, 4nxi3ty wrote:i didn't want to go through the whole case so i just picked the points i felt were most important at this juncture.

CC's vote:
In post 138, 4nxi3ty wrote:...votes don't have to be used for pressure.

for instance seeing aces response to my revote.

In post 167, 4nxi3ty wrote:
when i originaly placed my vote on CC i thought the crab was null and was trying to gauge ace. afterwards sottyrulez brought up some valid points

i stated my reasons for voting CC and if you disagree with sotty's points that's okay for now.

blatant misrep:
In post 178, 4nxi3ty wrote:do you agree with junpei, that not answering questions=scum?

or maybe ignoring some questions to avoid circular arguements is better?

this post was mostly directed at CC to figure out the responses that were going on at the time. it was not my intention to misreprensent you though i do see how it can come off that way.

In post 220, Vi wrote:
*shakes pant leg*
*collects firework that falls out of pant leg*
*aims rocket between Crab Canon and sottyrulez*
*lights rocket*
*runs in other direction*

*waits for smoke to clear*
confirms vote on ace5993

In post 223, 4nxi3ty wrote:good aim
unvote,vote: ace
i'll let you decide if there was a good reason to stop the 1v1 between sottyrulez and crab canon. Also i had already recieved a reaction post from ace.

1) I don't see a post anywhere in which you describe what you learned from that vote at all. Seems like a poor coverup for a BW vote.

2) No, you definitely misrepresented me there, there is no doubt about it.

3) Respond to the rest of the case, and stop talking like vi.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 303, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 301, 4nxi3ty wrote:*finds magic bullet*
*ponders*
*looks at reflection in mirror*

Yeah, stop this please.

QFT

In post 304, sottyrulez wrote:I don't understand why Fishy is making the argument between ourselves and Crab to be almost strictly Scum v Town. Post 292 seems to be him talking about the argument in his own words (I obviously disagree) but I don't really see how us being WRONG to Fishy makes us auto scum.

It's like he breaks the fight down and votes us for being wrong, but I still don't get why that makes us scum. See logical players will do that and logical scum players can take anything and make it scummy and I kinda feel like that's what he doing here. I think I need more explaination on why the actions we did are scummy OUTSIDE being wrong. Cause like, townies can be wrong too. Townies are more likely to be wrong right?

I'd also like more Fishy reads that aren't us or Crab.

We still think Crab is scum. But we know when we're beat. The VP head of Crab cannon is freaking EXCELLENT when he is scum, at taking an argument, twisting it on it's head and making it a personal battle. This is what has happened in this game and it is also what happened in Pie E7 mark II. That will provide meta for three players in this game cause Vi is also in there. But it starts from post six where we start to pressure VP right away and if you read though you'll see how quick things get messy.

I'm not interested in playing that all over again. The game got bogged down and everyone got all shitty and crabby (har har) but yes. We made an internal choice to deflate the fight between us and Crab to stop the stupid mass posting, and to let the game breathe. I wanted to see what other people would do when the stage wasn't hogged up by us and Crab. I also wanted to see if maybe I was wrong and that I read Crab wrong, so I wanted to see what he would do when we weren't in his face. The answer is not a lot really. So yes, he is still a scum read. But no he isn't our only scum read.

~Sotty.

tl;dr: We think Crab is scum but don't see how us being wrong makes it Town vs. Scum. We believe he's scum but not sure and not willing to maintain an argument with him out of fear of losing.

While shortened it may not seem that bad but something about it rubs me entirely the wrong way. I don't like it.

VOTE: sottyrulez
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

This wagon is terrible and getting even worse with the reasoning for subsequent hop ons.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 317, Shift wrote:

tl;dr: We think Crab is scum but don't see how us being wrong makes it Town vs. Scum. We believe he's scum but not sure and not willing to maintain an argument with him out of fear of losing.

While shortened it may not seem that bad but something about it rubs me entirely the wrong way. I don't like it.

She was challenging Fishy's assumption via his point of view. That wasn't what she was saying at all.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 215, Crab Canon wrote:They've dug in their heels and seem to want to paint me as some kind of word twisting, lawyer dog that can't be trusted. I think that's a pretty common smear campaign scum use, and I get vibes of their play in WWF Road to Wrestlmania when I had them pegged as scum and they claimed I was misrepresenting their play and blah blah. They even used the same "twisting our words" argument in that game. It's poppycock frankly.
sottyrulez 304 wrote:The VP head of Crab cannon is freaking EXCELLENT when he is scum, at taking an argument, twisting it on it's head and making it a personal battle. This is what has happened in this game and it is also what happened in Pie E7 mark II. That will provide meta for three players in this game cause Vi is also in there. But it starts from post six where we start to pressure VP right away and if you read though you'll see how quick things get messy.

I'm not interested in playing that all over again. The game got bogged down and everyone got all shitty and crabby (har har) but yes.
:neutral:

*sighs*

*slips deck of cards out of sleeve*
*shuffles deck*
*draws ten cards, all of which are aces*
*fans out cards in hand facing me*
*holds them up for Crab Canon*
*waits*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by ace5993 »

sotty, that's exactly what she (one of your heads) said. It's completely irrelevant whether or not it was in response to Fishy. I'm glad to see that you've resorted to making general "this wagon is terrible" statements while simultaneously backing up on your earlier defenses though.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by saulres »

Could you guys use links or something when you throw out terms like "this" and "that"? Especially you, Ace. It's challenging enough to decipher Vi, we really don't need to do it with others.

For my clarification please:

ace5993 wrote:sotty, that's exactly what she (one of your heads) said

What
is exactly what
who
said?

sottyrulez wrote:
In post 317, Shift wrote:

She was challenging Fishy's assumption via his point of view. That wasn't what she was saying at all.

What
wasn't what
who
was saying at all?

Is it just me having trouble following the conversation?
On permanent
V/LA
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

*alarm rings early*
*sighs*
*stands up*
*tears card with ace of spades*

*places lamp post in pile of dirt*
*levitates pile dangerously above self*
*notices soil is good*
*says the magic words : lamp is buried:*

*dirt falls*
*rescue team rushes in*
*they only find the body of a scarecrow*

*reappears*
*high fives rescue team*
*encourages audience to unravel mystery*

*says a tenative 'aloha' to leaky scarecrow, crowd control, fire-fuel ace, and shifty lurk*
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by saulres »

Confirm vote: 4nxi3ty

I highly suggest everyone else policy lynch him until he stops posting like that.

Unless Vi converted him? :eek:
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”