zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:28 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

/confirm
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:41 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

VOTE: whispersilk
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:10 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

ludi wrote:Fos: zmuffin!!!!!!

Nah, don't do that. I'm town.

moi wrote:These last five posts all lack the necessary vote for David.

But David is town, and whisper is scum. I like my vote.

stefan wrote:Upps, just found the werewolfpart.

I so totally skipped over this, too.

We can be not-reading-the-setup-properly brothers.

Hi 5!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:15 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm never scum. Ever.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:21 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Yes.

She rolled a scum PM, bl I guess?

I do.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

OK. I think I have this game figured out.

whisper is werewolf godfather, dry-fit is werewolf roleblocker, MoI is werewolf goon

iceguy is mafia redirector, baby spice is mafia governor, BBmolla is mafia goon

Ludi is cult recruiter.

I might be wrong about one of these reads.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:30 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

That doesn't make sense as much sense as you think it does.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

ludi wrote:In fact, considering the anti-town probably have more insight into the setup, following one of their leads onto another player is probably better at finding the other faction than by following someone you think is town.

I suppose it makes sense if all you're doing is limiting yourself to looking for the "other" faction, but that still doesn't make sense.

Also, according to my
divination via random.org
thorough logic and reasoning, which is based on years of studying under mastin before becoming an apprentice to blackberry, MoI is werewolf goon, not mafia.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:40 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

wait, that was stefan who called him mafia, not you. whatever. point still stands, he's a werewolf goon.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Well you're in a bit of a dilemma if you can't participate until I answer you, because that just makes me not want to answer whatever question you asked.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

stefanB wrote:Okay that Zmuffin is joking a bit to much for me, is more personal note. I would like more from him that isn't a joke.

ur face is a joke
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

these people are town: peregrine, ludi, davix, moi, sorgster (lol), maxous, yoshi, oversoul

iceguy is scum
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:32 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

@jakalope,

jakalope wrote:I feel at least one or two of the votes on me are antitown..

Elaborate with something other than, "just because..."

BS is probably town. Otolia is probably town.

Oh, god. That BS wagon

Baby Spice (6): whispersilk, Yosarian2, Alabaska J, Wraith, StefanB, Bogre

I don't have a single town read on it.

@moi,

moi wrote:Please explain to me exactly why Otolia doesn't need votes? How does

1. Refusal to scum-hunt.
2. Active lurking.
3. Voting on policy reasons after explicitly saying he was waiting for a valid wagon

come from Town?

*shrug*

Explain why you think he'd be this blatant about it if he was scum.

Yes, I am saying he's too scummy to be scum. And this sort of stubborn, dickheaded Otolia is something I think is more likely to come from him as town.

That said, he should stop doing this and start playing, but I don't think he's scum.

sage wrote:zmuffin is leaning scum. I would lean town, but with him it seems that he's whatever he dosen't seem to be.

This actually made me lol.

peregrine wrote:I'm not feeling the Otolia as scum thing either. Scum doesn't walk in and stick their [REDACTED] into a blender to start the game.

This. Completely this. Add on to this it's Otolia.

BB wrote:I was going to post saying this bandwagon on Otolio is wierd, but with the bolded statement I might just join it.

Are you suggesting Otolia knows MoI is town in a game with two scum factions and an unknown amount of other anti-town roles?

I understood Otolia's point completely here. It's not a scum tell or anything.

Anyway, my vote on whisper going nowhere fast.

unvote

VOTE: IceGuy
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@yos,

Odd how?

@jakalope,

No, you didn't. It looked like you arbitrarily saying you thought one or two of the votes on you were anti-town, just because... And then you went and did an ISO of Ethereal.

Explain why you thought one or two of the votes on you were antitown and what happened to the "or two" part of this?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yos wrote:you called the top two suspects "probably" town

Yes.

yos wrote:and you implied that the entire baby spice wagon is scum driven

No.

yos wrote:without really explaining why, other then listing all 6 people on the wagon and saying that "you don't have a single town read" in that group.

