Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Otolia »

I think I am poised to play every game with dumb spammers.

><
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 62, Magister Ludi wrote:Interesting classification otolia. Posting has become "spam"

Of 18 posts, only one of yours contains more than 1 line. So yes, you are spamming.

One day you will learn that quality >> quantity, in the mean time you can continue to wank on your postcount.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Otolia »

I am really puzzled by this game. There is still not much going on and I don't feel like answering or questioning anybody which is unusual.

There is people getting worked up over my spamming rant, which is a little sad. But I guess you grab whatever tell you can get. I will say that there is a preview feature on MS and I'd like people to use it more.

This post is basically a prod-dodge, I'll post more during this week, after a more careful re-read.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 139, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Maxous wrote:
Otolia wrote:I am really puzzled by this game. There is still not much going on and I don't feel like answering or questioning anybody which is unusual.

I see this and my gut says “Kill it with Fire”.

Because this basically a more active way to effectively keep out of the limelight and appear active while appearing to not totally ignore the thread (like the RVS only players have).

Why zero comment on my DavidX post and the subsequent response by Magister and others?

Why zero comment on the Yos – Baby back and forth?

UNVOTE: DavidX
VOTE: Otolia

I find self-vote rather scummy (because it denies VCA latter days) but that's not enough to lynch someone D1.
BabySpice used the same kind of argument as I and yosarian2 jumped on him. However only ML spotted what I did and voted though it was his pride speaking. I don't think Baby Spice did anything major.

You basically asked me to cover questions that most people are already covering. If I don't have anything smart to say, I won't say it. My vote is still in RVS state and when I (and I stressed this out) feel like someone deserve my vote, I will vote. In the mean time, I'll hang around because I can.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 195, Magua wrote:
Oversoul replaces Lowell

As yosarian2 would say '(shrug)'
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 211, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Is there any reason it is difficult to get votes right here?
Absolute flaunting of his non-scum hunting lurking play and buddying to Yos.
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

1. No, I could blend in more easily by voting. I don't need to 'obey' you. Baby Spice isn't worth lynching today and TheJakalope wagon doesn't seem very serious. When a serious wagon appears, I'll vote.
2. I'm buddying with yos because I used his title ? I never played with you but I didn't know you were some kind of Mafia fanatic. My conception of Mafia includes also some fun, that was considered as the fun part. I hope you can understand that.
3. Cf.
she is a witch
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:31 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 243, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Otolia wrote:1. No, I could blend in more easily by voting. I don't need to 'obey' you. Baby Spice isn't worth lynching today and TheJakalope wagon doesn't seem very serious. When a serious wagon appears, I'll vote.

First off you are missing the point … I’m asking why it is so hard to get votes on you because you are scummy.
The last sentence embodies why – you are happy to sit in the background, do no scum-hunting, and just hop on whatever wagon you see fit.

Some games you try to be active, some you just don't. Roles should ideally not influence one's play but that's not the case. Just remember that so far I didn't jump on any wagon, and if - and I say if - I hop on a wagon close to a lynch with little argument you would be right to seem me as scummy. Right now, I'm just a useless townie and that's different.

In post 243, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Otolia wrote:2. I'm buddying with yos because I used his title ? I never played with you but I didn't know you were some kind of Mafia fanatic. My conception of Mafia includes also some fun, that was considered as the fun part. I hope you can understand that.

Ah the “I’m having fun defense”. Well I’m having fun to – by playing to my wincon and looking for scum. So please don’t assume I’m just going to leave you alone when you say “Hey, I’m having fun”.

I don't assume anything. I merely state what I think. You can choose not to believe me but your attack was a little bit hair-pulled (forced and not valid).
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:44 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 246, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

Your superior argumentation convinced me to vote for someone I do not want to see by tomorrow.

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Otolia »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
1. Refusal to scum-hunt.
2. Active lurking.
3. Voting on policy reasons after explicitly saying he was waiting for a valid wagon

What I really want is to see you shut your annoying mouth. That's what I want. I know you feel entitled to lead the town to a marvelous victory because you are so full of yourself you can't possibly imagine yourself not being right, but you might want to tone it a bit. Just for the sake of your head, I worry about your health.

1. I never refused to scum-hunt. I did stated that I didn't want to actively scum-hunt. You could say it the same, and in a sense it is but it doesn't mean I don't scumhunt. Affronting you might prove itself more useful than not, maybe i'll get many people to voice their opinion and maybe some votes/vote-hop and so on.
2. I guess I'm active lurking in the sense that i don't contribute directly to the progression of the game.
3. It's not policy reasons, it's an extended RVS. A 'you are annoying vote'. You already showed us that you are quick on jumping to conclusion but that's far-fetched even from you. If you didn't really get the non-seriousness of this vote, you might as well say it. Another reason to lynch me would be because sarcastic people are more difficult to judge but you didn't mention that, did you ?

If I were you I would worry about Oversoul, compulsive poster of the first class, you is awfully quiet here when he post ~6 posts in another game. Trying to blend in in a large game is harder than voting once per day until someones remarks it.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Otolia »

@MoI
: There is nothing I want to answer to you right now. If I continue to argue the way I am doing it right now, I'm going to end up insulting you and that won't help anyone. You basically force me to engaged in a childish pride contest by screaming 'MORE OTOLIA VOTES PLEASE !!!!!' every post. I gave it to you and you will feel dumb for five minutes in almost every possible ending of this contest and you are going to move on afterwards. I suggest you tone down the witch hunting and start your motivation analyzing tool on why you I face you that stubbornly and we can both move on untouched.
Your choice.

Here is what we are going to do :
  • You stop screaming 'MORE OTOLIA VOTES PLEASE !!!!!' every post and I'll answer every questions you and anyone ask me.
  • You unvote me and I'll invest more time into this game.

PS : I fear this might be interpreted as scum trying to negotiate but at this point, it's better than heading in the wall.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Otolia »

@MoI
: So be it. I proposed what I felt was a reasonable agreement that could eventually be discussed, and instead of trying to push further your case and trying to corner me (considering that from your PoV I'm scum), you showed self-confidence and refused the challenge. Though it's entirely my responsibility if I am in the current situation, not showing comprehension and willingness to discuss calmly is your mistake.

I don't know what I can do right now. I'm going off this topic for the weekend and when I'm not pissed at MoI, I'll see things better.

In the mean time, I inform you that I usually don't claim D1.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Otolia »

Within the next 24 hours, I'll do a complete re-read of the game. I'll try to cover every area still in discussion right now. I believe some of you won't care but I ask the others (those who haven't voted yet) to be patient and judge me on the results. Fortunately for me, the game is stalled right now, I hope I can clear myself in order to put it back on track.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Otolia »

So here I am, after 'borrowing' a stranger's wifi. I selected a few people to talk about.

