Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:06 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

<3
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Are we also posting clips?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:06 am

Post by Porochaz »

Woah there tonto. Whilst I have little problem with the character claim I didnt see others accept it...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:10 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Who cares about other people. Full massclaim, go.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I really don't care if we do it or not, but the problem with it is MBL is trying to find anybody with a Dave Foley character which is stupid for 2 reasons, 1)Dave Foley Theory is not correct; 2)If it were correct, scum would not claim any Dave Foley characters.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I just find it strange that you had any difficulty determining your character at all. I'd like to know what else is going on here. The question I have is, did you have sexual relations with that woman?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:14 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

MBL, I will 100% go along with a character claim, but I want these 3 people to go before me:

Untrod Tripod
VP Balter
Porochaz

I believe that my role can CONFIRM one of these players as town, but it will be easy for someone to fake claim after I explain my role. So I need to know who these three are before I reveal myself.
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:14 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

And I don't care what order they go in
Tigers ate my signature.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

lol
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:16 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

And, basically, I have reason to believe that no one else has the role that I can confirm, it has to be one of those three
Tigers ate my signature.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:17 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Just a friendly hint: Stop talking about your role.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:19 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

And... I don't even need to know WHAT their role does, just the character's name

No, if we're going to massclaim, which I think we should, then I want those three to reveal their names before I say anything.
Tigers ate my signature.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:19 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Yes I get that, just stop giving them hints, stupid.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:08 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

I don't believe I've given any hints. But okay, I won't say anything more about it until they respond.
Tigers ate my signature.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

blatantproddodge

also who put MBL in charge?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

gonna be a few days before I get my internet turned on guys but i will keep trying to stay up on the thread when i can leech wireless
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

OK so now we get to wait on those three who also happen to be VLA.

Great.

Let's lynch IS while we're waiting!
Talk nerdy to me.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:39 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Why are a few of you fighting against flavor-claiming? If you have a reason not to do it, please list the specific reason. Otherwise, let's get on with it.

First, these five, in any order:
Untrod Tripod
VP Baltar
Porochaz
pacman
IS

Then Zeek.

Then the rest in any order.

Zeek obviously thinks he can confirm a townie this way. (Big whoop, if he's scum.) I wouldn't be asking if I didn't think it would be useful to town. And we have at least some evidence that flavor may be related to the scumteams, so let's see what we can gain from this.

DFSB members: Inexperienced Cannibal, played by Dave Foley and Jacque the French Trapper, played by Dave Foley.
FLF members: Francois the French Trapper, played by Kevin McDonald
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

In post 547, elvis_knits wrote:God IS, it didn't have to go down like this. You could have just been like "hey I don't buy it until you give up the info" instead of throwing tantrums that drip with disdain.

Last night I received a message from the mod telling me that I had been on a blind date last night and my date offered me an omelet. Mod asked me if I would eat the omelette.

I thought, omelet? DGB had been saying stuff about omelets. So went and googled "omelet kids in the hall" and came up with The Chicken Lady character and sketches (there is one where she has a blind date and feeds him an omelet from eggs she lays herself). The Chicken Lady is this half-human, half-chicken lady who is extremely horny and trying to find love. I figured that DGB was my blind date and her role is The Chicken Lady. I mean, all yesterday she was looking for strapping young men and talking about omelets. I don't know for sure that it's her, but... come on.

I wasn't sure if I should eat the omelet (like what if it's poisoned?), but I was reasonably sure it was DGB and she was town, so I decided to eat it. I was curious. Mod sent me a message telling me that the eggs were fresh etc, but otherwise nothing happened to me.

So DGB is The Chicken Lady and she is looking for love. She sends people omelets at night which do nothing. I can attest to that. It's possible she's trying to find another character. I don't know, but I have seen that in other shaft.ed games, so I think it's possible.

I cannot imagine that this is a scum role. Her night action is sending omelets, which do nothing.

Explain this to me Elvis. You received an egg, but you claim it does nothing. Yet, we have chicken lady exploding and turning into a treestump. So obviously she found a male that ate her egg and poof! Treestump.