Yes.

yos wrote:I hate the line "too scummy to be scum", I've seen that kind of thinking bite the town on the ass too many times.

I rarely employ this logic, except when I think it applies to someone who is town. In this case, I do.

yos wrote:I don't really at all get your thinking about baby spice or her wagon, though, and the fairly nonchalant way you basically just said that almost everyone else in the game is wrong and probably scum seems kind of bizzare and over the top.

No, I didn't.

First, you're assuming that people who aren't town reads of mine are scum reads. If they were scum reads, I'd say "holy crap there's so much scum on that wagon" or something along those lines. That wagon simply has no town reads of mine on it and I didn't even realise who was on the Baby Spice wagon until I saw the votecount on the previous page. First thought that ran through my head was "wow, I don't have any town reads on that wagon, something is up".

Secondly, I do think almost everyone in this game is currently wrong (or scum). What of it? Interestingly, about half my town reads have chosen not to jump on either of those wagons, and it's mostly my weaker town reads on Otolia right now, so that reassures me somewhat.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:42 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

He hasn't done anything that warrants a town read
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Oh, right, if it wasn't obvious I skipped over most of your post and just read the yos part.

stefan wrote:Can you tell me were that strange townreads (imho) of DavidX, Sorgster and Oversoul come from

DavidX is town based on the early self-vote and his reaction to the reactions to it. He needs to put a vote down and do stuff but yeah, he's still town.

sorgster town read is, admittedly, my weakest. It's mostly gut based on his suspicion of Ludi and justification for this. I have limited experience with sorgster, but he looks town here.

oversoul's another of my weaker town reads, it's mostly gut based on past experience with him. Actually, looking back over him, I'm more null on Oversoul. He needs to do something other than mindlessly sheeping.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:39 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

iceguy wrote:Players who jumped onto the Baby Spice wagon without justification: Alabaska, GW, Wraith, StefanB and Bogre

Players who jumped onto the Otolia wagon without justification: StefanB, sorgster, Ghostlin

The "opportunistic scum" award of this game goes to StefanB.

Right...

So what if BabySpice and Otolia are scum? Where is the opportunism here?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:57 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

iceguy wrote:They might be both scum on different teams?

OK, that's plausible, but it still doesn't explain why he's "opportunistic". A vote without "justification" isn't necessarily opportunistic scum, and your vote on Stefan is far more opportunistic than either of his votes.

iceguy wrote:If I would be scum, I'd have been jumping on at least one of the Baby Spice/Otolia wagons.

iceguy wrote:I fail to see why you're trying to paint me as scum for actual scum-hunting and at ignoring people who are just jumping on the easy wagon.

Right...

So as scum you would have made yourself even more obvious by jumping on an "easy wagon" instead of trying to appear like you're scum hunting?

Yeah, that sounds believable.

yos wrote:I didn't just do it for the bad pun, really.

Don't lie, I know that's the real reason you did it.

I still don't understand what you think was "over-the-top" about what I said.

Fixed quote tag.
Last edited by Magua on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:19 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:39 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I figured I should probably explain this with more than a facepalm image, but I want you to know that I'm typing this with one hand while my face is buried in the palm of my other hand, iceguy.

iceguy wrote:Looking who's currently garnering the most heat and voting him is opportunistic.

No, it isn't necessarily.

iceguy wrote:Using voting patterns to identify someone who's doing this isn't.

Yes, it is, because it's a cop-out excuse for a vote and it's a cop-out substitute for real scum hunting.

iceguy wrote:No, I'd try to appear to scum-hunt and vote the easy wagon nevertheless.

And let me guess, if you were scum, you totally wouldn't say, "nah, I wouldn't do this as scum!"

iceguy wrote:zMuffinMan and TheJakalope noted for opportunistic jump on my wagon without any justification.

