Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:47 am

Post by Vi »

In post 512, 4nxi3ty wrote:0.Oo.0O.o

This day just went from bad to worse.

Do you really want to lynch A LURKER?

Do you seriously think a SL or RIGGS flip will provide more info than a ACE or SOTTY(this name should be saul) flip...?
4nxi3ty 512 wrote:info
*sprinkles what appears to be magical pixie dust in the air*

sottyrulez 518 wrote:Saw Riggs' claim. We're still digesting it over here. Definitely want to see what Vi has to say now.

In post 522, springlullaby wrote:
Asking for a deadline extension

First I'd like someone to explain to me what the mason/neighbor thing is about: am I correct in understanding that Vi is claiming neighbor/mason with GNR? Whom she has asked to post her thoughts?

Secondly I ll reply to Vi in detail when I get to a computer this night. Short: Vi, you are correct in thinking that I was leaning on you being scum as I stated plainly in my wall post, but I think my points and pressure of you have been adequate. You have been posting rainbow ponies and deriding all my simple questions to you prior to even your vote on me. I read that as scum passive provocation, because you know that I'm _awesome_.I'm still circumspect of you because, well, I know for a fact that you are wrong about me, but yes I think you are very unlikely to be scum now and that I have been wrong.

In meantime, please everyone support deadline extension!! Because you don't want to miss the oppotunity of gauging my interaction with Vi (now that she seem to be able to talk through puppets) and everyone else's reactions to it!!!
*pulls stationary bicycle from offstage*
*backpedals furiously*

Locke Lamora 523 wrote:I'd like to know more details of the role because on the current evidence it seems a little strange.
*shrug*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:17 am

Post by Junpei »

Springs reads are cookie cutter in the fact that you have a bunch of one line pbpa and then a conclusion which is rather generic. A separate issue I have with it is that she says that she stopped reading people once she deemed they were town. Correct me if I'm wrong, but reads change over the course of time, and that includes town reads, so stopping early and flagging someone as town makes no sense.

Things I'm confused with this post restriction.

1. If they don't mind outing themselves as related, then why didn't they do this from the start?

2. This seems like an easy way to get around the post restriction. Riggs post for Vi whenever she writes a post for you (assuming you have a QT or something) and then Vi quotes it afterward.

Will do more analysis of this later before the day break, and will try to read Riggs' post again, was quite confused the first time I read through it.

Oh, and Vi, you didn't answer Ace's question.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Crab Canon »

In post 523, Locke Lamora wrote:My position is that I would like to lynch Ace,
I have no interest in lynching Sotty
and I would compromise on SL, but I don't have a particularly strong scumread on her. I think her play has been lacklustre but I don't see a whole lot of scum motivation (or any motivation up until recently) other than potentially in the self-preservation.

This summarizes my position as well (minus the stricken part).
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:21 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p...77634#p3477634]post 519[/url], Crab Canon wrote:@sotty - I thought you two were married, why do you need a quicktopic to discuss reads? (not game related I know but my curiosity and etc.)

We have a QT because we're not always together. That way when a thought hits us we can make a note of it and come back to it later. We also use it as a way to type out our posts for the other to read over if needs be. It helps keep game information safe and in one place as well.

Vi not dismissing the Riggs post points directly to neighbors. I'm still not overly swayed by the case however, and just because Vi suddenly has a vessel for talking doesn't mean she is suddenly right. Willing to comprise on an SL lynch, but we still think ace is the man for the noose.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Crab Canon »

:mad: Why are all of us who have strong scum reads on ace having to compromise for the much weaker SL wagon?!?!?!

Amrun is suspicious of ace, Vi was suspicious of ace at one time, Fishy has been suspicious of ace, Junpei is ace's scumbuddy, GNR was on ace earlier, Shift is busy omgusing, Anxiety is in his own world.

Why is ace not the lynch and it's looking like SL will be?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:41 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

pls don't belittle me and the same goes for ace who has been doing it all game. i have already stated that i would vote for ace.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:45 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Why aren't you voting him now? Saulres is not getting lynched today.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

cause there won't be enough time for claim speculation, i am willing to hammer one of my scumreads.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Crab Canon »

There won't even be a chance to claim or hammer if you don't put your vote on a viable wagon. And you wonder why I say you are in your own world?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:56 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Votes for Ace are so much more awesome than votes not for Ace, please adjust your own vote accordingly.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:04 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

fine since sottyrulez asked nicely.

unvote,vote: ace

cc you better not switch your vote to sotty if they both get to L-1
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:12 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 522, springlullaby wrote:
Asking for a deadline extension

