The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Furcolow »

thoughts on the game
MoI suspecting Dekes correlates with my gut read
I have logic behind it, in that not only was he skimming by, trying to stay under the radar, and relatively content free, but he was the first vote on Peregrine and acted like he didn't even start the wagon

There is only scum motivation in doing that if he knew he was doing it.

He is also arrogant, so I believe MoI will leave him vulnerable. I will wager his reaction is a pretty good indicator to his alignment. The reason I am not 100% is that what if he really just made a mistake, and was happy voting Peregrine? It's definitely not a flip flop if he was already voting him, but if he was doing it to appear as being not-at-the-head-of-the-wagon, then that is very scummy as he does not to have appeared as having guilt of lynching town. How could he/we not know with the votecount, though? IDK

vote: Dekes
I doubt Feysal is scum
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Furcolow »

Also, Feysal, I can't believe you targetted me
talk about wraithfulness
you're not a town vig either
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:52 am

Post by VitaminR »

In post 872, Gut wrote:VitR made uncharacteristically many accusations (and not particularly good ones either ("slushy snowballs" if you get the reference (which you probably don't))). He's scums.

Do we have to do this again? WHY? You can't read me. I know this, you know this. Stop just thinking I'm scum for no real reason when you know this.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 877, VitaminR wrote:Do we have to do this again? WHY? You can't read me. I know this, you know this. Stop just thinking I'm scum for no real reason when you know this.

Serious question - is there anyone who can read you? I ask because CES and I are on pretty much opposite spectrums of the Mafiascum rainbow. You gave me very similar reasons in Invictus when I suspected you.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 am

Post by VitaminR »

In post 878, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Serious question - is there anyone who can read you? I ask because CES and I are on pretty much opposite spectrums of the Mafiascum rainbow. You gave me very similar reasons in Invictus when I suspected you.

Patrick and chamber, to some extent. Though for them I seem to be easier to read when I'm scum. There's very few people who can get an accurate town read on me (maybe Fate and Faraday a bit). But I tend to attract way more false negatives (inaccurate scum reads) than false positives (inaccurate town reads). *shrug*
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Gut »

That's generally true, although I did get it right eventually on both occasions. Come on, I know better than to trust my gut here, but luckily I have
REASONS
this time.

Oh, and it was chamber who pointed me to the relevant post. :D
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:42 am

Post by VitaminR »

Damn it, chamber.

But CES, it takes you a long time and you usually think I'm scum initially, unless you're scum yourself.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 843, MagnaofIllusion wrote:What exactly happened yesterday after I went on V/LA again? There were two rather viable lynches and suddenly in 5 pages Peregrine gets wagoned and lynched?

I made a case on PeregrineV, and several people joined the wagon. I am surprised though by how many there were, and how easily it happened. I hoped for the wagon to succeed, but I never expected it to be that easy.

In post 843, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Every single one of you on this wagon needs to explain in detail why you were voting for him.

I made the case that started it all, you can read in more detail there why I believed PeregrineV was scum. The short version of it was that I had seen him both as town and scum, his behavior here matched what I'd seen of his scum play, and I felt empowered by the fact that I'd correctly vigged him before for it.

In post 847, Wraith wrote:You know what, I just remembered something. Kanye can wait, because FEYSAL started the Peregrine lurkerwagon to save his own skin.

That I did, but even though I do have an interest in survival, I'm not sure it was my own life that it saved. I wanted to avoid a deadline scramble that could have resulted in either of us being lynched, and which would have made the deadline votes difficult to analyze. But, at the time I posted my case on PeregrineV, I was no longer the leading wagon, and the people who had been pushing for my lynch had gone on V/LA or were losing steam. By that point, I felt the Kanye wagon was more likely to succeed.

In post 850, Will-o-wisp wrote:When the hell is it ever a better idea to go after a lurker so close to deadline? You receive barely any information on their flip.

You don't receive any more information from leaving lurkerscum alive and lynching them later. And for the record, there had been a few people who had given opinions of PeregrineV, and vice versa. Had PeregrineV been scum, that would have improved my reads of those people.

In post 853, Ellibereth wrote:Why did you have me as town yesterday?

Weak town, mind you, since you were last on the list. I've seen your town play before, and what I saw from you here fell into expectations.

In post 856, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Feysal - The Seraph QT is requesting that you claim your Rolename, Alignment, and Night-action from N1 in your next post.