Define "opportunistic" so we're on the same page here. What was opportunistic about my vote on you?

maxous wrote:I'm surprised you said this. In present circumstances that would mean diddly squat.

mind blank. :S temporary amnesia, pretend #287 never happened.

moi wrote:These two vote counts are being mermorialized for potential future relational tells.

dat's totally kewl.

thanks for the update

sage wrote:2: zmuffin is a contradiction.

:| :-\ :-/ :|

sage wrote:I think Ice and StephanB might be scum bussing each other.

I seriously doubt this.

ghostlin wrote:Muffin's so obvscum that he's using Sisko when there are so many Picard face palms out there.

How did you figure out my super-secret scum tell?

ghostlin wrote:The reason I voted for Otolia is that his entire play this game was scummy and the mindnumblingly dumb apex was when he OMGUSed MoI, who is obvtown. Really, I'm not buying the too dumb to be scum, because half of the time, they really are that bad.

Really, it's not so much that he's "too dumb to be scum" but that this sort of playstyle is fairly standard for Otolia, and some of the things he's said so far really don't look like what I've seen from Otolia as scum, and fit Otolia-town perfectly. That said, he needs to do something when he stops being V/LA or whatever he is.

yoshi wrote:I'm ignoring everything else you said to me in that post because this line alone is ridiculously scummy. First, there is no assertion for why Ice/Stephan are scum, or why they are scum together, ESPECIALLY when we know there are multiple scum factions in the game, and finally, scumhunting in terms of a scumteam on D1 is not infrequently done by scum to try to pretend to be more helpful than they are really being. This is inauthentic scumhunting and is worth voting for you by itself.

Goddammit, this whole post is terrible. *sigh* You rolled scum in this game, didn't you?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

iceguy wrote:I'm giving up on trying to argue with you idiots - you can safely continue your "IceGuy is scum because IceGuy is scum" circlejerk.

*phew*

I wouldn't have wanted to do it without your permission.

Ghostlin wrote:His analyses seem genuine

How? Most of his reads are utter crap and there's virtually zero effort behind them. Here I'll break down his ranking system:

"People who haven't posted much are scum, people who think I'm scum are scummy, people who post lots are town, people who post big chunks of 'content' are town"

That's the laziest system of scum hunting I've ever seen. Those aren't "genuine" reads.

Maxous wrote:Max (...has anyone noticed that the majority of Max's posts are defensive and not really that offensive? Err...I mean, on the offensive against scum, not acutally offensive.)

No? I haven't really seen him post much that I'd call "defensive". He looks town so far.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:51 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

moi wrote:Have you ever seen Otolia scum?

Yes. It's not like this.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:21 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

*prod dodge with promises to catch up after sleep*
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:42 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm skimming most of these walls.

@Ghostlin,

I don't get the maxous suspicion. He looks town. I'm following his thought processes and agree with pretty much everything he's written so far.

What do you think of Alabaska? I think he's scum, his posts are like "lol I'm coasting *COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAST*" and the whole "lol I totally agree IceGuy is scum" without voting IceGuy is weird.

Also I know you said not to ask, but why is Yoshi town? I think he's scum, nothing he's done has looked town, I don't understand the town read that you (and some others) have on him.

@IceGuy,

This will be like the tenth time you've been asked, so I'm beginning to think it's pointless repeating this, but why did you suggest that my vote on you was opportunistic and where's my ISO analysis like the ones you did in #357 for the other "opportunistic" voters?

Also don't really get the whole "circlejerk" thing since that's like 1 or 2 players on your wagon and has nothing to do with why I personally think you're scummy.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:47 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

wait, no, alabaska seems to be agreeing with Bogre that... StefanB is scum... but still has his vote on Baby Spice from 15 pages ago.

And his catchup posts have been crap. He has a town read on GW for his miller claim but also thinks it's slightly suspicious and he has a town read on MoI and uh... that's it, I guess.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:00 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Also all of yosarian's recent posts have been IIoA. I don't understand the town read on him either, actually.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I've read Yoshi in ISO. I completely disagree that your point (1) means what you think it means and your point (2) isn't even a town tell. It's 4:30am though, so I'll save explanations for when I'm not half-asleep.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yoshi wrote:The fallacy of your argument is that if a player isn't on a towntell, then they must be scum, which is why null reads exist.