Deadline would only extended because of delays due to replacements per the rules.

~~~

Vote Count 1.18

springlullaby (L-3) – Shift, Vi, Guy_Named_Riggs, Fishythefish
ace5993 (L-3) - sottyrulez, Locke Lamora, Crab Canon, 4nxi3ty
sottyrulez (L-4) - saulres, Junpei, ace5993
Shift (L-5) – Amrun, springlullaby

Not Voting (0)

Deadline: Friday September 30 @ 1:00 PM Eastern

Countdown: (expired on 2011-09-30 13:00:00)
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:49 am

Post by ace5993 »

In post 483, Locke Lamora wrote:Yes, I see the difference. SL stated that she likes to lurk a few times. You seem to be implying that the overall volume of SL's posts negatively affects the content of each individual post.

No.

In post 518, sottyrulez wrote:The quicktopic discussion conveyed a feeling that you were trying to blend in too much. I can actually paste some quicktopic posts which convey our thought process on you but I don't really find it necessary.

That's not specific. I'd like to know how and why you came to that conclusion. Also specific posts of mine would be nice.

My wagon is so obviously scum-driven right now it's not even funny. The points people have on me are:

1. The CrabCanon 4nxi3ty/ace slip-up, which was based on misreading my post.
2. Voting springlullaby, even though I was the first to have suspicions of him and had pointed him out as a scumread far before the wagon began. If you see a wagon grow on a scumread I think it's a pretty fair reaction to hop on.
3. Allegedly treating Locke and springlullaby differently. Anyone can see the difference between their ISO's, I mean come on. I'm not sure why Locke is making up bullshit reasons for my differing reads on them. springlullaby had scummy posts, Locke didn't. Saying "this is why I'm not posting much" or "I'm a chronic lurker" isn't particularly scummy but that's what Locke is trying to make it sound like that's what my case revolves around.

I mean seriously, this is just garbage.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:14 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 537, ace5993 wrote:

My wagon is so obviously scum-driven right now it's not even funny. The points people have on me are:

*Snip*

I mean seriously, this is just garbage.

In post 384, ace5993 wrote:Sotty you're defending yourself by claiming absolutely everything someone says about you is not only wrong, but scummy. THAT IS SCUMMY.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm going to have deadline access problems. Other than
hopefully
a brief period in about 12 hours, I probably won't be on again.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Vi »

In post 526, Junpei wrote:Oh, and Vi, you didn't answer Ace's question.
*looks*
*looks again*
*shrugs*

In post 529, Crab Canon wrote::mad: Why are all of us who have strong scum reads on ace having to compromise for the much weaker SL wagon?!?!?!
*points to own posts*
*points to own posts again*
*points to own posts again*

*tapes ace of clubs to hammer*
*walks away from hammer*
confirms vote on springlullaby
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 am

Post by ace5993 »

@Sotty - I don't think the points made against me are scummy (with the possible exception of Locke's), just incredibly poor. What I think is scummy is that many people have jumped
on
these weak points.

Just a precaution - this game
is
no reveal (abilities anyway) so we
must
get a claim before a lynch. With that in mind a wagon needs to build to L-1/L-2 right now. I'm still definitely happiest with sotty for today, there are a couple other people who I have suspicions of but they currently do not have wagons on them.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Amrun »

VOTE: ace

Getting down to the wire here.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Vi »

*scowls*
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Junpei »

Okay, I am going to read up on spring and ace soon, and come to a conclusion on which is a more preferable lynch. I don't think sotty is happening.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 543, Vi wrote:*scowls*

Your biggest beef with SL seems to be centered on the (admittedly strange) "reverse chainsaw defense" thing.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but that seems to only be a big issue if GNR is scum with sl, and gnr is supposedly masons with you.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Vi »

*pulls your knit cap off*
In post 509, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:Let's first point out that ace is correct in her posts being contentless prior to appearing. In addition, it's fairly suspect that she's only choosing to enter the arena close to deadline, instead of actually trying to hunt scum. I'm aware that she prefers to lurk, but in Tofu Mafia she was actually candid and a thorn in the side of the scum who I was glad (as scum) to see replaced. This time, it's more likely that she actually is scum.

Now, let's walk through her accusations.
*I am scum because I have refused questions to make my post restriction less of a hassle.

EXCUSE ME? Does it look like I can wax eloquent with this restriction to the extent that you're asking? How, exactly, do you expect me to "explain" myself or answer "why" in any clear way? I'm lucky I have this "out" I'm using now. And are you really going to knock me for not taking such a ridiculously bad post as 54 seriously?

*Guy_Named_Riggs is scum because of a "reversed chainsaw defense" (421) wherein Riggs tries to justify being a lurker and is simultaneously trying to cover himself if springlullaby is lynched and flips Town.

Am I the only person who sees this as transparent horse manure (fine, I'll start the obscenity machine just for this role) bullshit? "Reversed chainsaw defense"? What the hell is that supposed to be? And GNR is trying to self-servedly actively justify HIS OWN lurking in post 421? Even if anyone actually believes this (I don't, and would never have read the post this way), the person believing it wouldn't be Guy_Named_Riggs - the person I would expect to think so strategically would be springlullaby herself.

There's a much easier explanation for GNR 416 - scum asking why a wagon has magically formed on his partner. I mean, unexplained wagons on scum? FUDGE! You can't logically attack what doesn't have a logical basis! Plus it appeared to be the only thing worth commenting on out of everything up until that point. Never mind that springlullaby is now letting herself be talked out of the GNR wagon in favor of Shift.

*Guy_Named_Riggs is "scummier than me [springlullaby]".
Just a reminder, but springlullaby only started moving after four votes came her way. Am I really the only person reading self-preservation into this?

*Vi is scum for "too many 100% fluff posts".
I assure you I've made fewer fluff posts than you while posting six times as often. Your idea of a "useless" post seems to be heavily skewed toward me being scum. But that's where you're going in the end, isn't it?

468 is a bloody PbPA. She gives half a line of recap of what the post was about (unless spinnable), and ends with BAD or GOOD. How the hell are you supposed to form a coherent case from that? You can't. It's fake.

springlullaby is so obviously phony and she's so obviously getting away with it that it's actively making me ill.

Amrun 545 wrote:masons
*scowls again*
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

They are neighbors Amrun
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Amrun »

Oh, my b.

So you think GNR is scum, Vi?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 548, Amrun wrote:Oh, my b.

So you think GNR is scum, Vi?
*poses pensively*
In post 486, springlullaby wrote:GNR, Fishy, and me now. The suspicions for the formers seemingly only based on association tells
*strikes out "seemingly only"*
confirms vote on springlullaby

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”