Mini 1246 - Bizarro Mafia: ...Mate! Who won?

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Post by Darox »

In post 198, Pads wrote:I think it means that someone who has proven good at finding scum in past games
As if they need that. No, you just have to make people think you're good. A good way would be, say, having a 2002 join date. Automatic assumption of calm, rock solid Glorkitude.

In post 198, Pads wrote:I took your use of it to mean that the burden of proficiency would be on yourself (and no one else, because we're all bad) and your lack of scum hunting and finding at the time was certain or likely to cause the town to be suspect of you.
Nah, just most of you.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Post by mozamis »

christ those moving avatars are annoying as hell.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:59 pm

Post by mozamis »

Darox's ISO doesnt look good. Almost no content at all.
Still, I'll be voting Internet Stranger tonight.
Feel that Ace and Junepi are almost definitely town.
IS and Darox dodgy. Unsure about everyon else.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by Darox »

It's funny because the protagonist is very clearly overlooking the mountains in order to attack the anthills.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 200, Darox wrote:
In post 198, Pads wrote:I think it means that someone who has proven good at finding scum in past games
As if they need that. No, you just have to make people think you're good. A good way would be, say, having a 2002 join date. Automatic assumption of calm, rock solid Glorkitude.

In post 198, Pads wrote:I took your use of it to mean that the burden of proficiency would be on yourself (and no one else, because we're all bad) and your lack of scum hunting and finding at the time was certain or likely to cause the town to be suspect of you.
Nah, just most of you.

Pssh. Join dates can die. I once invited a friend of mine over to another forum I play at, and despite being brand new to the site, he managed to control the whole game until his death via copping.

I've been playing for 2 and a half years, yet my join date is like this month.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:26 am

Post by Junpei »

Darox seems to miscue is own preachings (as pointed out by TehBrawlGuy), encourage anti-town behavior (which he hides behind his mask of VI), and acts like he is really good (another mask of VI play). Also the AtE calling Pads bad at mafia after he suspects him is lolwhat. Not to mention Darox said

"I PLAY LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME AND NEVER GET LYNCHED FOR IT, SO U DONT BE LYNCH ME FOR IT !".

Needless to say that logic is very very flawed.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:34 am

Post by Darox »

So am I a VI, or a guy who's pretending to be a VI, or a guy who's trying to look like he's pretending to be a VI?
Pardon me for not knowing what you are claiming in whatever iteration of cool inscrutability we are currently being subjected to.

P.S. Please quote for me where Brawl pointed out miscues. I'd love to make fun of it then demonstrate why it's wrong.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 am

Post by Junpei »

Sorry, I meant Pads was the one who pointed out the miscue.

You are a guy who's pretending to be a VI.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:24 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 183, Junpei wrote:My plan:

Stop announcing votes, that's bad to do.

scumhunt

Makes sense, right? Anyway, I agree that it is very likely that all/most of the scum are lurking in the shadows, it is too easy.

On the other hand, at least 1 scum is likely active, as with so many lurkers, it'd be tough for town to commit to killing off a more active player for the sake of conversation.

Hiplop, do you ever plan to be more useful than you are right now?

Also this day is near conclusion.

MOre helpful than you atm
third best scummer of all time
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:50 am

Post by Wasabi »

@MOD: Will we be seeing just the final vote tally, or will we have access to the PM'd vote history, including unvotes?
Only the final vote count. I can explain why at the end of the game.

I'm hoping the latter, and I wanted to wait until near end of day to comment on it, since it would be too late to construct a vote history . It's possible that we might be able to pick up a slight scumtell from the first day, as if the scum would potentially have their own channel to communicate, and not much need to move their lynch votes around.
Last edited by Jedo the Jedi on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Pads, in your zealotry, I think youre conjuring up conspiracy theories. You making it sound like im lurking in the shadows all teeheehee and shit and as soon as my name is mentioned I come out of nowhere and drop the sledgehammer oneverything. Sowing all sorts of chaos, confusion and mayhem and daring all comers to "come at me, bro". Then Pads get to put on his little White Knight cape, makes a bunch of declarations that most of us agree only benefit the scum and swoops in to save the day from the person Pads propped up to be scum in the first place.

Im not buying it Pads. Youre just trying to use me to make yourself look even more like a White Knight.

Youre also a hypocrite. You claim that the idea of not making public intentions of votes good so that the scum dont have easy wagons to hide under. Dont forget, the scum knows who the innocents are. Then what do you do? Join the "holy shit, scumbags!" cheerleading brigade in making your intentions to the scum known. I am willing to bet that one of these vocal people still spitting out voting declarations is scum. Shit, even Junpei came to his senses and gets it.

Youre also wrong about the last 48 hours Pads. I guess you arent as good as you think you are because there is already a TON of info in this game to make some really damn good determinations on who is scum or not. The VCA tomorrow would be telling us A LOT, but not if you clowns keep calling for my head. Erroneously I might add. Pads can make all the glossary term claims that he wants, but the bullshit scumlurking theory is the most bullshit of them all.