On the contrary, I have plenty of people in this game that I don't have town reads on or scum reads on. Yos is one of them, for example. I am not sure he's scum but I'm not sure he's town.

Whereas I think you're scum and I'm not sure why people seem to have a town read on you.

Most of your play in this game has just been asking questions here and there and all I've seen you do is attack players for weak reasons.

For example, going back over your vote history...

In #75, you attack IceGuy for going after a "policy lynch" with his RVS vote.

In #81, you attacked Jakalope because he wasn't voting within a group of three people he'd called scum. You tried to justify it in #94 but it still didn't make much sense because there were plenty of other people doing similar things and you attacked none of them.

In #273 you move to the Otolia wagon. Why? Because he said he doesn't usually claim D1 and you said this is crap (it isn't, btw, at least in my experience with him). You then go on to admit that you don't acually find him scummy, but this is what tipped the scale for you... ... ... How the... HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS EVEN MAKE SENSE? What was soooooo scummy about it that you felt the need to abandon the Jakalope wagon? Your attack on sage in this post was equally weak.

A FoS on Ethereal for wagon-hopping in #310 (somewhat legitimate because he has no content to his name, but like... This doesn't really add anything to the game, either)

Switch your vote to sage in #318, because hunting for partners D1 is "inauthentic scumhunting". Apart from the irony (because none of your scum hunting at that point had really seemed "authentic"), it's a weak, weak reason to attack sage.

I don't actually understand why Ghostlin likes #376. It's a bad post. I guess I can sort of see what he likes about it because you say
So the question then becomes, is this post coming from frustrated town or scum trying to discredit their attacker?
and Ghostlin seems to think this sort of analysis makes you town................... but it doesn't. It's just an overly elaborate way of saying "he's scummy" for a weak reason.

The questions you ask are fairly basic and I never get the feeling you're properly analysing things. All of your reads are superficial.

@Ghostlin,

You know how you're talking about Yos being town for analysing motivation etc etc. This is something Yoshi doesn't do. At all. Except for maaaaaaaaaaybe #376, but even then, I think it was just phrased in a way to make it look like he was thinking about it objectively when he wasn't really.

He calls people out on "crap", yes, but this isn't a town tell at all. This is something scum do when they see obviously weaker players making mistakes that can be capitalised on, so they can pretend they're scum hunting. All he's done is attack weaker players for weak reasons.

Look, I understand why you think he's town, but I don't think you're looking at it properly.

Regardless, it's not really important today. I don't see myself pursuing him over IceGuy or Alabaska, and I don't see myself being able to convince enough people that he's scum today, what with 3 days to the deadline and all.

As for Yosarian, most of those things are null to me. Pointing out that someone is lurking and "keeping them in line" isn't a town tell, analysing a miller claim doesn't particularly mean much, and you're clearing him based on how
you'd
play as scum (I'm going to assume you're the lurkity-lurk coasting type of scum). meh, I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's scum but I don't have a town read on him.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:49 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Yeah, Ludi, why are you still on MoI? Stop voting him. Jeez.

I could get behind a wagon on Alabaska if one pops up, but I don't see myself getting on any of the other wagons

Also need to be more cognizant of the deadline in future days. Did not realise we were using bankable deadlines, either. :/
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:01 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

OS wrote:Muffin, how do you not see Yosarian as town?

*shrug* He hasn't done much to make me think he's town. Doesn't help that his vote has been floating on BabySpice since almost the beginning of the game and he hasn't been doing much of anything lately.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:21 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

iceguy wrote:Basically, he said, "A, B, C, D, E, F are scummy. Vote: IceGuy". And that's what caught my eye.

No I didn't.

