ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 723, Alabaska J wrote:Hey guys, i've decided to get fully recommitted to this game after talking with the mod. i'm going to do a thorough reread of day one, and if there's anything you specifically feel i should address, let me know.

And you realize you've said similar things multiple times and given minimal effort/no effort after saying this?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Town

17. Alabaska J**
StefanB
Yosarian2
Ghostlin
Muffin
TT

Funny Feelings

The Fonz - I fail to see how it wouldn't be simpler for everyone for him to just double vote every time he moves his vote.

Null

Bogre
DY
Wraith
Global Warming
Oversoul
DX
TJ

I couldn't remem,ber and therefore prob scum

Whisper
Maxous
Sorg
Pere
BB

Scum

Dry-Fit
Oto

Got to run now.
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Magua »

Global Warming prodded.

Vote Count 2.7

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Dry-Fit (6): BBmolla, The Fonz, Yosarian2, David Xanatos, sorgster, TheJakalope
TheJakalope (6): Global Warming, Ghostlin, StefanB, Otolia, DarthYoshi, Oversoul
David Xanatos (2): Maxous, PeregrineV
BBmolla (2): Wraith, Dry-fit
Alabaska J (2): zMuffinMan, ToastyToast
sorgster (1): Bogre

Not voting (3): Empking's Alt, whispersilk, Alabaska J

Deadline is October 25th, at 11:00am EST.
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-10-25 11:00:00)
Global Warming
Global Warming
Goon
Global Warming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:39 am

Post by Global Warming »

So cons has gone awol on me. I'll reread and get some content up within a couple days, just responding to the prod.
Global Warming
Global Warming
Goon
Global Warming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Global Warming »

To be perfectly honest, I'm likely going to have to replace us out if cons doesn't return in the near future. I signed up for this game with the capacity of being "half" a player slot, not being the full on bearer of all the responsibility. I simply lack the time to contribute as much as I feel I should if I were alone.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Vote: Dry-Fit
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:02 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

briefly skimmed the last couple pages because I'm tired and short on time (due to having an appointment with my bed and my pillow and stuff, this is an over-elaborate metaphor or something that's taking far too long to write and is going to make me late for this appointment so it's probably best I stop talking about it).

Someone asked why I think what Alabaska has done is scummy and why I don't think what Jakalope has done is scummy. It's because Alabaska has done 2 main things that strike me as being particularly scum-motivated. The first is an inconsistency with his supposed reads and where his vote lies. He put his vote down on BS early for pretty poor reasoning (it was mostly sheeping Yos) and then later in the game comes back without a mention of BS but notes that he agrees with Bogre that StefanB is scummy. At this point, the BS wagon was on its way to being completely dead. There was no reason for him not to switch his vote if he truly believed what he wrote.

The second is the fact that he never really developed any solid reads (scum or town) other than MoI (and, arguably, StefanB, who he didn't feel like voting...). Which is strange for a few reasons, but really looked like he was just active lurking and writing shit he thought would be enough to escape suspicion.

Jakalope is just playing like a VI, but at least he's giving reads, and some of his posts just have a really townish tone. I'll elaborate on what I mean after some sleep.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Spoiler: Spoiler
In post 240, Maxous wrote:hmm

unvote

VOTE: IceGuy

I'm gonna go with this

this seems to be where the IceGuy wagon starts in earnest. strange that it has so little foundation

In post 254, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Otolia wrote:I know you feel entitled to lead the town to a marvelous victory because
you are so full of yourself you can't possibly imagine yourself not being right
, but you might want to tone it a bit. Just for the sake of your head, I worry about your health.

So despite never having played with me before (which you acknowledged earlier) you’ve suddenly made the bolded sweeping judgement about me. Lovely. I’ve never said I’m never wrong. Even the best scum-hunters aren’t 100% accurate. That said I’m on a pretty good hot-streak lynching scum (BTTF Mafia, [REDACTED]) as of late so excuse me if I don’t go second-guessing myself based on AtE.

