chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:54 am

Post by chkflip »

EBWODP: "He's playing" is in reference to Wasabi, if that wasn't made clear. Total emote-fail too.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 199, chkflip wrote:LOL that's such a townOMGUS vote right there. Amiright?

It does look a bit townie [/not sarcasm]

Maxous has confused me. I dunno what to make of that. :S

And in our next ironic twist I'm confused as to what the confusion is.
Spoiler:
:?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

In post 182, 4nxi3ty wrote:Srry i've been a bit lazy with this game.

L, nanook, and el simo are scum.

will explain why when i have the time.

Have any time yet? ... Just curious.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by el simo »

So I'm going to go ahead and call L and Nanook as scum.

Nanook for obvious reasons, his weak unvote, his opportunistic lynch all liars push, and he was on both the Fenix wagon and now the easy lynch Anxiety wagon.

Out of L's posts, only one of his posts doesn't have a pointless question or two, and that post was about the questions anyway! Quite a clear attempt to look like he is participating. You can tell these questions aren't authentic because he doesn't concern himself when some of them were answered and instead just ignores them. Also pushing the Anxiety wagon hoorah!

Interestingly enough, Nanook refuses to vote L because she appears townie while pushing Anxietys easy lynch with L. L also Nanook asked some pretty pressing questions, but proceeded to do nothing with the answers. Coaching? If I were to stab at a third partner I'd say it was Garuru based purely on the similarities between L and Nooks interactions and L and Gururus interactions. Questions them rather seriously, doesn't state suspicion and doesn't follow them up. Certainly not a damning tell but it will be very telling when their roles flip.

I'm fine with either of their lynches, but seeing as no one wants to bite into Nanook,
vote: [L]
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 1.9

1. el simo
2. charter
3. Noramp
4. Wasabi
5. Chkflip
6. [L] (4) - Internet Stranger, Riceballtail, 4nxi3ty, el simo
7. Riceballtail
8. Fenix (2) - charter, Wasabi
9. 4nxi3ty (4) - [L], Chkflip, NanookTheWolf, Fenix
10. NanookTheWolf (1) - Maxous
11. Internet Stranger

Not voting:
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:06 am

Post by -L- »

In post 184, Internet Stranger wrote:uh... I drove the wagon, so obviously its not scum driven.
I think once the wagon reaches its conclusion and [L] flips scum, there will be at least (but probably only) 1 scum on it.

My original case on [L] stands, this little derailment to anxiety isnt going to dissuade me. Shit, you can say the focus on anxiety is currently scum driven/supported as well. Scum are everywhere you know.

I think that "why am I scum" comment was so awful that [L] needs to hang almost on that alone.

Your logic is lacking.

When votes are placed on me, without reasons [gut is not sufficient] - and I ask "Why am I scum?" - you must provide your reasoning for voting for me. This is not anti-town, and it is not a scum question attempting to look protown. Why isn't it scum attempting to look protown, you ask?

Simply because it yields useful information. If Anxiety provides his motivations and goals for making that claim, we will see into Anxiety and understand him a little more.

Do not forget that this is a game of information. Failure to provide it when asked for both makes you look suspicious, and as though you have something to hide. I repeatedly asked Anxiety to respond to my question of motive, and he refused. Because he refuses to explain why he fakeclaimed/claimed right after Fenix did - he is suspect. After his further demonstration of his anti-town [I'm going to play this how I want to and you will deal with it, eff your questions, they aren't important] attitude....

I voted for him straightaway.

Of course my opinion is that scum were trying to get a fast lynch off on me. That opinion can't be changed since I know my role. But as far as the rest of you and your belief of this - that is neither here nor there because there is, as of yet, no way to prove it. But the very nature of the speed and intensity of that wagon should be a clue in and of itself.
"Kira is childish and he hates losing... I'm also childish and hate losing."

The user formerly known as [L].
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:11 am

Post by -L- »

In post 182, 4nxi3ty wrote:Srry i've been a bit lazy with this game.

L, nanook, and el simo are scum.

will explain why when i have the time.

Please make time and explain. You are wrong, btw.

Does it bother you for me to say you are wrong?

I think you can't even put logical thoughts together, either.

Why do you play?

NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:57 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

In post 203, el simo wrote:So I'm going to go ahead and call L and Nanook as scum.

