Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 768, AGar wrote:And the apprehensiveness? Probably that Emp was the big PR on your team.

Care to explain the use of
you
r here ? Since Empking is dead and was town, are you suggesting Mac Dougall is town or are you suggesting you are not aligned with Empking.

I still need to understand how Empking could be town, SK post fury may have blurry his defense but I am still puzzled by what I pushed for. I am still as bad in D1 as ever.

Can someone post a wall in spoiler on MacDougall including citations and arguments ? That'de be nice. I'd rather not lynch another PR though it's unlikely the Loyalists have PR alive now ...
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:17 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Empking wasn't Town..
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Otolia »

The color blue did fool me. My bad. ><
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Shinki »

In post 777, Otolia wrote:The color blue did fool me. My bad. ><

What.
I'm on the same boat as you, he was scum? D:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

@monk Shinki's d1 play was crap. I already explained this. I don't like Kdowns kill at all.

MacDougall is todays lynch.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Wraith »

Green
is town.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Shinki »

I've been feeling partially guilty for no reason, then.
This is so good to hear.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:09 am

Post by monk »

In post 779, Nero Cain wrote:@monk Shinki's d1 play was crap. I already explained this. I don't like Kdowns kill at all.

MacDougall is todays lynch.

I agree with all of this, though my read on shinki is a newish town player, while the play isn't stellar it is tentative town rather than tentative scum imo
Shinki wrote:I've been feeling partially guilty for no reason, then.
This is so good to hear.

if you are town don't worry about the way you act just try and piece the jigsaw together. I see you doing this through your posts, you're just a bit more tentative than what I'd like
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:19 am

Post by MattP »

Shinki, I still want you to answer the question about the East. :/
SlappyKrust
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

This is Shinki's first game, so she gets a
little
leway. Still could be scum though.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Shinki »

I could tell you about that, Matt, but right after my post Wraith posted this:

In post 494, Wraith wrote:
Okay this is starting to get ridiculous.

You guys are not going to find out who is what alignment from the flavor. I've either left it totally ambiguous or am outright lying about certain elements to keep roles secret. Do not take this as me being a bastard mod and lying to you about your own roles, I'm just saying that this flavor speculation is getting out of hand and will not solve anything.

If the speculation continues on the scale it's on now then I will move from "ambiguous" to "deliberately deceptive" in my mod flavor, and/or ban paraphrasing of role PM flavor altogether.

So, yeah... discouraged pretty much to continue with the topic after that
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:38 am

Post by MattP »

In post 785, Shinki wrote:I could tell you about that, Matt, but right after my post Wraith posted this:

In post 494, Wraith wrote:
Okay this is starting to get ridiculous.

You guys are not going to find out who is what alignment from the flavor. I've either left it totally ambiguous or am outright lying about certain elements to keep roles secret. Do not take this as me being a bastard mod and lying to you about your own roles, I'm just saying that this flavor speculation is getting out of hand and will not solve anything.

If the speculation continues on the scale it's on now then I will move from "ambiguous" to "deliberately deceptive" in my mod flavor, and/or ban paraphrasing of role PM flavor altogether.

So, yeah... discouraged pretty much to continue with the topic after that

I respect that Wraith doesn't want us talking about that, but at the same time you made your post prior to Wraith's and I think clarification of your post is very important. I am sure Wraith would permit you answering a question that could potentially sway a vote. Please and thank you.
SlappyKrust
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

STOP TRYING TO STALL THE MACDOUGAL LYNCH. If Macdougall flips scum this is his buddy.

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:44 am

Post by MattP »

In post 787, Nero Cain wrote:STOP TRYING TO STALL THE MACDOUGAL LYNCH. If Macdougall flips scum this is his buddy.

Think what you wish. Just because I am not quick to vote and actually want to see both sides does not make me scum, I'm pretty sure it makes me more town than the players who are voting blindly.
SlappyKrust
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Shinki »

Sure, if there's no problem I'll gladly answer.