As for the ‘worry about your health’ I’m not sure whether to take that as a “My scum team is definitely NKing you tonight’ threat or not. Regardless you should gander and my title and realize it probably doesn’t much matter in a multi-scum game if I ‘lay back’ or not.

emphasis mine. it's weird; from reading i don't get a real scum vibe form otolia, but he really hasn't posted much.

In post 259, Otolia wrote:
@MoI
: There is nothing I want to answer to you right now. If I continue to argue the way I am doing it right now, I'm going to end up insulting you and that won't help anyone. You basically force me to engaged in a childish pride contest by screaming 'MORE OTOLIA VOTES PLEASE !!!!!' every post. I gave it to you and you will feel dumb for five minutes in almost every possible ending of this contest and you are going to move on afterwards. I suggest you tone down the witch hunting and start your motivation analyzing tool on why you I face you that stubbornly and we can both move on untouched.
Your choice.

Here is what we are going to do :
  • You stop screaming 'MORE OTOLIA VOTES PLEASE !!!!!' every post and I'll answer every questions you and anyone ask me.
  • You unvote me and I'll invest more time into this game.

PS : I fear this might be interpreted as scum trying to negotiate but at this point, it's better than heading in the wall.

this seems like a big misrep from Otolia here; i don't see MoI as using ad hominems. his case against Otolia was mediocre until Otolia's response. he was obviously VERY perturbed by MoI asking for votes…along with the earlier quote, MoI's death is NOT looking good for Otolia right now

In post 262, PeregrineV wrote:I'm not feeling the Otolia as scum thing either. Scum doesn't walk in and stick their [REDACTED] into a blender to start the game.
If you're voting him for annoyingness, then fine. But in all cases, lynching scum is preferred.

can you explain exactly how he stuck his [REDACTED] into a blender? maybe i just do not understand this analogy

In post 267, BBmolla wrote:
In post 252, Otolia wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
1. Refusal to scum-hunt.
2. Active lurking.
3. Voting on policy reasons after explicitly saying he was waiting for a valid wagon

What I really want is to see you shut your annoying mouth. That's what I want.
I know you feel entitled to lead the town to a marvelous victory
because you are so full of yourself you can't possibly imagine yourself not being right, but you might want to tone it a bit. Just for the sake of your head, I worry about your health.

Er.

Does this bug anyone else?

Otolio, do you think MoI is town or scum?

I was going to post saying this bandwagon on Otolio is wierd, but with the bolded statement I might just join it.

good point here. why wouldn't Otolia assume MoI is scum, rather than town, especially if he was so close to voting him?

In post 268, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 259, Otolia wrote:
@MoI

• You unvote me and I'll invest more time into this game.[/list].

• fos:Otolia

I know MoI can be annoying, but the last couple of Otolia posts do not sound town-motivated at all.

+1 to Yos

In post 271, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Yos wrote:I don't think I have. Why, do you have meta on her?

Well, I’d say yes … on gut feel I don’t see this as BabySpice-Scum. She chose to come out swinging at both Magister and yourself. Not exactly what you would call soft targets.

When I have seen her as scum (Stars Aligned 3, Atomic Mafia, That Bastard Game I Don’t Talk About) she spends much less time attacking targets and making soft statement in the early game (and sometimes Day into it, or as long as she is allowed to lurk). She almost universally avoids what I call Hard Targets (experienced scummers with reputations) unless they are under fire from other strong scummers. Does a good share of buddying.

Convexly when I see her as Town (Battle for Olympus) she is more willing to actively spread her vote around and is willing to call out players who attack her actively.

In fact her position that you are misrepping her here is very reminicant of a similar accusation (incorrect, mind you) she made against me in Battle for Olympus.

So in the end I don’t see this as scum BabySpice. It’s possible she’s changed her stripes but until I see something that sets my scum-dar abuzz she’s in the Townish pool for me.

knowing what we know now, i'm willing to accept this as a fairly good meta read on BabySpice

In post 275, zMuffinMan wrote:@jakalope,

jakalope wrote:I feel at least one or two of the votes on me are antitown..

Elaborate with something other than, "just because..."

BS is probably town. Otolia is probably town.

