The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Herodotus »

What is the significance of the search? Did you read the most recent post: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3487985 ?

In post 1019, Ellibereth wrote:Random arbitrary choice Moi.
Just isoed the name i didn't recognize.

Context?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Herodotus:
In post 987, Herodotus wrote:@Magna: you want guaranteed scum?
Then vote for VitaminR.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 1025, Herodotus wrote:

What is the significance of the search? Did you read the most recent post: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3487985 ?

In post 1019, Ellibereth wrote:Random arbitrary choice Moi.
Just isoed the name i didn't recognize.

Context?

oh lol no i didn't
my bad

moi criticizing me on randomly choosing people earlier
which I do
FLASH OF GREEN
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by VitaminR »

But anyway.
In post 1023, Herodotus wrote:I haven't said that everything you say is scummy. Most of your posts don't give me any indication of your alignment and I haven't mentioned them. Please explain why you would claim this.

I just get the impression that, since you've declared suspicion of me, you've been trying to pick apart my posts/behaviour more than is really reasonable (e.g. my response to CES, my stance towards Feysal). But that's just my feeling about it.

In post 1023, Herodotus wrote:Where did I call you guaranteed scum on the basis of how little you've posted? You're putting words into my posts. I did comment on your lack of expressed reads, but that was after I voted you or used the phrase "guaranteed scum", and that's different from a lurking accusation.

That's not what I meant. I meant that just considering how little I've posted I find it hard to believe that you can think I'm guaranteed scum.

In post 1023, Herodotus wrote:I'm not concerned about any condescension in your first question, but it's a misleading question because it asks me to assume I'm wrong. On the second question, I feel like you're trying to undermine my argument by attacking my scumhunting record. When I replace into games, I typically have accurate reads, so yes, I'm confident. Sometimes I develop inaccurate reads, but I'm open to changing them if there is a reason.

I'm not trying to undermine you. I just want an example of where you were wrong about such an apparently strong read from the get-go, so I can evaluate your attack in a larger context. This is purely to help me establish a read on you. If you're worried about looking like a bad scumhunter, you can give me a bunch of examples where you were right to offset it.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Plum »

VOTE COUNT #2.3Furcolow - 1 - Espeonage
Feysal -
- Mastermind of Sin, Dekes, Andrius
VitaminR - 2 - Herodotus, Gut
Dekes - 2 - MagnaofIllusion, SpyreX, VitaminR,
kanyeknowsbest - 2 - Wraith, Furcolow, gandalf5166
Sun and Moon - 1 - Empking,
Will-o-wisp - 1 - Ellibereth,

Not Voting (9): Magister Ludi, Sun and Moon, mockingjaye, Feysal, kanyeknowsbest, Will-o-wisp

With 18 alive it will take 9 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 will be on October 13th; exact time will be determined soon but basically when I feel like it.

Dekes, kanyeknowsbest, Sun and Moon, and Will-o-wisp have all been prodded.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by ooba »

I hope something significant happened between pages 22 and 42 since I cant fathom why kanye isn't dead yet.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Yeah two flash wagons at the end of the day. Hence why I think Furc is scum. (Not only that but she is in a pretty bad place on the wagon.)
Don't @ me.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by Furcolow »

>Furc
>She

excuse me?
secondly, I have claimed, and I outted Feysal visiting me
Learn to fucking read
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by ooba »

Re-read done.

For those of you who haven't played with me, I primarily scumhunt by associations - who attacks whom at what point of time, who do you suspect and who you actually vote at any given point. On a secondary level, I also look at tone+intensity+duration+when you switch of an attack to spot if it might be scum bussing each other.
Expect my post to be small and reason-light; I'll elaborate only if I feel the need to; If there is nothing there, then it is due to associations with other reads.

Town

8. Dekes
10. mockingjaye
13. Wraith - Love the kanye hate plus that colored wagon list was good
22. Herodotus (replacing LordChronos) - VitR, kanye, MoI suspicion mirrors my reads
3. Sun and Moon (CSL + Amrun hydra)
12. Gut (Cogito Ergo Sum + chamber hydra)
21. Will-o-wisp (Oversoul + Mist Beauty hydra)

11. Furcolow - Initially thought he was scum due to the massive kanye defense. (ISO #69, 88, 89). But D2 play has no attributable scum motivation - Town. (And what I mean by "Town" for self-aligned players is "Not Mafia")

15. Katsuki - Feysal - Resident SK. Read him as town during D1 with the rage quit and the lynch run up. Not going to argue theory here - not supporting this lynch. I'll reevaluate once we have a couple of dead Mafia-ites.

