Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

I do not find you scummy Matt.
I find MacDougall scummy for reasons besides what he's trying to use.
So, yes, he is trying to buddy you!
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by MacDougall »

MattP wrote:
In post 847, MacDougall wrote:
MattP wrote:
In post 843, Nero Cain wrote:
unvote;vote:SC

MacDougall and Matt P are still scum though.

Please tell me how I am scum. Because I wanted to find out more about the questions posed on shinki? I hadn't realized that trying instead of taking the easy way and voting was a scumtell. Thanks for informing me, I'm new to this forum.

This is PRETTY MUCH why I'm scum to them. Also don't bother trying to explain yourself, that just makes you more scummy. Just give up on this game because you're next in line after me.

You could also be mafia trying to buddy me so that they kill me after you. :roll:

You don't have to worry about that because I'll flip town before you get lynched. Roll your eyes all you want.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by monk »

macdougall if all you're going to be is butthurt then seriously stop playing. If you want to play go find me someone scummy, give me reasoning etc.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Lol I'm not butthurt and I've already given all the reasons I possible can to justify what I've done. As for scum since when was Vezok off the table?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Wraith »

tclawren
is being force-replaced.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by monk »

In post 853, MacDougall wrote:Lol I'm not butthurt and I've already given all the reasons I possible can to justify what I've done. As for scum since when was Vezok off the table?

Ok I want a pbpa on why vezok is scum go
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Bogre »

In post 853, MacDougall wrote:Lol I'm not butthurt and I've already given all the reasons I possible can to justify what I've done. As for scum since when was Vezok off the table?

Since when was Vezok ON the table, for you?
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Bogre wrote:

Since when was Vezok ON the table, for you?

Well I did agree with David yesterday that he was scummy.

As for a pbpa. Ugh, fine. Give me an hour.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by MacDougall »

In post 123, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm House Argelev.

Here he says he is House Argelev, also the house of David Xanatos, who claims that he is THE rightful heir. Solely.

In post 341, vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote davidX

Why do you have to post so much guys.

And now he votes David. Hmmm.

In post 442, vezokpiraka wrote:Yeah.

We can lynch monk and david together for being scum.
"Third Legion Stormtroopers Allied to the true Heir of the Throne." - monk

I see neither loyalist nor House Argelev in your claim. You are scum my friend.

unvote vote monk

And now, after Monk and David are revealed as Masons, he votes for Monk because he isn't House Argelev or Loyalist. But at the same time suggests that David be the next lynch, despite David being the first and most vocal House Argelev claim.

In post 124, gandalf5166 wrote:PLEASE STOP HOUSE CLAIMING.

House Argelev is central to my wincon, I'm sure there are more dangerous roles for whom it is the same. Yes, I am not strictly town(although I am for the moment). The rightful heirs to the throne are all males of House Argelev. My role DOES say that all heirs to the throne are town. There are traitors within the house, but all the rightful heirs are town. And my role suggests that scum may have an alternate wincon of killing off all the heirs. So please stop.

Gandalf suggests in his role PM that all males of House Argelev are rightful heirs and subsequently town. He also suggests that there are traitors within House Argelev. Vezok never claims to be a "rightful heir". Just a member of House Argelev (that happens to be voting for an outed "rightful heir" and his mason friend).

So it's very likely that Vezok is one of these alleged traitors within the house. If he was claiming Argelev for the purpose of faking town. If he is in House Argelev and has it in for Monk and David Xanatos, then I would be 99% sure that either Vezok alone, or David AND Monk are scum. Vezok being far more likely, due to his low post count, only being opposed to the vocal rightful heir and the information given to us by Gandalf.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by MacDougall »

In post 549, MacDougall wrote:I'm suspicious of Shinki. She just seems to be hopping from bandwagon to bandwagon to me but hasn't shown commitment to any of them. Seems hell bent on flying under the radar. Just read her ISO. She seems much more likely scum than Empking.