Oh, god. That BS wagon

Baby Spice (6): whispersilk, Yosarian2, Alabaska J, Wraith, StefanB, Bogre

I don't have a single town read on it.

@moi,

moi wrote:Please explain to me exactly why Otolia doesn't need votes? How does

1. Refusal to scum-hunt.
    2. Active lurking.
    3. Voting on policy reasons after explicitly saying he was waiting for a valid wagon

come from Town?

*shrug*

Explain why you think he'd be this blatant about it if he was scum.

Yes, I am saying he's too scummy to be scum. And this sort of stubborn, dickheaded Otolia is something I think is more likely to come from him as town.

That said, he should stop doing this and start playing, but I don't think he's scum.

sage wrote:zmuffin is leaning scum. I would lean town, but with him it seems that he's whatever he dosen't seem to be.

This actually made me lol.

peregrine wrote:I'm not feeling the Otolia as scum thing either. Scum doesn't walk in and stick their [REDACTED] into a blender to start the game.

This. Completely this. Add on to this it's Otolia.

BB wrote:I was going to post saying this bandwagon on Otolio is wierd, but with the bolded statement I might just join it.

Are you suggesting Otolia knows MoI is town in a game with two scum factions and an unknown amount of other anti-town roles?

I understood Otolia's point completely here. It's not a scum tell or anything.

Anyway, my vote on whisper going nowhere fast.

unvote

notice the sweeping generalizations at the beginning (although to his credit he explains the Otolia one at least), the backing of an Otolia i'm increasingly disliking, then a vote out of nowhere on IceGuy; this is the second big move towards the IceGuy wagon, which now has two votes. while this might be a playstyle thing (unfortunately this has become more and more of a trend in the passing years), i strongly dislike play in which players make generalizations that can easily be interpreted as having much more basis than they actually do in a passing glance. now, i'm all for announcing gut reads; they can be very important. however, you should be sure to announce these as such, and if you don't announce something as a gut read, i'm gonna assume you have evidence that you are for some reason not posting. also note that this is more of a rant than actual analysis of this post; zmuffinman does provide evidence to back up some of his claims.

In post 276, Yosarian2 wrote:This was kind of an odd post. Can someone who's played with him before tell me if this:

zMuffinMan wrote:
    BS is probably town. Otolia is probably town.

Oh, god. That BS wagon

Baby Spice (6): whispersilk, Yosarian2, Alabaska J, Wraith, StefanB, Bogre

I don't have a single town read on it.

is normal meta for this guy?

(Or, to put it another way. Do you know z muffin man? Z muffin man? Z muffin man?)

+2 for yos. summed up what i was trying to say much better than i did

In post 281, zMuffinMan wrote:First, you're assuming that people who aren't town reads of mine are scum reads. If they were scum reads, I'd say "holy crap there's so much scum on that wagon" or something along those lines. That wagon simply has no town reads of mine on it and I didn't even realise who was on the Baby Spice wagon until I saw the votecount on the previous page. First thought that ran through my head was "wow, I don't have any town reads on that wagon, something is up".

Secondly, I do think almost everyone in this game is currently wrong (or scum). What of it? Interestingly, about half my town reads have chosen not to jump on either of those wagons, and it's mostly my weaker town reads on Otolia right now, so that reassures me somewhat.

how do these two points gel? you claim you have a scumread on almost everyone; shouldn't the fact that the majority of the BabySpice wagon NOT being in your scumread group (which is what this post is implying) be indicative of the opposite point, that nothing much is wrong with it? can you help rectify these contradicting statements? also you STILL haven't justified the IceGuy at this point.

In post 287, zMuffinMan wrote:
    iceguy wrote:Players who jumped onto the Baby Spice wagon without justification: Alabaska, GW, Wraith, StefanB and Bogre

Players who jumped onto the Otolia wagon without justification: StefanB, sorgster, Ghostlin

The "opportunistic scum" award of this game goes to StefanB.

Right...