Put your vote on Alabaska. Do it.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:29 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

meh, at least you're putting effort in. sort of. even if I disagree with most of what you posted.

unvote

VOTE: Alabaska

This is a good wagon. Best case scenario: get rid of coasting scum. Worst case scenario: get rid of someone that looks like coasting scum.

3 days to make this happen.

We can do it.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:36 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Hey, Ghsotlin, help me lynch Alabaska and I'll be your friend
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Actually, keep your vote on sage. Alabaska/sage as competing wagons would be cool. Make it happen.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:15 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

moi wrote:Muffin if you wanted to really take a dent out of my mild Town read on you mission accomplished.

That was actually my sole goal. Actually, everything I've done in this game has been for the sole purpose of getting reactions from you. You are, after all, the only player that matters in this game full of plebs.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

If this Alabaska wagon doesn't pick up steam in the immediate future, I'm probably going to switch back to IceGuy.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

damn

I just went back over Alabaska's ISO. His play is soooooo scummy.

His reads are weak. What few reads he actually gives, most of them he's wishy-washy about. He sheeped Yos's Baby Spice vote because it seemed like a "good place" and he wnted to see BS's response to Yos.

Since then he's given a town read on MoI and a maybe-town read on GW because of his D1 miller claim... and a scum read on StefanB because he agreed with what Bogre wrote. But his vote is still on BabySpice.

He's the very definition of active lurking and I cannot see any sort of town mindset behind his posts so far. He's coasting, he's done very little scum hunting, he's done absolutely nothing that looks town.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Switching back to IceGuy in 5.5 hours if this Alabaska wagon doesn't show signs of life before then (i.e. 48 hours before the deadline)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

His latest two posts are the ones I find particularly scummy. I didn't really care about his early ones.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:40 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Plus BabySpice isn't getting lynched today unless you magically convince at least 10 players not currently voting her that she's scummy enough to be lynched today (and ASAP, considering the deadline), so you need to consider moving your vote somewhere else. Alabaska is a good filler spot for it while you decide. Come join me.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:07 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm going to assume that was meant to be some backwards-logic reaction-gambit or something, but it's L-4.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:09 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

An Alabaska wagon could easily form. All it requires is twelve other people to vote him. If you do it, that's one, eleven to go.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:16 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Do you think that's something he wouldn't say as scum?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:44 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm pretty sure there isn't enough time to get an Alabaska wagon going.

Unvote

VOTE: IceGuy
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:24 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

VOTE: alabaska
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

pere wrote:I'll bet this is because DavidX didn't want to place a vote yesterday at all, but when he did, he said he would be willing to hammer, but when he voted someone other than himself for the first time it lynched the guy with 12 votes instead of 13, isn't it?

You think DavidX is a scum double-voter and intentionally hammered IceGuy? Orrrrrrrrr what?

DavidX is town. Pretty sure of this.

wraith wrote:-I don't know why Muffin suggests a cult in a non-bastard game. Cults are a bastard mechanic and besides I'm pretty sure the Secret Societies are neighborhoods

Pretty sure it's confirmed there's no cult in this game. 'twas obviously a joke, and one that was intended for only some people to get.

wraith wrote:I personally did a quick re-skim of Muffin's ISO up to the point of his vote on IceGuy. Muffin originally called IceGuy scum early on, presumably for his rather bad vote in RVS. Nevertheless, Muffin FAILS TO EXPLAIN WHY HE BELIEVES THIS. Furthermore he continues to call IceGuy scum in subsequent posts but continually FAILS TO EXPLAIN WHY HE HOLDS SUCH VIEWS.

To be clear, your problem with me is that I didn't explain my vote fully, prior to voting for IceGuy? And you think this alone is scummy?

Also, opinion on Alabaska?

BB wrote:@Muffin: Could you make a case on alabaska? I'm not seeing it.

Everything I said at the end of yesterday.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I could also get behind a BB lynch, actually. He's done nothing and doesn't look town. Gonna park my vote on Alabaska for now, and furiously frown at people who aren't commenting on how he's obvscum.