So tell me this Pads. What do you think scum are doing right now? Whats their plan of action? Are they going to pile onto me, thanks to you and the unthinking army? Or will they spread their votes around now? Will they gang up on someone else instead? Just like how I asked your buddy Ace (who conveniently never answered me) whats YOUR plan Pads? Oh great White Knight, how are YOU going to save us all?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Day is now over. Send your votes for lynch to me within the next 24 hours.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Official Vote Count:

Internet Stranger (3) - ace5993, TehBrawlGuy, mozamis

mozamis (2) - Pads, Internet Stranger
VisceraEyes (1) - Darox
Pads (1) - Wasabi
Wasabi (1) - Otolia
ace5993 (1) - hiplop
hiplop (1) - Junpei
Otolia (1) - VisceraEyes

Not Voting - Thirdkoopa

-----
The town was pretty indecisive about who should be lynched. It was clear no one really knew whom to trust, but when the ballots were counted, there was at least one person at the top of the pile.

"You fools! Why would you vote for me? All I have done is tell you the best strategy. You are playing right into the scum's hands!" said Internet Stranger.

"Well, you're scum, so we're going to lynch you," said ace5993.

"You don't know that! How can you be--" Internet Stranger gargled before choking to death.

After he stopped twitching, you checked his pockets for any signs of his alignment. You found a small firearm.

Internet Stranger, mafia
, has been killed.
Day has begun and will end in
7 days
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

*grumble*Admins moving mod tools...*grumble*

I am currently looking for a replacement for Thirdkoopa.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:46 am

Post by mozamis »

Hey nice work guys! Right I'm sheeping ace for the rest of the game lets hope that wasn't some bizarre bus lol
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Only 3 votes?

Why? People who didn't give reasoning need to now.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Wasabi »

I want to broach this subject now: Did anyone else vote Whiskers at any point during the course of Day 1? I have a sneaking suspicion that there's a nightkill mechanic at work here that is out of the ordinary...

Perhaps we've met the enemy, and he is us...
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Darox »

There are no votes during the day.
:roll:
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Wasabi »

Ok, maybe I didn't express my intentions clearly.

Did anyone else send a PM to the mod indicating a willingless to lynch Whiskers before the scum kill happened?
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by ace5993 »

In post 217, Darox wrote:There are no votes during the day.
:roll:

I'd like you to post a comprehensive VCA right now please, and also
before
anyone else posts one. If everyone else could refrain from doing this before Darox posts again it would be much appreciated.

@Wasabi - No, both to voting for Whiskers and the idea. I was under the impression that this was a completely open setup.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Darox »

In post 170, Darox wrote:
In post 162, Darox wrote:It's like we're trying to hunt deer, slowly approaching them, when suddenly ace bursts out of the undergrowth in a offensively Hawaiian shirt blasting a vuvuzella scattering them all. He then looks around, sees that no deer are nearby, then tells us our camo is worthless and our stealthy approach sucks.
Hur huur.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 214, mozamis wrote:Hey nice work guys! Right I'm sheeping ace for the rest of the game lets hope that wasn't some bizarre bus lol

With how much IS fearmongered our 'white knights', I wouldn't be surprised. Ace still gets a bunch of Town points, but I'm not even close to writing him off as obv. town yet.

Darox and Hiplop are still dead weight. They are why I love games with vigils in them. Darox would at least be entertaining if he had douchebag play down well, but alas....
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Vote: Darox

Complete reads coming soon.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Actually I have time right now:

TehBrawlGuy and mozamis both read heavily town for simply being on the IS wagon. I do not think scum would have gone for an IS vote knowing full well that there was a definite possibility he would be lynched, especially in a game where a 3-man wagon got the lynch.

Additionally mozamis is confirmed town because with IS looking like he'd have a couple votes on him there's NO WAY IS would throw his vote towards a bus.

Pads - INCONSISTENCY. Only posts on mozamis were saying "not sure one way or another" followed by "I'm giving mozamis a pass today for posting content". His suspects were ThirdKoopa and Darox. Huh? Rather he votes with IS-scum (as a possible IS counterwagon attempt?). Heavily leaning scum.

Darox - Refusal to analyze the vote count, which was supposed to be his main source of scumhunting, is just fucking terrible. He's still refusing to basically do anything at all. This is not VI play, it looks WAY more like calculated scum play. Heavily leaning scum.

Wasabi - Confirmed town, his comment today doesn't make sense from a scum standpoint.

Otolia - Probably town. Don't like his gameplay views but he posted alright content and the vote on wasabi makes sense.

hiplop - Scummy - relying solely on "META" arguments and really not doing a damn thing yesterday. Not as scummy as Pads or Darox but still leaning scum.

Junpei - Good content and I can definitely sympathize with the vote on hiplop. Town.

VisceraEyes - Meh, generally reads as town. I didn't really like his defense when Darox attacked him but his playstyle tends toward extreme overreactions anyway so I'm willing to overlook that.

ThirdKoopa - No read.

Would lynch either Pads or Darox immediately if possible.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by ace5993 »

In post 196, Pads wrote:Internet Stranger's Post 145 reads like a Wiki page of ScumTells. We got blanket rejections, fearmongering, chainsaw defenses of the lurkers, ad hominems, and appeals to emotion. Where do I start? Nowhere, excpet to say that a vote on him is starting to look like something great.

Wait WHAT THE FUCK? This was the last thing Pads posted with any vote or read on someone.

Unvote, VOTE: PADS

Everything else can wait, this is the lynch for today.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”