So what if BabySpice and Otolia are scum? Where is the opportunism here?

i hope you are playing devil's advocate here…

In post 288, Global Warming wrote:Sorry, was busy for a few days.
    The Otolia wagon is all right, but it is a bit easy. Otolia is severely anti-town and therefore a likely mislynch for scum.
    Baby Spice is more town in his last few posts. (Though we are still debating a bit on this read)
    Sorgster still is scum with his easy hops and last few easy Otolia attacks.
    Dry-Fit isn't much better either. Extremely low profile and bad attacks.
    However, I want every one (besides Maxous and MuffinMan) to read IceGuy a bit closer.

His first posts are all fluff.
    At post #219 every thing he says is mentioned already. (the quote of DY he had answered himself before). Because of that, that post is completely ignored. (aside from the quote he had from DY on which the answer was "I don't know if scum or town tell)
    Then in his last post, he totally ignores the possibility of one or both of them being scum and just looks a lame reason to vote for someone.
    Both of his votes (not counting his RVS vote) were extremely low on evidence and are easily skipped because of it.

IceGuy is scum doing as little as possible and flying under the radar as good as he can.

vote: IceGuy

the next step in the IceGuy wagon. this is the first post i've referenced that has some actual logic attached to it. Global Warming seems to imply Otalia is too scummy to be scum, which i don't like, but if Otalia is town, you are correct in asserting that she is a likely mislynch target. this is a wifom-y argument though; but it's not the reason for this post. this is the first vote for IceGuy that is not immediately suspicious now that we know he is town. Global Warming makes some decent points, although the fact that IceGuy had recently posted does take the wind out of his sails a bit.

In post 292, zMuffinMan wrote:
    iceguy wrote:They might be both scum on different teams?

OK, that's plausible, but it still doesn't explain why he's "opportunistic". A vote without "justification" isn't necessarily opportunistic scum, and your vote on Stefan is far more opportunistic than either of his votes.

this is correct. IceGuy doesn't really answer the question in his response, but i don't really see how the vote on Stefan is opportunistic at this point in time. there is no wagon on Stefan as of this post.

iceguy wrote:If I would be scum, I'd have been jumping on at least one of the Baby Spice/Otolia wagons.

like a said before, a reaction and no supporting evidence. why is this so "fail"?

iceguy wrote:I fail to see why you're trying to paint me as scum for actual scum-hunting and at ignoring people who are just jumping on the easy wagon.

Right...

So as scum you would have made yourself even more obvious by jumping on an "easy wagon" instead of trying to appear like you're scum hunting?

Yeah, that sounds believable.

this is so full of WIFOM! so does this mean you have town reads on the people on the BabySpice wagon now?????

after IceGuy makes a decent response, this is zmuffinman's response. yes, i quoted all of it. REALLY not liking zmuffinman right now.

In post 296, TheJakalope wrote:Muffin is leaning town.

IceGuy is scum.

Still strongly suspicious of EtherealCookie.

derp. icing on the cake? EC is town too.

In post 299, sorgster wrote:I find it interesting that othia hasn't defended himself and is getting ignored now.

me too…

In post 298, TheJakalope wrote:Muffin has had plenty of explanation, and it was quite enough for me.

TheJakalope, i would like you to go back to day one and list all of the evidence (all of it) that zmuffinman put forward, and post why you agree with it.

In post 300, StefanB wrote:Okay Lynch All Liars, once was bad enough, twice is to much.
    Unvote

Vote: Iceguy

So post 258 does not exist?
    I am not sure about Baby Spice.
    I think it's highly likly that Otalia is scum or at best a dangerous player to leave around even if town.
    I think that that the most logical explanation for the post of Sage is that she is scum with Whispersilk.
    I think that your vote is feeling false, I don't believe that you believe yourself what you posted today.
    I know that their is a big chance that I am not right, about everyone on this list, but we have from simple math (about 25 % of players are scum is normal) at last 6 scum, perhaps more.
    OMGOS is only if their is no reason other than the vote. In my opinion, there is a case on you.

Lie 1:
    I voted without reason.

Lie 2:
    I never suspected Sage bevor I was voted by you.