So it is truth or dare. I will dare to tell the truth. I don't see how it could make my situation any worse.

Kullervo, son of Kalervo,
drew forth his sharp sword,
turning it he looked upon it,
questioning it, inquiring it.
Asked the sword of its opinion,
if the blade might know desire,
to devour his blemished body,
to drink the blood of the wicked.

Understood the sword his mind,
guessed the meaning of the hero,
answered him in words as follows:
"Why should I not eat with relish,
feast upon your flawed flesh,
drink your wicked blood dry?
I do thrive on guiltless flesh,
drink the blood of the innocent."

Kullervo, son of Kalervo,
child of fathers fine and noble,
thrust the hilt into the meadow,
set the haft upon the heather,
aimed the point toward his heart,
threw himself upon the point.
Thus he wrought his own undoing,
met the death of his own making.

I am Gurthang, self-aligned, and I tried to kill Furcolow last night as he requested. I don't know why he survived.

For those who care about the flavor, I am the sword of Beleg Cúthalion and later of Túrin Turambar, with which he slew Beleg and Brandir, Glaurung the dragon, a multitude of orcs, and finally himself. The poem above is not from my role flavor, but what I sent to Plum in my confirmation post. It is my translation of an excerpt from the tale of Kullervo from the Kalevala, which served as inspiration for the Children of Húrin tale, in particular the scene where Túrin commits suicide.

In post 876, Furcolow wrote:Also, Feysal, I can't believe you targetted me.
Talk about wrathfulness.
You're not a town vig either.

You asked for it. Nothing wrathful about that.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Herodotus »

I'm still at the top of page 25, but why not post my notes?

Notes on specific scummy things people have said:
Furcolow - early - super-defensive and spammy, strongly anti-town reaction to Magister
Post 418 - "lynch all liars" - is that something that he holds to (meta)? Because Andrius told him "Don't be an asshat and claim things you're not."
Magna - post 204 "The “But he was using it to Breadcrumb in LOTR” doesn’t fly with his obv bold crumbing also." - those crumbs didn't say anything, and Gandalf could have created their meaning after the fact. Though I don't think Gandalf is scum.
Willowisp - post 230 connection to furcolow
Empking - not making himself useful, as mockingjaye said in post 357.
Active lurking
hard
on page 18.
post 589 is surreal humour.
VitaminR -
post 359 is reaching on PereV. LordChronos's "big post" was the post that told me I was replacing a townie, so VR's reaction calling it scummy is questionable.
post 360 is a
vote
FoS for an obvtownie (mockingjaye).
MOS post 439 holds gandalf (and implicitly andrius) to an unreasonable standard of role PM clarity for a bastard game. Besides, why bother arguing that a player is a jester?

As much as Magister looks town, the one-line posts are 100% different from his town play in SMII.

Magister, Vitamin - why did you vote kanye on page 9?

Spyrex is playing differently from both Spy-town and Spy-scum, and I don't mean calling himself a princess. :? Do you have a post restriction?

Spyrex wrote:And no, don't think this means I've forgot about the Chrono twins. I wouldn't be said if they got conscripted to fight for my daddy as catapult fodder.
Please! Put me in a catapult and fire me at the scum, I'll land with sword drawn.

Wraith and dekes are more convinced that gandlf+andrius are town than they are. That doesn't impress.

Pere wrote:re: Gandalf/Andrius- (assuming any truth to thier claims/posts/etc.)- I think they may be the equivalent of "blank slates", with maybe some sort of action by the seraphs to get them on a team. Or maybe more flavor stuff.
I had the same thought.
gandalf, does your role PM have no character name and basically say "who am I and how did I get here?"
(Not sure if that is still relevant.)

@Espeonage, posts 518 and 544. What's between the lines? Are you saying that you're counterclaiming gandalf?

likely town
willowisp
mockingjaye
Gut

Elib, Wraith, and Feysal have given me good feelings, but not as strongly.

likely scum
VitaminR
Empking
MOS

Kanyek, maybe? I don't have a big scum read on him, but I'd be willing to sheep onto a wagon.

Not sure about Espeonage. I think he's just playing poorly.

Magna wrote:How does the first part even make sense? I've yet to call anyone scum this game AFTER they called me such. That's what OGMUS is Empking ... you should know that by now.
Magnaofillusion is scum, by the way!
But not really. Well, maybe. I'm undecided.