>:(
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Thanks for the update, David.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (isolation #49) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

@Oversoul,

OS wrote:zMuffinMan, do you have an opinion on Sorgster? I haven't read your recent posts yet, but I find him scummy and we seem to pretty much have the same thoughts about this game.

I've only ever played with sorgster when he was town, but I looked over a scum game of his (although it's ongoing so hush, hush). There are *noticeable* differences between his play when he's scum and his play when he's town, and I'm going to be deliberately vague here in order to avoid breaking any rules in regards to ongoing games, but the exchange with Ludi and some of his other posts in this game make me think he's more likely to be town. He's not the.. strongest of players, but I still think he's more likely to be town than scum at this point.

Interestingly, I also disagree with two of your other scum reads. Although I'm feeling fairly meh about Otolia's latest posts so I'm less disagreeable about that one, I actually think Jakalope is more likely town than scum. For pretty much the same reason that everyone is calling him scum. That actually reads more town than scum to me. :/

OS wrote:Wait, how was IceGuy lynched with 13 votes?

Obviously it's not publicly known how this happened. Although I'd bet on it being a scum role that caused it, whatever it is.

@David,

Yeah, I was thanking you for letting us know you're not active lurking.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (isolation #50) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:40 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

To elaborate a little bit on sorgster, I think he's scumhunting in his own way, and I think this makes him town. At least not someone I'm going to pursue until I see reason to.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (isolation #51) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yoshi wrote:@Muffin: Some of your reads are...interesting. I get why you might have a townread on sorgster, but why is DavidX town?

eh, in all honesty, it's mostly gut here. I understand the points against him (lack of scum hunting, lack of content, etc) but nothing he's actually said looks scummy to me. It looks like him-as-town being wrong on a couple of points, then being inactive and copping a lot of flak because of it.

He hasn't done anything that overtly looks so town that I'd never suspect him, but I think he's town and there are far better leads to pursue today.

wraith wrote:I really feel like town is putting priority on "lynch all lurkers because they are lurking" over "lynch all scum who happen to be lurking." I don't think Alabaska is scum. I was out of the loop all of D1 but a "lynch all lurkers" wagon didn't form on me.

Yeah, because I'm not suggesting Alabaska is scum because he's lurking. The content of what few posts he has is genuinely scummy. I've gone over this, MoI went over this too during D1, it's nothing to do with "lurking" in and of itself.

--

@Pere (re #579)

What about those quotes?

--

ghostlin wrote:I think sorg's being pretty blatantly anti-town.

I think that's his meta (regardless of alignment); its akin to andrew or shotty or DK. It's frustrating, but I'm pretty sure this is still sorgster being town here.

--

@Fonz,

What do you think of Alabaska?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (isolation #52) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm getting to the rest of this later.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (isolation #53) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:33 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Are you... are you retarded? Do you not think it's possible that he's scum hunting for... other scum?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (isolation #54) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:59 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

prod dodge
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (isolation #55) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I had a dream last night that DavidX was a double-voting Jester who is trying to get lynched and self-hammered at L-2 and then we all had a good laugh. :/

catching up on what i've missed.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (isolation #56) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yoshi wrote:Every time you hint that I am scum, why are you not hearing the jingle "the cheese stands alone" ringing in your ears?

Are you making fun of me because I have no friends?

Hey, just because I'm a loner, doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm also a loner on this Alabaska wagon, and I feel far better about it compared to the wagons with more support.

*shrug*

yoshi wrote:PS: If you think Wraith's reason for a townread on me is weak (which it kinda is), shouldn't that be indicative of his scumminess as well?

It's indicative of idiocy, not scumminess. I'm not reading him as scum.

---

pere wrote:Not sure what you're asking here.

I was mostly asking what the meaning behind that series of quote walls was. Do you think what he said in those quotes was scummy? Why?

---

I don't like the Jakalope wagon. I think he's town. I think his approach to this game has been shit and he's copping flak for it, but he's still town.