Next time before you pick a target you believe is easy at last check their ISO.
    Or is Ice to scummy to be scum?

i'm not sure what to make of this post; Stefan is definitely making way too big a deal out of IceGuy's posts, but seeing as he's the one IceGuy is voting, i can understand this. the Otalia comment makes me feel like they are not on the same scum team if they are both scum, which is a huge jump, but every little opinion can be important, so i'll say that thought anyway, in case something happens later that makes it more relevant.

speaking of Otalia, the game is not slow any more at this point; there is certainly stuff going on. where are you when this is happening?

In post 301, Yosarian2 wrote:
    In post 299, sorgster wrote:I find it interesting that othia hasn't defended himself and is getting ignored now.

He said he was not going to be posting for the weekend.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about him. If he doesn't post a lot better on Monday then he did on Friday, I'll probably move me vote to him.

gotcha

In post 303, StefanB wrote:
    So post 258 does not exist?

Of course it does, I just missed it before. I correct myself: you've expressed suspicions of Sage before. Still doesn't explain your late vote change though..

So you admite that your whole reason for voting me has been disproven?

this is not what this is saying at all. did you miss the last sentence?

In post 305, EtherealCookie wrote:
    Unvote

Vote: IceGuy

well this guy is town, so i'll just say that this is another important stage in the iceguy wagon and leave it at that. this marks the point where people are starting to choose sides based on others' cases moreso than their own reads. this is an important stage in the formative process of the wagon

In post 307, Alabaska J wrote:back from V/LA! i'll catch up and post today

dat guilty feel

In post 312, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
    In post 282, Magua wrote:
    Otolia (6): MagnaofIllusion, StefanB, sorgster, Ghostlin, Oversoul, DarthYoshi
    Baby Spice (5): whispersilk, Yosarian2, Alabaska J, Wraith, Bogre

In post 306, Magua wrote:

IceGuy (6): Maxous, zMuffinMan, Global Warming, TheJakalope, StefanB, EtherealCookie
    Otolia (5): MagnaofIllusion, sorgster, Ghostlin, Oversoul, DarthYoshi
    Baby Spice (5): whispersilk, Yosarian2, Alabaska J, Wraith, Bogre

These two vote counts are being mermorialized for potential future relational tells.

Also ... Good Luck Magister.

good post to reference here. everyone should take a look here

In post 315, sageamagoo wrote:I think Ice and StephanB might be scum bussing each other. VOTE: Iceguy for having the most votes of the two.

i snipped a lot of this post, but it should be noted that sagemoo was able to analyze other's activity coherently in it. why? because he throws this vote on IceGuy without any of the analysis seen in the rest of it. yet another poor vote on the wagon…

In post 316, Ghostlin wrote:Muffin's so obvscum that he's using Sisko when there are so many Picard face palms out there.

The reason I voted for Otolia is that his entire play this game was scummy and the mindnumblingly dumb apex was when he OMGUSed MoI, who is obvtown. Really, I'm not buying the too dumb to be scum, because half of the time, they really are that bad.

Although EC just pinged my scumdar for voting Iceguy causing that wagon to create too many votes. DavidX is still so obv lurkerscumdodgeprod scum it hurts.

Sorgs #299 is an excellent point. Sage seems protown to me right now.

Wishing you the best of luck, ML.

why call out DavidX and not other dodgers, such as myself? also, is your first sentence a full joke (you say it is a joke, but whether you think he is scummy for doing it is left up to speculation), or do you agree that posting just those pictures instead of a response is the sign of a lazy scum hoping people will just assume his response is stupid because of their .gif? also, why was Sage protown to you at this point? it's ok if you can't remember the answer to that last question; that's what i get for being late to the party

alright i'm gonna eat lunch now and go to class. my internet went out last night and i'm posting this from campus. sorry i'm not all the way caught up yet but i'm trying to be thorough. my next response will hopefully be over the rest of the game and i'll probably post that by midnight. i've got to spend most of the day doing homework/going to class but i should be able to pick this up again after dinner. sorry in advance for the wall of text, hopefully the spoiler tag makes it less unsightly.