• David Xanatos

Self-vote during RVS might not seem dangerous, but it denies the town abilities to read one's first vote. Decision happens during the every stage of the game and voting during the first stages can be a daunting strategical task. That being said, there is no reason to make a fuss over it because it's not enough to build a case on someone. It can be due to lazyness and that strikes everyone scums like townies. He declared V a V/LA short after starting the game and though I feel he posted less than what he showed me once (ongoing game), his case is staled.

Verdict :
    Suspicious

• IceGuy

I am quite puzzled by this wagon. He is making sense in his posts and he is coherent with himself. Attacking StefanB for opportunism was a major town tell at this point, he posted his thoughts and didn't drop his case on StefanB under the pressure. Overall his play is far more consistent than most of the town.

Verdict :
    Probably Town

• StefanB

His first posts are targeting lurkers, and discussing minor topics. He reacted to Global Warming's claim which is a good thing. Aside from the curious reaction of my vote on MoI, (taking seriously a one-liner + vote when he isn't the person tageted), his behavior after this change completely. He starts arguing with people (namely IceGuy), changes his vote thrice and gives poor argumentation for that, backpedal on his own argumentation.I consider picking a target and working on a lynch more town-aligned than vote-hopping and hoping that somehow a scum is in the ballot. His low consistency don't please me.

Verdict :
    Probably Scum

• BabySpice

She mostly tried to explained an early vote on MagisterLudi who was (to my understanding) 'spamming'. She answered quite concisely to yos' questions and though I don't always understand her syntax, she doesn't strike me as scum.
    @BabySpice : A serious wagon is a wagon designed to lynch someone you think is scum. In order to get your target lynched, you need to work on asking him questions, analyzing his play and cornering his answers trying to provoke a mistake.

Verdict :
    Neutral

According to that : VOTE: StefanB

I will cover Ghostlin and MoI attack on me another time, probably tomorrow, but even though I disagree with them and noted a few suspicious things, I think there isn't enough material to cast a doubt on their alignment.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Otolia »

Spoiler: My answer to yosarian's questionning
In post 248, Otolia wrote:
In post 246, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

Your superior argumentation convinced me to vote for someone I do not want to see by tomorrow.

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion

This post was sarcastic. I know that in MS sarcasm is frowned upon in games, but I like to use it as a rhetorical tool. It wasn't a serious post because it was a direct reaction to MoI's one-liner which was a provocation. The vote is anti-town in the sense that it could be used on someone who I thought was scum, but it should be understand as a way to answer to MoI's witch hunt.

---

Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 252, Otolia wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
1. Refusal to scum-hunt.
2. Active lurking.
3. Voting on policy reasons after explicitly saying he was waiting for a valid wagon

What I really want is to see you shut your annoying mouth. That's what I want. I know you feel entitled to lead the town to a marvelous victory because you are so full of yourself you can't possibly imagine yourself not being right, but you might want to tone it a bit. Just for the sake of your head, I worry about your health.

The second post strongly implies that you think (and/or know?) that MoI is town. And yet you are voting for him. This is obviously deeply disturbing, as well as a possible scum slip (not that scum actually know who is town in a multi-group game, but they still tend to think that way, so the "seeming to know someone is town" scum tell works anyway.)

MoI was primarally attacking you for not voting, which seems a reasoanble reason to attack someone. You may agree or disagree about that being a scum tell, I don't care, but I don't get why you are voting him based on that.

Your excuse that "this is a you are annoying vote" and that it was somehow "extended RVS" or something is just bad, and anti-town. You don't vote someone because they annoy you, you vote them if you think they're scum. If that's not what you were doing, then that throws doubt on what win condition you are playing towards.

I was not implying that MoI is town. It was sarcastic, again. The sentence '
Just for the sake of your head, I worry about your health.
' is a wordplay on a french joke that when someone is arrogant, one's head is growing. I think that MoI's scumhunting should leave him with enough towncred to be considered town for the next few days.

I have a history of being targeted D1 for joking and not being pro-town during the first stages of the game. However it's very difficult to defend against that because you can choose not to trust me.

---

Yosarian2 wrote:This next part, which basically felt like you were offering to actually play the game but only if he stopped attacking you and voting for you, was just horribly anti-town.

Otolia wrote:Here is what we are going to do :

You stop screaming 'MORE OTOLIA VOTES PLEASE !!!!!' every post and I'll answer every questions you and anyone ask me.
You unvote me and I'll invest more time into this game.

PS : I fear this might be interpreted as scum trying to negotiate but at this point, it's better than heading in the wall.

All of this combined really looks like you're more worried about not wanting to be attacked then you are worried about trying to find and lynch scum, and that's generally a scum tell.

In this post, I was fishing. I am a straightforward way of scumhunting : pick a target, question him. But I'm not very good at discerning scumtells, thus I have to get another kind of hints and for me it is motivation. I have a good sense for what people could and couldn't do in a given situation, and though it's not enough in itself, I find it useful.

My motivation for doing this 'gambit' was these arrogant statements of him :
In post 254, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
So despite never having played with me before (which you acknowledged earlier) you’ve suddenly made the bolded sweeping judgement about me. Lovely. I’ve never said I’m never wrong. Even the best scum-hunters aren’t 100% accurate. That said I’m on a pretty good hot-streak lynching scum (BTTF Mafia, [REDACTED]) as of late so excuse me
if I don’t go second-guessing myself based on AtE.

As for the ‘worry about your health’ I’m not sure whether to take that as a “My scum team is definitely NKing you tonight’ threat or not.
Regardless you should gander and my title and realize it probably doesn’t much matter in a multi-scum game if I ‘lay back’ or not

I basically proposed an agreement to MoI. It showed willingness to participate - what I was accused of not doing - but was not acceptable because I wanted him to unvote me (as you nicely pointed out). But instead of engaging discussions and questions me like I think a good scumhunter would, he refused categorically and denied any discussions possible for the town - discussions that might help everyone else. In this situation, if I'm scum then he should be able to make it clear to anyone.

This is possibly a indication that he feared he might not win the rhetorical fight and that shows a weakness which is in direct contradiction with his arrogance of before. It could indicate that he doesn't want to draw too much attention towards himself as town (possibly a PR), that he is in a precarious position where he might not directly benefit from lynching me - regardless of my alignment in this multiscum group (scum or third party), that he didn't felt confident enough too prove the town I am the scum he thinks I am or, the complete opposite, that he is too confident of his reads and is not willing to change his mind.