As for Vezok. If what Gandalf says is true, and we have no reason to doubt it, then he'd make a good bet for scum too. There is enough suspicion in him for simply being a member of House Argelev and voting for you tbh. If you are both House Argelev, and he has voted for you, then one of you is scum. I'd be happy to vote for him too.

Here's the post in which I had a scum read on Vezok yesterday. Fwiw.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I think SC is pretty scummy. But I'm not sure what to think.

Shinki is playing so fail with that claim and SC is making good points.

I never saw a cop that didn't want his guilty lynched.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Check it out. Fifth post in the thread. First in well over 24 hours, just happens to be when his name is mentioned. I believe they call this, "active lurking".
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 861, MacDougall wrote:Check it out. Fifth post in the thread. First in well over 24 hours, just happens to be when his name is mentioned. I believe they call this, "active lurking".

Actually I didn't have time to check the thread before. I told the mod that.

Also your accusations are baseless you I don't really care about them.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by MacDougall »

vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 861, MacDougall wrote:Check it out. Fifth post in the thread. First in well over 24 hours, just happens to be when his name is mentioned. I believe they call this, "active lurking".

Actually I didn't have time to check the thread before. I told the mod that.

Also your accusations are baseless you I don't really care about them.

Yeah yeah. Didn't have time to check the thread until the precise moment that your name came up again. Well handled.

Is that really the best you can do? Well I think your defense is inept and terrible and that you're scum.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by manho »

SC is at L-1 now. i still think shinki is faking the guilty result.
unvote, vote: shinki

inb4 "i only got a tracker/gunsmith/fake result on SC, but his reaction after being "caught" is scummy." by shinki after SC flips town.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Then we shall see.

VOTE: Strangercoug
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Post by MacDougall »

In post 864, manho wrote:SC is at L-1 now. i still think shinki is faking the guilty result.

inb4 "i only got a tracker/gunsmith/fake result on SC, but his reaction after being "caught" is scummy." by shinki after SC flips town.

if SC flips town, I'm gonna use this post to make a case against you
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Post by Shinki »

manho wrote:SC is at L-1 now. i still think shinki is faking the guilty result.

Oh, I'm pretty sure he'll flip scum.
Why won't you just vote for him and see for yourself?
But your post reminds me of something...

You're doing exactly the opposite here, I guess this could be a WIFOM situation for free town creds?

Aaand... about his (SC) reaction, he didn't reacted at all, just called me fake after MacDougall hypotheses at #827. He also baited me to see if my investigation was real or not, and not even bothered trying to defend himself. Actually, now that I think about it was a kind of reaction. He just gave up and tried to get some information for his mates, in my point of view.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:14 am

Post by MacDougall »

Honestly, if I come under immense scrutiny for disagreeing with lynching a player who flips scum, then doing it IN THE FACE OF A COP READ has to go one step further.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 am

Post by manho »

In post 866, MacDougall wrote:
In post 864, manho wrote:SC is at L-1 now. i still think shinki is faking the guilty result.

if SC flips town, I'm gonna use this post to make a case against you

k, let's wait for the flip.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:46 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 868, MacDougall wrote:Honestly, if I come under immense scrutiny for disagreeing with lynching a player who flips scum, then doing it IN THE FACE OF A COP READ has to go one step further.

HE NEVER SAID HE IS A COP.

He is just playing stupid hoping someone dies. Next thing you know tomorrow after SC town flip he comes and says. Oh sorry guys I was just a watcher, tracker, whatever and I thought by my flavor that he could be scum.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:02 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Manho sure is a bit confident that he's not scum even with a cop claim. We should turn our attention to him if SC does flip town. I'm guessing mafia with a framer on team distancing himself from vote so he can yell "I told you so" if that happens.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Wraith »

Tired right now so I'm laying off the dramatization flavor for now.