p-edit: to be honest zmuffin, i'm surprised you can glean anything from the little i've posted. i don't think a lurker lynch is in the town's best interest when we have so much to use from day one. i'd focus on analyzing the text if i were you; much less WIFOM than lurker lynching me because of how little i posted.

tag changed to
    tag.
    Last edited by Magua on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Show
    Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
    Mafia - 5-7
    Third Party - 0-1
    Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
    Alabaska J
    Alabaska J
    Title Arbitrairy
    Alabaska J
    Title Arbitrairy
    Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Alabaska J »

turns out i used the wrong spoiler tag. well, this is awkward. uhhhhhh a little help mod?
    Show

Town - 16-13
    Mafia - 5-7
    Third Party - 0-1
    Alabaska J
    Alabaska J
    Title Arbitrairy
    Alabaska J
    Title Arbitrairy
    Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 725, ToastyToast wrote:
    In post 723, Alabaska J wrote:Hey guys, i've decided to get fully recommitted to this game after talking with the mod. i'm going to do a thorough reread of day one, and if there's anything you specifically feel i should address, let me know.

And you realize you've said similar things multiple times and given minimal effort/no effort after saying this?

:'(
    Show

Town - 16-13
    Mafia - 5-7
    Third Party - 0-1
    PeregrineV
    PeregrineV
    Survivor
    PeregrineV
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:40 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 520, Magua wrote:
    Vote Count 1.15 - Final

With 25 alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

IceGuy (12): Maxous,
    Global Warming
    TheJakalope
    StefanB
    EtherealCookie
    sageamagoo
    BBmolla
    MagnaofIllusion
    Oversoul
    Yosarian2
    , zMuffinMan,
    David Xanatos

sageamagoo (5):
    DarthYoshi,
    Bogre,
    Ghostlin
    , PeregrineV,
    IceGuy

Otolia (3):
    sorgster
    , Dry-fit, Baby Spice
    Baby Spice (2): Alabaska J, Wraith
    StefanB (1):
    Otolia

MagnaofIllusion (1): ToastyToast
    sorgster (1): whispersilk

V/LA: DarthYoshi (10/9), ToastyToast (10/9), MagnaofIllusion (10/10)

IceGuy being lynched at 12 votes instead of 13 is accurate.

In post 727, Magua wrote:
    Global Warming prodded.

Vote Count 2.7

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Dry-Fit (6):
    BBmolla, The Fonz, Yosarian2, David Xanatos, sorgster, TheJakalope

TheJakalope (6):
    Global Warming, Ghostlin, StefanB, Otolia, DarthYoshi, Oversoul

David Xanatos (2): Maxous, PeregrineV
    BBmolla (2): Wraith, Dry-fit
    Alabaska J (2): zMuffinMan, ToastyToast
    sorgster (1): Bogre

Not voting (3): Empking's Alt, whispersilk, Alabaska J

Deadline is October 25th, at 11:00am EST.
    Countdown to deadline:
    (expired on 2011-10-25 11:00:00)

Intended to be a "where are they now" post. It looks like Alabaska has a giant wall about something. Will read it first and come back to this.
    PeregrineV
    PeregrineV
    Survivor
    PeregrineV
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:54 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Alabaska- I was referring to ISO Otolia 7-12 where he fights with MOI.
    Otolia
    Otolia
    Mafia Scum
    Otolia
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Otolia »

So after Toasty, we have Alabaska doing walls of the past. Great !

@PeregrineV
    : What are your conclusions on the 'votecount' you did ? Do you see patterns or anything valuable ? If not, was it useful at all ?

I think we are heading in a wall right now. Neither Dry-Fit nor TheJakalope are defending themselves actively. For me it means that they are not town PR because those are most likely feeling the burden of responsibility (particularly for newer players), so it leaves us with them being scum or VT. Since we can't agree on one of them, I suggest switching all our votes on somebody else (like sorgster for example) at once. Remember that the day is dawning soon.
    Ghostlin
    Ghostlin
    Mafia Scum
    Ghostlin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Ghostlin »

PV, what do the colors mean? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. I'm sure Green is town.