Nanook for obvious reasons, his weak unvote, his opportunistic lynch all liars push, and he was on both the Fenix wagon and now the easy lynch Anxiety wagon.
Anxiety is the easy lynch wagon? I'm sorry, but could you tell me what about Anxiety makes him appear town? Was it the fake claim? Dodging of questions? ... What? I'm just curious

Out of L's posts, only one of his posts doesn't have a pointless question or two, and that post was about the questions anyway! Quite a clear attempt to look like he is participating. You can tell these questions aren't authentic because he doesn't concern himself when some of them were answered and instead just ignores them. Also pushing the Anxiety wagon hoorah!

Interestingly enough, Nanook refuses to vote L because she appears townie while pushing Anxietys easy lynch with L.
L also Nanook asked some pretty pressing questions, but proceeded to do nothing with the answers.
I don't understand the underlined. Who asked what questions pertaining to who? As far as I know any questions geared at me, I've answered. If I haven't then please point them out
Coaching? If I were to stab at a third partner I'd say it was Garuru based purely on the similarities between L and Nooks interactions and L and Gururus interactions. Questions them rather seriously, doesn't state suspicion and doesn't follow them up.
Are you saying that I don't follow up on suspicion? I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but the voting for IS strictly was a poke at IS. I knew it would grasp his attention. I'm not carrying out a vote on someone strictly for lurking and if you find me scummy for that, then so be it.
Certainly not a damning tell but it will be very telling when their roles flip.
Appears opportunistic on your part

I'm fine with either of their lynches, but seeing as no one wants to bite into Nanook,
vote: [L]
So, since no one else will bite you're going to take the easy wagon? Isn't that what you're accusing me of doing? I on the other hand have my vote on Anxiety as he is so obviously lying about his role. There was no need for him to claim, the same goes for Fenix. Again, I would vote to lynch either player this day.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:45 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

sorta prod dodging.

@mod, nanook had a bolded 'vote:L' in his post, does that count as a vote?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Empking »

In post 208, 4nxi3ty wrote:sorta prod dodging.

In the quote? No.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Empking »

Charter has been prodded.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Maxous »

I might be willing to take egg on the face and admit I was wrong about [L].
I still would like Nanook lynched.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:32 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Yeah, that wasn't a vote from me ...

Sorta? You are dodging.
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:38 am

Post by -L- »

Explain. I would rather not jump to conclusions.

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:40 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm liking where my vote is much more now.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:41 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

In post 123, Maxous wrote:
Wheter or not you agree it was a smart move, there was an explained(and rather obvious) motive for Fenix to 'lie' as you were. Just stating lynch all liars looks opportunistic here. I am more inclined to beleive town would not use that reasoning.
If you believe Fenix is scum trying to use some kind of reverse psychology I would like to read why.

What was the explained or obvious motive behind Fenix's 'lie'?

I can't see why town would want to lie about having a one time vig ability. I think scum would be dumb for doing the same. I just don't get why people feel that they have to play as such. Call me old school if you want, but the breed of players I was used to playing with played quite differently then those who play now. It's an issue I have to deal with, but calling me scum because I question it is absurd from my view point.

I don't see the point in lying about having a one time vig ability. Your answer could be to stir up conversation, or to look for others questioning it.

So in conclusion, I guess I just plainly think that it's dumb on for either party to do so. It sure is hell isn't pro active, so I can't see why a town player would want to use it. All that is WIFOM anyways, because for all you know, Fenix could be scum trying to appear town by making such a dumb move knowing in the back of his head that others would cross it off as ignorance.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:22 am

Post by el simo »

^ Which is why you ignore it and move on.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:24 am

Post by el simo »

In post 207, NanookTheWolf wrote:
Anxiety is the easy lynch wagon? I'm sorry, but could you tell me what about Anxiety makes him appear town? Was it the fake claim? Dodging of questions? ... What? I'm just curious

It's not about appearing townie, it's about not appearing scummy.

I don't understand the underlined. Who asked what questions pertaining to who? As far as I know any questions geared at me, I've answered. If I haven't then please point them out

L asked you some pressing questions, that you answered, which L proceeded to ignore. You don't ignore answers to questions you ask.