@Mod: Is it ok if I clarify this flavor-related question that I did before your post?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Shinki »

Well, I'm going to class right now, we continue this by the evening.
And I still want to see StrangerCoug here.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Wraith »

Okay, I'm going to clarify something and hopefully this will put flavor speculation to rest. Some people got brief and vague mentions of certain flavorful factions in the setting in their role PMs. HOWEVER, this is why you shouldn't speculate based on the flavor - you are probably wrong. If every single one of you knew all the flavor that has been given out, you will still not have the full picture of how things are working. It will not work and you should not rely on flavor speculation at all.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:17 am

Post by MattP »

All right, that is fair enough.
Unvote

I am going to read through one more time and then make a vote.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:29 am

Post by MattP »

Vote: MacDougall

Reason:
773 and 767. Thank you, monk, very helpful posts.
SlappyKrust
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:05 am

Post by MacDougall »

How fail of you all. Enjoy day 3.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 742, Shinki wrote:Sleepy died, I'll quit )):

Vote: StrangerCoug

Can you tell me about your killing powers, Mr. Scum?

In post 125, Shinki wrote:Apparently I'm a Loyalist to House Argelev, and my win condition is met when all danger to House Argelev and it's loyalists are no longe existant. (paraphrase)

Think before you out yourself as lying by omission.

VOTE: Shinki
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:39 am

Post by MacDougall »

MattP wrote:
In post 787, Nero Cain wrote:STOP TRYING TO STALL THE MACDOUGAL LYNCH. If Macdougall flips scum this is his buddy.

Think what you wish. Just because I am not quick to vote and actually want to see both sides does not make me scum, I'm pretty sure it makes me more town than the players who are voting blindly.

Don't worry about it mate, I'm town so you'll look a million bucks.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Wraith »

Spoiler: Background
The First Empire

The First Empire, while not the oldest known civilization, is certainly the world's most pivotal. The name originates as being the "First Empire" of the Duran. Since the dawn of time, the Duran - then known as the "Iron Men" - were a collection of warlike tribes known as "klans," related only by race and otherwise constantly warring for dominance. Around 4000 BC, a figure known as Moran "the Eternal" united the klans behind his will and vision and forged an empire across the lands that are now known as The Heartlands and The Oldlands, founding the Valterran Dynasty. The Valterran Primarchs ruled for thousands of years, constantly expanding at the expense of various barbarian tribes. The relentless Duranic legions gave these tribes an ultimatum: Join Or Die. Those who joined were ultimately assimilated into the Empire, many of their traditions and customs actually blending into the Duranic culture as a whole; those who defied the legions were utterly exterminated. The Valterran Dynasty ended when the last of a series of incompetent Primarchs was overthrown in 1600 BC. By that time, the Empire had expanded into the Varannian Penninsula to the south (and to the isle of Katan in the Avalon Sea), to the River Thane in the north, the River Ander in the east, and the River Reik in the west.

The Amorus Dynasty succeeded to the throne after a brief civil war between the
Hause Superior
, ruling from approximately 1600-1300 BC. The Amorus Dynasty conquered many lands to the east, but ultimately found their undoing in the west, embroiled in a hundred-year conflict with the Juke (pronounced
yew-keh
) tribes. With House Amorus completely wiped out, the Moranus Dynasty rose to prominence. Instead of moving further west or east, the Moranus Primarchs look across the Avalon Sea to the continent of Troplica. Its northern reaches covered by the vast Sand Seas, Duranic settlers inhabited the fertile river valleys amongst the ruins of ancient, lost civilizations, ultimately reaching the Antethian Penninsula far to the west. After settling northern Troplica, the Moranus Dynasty focused on building the infrastructure of the now-vast Empire, beginning the construction of the famous greystone roads and works of architecture. Nevertheless, conquest is instilled into Duranic blood, and the last Moranus Primarchs plunged the legions into the wild western frontier once more. Around 700 BC, the last Moranus Primarch was assassinated in the infamous "Revolt of the Generals," and House Moranus was brutally exterminated by a treacherous conspiracy of generals and nobles.