The last sentence was designed to show a weakness on my side (fear of being lynched) to incite him to react. I disagree with your position on scum being open about their fear of being lynched but it's generally a massive WIFOM nest :/

In post 378, Baby Spice wrote:Bogre, I was waiting for this answer.
Otolia wrote:@BabySpice : A serious wagon is a wagon designed to lynch someone you think is scum. In order to get your target lynched, you need to work on asking him questions, analyzing his play and cornering his answers trying to provoke a mistake.

Ok, back to strange. That answer strikes me more as a reason to not vote than a reason to vote.

Vote Otolia

I know you are not particularly inclined to making sense all the time, but I feel you should back up a vote with more informations. What in my posts was scummy ? You could say that to my own definition, I wasn't scumhunting - which I already agreed to admit - but in this case, your vote is way too late.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 395, sorgster wrote:I was pointing out he hadn't defended against someone else's case. That case seemed pretty solid to me and it seems very very likely otolia is scum.

I am not lurking anymore and my play is backed up by arguments. You say I am still town and say the case - that someone else built for you - is solid. I disagree strongly and find your conviction not strong enough.

So please answer the following questions
with arguments
:

• What about the recent explanations of mine ? Did you read them ?
  • Did you found me convincingly town ?
  • What do you still found scummy and what isn't anymore ?
  • Do you feel my own play is as solid as the case that was made ?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 398, sorgster wrote:1. I did not say you are town.
2. I read your recent explanation. I can understand the first one being sarcasm. The second one did not seem like sarcasm though. The negotiations, as you call them, seemed to be as scum trying to negotiate. You wanted him to unvote you and promised to be more active which wasn't the reason you were being voted. You also called his attacks childish which seemed to be trying to reduce the attacks even though his attacks were solid.

You still don't know how to count up to 4 ? Because I remember writing 4 different questions.

From where I stand, you are riding a wagon without knowing why, only because you know this it is an easy wagon. I have no respect for this kind of play and your immediate answer to my first post after the weekend really itched me, and you continue in the same direction. You are trying to mask the fact that your vote is weak. Writing a few sentences is not enough. You said the attacks were solid. Which ones ? Do these attacks still make sense now. I provided content to be analyzed, but you are still using old material, something which was already covered. You are basically still saying 'HERP DERP YOU ARE SCUM' without any kind of reasoning put into it. You are way too late for that, and that's aside from the fact that you don't have the same kind of content that both Ghostlin and MoI provided. You better start acting town if you want to point out fingers.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Otolia »

Alright, I am going to try another time. I don't expect much of a result though :igmeou:

Spoiler: Response to MoI
In post 416, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Otolia wrote:So here I am, after 'borrowing' a stranger's wifi. I selected a few people to talk about.

So selecting 4 people constitutes catching up with all important events in the game, as you put it?

What is ‘suspicous’? That’s what you called David X.
You are Netural on Baby.

So the only actual reads you provided were Iceguy is Town and StefanB is scum.

In a Multi-Scum team game you could only generate 1 scum player?

I am not someone who wanders around town pointing fingers at everyone just because he cans - that is what I feel you are doing. I can't look at everything and make sense all the time. This is why I am trying to limit myself. Now you could question why I choose these persons but instead you criticize the results. I am sorry I am not as sharp as you in scum-hunting.

Otolia wrote: Overall his play is far more consistent than most of the town.

Is consistency a Town tell (that’s what I think you are saying)?

A player able to keep his composure and producing the same kind of play all the time is less likely to be scum because he doesn't have to lie. At least that's how I understand things.

Otolia wrote: The vote is anti-town in the sense that it could be used on someone who I thought was scum, but it should be understand as a way to answer to MoI's
witch hunt.

I’ve noticed your penchant for specifically using loaded language as a way to discredit and undermine people. The bolded is a clear example – It clearly isn’t a witch-hunt. Your play was scummy and you were being pushed for it. You even acknowledge this (indirectly) in a post I quote later on.

Generally use of language in that manner is something I see scum doing far more than Town.

English isn't my first language so I can't really measure if it's 'loaded' as you say. It is a witch hunt when you finish all your posts by
'MOAR OTOLIA'S VOTES'
as a provocation when I already stated it displeased me. I guess your defense for purposefully doing that is that you are scum-hunting :igmeou:

[quote="In post 416
Post 400 wrote: You still don't know how to count up to 4 ? Because I remember writing 4 different questions.

You could have said “Hey, you dodged question 3 please answer this” But instead you chose to use denigrating language to convey that point.[/quote]
That was sarcasm. Already covered.

Otolia wrote:
Otolia wrote:I have a history of being targeted D1 for joking and not being pro-town during the first stages of the game. However it's very difficult to defend against that because you can choose not to trust me.

So you acknowledge that your play as displayed here isn’t Pro-Town and has gotten you pressure in the past. Yet you reacted as if my suspicion of you wasn’t warranted.

Those two trains of thought are not compatible, aka Cognitive Dissonance.

Who is using loaded language now ? :shifty: My play can be seen as scummy but it wasn't because I am town. The problem for me now is that I can't argue with you without using un-provable arguments. That's my loss. I have given my explanations, they make sense to me as townie. If they don't to you, then lynch me.

Otolia wrote:In this post, I was fishing. I am a straightforward way of scumhunting :
pick a target, question him
. But I'm not very good at discerning scumtells, thus I have to get another kind of hints and for me it is motivation. I have a good sense for what people could and couldn't do in a given situation, and though it's not enough in itself, I find it useful.

The bolded is basically a complete fabrication. You didn’t question me at all in the following which you quoted –

Why would I need to question you when I don't think you are scum ? I voted for you, it was a vote to show that you annoyed me - as previously stated. It had nothing to do with any kind of scuminess from you.

Otolia wrote:Here is what we are going to do :

You stop screaming 'MORE OTOLIA VOTES PLEASE !!!!!' every post and I'll answer every questions you and anyone ask me.
You unvote me and I'll invest more time into this game.

Not a single question there. Several commands … not questions. So basically you are fabricating an explanation (which makes no sense, BTW) after-the-fact trying to indicate you were “gambitting”.

Not buying it. I’ve seen enough. Vote stays.

MORE OTOLIA VOTES PLEASE!!!!

You are doing it again. :igmeou:

@MoI
: You carefully choose the things you wanted to react to, I felt you could react on different other things. You are doing the same thing as my president, pointing fingers at everyone, provoking anyone that could hinder you and try to control the flow. I am wary of puppet masters ...