Spoiler: Background
The Great War

The Great War (1903-1919), known to most as simply "The War," was the greatest conflict the world has yet seen, involving nations across Avalon and the world. The War was the product of decades of political machinations that formed complicated webs of alliances, most notably the Imperialist Pact between the Duranic Imperium, Antethian Empire, and Kingdom of Starkain; and the League of Free Nations, membership being the Terran Empire, Bennerian Empire, and Republic of Jukara. The War was sparked by recklessness, when a less-than-brilliant member of House Argelev decided to take a pleasure cruise near or in Jukaran territorial waters. The ensuing hostage crisis, in which both Jukara and the Duran refused to back down, spiralled into a race to mobilize forces.

Fighting on two fronts, the Imperium decided to take advantage of the shorter border with Jukara in the west and follow a "Terra First" strategy, capitalizing on well-known internal strife and corruption within the old empire. Launching a small-scale offensive in the west to shorten the frontline even further, the Imperium blunted Juke-Bennerian couteroffensives using multi-layered lines of trench fortifications while advancing into Terralon and Riev provinces in the east, avoiding the huge Terran defensive build-up in the long-contested territories of Ralland. When the Terrans moved two armies north to deal with Imperial advances in Terralon, the Duran suddenly and secretly swung south, splitting into two prongs. They managed to catch and encircle the Terran forces in a forest against a river near the small town of Metskyville, forcing them to surrender a very sizeable chunk of Terra's standing army. This victory allowed the Duran free range in Terralon, and by 1905 Riev fell to the relentless advance as well. Advancing from both north and south, bypassing the most hardened Terran defenses, the Duran embarked on a year-long campaign to take Ralland.

In the west, progress was slow and infamously brutal. Taking a leaf out of the Imperium's book, the League forces consolidated their gains by settling into opposing trench lines. Attacking was a brutal and bloody business, and battles were more often won by attrition, allowing the League a slight advantage over the Pact. By 1903, the Duranic Imperium outnumbered the populations of Jukara and Bennerian proper combined, but split against both them and Terra in th east, they were outnumbered 2 to 1 without Antethian aid. The Western Front shifted very little and very occasionally throughout the period of 1904-1911.

The Eastern Front, far larger in scale than in the west, was very fluid and shifted constantly. By 1907, the Imperium had made considerable advances, with Terralon, Ralland, and Riev all ceded to their control. Even with vast amounts of manpower on each side, the land was vast on such a scale that neither could form static lines of fortification, at least none that could not be simply bypassed. Even still, with Terran manpower gearing up for war and Duranic manpower split on two fronts, resistance hardened and advances became slower and more costly for years.

In 1909, a significant development in the war's progress was made. While both sides were roughly equal in naval size, the League enjoyed superiority due to the quality of Bennerian sailors, and thus the Red Straits, a vital supply line for the Duran to their colonies, was blockaded since the outbreak of war. The Straits of Rezelia, the only other access into the Avalon Sea, were held open only by the nearby Antethians. To combat League superiority on the surface, the Pact turned to submarine forces to disrupt League shipping and supply lines, engaging in unrestricted warfare against allied and even neutral countries supply Benneria and Jukara with food and war materials. Unfortunately, this categorization included the sleeping giant of Arkania, probably the largest economic and industrial powerhouse in the world at the time. In 1909, reacting to a Duro-Antethian submarine blockade of their major port of Citalia on the Avalon Sea, the Confederation of Arkania joined the war on the side of the League. With the inlcusion of such a large nation, the manpower ratio on the Western Front shifted to a lopsided 3 to 1, requiring Antethian troops to arrive in the trenches in force.

Realizing their desperate situation as the League's 1910 offensive into Tyrannia made significant gains, the Pact decided to turn up the pressure on the Terrans in the east. Launching a two-pronged offensive in the north and south, the Pact intended to take the vital warm-water ports of Terrograd on the Avalon Sea and Memnitz on the Black Sea, which would effectively cut off the Terran Empire from the aid supplied by their western allies. By 1912, Memnitz had fallen and Terrograd was under fire, its harbor facilities effectively shut down to traffic. With so much of its prime farmland in Ralland and Riev province under Pact control, the Terran leadership realized they faced a dangerous famine, which was the last thing their unstable regime needed. Thus, they pressured the League in the west to make more of a contribution. Attempting to take advantage of their great manpower advantage, the western allies targeted a bulging salient in the west and a major crossing over the River Reik into the Imperium's primary industrial region - the fortress city of Keiger. The target was sound, Keiger being the lynchpin of Pact defenses in the west, but the planning was shoddy, and the 1913-1914 battle that raged over that single city is best described in its own entry.