In post 583, elvis_knits wrote:
In post 558, Internet Stranger wrote:And to further spam the thread, I understand why Elvis is so passionate about defending the chicken lady now. But Elvis is still wrong. Unless she is willing to admit that her character is male and swears that nothing happened to her, then im convinced that this is how its being played out.

Them eggs are the devil!

MY CHARACTER IS MALE YOU EXPLETIVE.

I ATE THE OMELET.

I AM ALIVE.

If you were so male, how come DBG didnt find love then? Obviously she did eventually, how come it wasnt with you, Elvis?

I think that you are a LIAR. You ate NOT male and youre hiding something.

In post 1156, elvis_knits wrote:
In post 1140, vollkan wrote:Okay, just checked in, and I see I am at L-1, so:

I am
Kevin
from Citizen Kane. I have a protecting and killing power. Basically, the first time I target a person, I protect them. If I choose to target them again, it will be a kill attempt instead. Night 1 I targeted VPB. Reasoning was that VPB was one of my #2 suspects. My hope was to push IS on D2, and then, if VPB got scummier over D2, to kill him on N2. On N2, however, I instead protected DGB, given her claim. I win with town.

Seeing as your character murders somebody with a knife in that sketch, it really doesn't make me feel too good about you.

I guess now it's time to speculate on DFSB, since I was holding it back until at least one person we thought had a good chance of being scum claimed.

This:
Umbrage, Inexperienced Cannibal, Lynch Resistant Goon, DFSB

(note: this character played by Dave Foley)
+ this:
Dave Counter, Innocent Character

Makes me think that DF=Dave Foley, and that Dave Foley characters are bad. Umbrage's inexperienced cannibal character is played by Dave Foley. And we have a dead role that
counted Daves
, which I am thinking means "counts how many scum are left. (Obvious problem here being that pops claimed VT, but he also wasn't looking at vote counts and he didn't claim his character or his video, so I think that it's plausible that he just got confused and misclaimed).

So DFSB means something like "Dave Foley Supremacy Brigade" and they're all Dave Foley characters trying to kill the rest of us off.

So I actually believe vollkan is probably telling the truth about his clip and his character because otherwise he wouldn't be claiming a character who kills people in his sketch. That's like super dumb to make up. And he kills a Dave Foley character in his sketch, so I find it very unlikely that he is DFSB mafia. He is either SK or town. I mean, his play has been scummy, and his character claim seems pretty psychotic. I think it's more likely he's SK.

(Side note, I also think shaft.ed didn't give the scum fake claims since Umbrage didn't claim and IS refuses to claim. It also makes sense for why vollkan would claim his actual character and sketch, he admitted to not knowing the show so fabricating his own character and sketch would take time.)

You sure seem to know a lot Elvis, just sayin'
"Dave Foley Supremacy Brigade"? That sounds like a really good name now, doesnt it?
You sure knew for a fact that Vollkan wouldnt be in the DFSB, no wonder you could defend him so strongly using that fact.

In post 1164, elvis_knits wrote:It fits in the sense that DGB/Chicken Lady is not played by Dave Foley, and is thus prob town. I know that my character is in a sketch with Dave Foley, but I am not played by Dave Foley.

In post 1166, elvis_knits wrote:OH FUCK, maybe I am played by Dave Foley... my clip is really short so it's hard to tell. Either my character is Dave Foley or he's not in the sketch. I feel like I need to even show you guys now since I just made this retarded theory that might be wrong. Honestly I can't tell who is playing my character because he's dressed up in wig and stuff, but I think the voice might be Dave Foley. But if I post it I will basically be roleclaiming.

In post 1168, elvis_knits wrote:It will not help the town. I just feel stupid now. I am pretty sure my character is Dave Foley at this point, and now I don't know anything about the flavor.

In post 1177, elvis_knits wrote:No, it's a guy, and he's also wearing a wig.

For someone that sure pretends to know a lot, you sure went back to playing a bumbling idiot role right after. Are you a guy or not? Are you Dave Foley or not?