PS : Puppet theater is awesome though \o/
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:39 pm

Post by Otolia »

@Oversoul
: I don't like the way you are selecting the quotes. I did my re-read way before you and since the weekend I have not prod-dodge once, contrary to you. If you didn't have a complete re-read then refrain from posting, because your last posts seem like you used mostly old posts without really putting everything in balance.

@BabySpice
: You quoted my post on your vote that was way too late, but you didn't write anything new. You have to back up your vote with more content than that. I'm still waiting for that.

@Sorgster
: You said in your last post that you were sheeping. Do you consider your play as useful to the town where the only thing you do is following the crowd ?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 445, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Otolia wrote:A player able to keep his composure and producing the same kind of play all the time is less likely to be scum because he doesn't have to lie. At least that's how I understand things.

Disagree. The best scum players are incredibly consistent in whatever playstyle they show. IMO you need to look at the motivations behind play as opposed to the consistency.

I do both. But the number of good scum players is way outnumbered by the number of good town players in MS because of the repartition of alignment. More training the better the player is. That's why I consider consistency to be a town tell particularly in the first stage of the game. As the games go longer, it becomes less and less valuable.

Otolia wrote:
English isn't my first language
so I can't really measure if it's 'loaded' as you say. It is a witch hunt when you finish all your posts by 'MOAR OTOLIA'S VOTES' as a provocation when I already stated it displeased me. I guess your defense for purposefully doing that is that you are scum-hunting

Well the bolded could explain, to some degree, why I find your posts perhaps more charged with language choices. Of course given you don’t have a location listed I had no reason to think it wasn’t your first language.

As to pushing your lynch … I don’t apologize for driving a lynch I think is good. You may be displeased by that but I don’t really care on that end. My goal isn’t to please my scum suspects and accommodate their wishes. It’s to successfully get a scum lynch.

I'm not complaining about the fact that you didn't knew I was french (though I explained the french joke I made about you), nor I am complaining about the resilience you show to push for my lynch. I am complaining about the way you are doing it. Using 'Kill it with fire' and 'More Otolia's vote' bolded or CAPSed is highly annoying. It is also strange because if you are as good as you claim, you shouldn't this kind of artifice to convince other townies. It is a tell of weakness from your side. Whether it's directly related to the game or not, I think you are not confident about yourself and that your arrogance is just for the show. You remind me of my former behavior.

Otolia wrote:That was sarcasm. Already covered.

You probably need to understand then that your ‘sarcasm’ isn’t being conveyed properly (which I would think you would be aware was a possibility since English isn't your first langauge) and looks insulting and scummy. If you choose to continue being ‘sarcastic’ then you will reap the rewards.

I already said it caused me trouble before. I accept the blame for that. Your case was fair in that regard. It still will because that's the way I usually talk in any language. I am starting to seriously considering adapting that style to my knowledge of english - or the opposite - but I lack the means currently.

Otolia wrote: You are doing the same thing as my president, pointing fingers at everyone, provoking anyone that could hinder you and try to control the flow. I am wary of puppet masters ...

Provoking anyone who could hinder me? I call bullshit on that.

I’m making the best of my limited time here in the game (and it is going to be limited, that I have no doubts of) to hunt scum and make my suspicions known. Your dislike of that really doesn’t concern me.

I don't like the way you keep saying you will die soon. If you are really town, it shouldn't matters to you - unless you are a PR and you feel the pressure of getting results rather sooner than later. Furthermore it allows scums (and werewolves) to play on that. Letting you live can be a good way to mess up with the remaining town mind. And if you happens to be scum and rides your self-created towncred until the last stages of the game, I hope someone will have the courage to question your alignment.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Otolia »

Holy Guacamole ! Why is the deadline so early ? I thought it was next week >>

And I'll have little time this weekend between IPL 3 and work. As Ghostlin pointed out, we need to get a lynch today. I will probably vote for BabySpice as soon as she answers me, if not, I'll re-read IceGuy.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:25 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 463, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 444, Otolia wrote:
@BabySpice
: You quoted my post on your vote that was way too late, but you didn't write anything new. You have to back up your vote with more content than that. I'm still waiting for that.

In post 461, Otolia wrote: I will probably vote for BabySpice as soon as she answers me, if not, I'll re-read IceGuy.

If she responds you'll OMGUS Babyspice, but if she doesn't respond, you'll vote IceGuy?

Explain please.

No, I am voting StefanB currently but I didn't have the possibility to question him after the weekend. So I need to change my vote. BabySpice voted for me for something that wasn't scummy at all. Maybe it makes sense in her head, so I am waiting for her answer which until now she didn't provide. If she don't, I'll vote for her.

On the other hand, the main wagons are IceGuy and me. I thought IcegGuy was townier than most, but I have to re-read him in order to decide if I am going to vote for him. And that has nothing to do with any form of OMGUS.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 536, Wraith wrote:Ghostlin, if you vigged EC then why wasn't there a second scumkill?

Protective roles, Roleblocking roles.

I am suspicious of Jackalope, he seems very elusive and a little bit too compliant. What are the arguments in the favor of a frame for your point of view, Wraith ?

Also, major town credit for Wraith at this point. His re-read seems complete and well thought out. It makes sense throughout. It will take something huge to push a wagon on him today. The same goes for Ghostlin, claiming a Night Vig should give him enough towncred until N2 where he should be investigated accordingly.

I'm re-reading BBmolla for the time being.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Otolia »

I thought I post on this thread this morning but I didn't. Don't have much time now to review the main wagon and the last pages' wall, so I'm just going to answer the following question.

In post 582, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 575, StefanB wrote:
Otalia: Why gives Ghostlins vigclaim him a freeby until night 2? Some people can't act on night 2. (Most of town can't)

I think what Otalia's saying is that investigative roles are much more likely to use their powers on me tonight (Track me, Cop me, etc), now that I've claimed the Vig. If I'm found somewhere where someone dies or have a guilty, they'll claim and that'll be all she wrote.

There is no way to attest Ghostlin's claim. If there is one I'm not aware of, I think that it would have been talked of as of right now. So the only way to know if he is town or not is to either see his flip or investigate him. In the case, he is town, I like the latter more. Thus it's pointless to target him today, as tomorrow will provide a reliable way to attest his sayings.

--

@sorgster
: You voted for me, but without real reasoning. IceGuy defended me and his defense is now proven totally independent of my alignment since he was town - there is normally no masonry in this game. Care to explain a little bit more ? What are you expecting ? Do you want to see me lynched today ?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 608, sorgster wrote:
In post 447, Otolia wrote:

Otolia wrote: You are doing the same thing as my president, pointing fingers at everyone, provoking anyone that could hinder you and try to control the flow. I am wary of puppet masters ...

Provoking anyone who could hinder me? I call bullshit on that.