Why call out DavidX and not other dodgers, such as myself? also, is your first sentence a full joke (you say it is a joke, but whether you think he is scummy for doing it is left up to speculation), or do you agree that posting just those pictures instead of a response is the sign of a lazy scum hoping people will just assume his response is stupid because of their .gif? also, why was Sage protown to you at this point? it's ok if you can't remember the answer to that last question; that's what i get for being late to the party

Sage's post right before that read town to me. (No, don't ask me why exactly. If I were to guess, I'd say it was
    at that point
    , he was
    trying
    to scum hunt.) He still slid backwards through out the day, tho'.

Believe me when I tell you I don't scum hunt using the proper use of memes.

The reason I called DX for scum more than other lurkers is mostly his play D1 where he RVS's himself (not actually scummy, ironically), removes the RVS vote and refuses to vote anyone although he had suspicions on BS and MoI. I don't like the reasoning of 'I don't want to add a vote to change it later'. That's really the point of Day 1; and it logically makes no sense to provide a RVS vote then that's the only purpose is just to remove it.

The man provides no other reads or reasoning from early Day 1 to when he ended Day 1. (Granted, most of that was v/LA, but if we had a vote, we could of had a better idea of his position.) Day 2...we still don't have any reads, much, except he apparently does not like Dry-Fit. We don't know why he doesn't like Dry-Fit, but he's on Dry-Fit's wagon.

I shot EC for being on a wagon (one that flipped town) for no reason at all. If you read DX's Day 2 content, there isn't much content there. I don't have another shot, but if I did, I would consider shooting DX.
    "You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
    Ghostlin
    Ghostlin
    Mafia Scum
    Ghostlin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Emp--if I remember correctly, you're a man of few words, but humor me, why is AJ town?
    "You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
    Empking's Alt
    Empking's Alt
    Mafia Scum
    Empking's Alt
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

In post 739, Ghostlin wrote:Emp--if I remember correctly, you're a man of few words, but humor me, why is AJ town?

His apologies for not posting seem extraordinarily genuine. I suppose its just a feeling.
    AdjectivePick needs
    replacements.
    PeregrineV
    PeregrineV
    Survivor
    PeregrineV
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 737, Otolia wrote:So after Toasty, we have Alabaska doing walls of the past. Great !

@PeregrineV
    : What are your conclusions on the 'votecount' you did ? Do you see patterns or anything valuable ? If not, was it useful at all ?

I think we are heading in a wall right now. Neither Dry-Fit nor TheJakalope are defending themselves actively. For me it means that they are not town PR because those are most likely feeling the burden of responsibility (particularly for newer players), so it leaves us with them being scum or VT. Since we can't agree on one of them, I suggest switching all our votes on somebody else (like sorgster for example) at once. Remember that the day is dawning soon.

Right now it's telling me that 64% of the IceGuy voters are voting Dry-Fit or Jakalope right now.
    It also tells me if you are voting Jakalope or Dry-Fit, where were you voting yesterday at days end?

I don't conclude as much from it as I would like. Since there are two teams, I was hoping to get a better view of the blocks of voters.

Global Warming, StefanB, Oversoul are voting together when you look at the two.
    TheJakalope, TheFonz, BBmolla, Yosarian2, David Xanatos are voting together also.

Now, let's go back to this:
    In post 540, Otolia wrote:
    In post 536, Wraith wrote:Ghostlin, if you vigged EC then why wasn't there a second scumkill?

Protective roles, Roleblocking roles.

If town did the roleblocking of one of the scum, then they would probably come in with a great case on the person in order to get them voted without revealing themselves. Scum roleblocker roleblocking the other scumteams kill, not so much.
    These are the srating votes on the current wagons.

In post 531, Global Warming wrote:
    Vote: Jackalope

This will be the lynch for today. He is just making blunt statements that sometimes do not even make sense.

In post 533, BBmolla wrote:@Wraith: I voted IceGuy based off of scummy play near that time. I read enough of him to find him scummy(and I ISO'd him to make sure), but I hadn't gotten a chance to truly read the whole thread and get a grasp of everyone.

@Muffin: Could you make a case on alabaska? I'm not seeing it.