Whatever it was you were trying to pull, it worked. After this you started shrieking from the rooftops about me and turning the conversation away from you and these claims. You took advantage of the fact that I thought Vollkan was scum to keep the conversation away from you. It also helped that the very selfish DBG was sitting there cluck clucking away in your ear in some sort of elaborate plot to defame me.

In post 1206, elvis_knits wrote:I have no knowledge that anything happened to me as a result of the omelet. I did not gain anything (that I know of). The only response from the mod was to tell me that it tasted fresh. That's all that happened. Unless it is a hidden mechanic. I know nothing.

So, I think MBL's info is good to have because it probably means something although I have no idea what, and if people feel the need to keep a cult suspicion in mind, go right ahead, but I think that it's sort of pointless to get too much into mass hysterics about a cult. The way I always play in a game is that unless there is evidence of a cult (as in dead cult members or somebody with evidence or a dead cult detector role) then you don't go crazy worrying about a cult. I think it's a distraction.

"I know nothing"??? "I KNOW NOTHING"??? You go from essentially, "I know everything, fuck you, lynch IS because he is a poopyhead" to "I know nothing"???

Looks like Elvis is a LIAR yet again.

In post 1307, elvis_knits wrote:I am back. My initial thoughts are:

1)Yay for Mist Beauty death.
2)Yay for ML being scum, but OH SHIT looking like another scum team. Says ML was a "member" of FLF. So there are more. Will have to rethink things. People that I ruled as town for "not scum with umbrage" now need another look.
3)IS needs death regardless of anything else we decide.

I want to reread yesterday since I only skimmed it, and also think about everything now that I know that ML is scum in a second group.

I think it was extremely convenient that you happened to be "V/LA" during the whole Misty lynching. Now I have nothing to verify connections between Elvis and Misty on that day. I will have to go back and re-llok at Elvis/Umbrage and see how that shapes out.

She screams a lot about everyone else being connected to Umbrage, but now I will have to verify Elvis as well.

In post 1308, elvis_knits wrote:OK, gave ML a little bit of a reread (kinda skimmy).

ML's early defense of scooby is now concerning to me. I have liked scooby for a large part of this game, but I don't like ML defending him in what seems sort of a BS way. I want to take another look at scooby, but I'm actually hoping to find stuff that rules him out as being ML's buddy. But I feel like it's dumb not to even take another look at him at this point.

I think IS has a huge chance of being ML's buddy. ML consistently defended IS, trying to resolve the fighting between me and IS, as "IS is always like that."

ML showed some soft support for zeek's cult idea. I'm unsure if this implicates zeek or suggests that ML was piggybacking onto a dumbtown idea. At some points in my mafia career I have thought that suggesting cults was a mafia tactic to distract the town. I still think it does that but I don't want to be entirely rigid here. I have to take more of a look at zeek to be sure what I think of this.

I think UT is prob town. I didn't think he was an umbrage buddy, and I don't think he's an ML buddy either. ML fingered UT early for non-contribution, and it just looks like he didn't like UT, which makes me think UT is prob town.

When I'm not so sleep-deprived I will have more, but for now I'm gonna

VOTE: Internet Stranger

Any way you slice this game, IS is fucking scum.

So ALL game im fucking buttlovers with Umbrage, but now since that bullshit case has fallen apart, you have a new pet conspiracy theory to yap about. Now of course im buddies with Lain because the LainScum acted like scum. Brilliant Elvis, brilliant.

So which is it Elvis, am I scum with Umbrage or Lain? Youre full of crap and a liar yet again. Youre so desperate to get rid of me because you know im going to keep catching scum that you know that eventually im going to figure you out and make you hang for the scum that you probably are.

Im dangerous to your little scum game Elvis, im a threat to your scum win condition. You dont have a choice except to come up with bullshit against me.

In post 1319, elvis_knits wrote:Also, it sounded like there was more neighbors than just Mist and Medicated Lain. I'm thinking about whether I want to know the other member(s) of the neighborhood.