I’m making the best of my limited time here in the game (and it is going to be limited, that I have no doubts of) to hunt scum and make my suspicions known. Your dislike of that really doesn’t concern me.

I don't like the way you keep saying you will die soon. If you are really town, it shouldn't matters to you - unless
you are a PR
and you feel the pressure of getting results rather sooner than later. Furthermore it allows scums (and werewolves) to play on that. Letting you live can be a good way to mess up with the remaining town mind. And if you happens to be scum and rides your self-created towncred until the last stages of the game, I hope someone will have the courage to question your alignment.

Rolefishing and moi was killed night one. MoI was also the main attacked on you.

Rolefishing ? When I'm just speculating on the reason that could force him to say he will die the first night. I was proved right, but it doesn't mean I put him in the position to reveal his possible - at that time - Power Role.

I think you are trying to frame me.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Otolia »

@Ghostlin : sorgster is maybe WIFOMing the hell out of me, but you sure smoke too much happy weed.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 636, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 621, Otolia wrote:@Ghostlin : sorgster is maybe WIFOMing the hell out of me, but you sure smoke too much happy weed.

Otolia, that was easily one of the weakest cases I've seen, followed by one of the most... overtly paranoidly interesting defensives I've ever seen, I could EASILY see it as a distancing bus on behalf of one of you and sorg, I could easily see you both together as partners.

Hell, replace the word 'bus' in the 'You're trying to frame me' sentence, and you don't lose that much in the translation.

I don't really see in which occasion would sorgster (who isn't the most fluent mafia player in this game) would bus me to gain towncred. It doesn't make sense because he is in a weak position and the towncred he would gain wouldn't certainly stay until the end particularly given the big unknown part in the setup. The only case you could argue we are both scummy is that we are on opposed scumteams. I am not really paranoid on this particular attack, it's just I feel strange he would put up something like this. Either he knows something I don't and I want to know that as well, or he is mistaken. But let that aside until he replies.

I have the biggest difficulties getting into the game, and I have to say that ToastyToast outdated reads are really not helping.

I wanted to put advance on my BabySpice case but she has gone missing site-wide. Maxous and Dry-Fit are in maximum lurking mode so it makes allthemore difficult to get reads.

And since I saw I wasn't voting, I'm going to hoping to focus on the following player.

VOTE: TheJakalope
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 650, ToastyToast wrote:@Otolia: So your to say if I read the next 5 pages, you would suddenly be obvtown?

No what I am saying is that nobody cares about your reads based on the first 20 pages, either you post your updated reads or you stop flooding the thread with things that everyone know about. It looks like you are doing something but you are not. And you won't gain towncred from me for that.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 652, ToastyToast wrote:5 pages from ending is surely not outdated, and yeah, you should care about my reads AND the means to which I've come to those conclusions.

Would you prefer I just lurk like the other 90% of the player list? If you'd prefer I just stop commenting altogether and that I don't explain my reads, then by all means say so. However, I happen to think that playing style of not contributing is more akin to your style (a.k.a blatantly anti-town). Also, if you actually read my posts you would see that 1) most of what I'm posting are my opinions on issues and whether I think they are scummy or not, and 2) bring new points to the cases. I believe someone said that people are giving you crap for about one post? Yeah, I've commented on quite a lot more than a single post of yours and why you deserve a vote.

Don't start with me.

Cool story. So when do you vote me then ? By the way, I like your judgement (*cough* 90% *cough*) and your knowledge of my playstyle. But don't get over yourself, I don't care what you say about me. It probably already have been said. I have already explained myself. You can choose not to believe in my honesty, it's irrelevant to the current situation.

What I reproach you is that you are not actively participating to the
current
discussion. You may have uncover exceptional mysteries during your catch-up reading but it sure doesn't deserve ~5 posts. Especially after your second post :

In post 529, ToastyToast wrote:yo I'm about ten pages in. idk if I'll be caught up today (like. A LOT of college stuff to take care of)

You are trying to look like you are scumhunting but commiserating over the past isn't in the definition. So yeah, I start with you and I don't care about your pseudo threat.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 691, The Fonz wrote:
In post 678, StefanB wrote:
means that he has to chose using it. He hasn't stated anythink so I think we are safe from that acidently hammer. To be shure:
Fonz: Can you clearyfy that you currently have only one vote on Dry-Fit!

Negative. Both are on Dry-fit: I used the secret vote since I last posted.

Does it means that you are the double-voter from last day ? If yes, is the current votecount false ?

@StefanB
: Yes I wanted to question you and couldn't do it because during the last moments of D1, I wanted to vote BabySpice whoo unfortunately flaked. You said that the cross-defense of me and IceGuy was strange. But from my PoV, he defended me even for very valid reasons and thus was more inclined to be town. That's why I defended him.

I'm not seeing Dry-Fit as scum but, he and TheJakalope seems to have entered an heavy lurking mode. I think we should force a lynch on one of those two no matter what. Otherwise it sets a dangerous defense example for scum.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Otolia »

So after Toasty, we have Alabaska doing walls of the past. Great !

@PeregrineV
: What are your conclusions on the 'votecount' you did ? Do you see patterns or anything valuable ? If not, was it useful at all ?

I think we are heading in a wall right now. Neither Dry-Fit nor TheJakalope are defending themselves actively. For me it means that they are not town PR because those are most likely feeling the burden of responsibility (particularly for newer players), so it leaves us with them being scum or VT. Since we can't agree on one of them, I suggest switching all our votes on somebody else (like sorgster for example) at once. Remember that the day is dawning soon.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #32) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Otolia »

I proposed an alternative to the dead end we are in and I am either having a silly logic, no town motivation. IceGuy was already lynched for having another point of view and you attack me for the same thing. But yeah, we can continue in this direction and proceed to quicklynch 2 hours before deadline.

Mistake ... Learning ... I think you get my point.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 762, Wraith wrote:@Ghost: I'm still very much turned off from an Otolia-lynch. The original fire got started because he came out and said "I really don't care about this game right now" which is really something I don't feel scum would do, ever. The fact that he continued to go "Meh, whatever. Seriously, I don't care right now" even as the fire grew helped him in my eyes. Scum try to avoid attention and fire at all costs, not throw wood on it.

Though you are right, it's totally unprovable. It's not an argument I used at any point and that's why my defense was town-oriented.

In post 757, Maxous wrote:Otolia -there is some free seats on the DX wagon if you want to join.