In my initial reread, I found David X scummy. But I think it may just be because of his family issues limiting the commitment he could put into this game, making it look scummy.

VOTE: Dry-Fit

Something about this guy bugs me, I can't put my finger on it. Want to put him more in the spotlight.

So assuming one of the two is on the team that blocked the kill, even if not the actual RBer, I can look at those teams (initial voter bolded).

TheJakalope, TheFonz,
    BBmolla
    , Yosarian2, David Xanatos

Global Warming
    , StefanB, Oversoul

So, this is what I got out of it.
    PeregrineV
    PeregrineV
    Survivor
    PeregrineV
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:22 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 738, Ghostlin wrote:PV, what do the colors mean? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. I'm sure Green is town.

The full-on green is the dead town (MoI, EthCookie). The off-shades are the voting blocks currently voting either Dry-fit or Jak. Please see my post above for what I gleamed from all that.
    Ghostlin
    Ghostlin
    Mafia Scum
    Ghostlin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 742, PeregrineV wrote:
    In post 738, Ghostlin wrote:PV, what do the colors mean? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. I'm sure Green is town.

The full-on green is the dead town (MoI, EthCookie). The off-shades are the voting blocks currently voting either Dry-fit or Jak. Please see my post above for what I gleamed from all that.

Also, apparently myself and DY are voting together, but did not vote IG day 1.
    BBmolla
    BBmolla
    Open Book
    BBmolla
    Open Book
    Open Book

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:36 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 737, Otolia wrote:So after Toasty, we have Alabaska doing walls of the past. Great !

@PeregrineV

If one of these wagons flips scum I know where my vote will be next.

Your logic is silly. We have 10 people not on either of the leading wagons.

If it nears deadline and we're still in deadlock, we'll just make them choose one of the wagons.

With that being said, I would be willing to switch to sorgster if needed. I'd prefer Dry-Fit though.
    @thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
    PeregrineV
    PeregrineV
    Survivor
    PeregrineV
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 743, Ghostlin wrote:
    In post 742, PeregrineV wrote:

Also, apparently myself and DY are voting together, but did not vote IG day 1.

This is true too, but since we don't know TheFonz's alignment, I don't attribute much meaning to it right now.
    ToastyToast
    ToastyToast
    Mafia Scum
    ToastyToast
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:48 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Otolia wrote: Since we can't agree on one of them, I suggest switching all our votes on somebody else (like sorgster for example) at once. Remember that the day is dawning soon.

Can we switch to you?
    "A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
    Mafia: 1-1
    Third Party: 1-0
    Alive in:0
    Dead in:0
    Modded: 2
    Ghostlin
    Ghostlin
    Mafia Scum
    Ghostlin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 737, Otolia wrote:
    So after Toasty, we have Alabaska doing walls of the past. Great !

@PeregrineV

I think we are heading in a wall right now.
    Neither Dry-Fit nor TheJakalope are defending themselves actively. For me it means that they are not town PR because those are most likely feeling the burden of responsibility (particularly for newer players), so it leaves us with them being scum or VT.
    Since we can't agree on one of them, I suggest switching all our votes on somebody else (like sorgster for example) at once. Remember that the day is dawning soon.

This is called "being on the right track". As it says most VT PMs, a good VT only has their voice; so why aren't DF and Jak using theirs.

Also, Alabaska contributes and you're giving him flak about length?

Scanning for Town motivation to post this......processing....no Town motivation found.

This is a horribad post. It also smells like role-fishing to me.
    sorgster
    sorgster
    Mafia Scum
    sorgster
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:20 am

Post by sorgster »

@Mod-Please fix the messed up vote tag post.

alabaska can you quote that post and remove whatever tag you put in that.

tag changed to
    tag in post #732
    Marathon Game record
    1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
    Otolia
    Otolia
    Mafia Scum
    Otolia
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Otolia »

I proposed an alternative to the dead end we are in and I am either having a silly logic, no town motivation. IceGuy was already lynched for having another point of view and you attack me for the same thing. But yeah, we can continue in this direction and proceed to quicklynch 2 hours before deadline.

Mistake ... Learning ... I think you get my point.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”