I guess that the neighborhood is responsible for the lurconis kill last night. Wasn't that what MB said they wanted to do on a previous night, and she had screwed it up. So they thought she was protecting lurconis. So last night they were able to agree on the lurconis kill (I guess with ML participating)

I'm guessing that the DFSM killed ML.

Which leaves Spyrex as the FLF kill.

FLF knew the DFSM existed, but the DFSM may or may not have known that the FLF existed, but they killed ML who flipped FLF.

So which is Elvis, do you know everything, or do you "know nothing"? Again, you sure seem to know alot about whats going on during the night and behind the scenes. WHY?

In post 1330, elvis_knits wrote:scooby,

I disagree about his catchup post. He said he analyzed the game blind, purposely not looking at who died, something that is easy for scum to fake. I also think that it's a way to look like you're contributing but actually being useless, which is scummy. It's a way for IS to look like he's helping when most of his comments are on dead players and are therefor inconsequential. Even if you disagree with my interpretation, your interpretation is not very strong, definitely not enough to clear him of all his wrongdoings.

Also, I think you're confused about the scum teams. Umbrage and Mist Beauty were DFSM, and Medicated Lain was FLF. So maybe IS is not Mist Beauty and Umbrage's buddy. Like, I'm not going to even argue that because you might be right. But we have another scum team. He could still be Medicated Lain's buddy. Look how Medicated Lain defended him and tipped the game toward lynching vollkan when their wagons were deadlocked.

Hey Elvis, I know youre a LIAR, but you can at least do better than this. Before you continue to smear me like this, how about you tell the kids in the audience who I voted for in that post.

Was it someone dead?
Stop making it sound like I only spoke of dead people when I clearly didnt. I had good comments on DBG, Vollkan and Scooby. The only one that slipped past my radar was Misty and that was just her being crafty scum.

Stop insinuating that all I did was talk about dead people. Thats disingenuous and WRONG. Are lies the only way you can try to build a BULLSHIT case on me Elvis?

So all game all the evidence points to me being Umbrage's buddy, but now that the theory doesnt fit anymore, all of my actions actually mean that I was Lain's buddy now? Can you say disassociated BULLSHIT? My gawd Elvis, youre full of shit, there is no other way to put it it. Your case is weak, your facts are wrong, your opinions are biased and your theories are based on LIES.

YOU ARE A LIAR.

In post 1346, elvis_knits wrote:I'm wondering if somebody could legitimately think the things that zeek thinks.

1)I'm pretty sure my character is Dave Foley. It's hard to tell, but the voice sounds like it to me. I can post my clip if needed. I don't know what to tell you about the whole Dave Foley thing -- I suggested the "Dave Foley is scum" theory myself before realizing my character was also Dave Foley, and then realizing it couldn't be correct. I would hardly do that if I knew I was Dave Foley and all Dave Foleys were scum.

2)I'm pretty sure scooby is town. He's been acting pretty town this game, IMO, and the way he mixed up the scum buddies (thinking ML was scum with Umbrage) seems like a real townslip to me. Scum wouldn't do that because they know who is/was on their team. It would have to have been a purposely faked townslip, and I think the odds are it was real, especially given the rest of his play.

3)Lynching somebody because he claimed vanilla and you *think* there are no vanillas, is a really stupid thing to do. You don't know what the setup is. And stop fucking convicting people based on flavor alone. That's a recipe for disaster!

Again with this, are you fucking Dave Foley or not? Stop trying to sow chaos and confusion.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:04 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

IS, Elvis is pretty much locked in to her claim by what she's already said. She's a Dave, and probably, but not definitely, scum.

Can you please claim the flavor of your role? I listed you in the first group of five because a bunch of people seem to suspect you. If we don't get started with this claiming soon, it'll take forever.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

what "bunch of people" suspect me?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:15 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Yeah, I mean I just want those three people I listed (again: Poro, UT, and VP) to at least give their character name, if not outright claim, before I claim... that doesn't mean everyone has to wait on "us" though.
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:16 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

UT, could you please provide the name of your character... you don't even have to say what it is that your ability is, I just need the name.
Tigers ate my signature.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Locked in the Dave claim? Then why isnt this vote automatic?

Vote: Elvis
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”