If I thought the TheJakalope wagon was completely dead, I would have voted sorgster already. And though I'm more and more considering that as a last resort possibility, I'd like to avoid that. I think scum are stalling the game and will force a quick-lynch shortly before the deadline. This kind of quickvotes nullify the power of VCA or any vote-based analysis.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Otolia »

This, however, is irony.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Otolia »

@TheJakalope : Actually no, it shows that instead of trying to explain yourself for the accusations that have been made, your prefer to provide an information. I am actually looking for the name of the stylistic figure you used but I can't find it.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Otolia »

Week-end prod evasion \o/ yay me !
Deadline is approaching very quickly -> I don't like that feeling of urgency. Is TheJakalope getting lynched or not ? If not, which person seems the most scummy target.

PS : I probably won't post more in the next 36 hours, but I'll try to read the thread.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by Otolia »

I can't declare V/LA for the whole next game-day but it's going to be hard for me to follow the game very closely.

I'll re-read Maxous today and decide if he deserves a vote. Based on D2, I would add sorgster to the list too.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 936, BBmolla wrote:I believe if there's scum in my society it's DavidX.

Shall I claim my role? Because I'm having a hard time believing the roleblock at the moment.

Before you do that, I have a question to Maxous.

@Maxous : When did you Roleblocked BBmolla ? Do you think he could have been targeted ? Who was your other target ? The first two questions are mandatory.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 986, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 985, Bogre wrote:Can someone succinctly clarify the Max/BBMolla deal and if they are counterclaiming each other.

OK. Here's a quick recap of the day. I cited Max for a bus of Jak (and a few other reasons, along with reasoning that his joining the IG wagon was crap and not well done) and GW joined my wagon with a few other folks. Toasty Toast went 'wait a minute. There was one nightkill and Maxous blocked and didn't claim it.' He voted Max for concealing the RB which could be revelant from Town. Max claims he blocked BBmolla.

Somewhere during this BBmolla claimed that he was in a SS team with DX and AJ and none of the three of them could be Wolf scum when the wagon started on him. This was confirmed by DX and AJ. Note this is Wolves NOT Mafia. The claim was slopply done, but believable enough since no one from that team had any real ties to Jak.

Max, under duress, has claimed he blocked my Vig target N1; which was Etherial Cookie.

I have to admit I'm fuzzy on the BBMolla case; but I think some of it is a hold over from the last game day.

They've not counterclaimed each other pe se, and I think Toasty revealing Jak's action last night is valid...however, there is something bothering me:

BBMolla: Yes or no again: did you take an action last night (either through your own power or that of the SS?)DO NOT REVEAL YOUR NIGHT ACTION.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have some difficulties following what you are all discussing about.

I don't know if I believe Maxous claim. His block on EtherealCookie is too convenient since the target is dead and was a VT.

All these missing kills makes me wonder why you are still alive Ghostlin. If I remember well, there was a large consensus on the town-alignment of you, zMM and, MoI in day 1. You are the only one remaining. Do you have any explanations for that ?

There is a flaw in your plan Ghostlin, if both BBMolla and Maxous are scum in differens team, both of them would lie without hesitation. Furthermore not every ability has a feedback from Magua.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1070, Alabaska J wrote:hey back from V/LA; i am in the group with DX and BBMolla, and BBMolla was the one who used our ability to target players. this roleblock would explain why no one was inducted.

currently rereading, but i realized this info might be very important

What is with you not stating the days ? Is that so hard to add "D1" or "D2" ? If it's D1, then it would be right. If it's D2, you can only know the results of inducing at the start of the next night (as stated by the example society) so you are either mistaken or purposefully lying to defend one of the focused players - more likely BBMolla. However BBMolla stated that his ability was the action that was supposed to be blocked was personal.

In post 992, BBmolla wrote:I did an action regarding my personal role.

For me it's a way to softclaim he has a power role while not being forced to state what it is because (if Maxous is town) he has no reason to doubt the roleblock on him. Furthermore the way he claimed that Maxous and him are both town makes me think he is scum.

VOTE: BBMolla

On a side note, I have very little time to answer in the thread though I tried to read it as much as possible. My exams will end on the 11th of November. I will resume full time play then.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Otolia »

Oversoul ... words are failing me.

The bright side of this pathetic show by a less than respectable player is that we finally have a switch on sorgster. The thing puzzling me is how could he be lynched when it has clearly been proven that not every actions done last day by BBMolla and Maxous couldn't be proven by any means. At least of of them had to die to my opinion. aside from that, sorgster isn't a bad lynch.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (isolation #42) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Otolia »

The use of 'I' and 'we' on the last post is very interesting. But that's not even the main problem here : BBMolla you are either dumb or scum. Pick you flaw.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Otolia »

Sometimes I wished some of you read properly : my ID is Otolia, not Othalia nor Otalia or any deviation for this. You could name me Oto if you wish though.

I don't understand why BBmolla would explain the mechanics of his Society, it's not the answer to the question asked by TheFonz and it serves no use to the town to know that precise mechanics. It's either a poor decision for a PR holding town or a attempt to secure his place by a scum. BBmolla will hold the power for his SS for tonight and the members won't know whether he has been truthful or not due to the RB claim. In summary, the self-control mechanics of the societies isn't functioning for BBmolla and that worries me. I don't care that he looks town, if his additional society powers can't be controlled by the society it's a risk for town; a risk I don't appreciate.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (isolation #44) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Otolia »

Yes I haven't been participating a lot because I have exams today and tomorrow. But to say that I didn't read the game is far fetched. Now I haven't got as much attention from the town than in D1, but that isn't my fault. Furthermore I don't see any reasons to say I am confirmed non-werewolf, nor do I see any indications that I would have go to kill someone on D2 (D3 ?)

If ToastyToast is some sort of watcher, then he can state which persons he thinks I have visited. I don't like being accused like that but I think TT is more likely to be town than scum because it's very dangerous to claim a investigative role as scum when you are not sure your target is scum. He could be completely bullshitting but my flip would put him on a very precarious spot so that's rather unlikely.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 1201, ToastyToast wrote:In post 1190, The Fonz wrote:In post 1187, ToastyToast wrote:I think we should still be careful not to let Otolia and BBmolla slip under the radar today.Yesterday's flip makes me think sorgster is town.Oh yeah, both of these players are town.How so? Otolia has been anti-town since D1 and has clearly lowered his posting amount and slipped under the radar. BBmolla was allegedly blocked by a roleblocker (albeit, scum), and there was only one kill that night. thus, he is still leaning-scum. He defended well and is conf non-wolf, but this doesn't clear him.

I misread this part.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Otolia »

Main suspects so far are Dry-Fit and sorgster. They haven't been really convincing at all and I am at a loss as to why they focus me so much. Scum likelihood is high but so is backseat townies.