I'm ambivalent about the dry-fit wagon. He's put an underwhelming lack of effort into the game so far, but nothing he's said has really struck me as overtly scummy and some of the things he's said carry a townish tone. My read on DavidX is pretty much the same, actually. Both of these players should provide more in the way of reads.

What's fucked is there are 8 people currently not voting. This needs to change. ASAP. Not doing a repeat of yesterday where deadline is suddenly a couple days away and there's only enough time to form one wagon.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

wraith wrote:but if [Dry-Fit] was scum why did he avoid the easily-excused IceGuy wagon?

There are a fuckton of possible explanations for this. If this is your only reason for thinking he's not scum, then wow.

Other than him avoiding the IceGuy wagon, what makes you think he's town (or at least less likely to be scum)?

yoshi wrote:This presumes DF is town. Why is DF town?

You are not reading.

yoshi wrote:Also, Jak's vote reeks of self-preservation.

Self-preservation isn't really scummy if you're the only other main wagon. That said, he should fucking do something.

I'm also a bit annoyed that Alabaska is appearing in almost everyone's scum list and not a single person has claimed to have a town read on him, but there's no support for his lynch.

meh.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (isolation #58) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:30 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Has alabaska been prodded? Last post 4 days ago, with a promise to post the next day. lollurkingscum
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (isolation #59) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:53 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

yoshi wrote:Then you can tell me why DF is town.

Um, no, point is that you were saying that OS was presuming Dry-Fit is town, which is not the case, and if you actually read what OS wrote, you'd see this.

yoshi wrote:What exactly is your read on Jak?

You are not reading.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (isolation #60) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:02 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

briefly skimmed the last couple pages because I'm tired and short on time (due to having an appointment with my bed and my pillow and stuff, this is an over-elaborate metaphor or something that's taking far too long to write and is going to make me late for this appointment so it's probably best I stop talking about it).

Someone asked why I think what Alabaska has done is scummy and why I don't think what Jakalope has done is scummy. It's because Alabaska has done 2 main things that strike me as being particularly scum-motivated. The first is an inconsistency with his supposed reads and where his vote lies. He put his vote down on BS early for pretty poor reasoning (it was mostly sheeping Yos) and then later in the game comes back without a mention of BS but notes that he agrees with Bogre that StefanB is scummy. At this point, the BS wagon was on its way to being completely dead. There was no reason for him not to switch his vote if he truly believed what he wrote.

The second is the fact that he never really developed any solid reads (scum or town) other than MoI (and, arguably, StefanB, who he didn't feel like voting...). Which is strange for a few reasons, but really looked like he was just active lurking and writing shit he thought would be enough to escape suspicion.

Jakalope is just playing like a VI, but at least he's giving reads, and some of his posts just have a really townish tone. I'll elaborate on what I mean after some sleep.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (isolation #61) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I got a nice pre-prod prod-warning. katching up soon.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (isolation #62) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:21 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Holy shit. I'm on page 32. sorgster's #768 is the funniest fucking thing I've ever read.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (isolation #63) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:45 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I can't really be bothered writing a huge catchup post right now, so here's some of my updated reads:

town:

Empking's Alt
Ghostlin
sorgster
ToastyToast
David Xanatos

scum:

BB
Alabaska

And the rest are somewhere in between, I'm probably leaning more town or scum on particular players but not confident enough to put them into either category.

If there's a particular read you want from me, or a particular in-game event I need to comment on, ask.

As for the two main wagons, I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about them now. I'd much prefer an Alabaska lynch over either of them, but I'm not opposed to either lynch, really. I'll have a read over them (and some others) in the next 12-24 hours and give more conclusive reads than this.

As for why I'd prefer Alabaska, I haven't liked his catch-up walls any more than I liked his posts D1. There's so much crap in them, and I'll dissect them later and figure out how they align with his reads.

Anyway, I should be more active from now, just had a really busy week.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (isolation #64) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:57 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

VOTE: dry-fit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”