Nevertheless, the results of that battle won the war for one side, and from 1914-1919, new advances in military technology led to bloodier battles as regimes collapsed, armies advances, and millions of men died - all for the prestige of victory. By the end of The War, over 20 million people had died, with millions more scarred or crippled. House Argelev was almost completely wiped out in the male line, and regimes had fallen in Terra and Jukara. The world is primed to change.

Votecount 2.3

StrangerCoug
(10)
:
Shinki, MacDougall, monk, MattP, Bogre, PeregrineV, AGar, Nero Cain, EtherealCookie, David Xanatos

MacDougall
(1)
:
AGar
Nero Cain
, manho,
EtherealCookie
monk
MattP

Shinki
(1)
:
MacDougall
MattP
, StrangerCoug
PeregrineV
(1)
:
Magua

Not Voting
(6)
:
Otolia, whispersilk, tclawren, SodaSpirit17,vezokpiraka, kdowns

With 19 alive it takes
to lynch.

Deadline for today is
October 19, 2011

StrangerCoug
has been lynched. Stand by.

Damn it, you caught me while I was writing my background >:(
Last edited by Wraith on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:31 am

Post by Wraith »

StrangerCoug
has been lynched.

Spoiler: Lynch Scene
When day began, fingers began to points, mostly to
[MacDougall]
and
[StrangerCoug]
. It was
[Shinki]
's testimony that turned the crowd against
StrangerCoug
, however. "I looked into few things last night,
Herr [StrangerCoug]
," said
[Shinki]
. "It appears that you have the resources at your disposal to make your enemies disappear. Care to explain that?"

[StrangerCoug]
chuckled. "Think before you out yourself as lying by omission."

"It's concrete evidence," she responded.

"You know, she has a point," said
[MacDougall]
. A number of the other delegates nodded their heads and spoke affirmatives in agreement. They surrounded
[StrangerCoug]
and stared him down.

"Tell us who you work for!" shouted
[David Xanatos]

"I bet he works for those Terran bastards!" shouted someone else.

"Yeah!"

The
Beran
stood up from the Burning Throne. "I agree," he growled. "Enlighten us, would you please."

[StrangerCoug]
, sweating profusely but maintaining his composure, swiveled his head all around, scowling at each of the faces looming over him, faces contorted with anger. "THE USURPERS WILL NEVER WIN! HOUSE BREMBURG WILL RECLAIM ITS RIGHTFUL PLACE-"

"GUARDS!" the
Beran
bellowed. A squad of Imperial Guards rushed into the throne room, weapons readied. "Arrest this man!"

"NINE HUNDRED YEARS OF TYRANNY-"

The guards hesitated for a moment, then surrounded and siezed
[StrangerCoug]
by the arms. "UNWORTHY!"

[StrangerCoug]
continued to rave as he was dragged out, until the great double-doors slammed shut. The
Beran
sat back down and scowled at the crowd. "I appears," he began, steepling his fingers as he sat back. "That we now know who is behind the rebellions in the north."

StrangerCoug
Henrich Bremburg (Bremburg One-Shot Bulletproof)
, Exiled Day Two

Night Two
has begun.

Deadline for Night Two is
October 5, 2011
. Please forward all night actions via PM.
Last edited by Wraith on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Wraith »

Day Three will have to be delayed 24 hours due to both IRL issues and that I haven't really found a replacement for tclawren yet.

If I can't get a replacement for tclawren within 24 hours from this edit, then day will begin despite.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”