I would be very surprised if The Fonz was in a scum group. Secret double voting is a very powerful mechanics and given the randomness of Secret Society powers, I am not sure the reviewer would have let that pass.

More analysis tomorrow.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1258, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 1252, Otolia wrote:Main suspects so far are Dry-Fit and sorgster. They haven't been really convincing at all and I am at a loss as to why they focus me so much. Scum likelihood is high but so is backseat townies.

I would be very surprised if The Fonz was in a scum group. Secret double voting is a very powerful mechanics and given the randomness of Secret Society powers, I am not sure the reviewer would have let that pass.

I don't know why you're at a loss because the reasons you found Sorgster and I scummy apply to you as well.

And as for The Fonz, by your own logic wouldn't that mean you think The Fonz is lying, and therefore scum?

Strongly tempted to join this David wagon. Doesn't look like Otolia wagon is going anywhere again...

I am hesitating between insulting you for being absurdly stupid and totally ignorant of the definition of logic, or just too lazy to read. But that's okay, I let people enjoy backseat townie role once in a while as long as we keep lynching scum, you will have no influence whatsoever on the outcome of the game.

By the way, it was obvious that I meant to say that Secret double voting was more likely to be accepted as a town role because it reinforces the main weapon of the town voting which conveniently is the most balanced one. Giving a voting-related role to a scum is very dangerous and unless there is a non-scum confirmed ability to balance it, I don't see it being in game. It's pure meta-gaming conjecture, but it's solid. More solid than you case on me for that matter.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Otolia »

Time to get back in this game. I thought I posted here yesterday as well but I failed to do so. In the following days expect a post per day at the minimum from me. If I don't, request a prod from Magua.

David Xanatos
: While he seems scummy it's not obvious far from it. I have in another game observed his tendency to vote No Lynch as town; Though it doesn't clear him it's could certainly be an explanation. Now it's not an argument in itself. I'm not seeing the scummy part in him but that's maybe because we never catch any Mafia aligned player. I would be willing to lynch him because we had fairly good results so far so we can wander on not so good paths if that's what it takes to get back on the right track.

VOTE: David Xanatos

Dry-Fit
: Since his attacks on me he has gone as low under the radar as me. And while that kind of behavior isn't strange for sorgster, I never played with Dry-Fit so I can't judge. He is scummy to me and I'll support any kind of lynch on him.

sorgster
: My conclusion on him are the same as the Dry-Fit ones but sorgster is the worse of the two if that's any help. Will lynch him anytime.

I'll do another re-read tomorrow with further questions for the players.

@Magua
: Would it be acceptable to reduce the duration for prods ?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:50 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 1319, The Fonz wrote:
In post 1310, Otolia wrote:
David Xanatos
: While he seems scummy it's not obvious far from it. I have in another game observed his tendency to vote No Lynch as town; Though it doesn't clear him it's could certainly be an explanation. Now it's not an argument in itself. I'm not seeing the scummy part in him but that's maybe because we never catch any Mafia aligned player. I would be willing to lynch him because we had fairly good results so far so we can wander on not so good paths if that's what it takes to get back on the right track.

VOTE: David Xanatos

Now, I've been defending Otolia, but this is just horrific.

'I have no idea why this player might be scummy but we've lynched right twice so we can afford to lynch town if it might help us get scum at some unspecified point in future.'

Not exactly. I am lacking words to describe my thoughts. I value the opinions of others that see the scummy part in him. And while I'm not convinced of his alignment, there is a strong grey area because we never caught Mafia (as opposed to Werewolves) so far we had good results being lead by Ghostlin so I am willing to trust him once more. It doesn't prevent me from thinking there are better targets (as I mentioned Dry-Fit and sorgster though the last is more of a bad player) but the town has to stick together dispersing our votes might not be as useful.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (isolation #50) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1337, Yosarian2 wrote:Is there a case against David other then lurking? The posts he has made don't seem all that scummy to me.

Thing is when town he has an history of being a little more defensive of his case. That silence is troubling to say the least. Now aside from him who do you want to see lynched today ? From where I stand only him and sorgster can harvest enough votes. Make yours.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (isolation #51) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 1293, Dry-fit wrote:
Otolia wrote:But that's okay, I let people enjoy backseat townie role once in a while as long as we keep lynching scum, you will have no influence whatsoever on the outcome of the game.

If I'm one of your top suspects, why do you think it's okay to let me hang around in the background?

I didn't see that at first but the last post of Dry-Fit (see below) made me do a complete review of his posts.

So you ask questions but you don't push for an answer ? I don't think it was an rhetorical question so I am seriously questioning your motives. That's the kind of question I would ask to look like I am scum hunting. I have been slacking off lately with my MS presence but it's time to change that. The Fonz and Yos are right, there are better targets than DX, Dry-Fit is one.

In post 1355, Dry-fit wrote:Even though he hasn't done much this game to suggest it, David is a tricky player, at least as scum. I just finished a game with him where he softclaimed a pr day one and day two claimed miller gunsmith. he then claimed a guilty on his only remaining scumbuddy who rode that town cred to victory. So I think David is definitely capable of pulling a stunt like claiming not to know that scum has daytalk.

Unvote. Vote: David Xanatos

L-1.

You use a gambit in another circonstance to justify a vote. There are HUGE differences between softclaiming and selling one's buddy for town credit and lurking. In fact a scum as ballsy as someone you described wouldn't be likely to make the mistake of divulging information on his abilities particularly on closed setup. Your argumentation isn't coherent. You should be beheaded.

UNVOTE: David Xanatos
UNVOTE: Dry-Fit

Rally your banners folks, it's high time to make the right choice for today.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (isolation #52) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1362, Dry-fit wrote:Mentioning his gambit wasn't meant to justify the vote. The only defense of DX really offered by anyone is that he made a post that suggested that he didn't know scum have daytalk. I pointed out that I think he is capable of faking that. As I'm sure you know I'd rather lynch you but we're getting close to deadline and DX looks like the sure lynch anyways.

If the mention of the gambit wasn't a justification of your vote, then what are your reasons for voting DX ? In this particular quote, I see :

• Voting DX because he is the most likely lynch ('
    DX looks like the sure lynch anyways
    '). That's clearly a scum perspective, on the contrary would you say you vote for him because you think there is no way to form a wagon on me until deadline that would be town.
  • Using the fact that David Xanatos is fighting. ('
    only defense of DX
    ') Sure DX defense isn't stellar but it's neither town nor scum. Some people are more likely to go ninja when completely cornered by questions. Some of them are scum, some are not. It's a false argument.
  • Using the gambit as justification even though you said it wasn't ('
    Mentioning his gambit wasn't meant to justify the vote
    ' vs. '
    he is capable of faking that
    ') It's clearly contradictory.