The Empire's most brutal civil war followed. "General-Emperors" were crowned every day as they fought with each other and the nobles for control of the Empire. For six years the civil war was fought, until a brilliant and charmismatic young general named Kaesarian was crowned, and put the Empire on the road to recovery. Yet after only three years of rule the beloved new ruler was assassinated by an unknown faction, and the Empire plunged back into three more years of civil war until Belisarius Sarrius, known as "The Honorable," brokered peace between the warring factions and was declared Primarch by the Conclave. His successor, Valerian "the Ruthless," embarked on a brutal and merciless final subjugations of the Juke, showing no quarter and scorching the earth, kick-starting the millenia-long emnity that the two races would share for each other. In 476 BC, the Empire reached its height - spanning from the River Kolgar in the east to the Arkanian Outback and Etremian Ocean in the west; from the Black Sea in the north and the Troplican Sand Seas in the south. Why is the First Empire so important? Because, so early in the history of the world, the Duran had united the vast majority of the known world under one culture and one government. All other settled civilizations of the time - the Rez city-states, the Bennerian kingdoms, and the far eastern empires - were geographically isolated and even more internally divided.

Some of the greatest works of the Duran were contructed and/or founded during the Sarrius Dynasty. In the Year 0 the Belisarian Calendar that is still used today was instituted. Nevertheless by 18 CE the Sarrius Dynasty fell, victim to the "protection" of the Imperial Guards and the purse strings of disgruntled nobles. Primarchs lived and died on the whims of the Imperial Guard or Imperial Senate. The Vorbakan Dynasty was the last of the First Empire, lasting until its fall in 467 CE. What caused the fall of the First Empire? Decay in society led to decadence and the development of a caste system, dividing "Pureblood" Duran and conquered or assimilated barbarians into different classes of citizen. A caste system is a concept most despised by ancient and modern Duran alike. Reliance of barbarian mercenaries to guard the limitless frontiers ultimately led to various internal revolts among improperly assimilated barbarian cultures - in the 4th century CE, the Juke rebelled in the Great Rising, a wave of religious zealotry that disconnected more than a third of the Empire's territory. The economy was spiralling into ruin as more and more citizens sold themselves as debt-slaves to pay their mountain debts of decadence; slavery being another concept abhorred by the Duran. The fall of the First Empire is seen as tragic by romantics, but it was inevitable and necessary. In its waning years the First Empire had not pride, but hubris. Its richest citizens had not earned their many conforts and thus never felt the need to defend them.

Votecount 2.1

MacDougall
(6)
:
AGar, Nero Cain, manho, EtherealCookie, monk, MattP
Shinki
(2)
:
MacDougall,
MattP
, StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
(1)
:
Shinki
PeregrineV
(1)
:
Magua

Not Voting
(9)
:
Otolia, whispersilk, Bogre, David Xanatos, tclawren, SodaSpirit17, PeregrineV, vezokpiraka, kdowns

With 19 alive it takes
to lynch.

Deadline for today is
October 19, 2011

In the future please bold your votes entirely or I will not count them. (*points at MattP*)

tclawren
has not posted on-site in 9 days. If he does not post by tomorrow then he shall be replaced.
Show

Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 795, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 742, Shinki wrote:Sleepy died, I'll quit )):

Vote: StrangerCoug

Can you tell me about your killing powers, Mr. Scum?

In post 125, Shinki wrote:Apparently I'm a Loyalist to House Argelev, and my win condition is met when all danger to House Argelev and it's loyalists are no longe existant. (paraphrase)

Think before you out yourself as lying by omission.

VOTE: Shinki

What a scummy reply.
Just as I expected from you anyway.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Shinki »

Oh, and what excuse you'll try out? Miller? Something else? Give it a try.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”