Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Fishythefish »

So, my first reaction to Haylen's claim was that it's an odd scum claim; SK here is unlikely, and scum would know that.

But in a game like this, strange combinations like pyschiatrist without a SK ring true. It would be a fairly sensible scum claim; and since Parama was threatening to hammer Haylen no matter what, and off the wall claim makes sense.

Lurc makes a good point about Johhog. The claim changing from "easy scum fakeclaim" to "very town" is odd.

@Johhog: what changed your mind about twisted's claim between 531 and 575?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Johhog »

It looked town for sure, but it was no doubt an easy fakeclaim.

I won't deny that I changed my mind a bit though, I think it mainly was when I reflected about him wanting to prove that Fishy received an invention.

PeregrineV: Now you're just bad. Try to provide a case yourself.

To Lurconis case I can just say that I don't see what's scummy about my play there. I mean, I specifically mentioned that I had a gut townread on Parama during the post when I voted him, and Spoon was getting lynched no matter what, so what would I gain from it as scum?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Haylen »

@ Parama - That inconsistancy you pointed out where I said about the SK not existing and then hoping it chucked him under a bus? That was some sort of emotional charge. I was angry that my roleclaim wasn't being believed.

@ Chair - What part of my argument cemented me as scum? And why haven't you brought this up before?

I'll take a look at Johogg tomorrow and see if I can find anything lynch worthy there. I need sleep right now though. Double statistics at 9am.

I'm trying to get some sort of feeling into the game and can't :( I'm hoping a month long hiatus after I end all my games will help. Bare in mind anyone who fancies blacklisting me for my recent play in games, I really am trying to get back up to standard, I'm still figuring out a way to get The Spark back. I feel constantly tired, maybe a break will help more than one thing.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by camn »

Upset. Set up.
Stand up. Up Stand?
Stand out. Outstanding.

Johhog
( Lurconis Parama PeregrineV )

fishythefish
( RedPanda )

Haylen
( Chair Zang )

Zang
( Johhog )

NOT VOTING:
( Haylen fishythefish )

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is
WEDNESDAY, October 12th
, 8pm MY TIME.. . Or whenever I get around to it.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Lurconis »

@Johog you don't see what is scummy about calling someone town in the same post you vote them?
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by RedPanda »

@per I saw it as a townflip on twisted = smart scum and a scumflip on him = notsosmart scum.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm OK with Johhog.

VOTE: Haylen

@RedPanda: you say that twisted would have chosen a buddy to claim at so as to confirm his claim. But I
didn't
confirm his claim. What's more, scum never would - it would mean that once one of them flipped, the other would be dead. There's no reason for twisted to choose a buddy there (or, indeed, to not choose a buddy). It's pure WIFOM. You're totally right that
if I was scum
then I wouldn't have wanted to take the risk of confirming his claim. But because there's no reason he wouldn't choose a townie, that just isn't evidence for me being scum.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Johhog »

In post 729, Lurconis wrote:@Johog you don't see what is scummy about calling someone town in the same post you vote them?

No. Tbh I can see it as dumb, clueless or something like that, but what is the scum motivation in that? Can scum benefit from it at all?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 732, Johhog wrote:
In post 729, Lurconis wrote:@Johog you don't see what is scummy about calling someone town in the same post you vote them?

No. Tbh I can see it as dumb, clueless or something like that, but what is the scum motivation in that? Can scum benefit from it at all?

So are you saying you're dumb or clueless? I'm not buying that.

Scum benefits from it by saying "Look, I said they were town." when they flip town, while still contributing to their lynch.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Johhog »

In post 733, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 732, Johhog wrote:

So are you saying you're dumb or clueless? I'm not buying that.

Scum benefits from it by saying "Look, I said they were town." when they flip town, while still contributing to their lynch.

Definitely not. I'm just saying that I imagine other people could see it as dumb or clueless.

Do you really think scum could use that defence without getting called out on it? Link me to a game where scum did this, please.
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Lurconis »

@johog how does someone voting a town read help town. My main problem is you kept saying twisted was scummy but your reason for not voting him was he was going to be lynched anyway. Explain how not helping to lynch scum and insteaf voting someone who you think is town is not scummy.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Johhog »

Taken out of context it would hurt town, yeah.

But remember that I didn't know that Spoon was scum, and I was basically trying to think twice and be smart to find scum.

But Lurconis, you're definitely confusing "anti-town" and "scummy". Not the same thing.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by camn »

am I getting unhappy with the pace of this game? perchance.
All the pieces are there. It's all out in the open.