I wasn't voting for you like I should have because I couldn't figure any reason a scum would target me of all people. Now I don't need that since you clearly came out from the shadow. I settled down a little bit cowardly for David Xanatos ...
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (isolation #53) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1366, PeregrineV wrote:@Otolia- You are not voting Dry-Fit right now.

Cpy-paste failed me. Thanks for the remark.

VOTE: Dry-Fit

Seriously sorgster ?! All you ever do is read the last post and vote foolishly ? And after that you wonder why I considering a policy lynch against you. I am interested in the answer from GW so I won't comment on that but your vote is bad. As your overall play.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (isolation #54) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1366, PeregrineV wrote:@Otolia- You are not voting Dry-Fit right now.

Copy-paste failed me. Thanks for the remark.

Seriously sorgster ?! All you ever do is read the last post and vote foolishly ? And after that you wonder why I considering a policy lynch against you. I am interested in the answer from GW so I won't comment on that but your vote is bad. As your overall play.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (isolation #55) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1372, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 1353, David Xanatos wrote:The fact I didn't know Scum had daytalk would likely be a rather glaring one, no?

And as for reads, GW, BBMolla, Otolia, Ghostlin are my top scum-picks.

....I want everyone in Town not on David's wagon to explain how half your reads being an apathetic OMGUS and sitting down until it blows over isn't the work of scum.

And I want you to comment on Dry-Fit wagon ASAP.

Can you stop trying to stir things up when you could just post your opinions on Dry-Fit, and sorgster to a lesser extent. The latter being the horrible player he is we might have to take him down soon but today isn't the day for that.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1397, Global Warming wrote:
In post 1394, David Xanatos wrote:VOTE: Dry Fit

As far as I'm concerned, BB is ConfScum now.

"Bbmolla comfscum so imma vote noncomfscum cuz lol"

Please, walk into the noose for yourself. Save us some time.

Except if he is town he can't vote for anyone except Dry-Fit now. It's the same if he is scum but there is no way to tell the difference. That post alone isn't an argument in favor of his lynch. The same case can be made against Dry-Fit too.

@DavidXanatos : While is BBMolla confirmed scum to you right now ? What have changed ? Why didn't you used that information sooner ?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (isolation #57) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Otolia »

Alright folks, I have 2 suspects and one of them has to be lynched today. In order of scumminess, I present you :

Dry-Fit
: His play at the last moment of D4 was bad, and more than that i was scummy. As I said previously, I was reluctant to paint him as scum because he was targeted me. My D1 play was less than stellar and though I become more confident as the game progress I doubt Dry-Fit would know that since he never played with me. So I was trying to look for a scum reason to target me and there was none that I could think of. Nevertheless now that the Werewolves is at 0 (or 1) player, it's becoming more and more likely that the scum team would try to gain town-credit by forcing a mislynch that would backfire on one of them. That one appears to be Dry-Fit. So if Dry-Fit is scum there will be other scum on his wagon - I am looking at Global Warming now.

@Dry-Fit
: What makes you think I am scummy and worthy of a lynch ? Please be convincing.

BBMolla
: When you are in a neighborhood with someone you have the possibility to obtain information that the rest of the town cannot. Among BBmolla, David Xanatos and Alabaska none of them could be werewolves, however and that's a bit of metagaming, a scum was likely to be there. Considering both of the other have been lynched or died, it leaves us with a very suspect BBmolla.

Spoiler: Some of the most interesting post made by BBmolla
In post 936, BBmolla wrote:I believe if there's scum in my society it's DavidX.

Shall I claim my role? Because I'm having a hard time believing the roleblock at the moment.

In post 944, BBmolla wrote:@Ghostlin:
Yes.

As a side note, I was the inducter n1, meaning I could not use my actual role that night.

Not claiming for now.

In post 1019, BBmolla wrote:I'm having issues talking about it without claiming my role. I don't know if I was roleblocked and have no way to confirm either way.

In post 1046, BBmolla wrote:To be quite honest, atm I don't think Max is scum.

Think about it logically guys, how many of you had a legit town read on me? Why would a scum roleblocker block me over someone much townier?

That doesn't make much sense.

I said I doubted the roleblock at first and have reasoning, but now it's possible but I have no way of knowing.

VOTE: David X

In my opinion, this is a better lynch guys. I think me and Max are both town.

In post 1221, BBmolla wrote:We recruited new members into it N2, and the two new members allowed us to use another ability N3 that I won't reveal unless I see it being relevent.

In post 1250, BBmolla wrote:Quick question here.

I have a theory in regards to this.

In post 1174, Magua wrote:Alabaska J, Vanilla Townie, was killed Night 3.

I think there is a possibility that either the mafia or the werewolves are trying to get rid of the now confirmed non-wolves. Most likely the werewolves, as mafia could still attempt to pin the non-wolves as mafia.

I think we should lynch David X, but regardless of his flip I'm probably dead tonight anyway :/

VOTE: DavidX

What you can say for those posts, is that he used his claim to get out of the lynch and at the same time voted for David Xanatos. Unless you are certain your partner is scum, it is very dangerous to lynch someone in your society because it limits the power you can have. But that's unless you have as scum a solution to control the society. That's why we need to clear the

@BBmolla
: Claim your full role (not the society one) with the actions you performed all the nights whether or not you were roleblocked (not the society ones).
@Another member of the society
: Confirmed that you are currently in the society with him. If you are two, I let you decide if you should claim or not as it has implications I am not able to see fully.
@Others members of the town
: Don't try to stir things up. If you disagree with me, present the flaws or the plan (there are some that I have considered) but do not attempt to protect BBmolla from claiming.

I also had sorgster as scummy too but I feel I'm on a better trail with both of the person above.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (isolation #58) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Otolia »

I didn't expected much from my gambit but that was wielded surprising no results aside from a few association that could be made. So I'll come back with that tomorrow, in the mean time I think Ghostlin was a little bit too aggressive in his answer. Do you fear something buddy ?

I never intended to vote for anyone aside from Dry-Fit today but I wanted to see what people would comment after my post. Sadly not much :(. However it's still a perfect day to lynch Dry-Fit.

@whispersilk
: Do you think I should be suspected ? If so, please feel free to come at me anytime. You had some good points but scum even when attempting to force a mislynch in a powerful situation can't afford to vote all for the same person. In fact some of them might still prefer not to vote if you see what I mean
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (isolation #59) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Otolia »

FUCK. THIS. GAME.

That's it for now. I'm pissed at myself I couldn't see that coming. I have some big soul searching to do. I'll come back if my internet allows me when I am done.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”