Are you saying that I don't follow up on suspicion? I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but the voting for IS strictly was a poke at IS. I knew it would grasp his attention. I'm not carrying out a vote on someone strictly for lurking and if you find me scummy for that, then so be it.

No I'm not. This isn't even about you..

Hunting for tells and finding relationships between two individually scummy players is opportunistic?

So, since no one else will bite you're going to take the easy wagon? Isn't that what you're accusing me of doing? I on the other hand have my vote on Anxiety as he is so obviously lying about his role. There was no need for him to claim, the same goes for Fenix. Again, I would vote to lynch either player this day.

No it's not what I'm accusing you of doing and no it's not what I'm doing. I'm suspicious of both of you, no one wants to vote the one so I vote my other suspect. I'm not picking the easy wagon, I'm lynching my suspect.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:29 am

Post by chkflip »

If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by charter »

Um, will catch up sometime this weekend...
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by -L- »

In post 217, el simo wrote:

It's not about appearing townie, it's about not appearing scummy.

L asked you some pressing questions, that you answered, which L proceeded to ignore. You don't ignore answers to questions you ask.

No I'm not. This isn't even about you..

Hunting for tells and finding relationships between two individually scummy players is opportunistic?

No it's not what I'm accusing you of doing and no it's not what I'm doing. I'm suspicious of both of you, no one wants to vote the one so I vote my other suspect. I'm not picking the easy wagon, I'm lynching my suspect.

Stop perpetuating this foolishness about "ignoring". I've been prodded twice because I keep forgetting about the game, which I have apologized greatly to EmpKing for.

el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by el simo »

Perpetuating? I made the statement and made one post answering questions asked about it. That is hardly perpetual.
Fenix
Fenix
Goon
Fenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Fenix »

@Wasabi:
I wasn't saying you were scum for that, because none of the things I mentioned were tells. I'm telling you to be consistent for my sanity's sake. Nice OMGUS vote, btw.

@[L]:
For all your talk about needing information, you haven't given a single opinion on anyone this entire game besides Anxiety, and even then I had to guess your opinion based on your vote alone. Follow your own advice:

In post 205, -L- wrote:Do not forget that this is a game of information. Failure to provide it when asked for both makes you look suspicious, and as though you have something to hide.

And if you read that post further, it appears you're coaching Anxiety as well.

Happy with my vote. It wouldn't be hard on my conscience to hammer [L] either.
GO!
RAICHU!
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:06 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 215, NanookTheWolf wrote:
So in conclusion, I guess I just plainly think that it's dumb on for either party to do so. It sure is hell isn't pro active, so I can't see why a town player would want to use it. All that is WIFOM anyways, because for all you know, Fenix could be scum trying to appear town by making such a dumb move knowing in the back of his head that others would cross it off as ignorance.

This is fine. But here's the thing - you did'nt mention that with your vote. Nor do I see this reasoning implied.
In fact
In post 92, NanookTheWolf wrote:
The fake claim didn't bother me much in the beginning,
but then I recalled the lynch all liars method. I'm good for an 4nxi3ty or Fenix lynch at this point.

I'm inclined to think you just made up that reasoning now.
I also don't like how you think [L] is town and did'nt understand the wagon - yet said nothing.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:49 am

Post by -L- »

In post 222, Fenix wrote:
@Wasabi:
I wasn't saying you were scum for that, because none of the things I mentioned were tells. I'm telling you to be consistent for my sanity's sake. Nice OMGUS vote, btw.

@[L]:
For all your talk about needing information, you haven't given a single opinion on anyone this entire game besides Anxiety, and even then I had to guess your opinion based on your vote alone. Follow your own advice:

In post 205, -L- wrote:Do not forget that this is a game of information. Failure to provide it when asked for both makes you look suspicious, and as though you have something to hide.

And if you read that post further, it appears you're coaching Anxiety as well.

Happy with my vote. It wouldn't be hard on my conscience to hammer [L] either.

Needing information and providing information are two different sides of the mafia game equation. It is true that I have not questioned anyone else, but other questions that present themselves to me have been asked. Should I ask the questions again?

And, I was not coaching, I was deriding him for not playing Mafia. This particular game is full of half-wits - which is why I have been complaining "why do I play?" There is no real discussion, just back and forth of the silly small things.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”