Johhog
( Lurconis Parama PeregrineV )

fishythefish
( RedPanda )

Haylen
( Chair Zang fishythefish )

Zang
( Johhog )

NOT VOTING:
( Haylen )

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is
WEDNESDAY, October 12th
, 8pm MY TIME.. . Or whenever I get around to it.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by Lurconis »

In post 604, Johhog wrote:Oh well. My gut tells me that Parama is town, but this will be one of the rare times when I use my brain instead of gut. We really need a flip too, a town/scumflip on Twisted or Parama would divide the Town into two camps.

UNVOTE: Lurconis
VOTE: Parama

@Johog in that post you also say We really need a flip too. That to me seems like you are saying we need one of them to flip. At that point Twisted was at L-1. If you felt we needed one of them to flip and you had a town read on parama and a scum read on twisted why didn't you hammer?

It doesn't make sense.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:04 am

Post by Johhog »

All right I won't manage to explain that one. Basically I was trying to WIFOM myself or something, I'm afraid I actually can see why you're voting me now.

One thing though which I don't get - why wouldn't scum hammer his scumbuddy? There was no way Spoon would survive the day.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:46 am

Post by camn »

Seriously, now.
It isn't called "camn's personality types" for a reason.
I have moods. And the posting rate around here is putting me in a bad one.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Parama »

shameless proddodge

camn I'm sorry but this is boring atm because there's not much to say, I know who I want to lynch today and I don't see much happening to change that.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:10 am

Post by Haylen »

I have a theory. It's one that makes sense to me anyway. Myer's Briggs can be separated into 4 catagories, Artisan, Idealist, Guardian and Rational. I think that scum are the people people with the 'rational' myer's briggs role names. Either that or it's one person from each. These are the categories.

Artisan:

Composer
Performer
Crafter
Promoter

Idealist:

Champion
Counsellor
Healer
Teacher

Guardian:

Inspector
Protector

Provider
Supervisor

Rational:

Architect
Fieldmarshall
Inventor

Mastermind

If scum are all rationals then that is incredibly broken and I rule for figuring it out.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Haylen »

Ok, I've got it. All of the rationals are scum but have fake claims from the other groups because there are less people in the game than there are possible roles.

Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Lurconis »

If your theory is right parama is scum, myself you chair panda and jogog town leaving fishy or zang as final scum.

Ill look at it moreduring lunch.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Parama »

>i'm architect
>i'm town

besides do you really think this game would be breakable that easily? considering all the other weird stuff going on here <_<
And assuming 3 scum, how would that explain scum getting a fakeclaim each?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Haylen »

Hmm. If Peregrin was scum, since he's obviously Field Marshall and fakeclaims had been provided, then there would be no way that logically he would play up to the field marshall role, he'd play up to the fake claim role. I'm sure there's 1 scum in each of those 4 groups in that case and third party in the other. Unless on of those categories has no scum and the psychiatrist role is a red herrin which really wouldn't surprise me.

I was hoping it would be that easily broken, hope and logic are entirely different things.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 746, Haylen wrote:Hmm. If Peregrin was scum, since he's obviously Field Marshall and fakeclaims had been provided, then there would be no way that logically he would play up to the field marshall role, he'd play up to the fake claim role. I'm sure there's 1 scum in each of those 4 groups in that case and third party in the other. Unless on of those categories has no scum and the psychiatrist role is a red herrin which really wouldn't surprise me.

I was hoping it would be that easily broken, hope and logic are entirely different things.

I am indeed the Field Marshall, but since it's harder to play abstract, pragmatic, directive, and expressive at at once, I decided to take the role at face value.

Since I know my role, I know not all the "Rationals" are scum, but one in each group makes sense.
Except, that sort of set-up speculation burned me before, so I will be extra cautious before lynching solely on that fact.

And, there are 4 groups each way, and only 13 players, are you thinking still 3 scum or now 4? I used to think 3 was the max, but I've seen and played in games where there were 4.

Either way, I still plan on going by play and cases and such, however, knowing whether we're hunting 2 or 3 makes a difference in terms of looking for interactions.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

EBWOP:
*all at once.
Chair
Chair
Goon
Chair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Chair »

Basically, speculation on how camn made the setup is pretty useless. camn's not going to make the game that broken. at least I hope. We don't even have enough info even if we wanted to lynch based on temperaments.

More people on the Haylen bandwagon.

-Misder

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”