Fey, self-aligned?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Dekes »

In post 855, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Ok Dekes is scum? Why you ask? Because HE WAS ALREADY VOTING PERE WHEN HE POSTED THIS.

Hard to believe he suddenly was convinced Pere was scum by the Feysal case when he supposedly already had a scum read on Pere and was voting him.

Scumtastic.

Who said anything about "suddenly convinced"? A quick glance through my ISO would tell you a) that I was very likely the first to attack PeregrineV and b) that I was not that into the game due to a busy real life. That vote was simply reaffirming my suspicion and I probably thought that I had unvoted in one of my prod dodging posts.
Obviously, I didn't want Pere get lynched so fast and without a claim. But eh, I went V/LA without unvoting and not realizing how close the deadline was, so gotta take some blame for that one there.

The way you're treating those people who should be on your short scum list differently based on how they view you is disturbing. Especially SpyreX comes here to mind who's way sheepier than I've ever seen him and apart from role playing has been solely reactive the whole game. And he was on both the early gandalf and the final Pere wagon. And yet you're giving him a pass on giving reasons for the Pere vote and can only muster a half-assed dig at him. You need your sheep this game or are you actually trying to read those people, too?

Vote: Feysal

I'll bite on what the Seraphs gaves us and with how quickly the Pere wagon reached the lynch makes it unlikely that both kanye and Feysal are town. And Feysal's still the scummier of the two.
pedit: Oh, goodie. Feysal, what's your win-con?

WoW's entry to D2 and the follow-up is so ridiculous, it's really astonishing.

SaM needs way more input. Amrun's definitely not lurkerish as either alignment. So I don't know whether CSL told her in the hydra QT to adapt to her scummy lurkerish behavior and stay low or if they really keep forgetting about the game.

Wraith was way up my scum list yesterday, but I actually got some decent vibes from him today.

I need to take another look at VitaminR soonish it seems.

In post 874, Furcolow wrote:great, I can only imagine the mafia meeting
"chronopie ISN'T scum?" "Yeah, he's lurking pretty hard"
"He's probably a town aligned power role"
"Let's kill him, he is actively lurking and isn't mafia"

great job chronopie
i could really learn from your play

anyway, feysal visited me last night

And we know that content free Chronopie was the mafia kill, because?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 883, Herodotus wrote:
MOS post 439 holds gandalf (and implicitly andrius) to an unreasonable standard of role PM clarity for a bastard game. Besides, why bother arguing that a player is a jester?

Because if a player is a jester, we *don't* want to lynch them. Since gandalf had exhibited jester signs, we were better off having a vig NK him. Which apparently Feysal failed to do.
Permanent V/LA.
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Will-o-wisp »

In post 884, Dekes wrote:WoW's entry to D2 and the follow-up is so ridiculous, it's really astonishing.

What? I made one post today how was there a follow up?

So we do we lynch Feysal? He is claimed serial killer right?

UNVOTE: And I'm not completely crazy for my Herodotus vote. :igmeou:

Magna, I can't remember if you clarified, but are all people "activated" at once or is it individually?

- Oversoul
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Dekes »

There's a "vote" missing after follow-up.

And yes, you were kinda completely crazy for that vote.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Empking »

Unvote, Vote: Fey
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

Oh that makes more sense.

I still want Kanye dead. Don't think that is going to happen especially after the ambivalent feelings that caused Peregrine to get lynched. :\

Feysal, no that is wrong. Day 1 lynches are useful for seeing connections to other players. I am fairly confident we would have gained more information from Kanye's lynch (has he even responded today...) than from Peregrine's lynch.

- Oversoul

pedit:

Ya. I would be fine with an Empking lynch.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Feysal is not scum
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Furcolow »

His win condition is like "must survive to endgame" not "must kill town"
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

How do you know that, Furc?
Permanent V/LA.
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

I am Gurthang,
self-aligned
, and I tried to kill Furcolow last night as he requested. I don't know why he survived.

?????

- Oversoul
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

Furcolow, do you have a self watch ability?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I'm not a watcher. I am Mim the petty dwarf, a 3rd party survivor that was immune to 1 night kill, and got to learn someone's alignment
Feysal is not evil
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Furcolow »

my win condition also changed last night btw
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Wraith »

Then I suggest you claim it.

For now,
Unvote

Later I'll decide if I'm voting for Kanye, VitaminR, or someone else
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Furcolow »

i have to make sure feysal does something
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin