Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin's analysis from off V-LA day 1; likely scum suspects (the abridged version):

1) CONspiracy: I've played at least one game with this guy. He's more capable of doing more than agreeing with and just voting the most popular wagon in possibly the most lurky and lazy way possible. "I agree with X about Y's case". Not only is that not scum hunting, that's not even --trying--.

Vote: CONspiracy

2) Maxous: I don't really care what you do and don't like--there's no analysis in your posts. Who do you think is likely to be scummy at this point of the game? Read their iso. A lot of opinions but nothing really related in finding out who is and isn't scum.

3) DX: Town has nothing to lose by voting their suspicions at this point. Any quick hammered wagons would indicate possible scum; there's no reason to NOT vote your FoS on MoI, and you seem to be couching your bets on Baby Spice being scum.

This is the first set of impressions, I have, but there's a number of outlyers here. BS/Yos seems overreactionary town on town being fueled by at least one scum.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 175, Ghostlin wrote:1) CONspiracy: I've played at least one game with this guy. He's more capable of doing more than agreeing with and just voting the most popular wagon in possibly the most lurky and lazy way possible. "I agree with X about Y's case". Not only is that not scum hunting, that's not even --trying--.

How does the fact that ConSpiracy is in a hydra with Rayfrost (as Global Warming) affect this read?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 175, Ghostlin wrote:BS/Yos seems overreactionary town on town being fueled by at least one scum.

Second Zang-tell spotted .... :?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:51 am

Post by TheJakalope »

In post 139, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Jak wrote:Just a little preface to my reads throughout this game. I give a group of people and a percentage of either town or scum.

My first one.

Between Magister, Magna, and David X, 1 is anti-town.

Jak wrote:It's just something I do for my playstyle, and I like to share my group reads.

Don’t ever recall seeing you do this before. How about providing some completed game links that demonstrate it is 'part of your playstyle' …

Jak wrote:It's not a "Well, David said THIS, and that means one of them is scum!" Just look through the 2nd(?) page and look at how they interacted.

The problem I have is not that you’ve called out a group (3 players) it’s that you can’t elucidate any reasons more than vauge “Look at them interact”.

I’ve certainly been known to call out a particular group of players and say “1 on these must be scum” in the past. But it is always based on something specific – in Amrun’s Death of Reaper Charlie it was the quick wagon on Meran for role-fishing.

Well I only started playing Mafia again about 8 games ago. 5 of those games are still going.

From Lost Mafia - UK and Ironhead are tied right now.. I think it's likely that one is scum, but definitely not both. Unfortunately they both lie at about the same scummy levels for me right now.

The other 2 games that are finished, I hadn't done it, as I replaced in later in the game, and it's normally an early game read.

However, I've done it in one of the games I'm currently in with you. Not going to say which one, but I have.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 176, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 175, Ghostlin wrote:1) CONspiracy: I've played at least one game with this guy. He's more capable of doing more than agreeing with and just voting the most popular wagon in possibly the most lurky and lazy way possible. "I agree with X about Y's case". Not only is that not scum hunting, that's not even --trying--.

How does the fact that ConSpiracy is in a hydra with Rayfrost (as Global Warming) affect this read?

Then he needs to post in the hydra? :P I actually have no beef with GW.

Unvote.

Vote: Maxous

I still don't like the lack of real content posting from the person above. And what's a Zang tell?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Edit: Acutally, rereading it, and reading GW in ISO--I thought he had posted more, the read is still valid. I like GW over Max a bit more. Yes, I just got off a plane.

Unvote; Vote: GW

GW has three posts--and the only post that's worth mentioning a vote was the one where he pretty much votes BS.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 am

Post by sorgster »

I haven't been paying much attention to this game in truth. I did a quick iso on magister ludi and his posts have rarely had little other than fluffiness from what I've seen.

Vote Magister Ludi
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Global Warming
Global Warming
Goon
Global Warming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Global Warming »

unvote

@Yosarian
, have you read the special rules of the game before the start of day 1?

@Ghostlin
, We are a teaching hydra, but both of us are testing out how we are going to do this. In a few days we should be posting as normal.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

huh? Global, What special rules are there that anyone could have missed?

I wish a had several votes here. sorgster, considering I have the most posts in the game, giving me a 'quick iso' would be tantamount to being forced to pay attention to the game. So one of those statements of yours is bunk. And, I dont think you can you describe what 'fluffiness' you've seen.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:34 am

Post by sorgster »

iso #0 /mith-means nothing
iso #1-means nothing
iso #2-rvs
iso #3-asking iceguy for opinion on selfvoting
iso #4-asking for games where scum self voted(takes too long to find this information and fluffy)
iso #5-fluff
iso #6-asking a question
iso #7-fluff
iso #8-talks again about self voting
iso #9-talks about iso 8
iso #10-asks clarification on word strange, normally means scummy
iso #11-asks for votes on magua-hasn't voted for him yet though
iso #12-fluff
iso #13-random question about spice girls,asks why
iso #14-not much there
iso #15-asks's bb opinion on pg 2
iso #16-disagrees he is spamming
iso #17-votes because someone said he was spamming
iso #18-doesn't say much/wants clarification
iso #19-reasks bb on his pg 2 opinion
iso #20-asks for clarification
iso #21-sets him up for buddying happily
iso #22-talks about another game
iso #23-asks for clarification
iso #24-mentions cult recruiter game-fluff
iso #25-finds a question strange
iso #26-says I'm not posting much
iso #27-asks magua a question on speedlynching
iso #28-explains why he is asking
iso #29-asks a rhetorical question
iso #30-talks about zmuffin
iso #31-attacks someone for asking unimportant questions
iso #32-claims scum would want to seem active in the game, however in iso #26, he found my lack of posts scummy
iso #33-attacks magna, says he's willing to lynch a few people AND others
iso #34-claims post length means nothing

Did iso up to post 34. Kinda lazy to finish it off. He's mostly asked for clarification or asked small questions here and there.
Marathon Game record
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

So only three are, in your opinion, straight "fluff". considering you voted me for posting 'fluff', you'll see why thats a problem.

You should probably go read the game now.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:42 am

Post by sorgster »

The clarification things where pretty much fluff too.
Marathon Game record
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Can I ask you what you don't consider fluff? Is anyone not posting 'fluff' in this game?
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:48 am

Post by sorgster »

What I consider fluff are posts where just statements asking clarifaction on ppl's views have made. You have made a ton of posts but rarely brought anything new to the thing. Your first four posts where rvs/etc which doesn't give information imo. questions asking if someone is scum sounds fluffy. Saying you will vote only for a few ppl AND OTHERS is too> maybe not fluffy but not protown I guess.
Marathon Game record
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

v/la until saturday
due to midterms
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Global Warming
Global Warming
Goon
Global Warming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Global Warming »

In post 183, Magister Ludi wrote:huh? Global, What special rules are there that anyone could have missed?

I wish a had several votes here. sorgster, considering I have the most posts in the game, giving me a 'quick iso' would be tantamount to being forced to pay attention to the game. So one of those statements of yours is bunk. And, I dont think you can you describe what 'fluffiness' you've seen.

The secret society rules: they act as neighborhoods and you can
induct new members
. By definition, this makes having your town reads out there instead of just in your head a potential issue. Freedom with your reads in that way can lead to bad things.

Also, I haven't read this game a thoroughly as I should have, so actual content posting from me is going to have to wait until I get back from class.

And yeah, we're still sorting out how we want to do this hydra bidness. I was leaning towards cons makes most of the posts and I just post in the QT, but that doesn't seem like it'll be best, so yeah.

~Ray
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 190, Global Warming wrote:
In post 183, Magister Ludi wrote:huh? Global, What special rules are there that anyone could have missed?

induct new members
. By definition, this makes having your town reads out there instead of just in your head a potential issue. Freedom with your reads in that way can lead to bad things.

It seems clear that the opposite is true. If we have correct town reads, and can communicate those town reads to the rest of the town, then that should help the secret societies both induct new members who are town and help them pick leadership roles who are town. The town as a whole having good town reads seems especially important in a game like this.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, I agree with ML, Songstar's posting seems pretty bad here.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 191, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 190, Global Warming wrote:

induct new members

It seems clear that the opposite is true. If we have correct town reads, and can communicate those town reads to the rest of the town, then that should help the secret societies both induct new members who are town and help them pick leadership roles who are town. The town as a whole having good town reads seems especially important in a game like this.

Ya, Ray, I don't understand your logic. It isn't like we are playing with a cult. They secret societies are just neighborhoods and don't change alignment.

Confirming that I am replacement for Lowell

Just from a quick glance at things, willing to call Yosarian town. Not sure on anything else because I haven't really read anything.

I should be able to discern whether or not Ludi is scum. I have played many many games with him. :P Give me a few hours and I'll report back.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Bogre »

@Ghostling: Why did you consecutively votehop down your scum-tells? What exactly made your decision change?

VOTE: Babyspice

I agree on the fluffiness and hubbub about spamming note.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Magua »

Oversoul replaces Lowell
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 194, Bogre wrote:@Ghostling: Why did you consecutively votehop down your scum-tells? What exactly made your decision change?

VOTE: Babyspice

I agree on the fluffiness and hubbub about spamming note.

You may not like this answer, but it's true. I had only really not had a chance to read the thread in much detail during V-LA; I had waffled due to the hydra thing because I thought GW had posted more than they had--they hadn't. My first vote was justified. (8 hour plane rides do this to you, it's like posting drunk/hungover without ANY of the fun of being drunk or hungover.)

Sorg--so...without the voting impetus on you, do you find Ludi scummy? In English, would you be as concerned and trying to form a case on posting fluff if he hadn't accused you?

OMGUS isn't always a scumtell--but I'm wondering the point of the ISO, particularly since the fact there was 34 whole posts you covered there and I'm wondering why you're not voting for someone more obvious--someone with less than 34 posts that seems more to the point of lurking.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 182, Global Warming wrote:
unvote

@Yosarian
, have you read the special rules of the game before the start of day 1?

@Ghostlin
, We are a teaching hydra, but both of us are testing out how we are going to do this. In a few days we should be posting as normal.

Honestly--that's good, but I'm not comfortable with moving my vote yet.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 195, Magua wrote:
Oversoul replaces Lowell

As yosarian2 would say '(shrug)'
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

@BabySpice: Who's a better lynch, Yos or Ludi?

In post 131, BBmolla wrote:[I don't like either Dry or Ludi's responses to a question that wasn't even directed towards them. Maxous was simply looking for intention, while Dry/Magister's response was simply to bring attention to it and act as if me asking that was the most absurd and unreasonable thing ever said, which I find odd. Why were your responses so aggressive?

I don't think they were all that aggressive. Neither of us even voted for you. Sorry for making it harder for you to hide in the shadows.

Sorgster wrote:I haven't been paying much attention to this game in truth. I did a quick iso on magister ludi and his posts have rarely had little other than fluffiness from what I've seen.

Did you iso anyone else?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”