5. gandalf5166 - I would have said town but he hasn't even got his role yet. Not Mafia who is lying about not getting his role though.

Above list follows no particular ordering. This list starts from Null and works it's way down to scum
Scum\Null

14. SpyreX - Initially had him as town but all his votes have been on town reads (Gandalf, Pere, Dekes). Plus the kanye defense. The not lynching Feysal note was good though.
6. Ellibereth - Nothing to base a read on.

7. Mastermind of Sin
17. Espeonage

1. Andrius - I'd say Andrius was telling the truth about not receiving his role. However, I think he was recruited to the scum team at around page 28 or so (towards the end of D1). This is dependent on kanye flipping scum though. I would have also expected gandalf to change to town at the same time but maybe I'm wrong or Plum choose not to design the two roles that way.

16. kanyeknowsbest
19. VitaminR
20. MagnaofIllusion
18. Empking

(contd.)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by ooba »

After some low level wagon analysis and assuming 4 scum (+ 1 possible recruit), I'm making a scum call out of {kanye,VitR, (MoI\Empking), Espe} for now.

Not lynching kanye today is a big mistake. I am very sure he will flip scum.
Unvote. Vote: Kanye

Can sort out scumbuddies after that.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:48 am

Post by Empking »

Ooba: Gandalf does have his role.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:58 am

Post by ooba »

In post 1035, Empking wrote:Ooba: Gandalf does have his role.

Right. In which case, he is town for voting kanye on D2 after he got the role. However, the timing of recieving the role during the night doesn't gel with inflection noted in Andrius's play towards end of D2. Might be wrong about that then.

Doesn't change the fact that kanye needs rope..
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:34 am

Post by Gut »

What do you think of kanye's recent activity, ooba?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:39 am

Post by ooba »

In post 1037, Gut wrote:What do you think of kanye's recent activity, ooba?

What recent activity? He hasn't posted since D2 started.
If your point is that scum wouldn't avoid the thread altogether like this without posting - note that he's not been posting on the site for the last week at all (he went awol before D2 started here)
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Gut »

I'm aware he's probably site-flaked. I just find it interesting none of the people on his wagon mentioned it.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:30 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1033, ooba wrote:For those of you who haven't played with me, I primarily scumhunt by associations - who attacks whom at what point of time, who do you suspect and who you actually vote at any given point. On a secondary level, I also look at tone intensity duration when you switch of an attack to spot if it might be scum bussing each other.
Expect my post to be small and reason-light; I'll elaborate only if I feel the need to; If there is nothing there, then it is due to associations with other reads.

See I'm going to have to go back to Battle for Olympus to look at your Day 1 posting there and see if it lines up with this post.

I'll be very curious how your reads list changes day to day since basically all your 'scum' are driven off your Town reads (which I don't see as very accurate ATM).

But please elaborate on you Sun and Moon Town read when they have posted nothing as far as content goes and both heads (Amrun and CSL) are active elsewhere on site.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Sun and Moon
Sun and Moon
Townie
Sun and Moon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Sun and Moon »

In post 1040, MagnaofIllusion wrote:But please elaborate on you Sun and Moon Town read when they have posted nothing as far as content goes and both heads (Amrun and CSL) are active elsewhere on site.

I am working on this... This game was supposed to be CSL's responsibility. He keeps saying he's read the game but then when I say, "Awesome! Please post!" I find that no post has been made...

Even though this game is on my #1 to do list I haven't got there yet. I'm pretty sick and it's hard to concentrate on long texts (like this game) and all my concentration has been going to schoolwork first. I spent the weekend v/la out of illness but the illness hasn't gone away (and in fact I've been sick for a month and it's a legitimate problem).

But I have some time set aside tonight. I've started working on this already. I've vowed to do it, and I will.

I will probably always feel guilty about this game. :(

But ooba probably IS town for his posting in general today and his putting us on the townlist when there is no real reason to put us there.

Feysal is the sk, but lynching the sk today is lazy. We need scum, not sk.

-Amrun
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:44 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

In post 1039, Gut wrote:I'm aware he's probably site-flaked. I just find it interesting none of the people on his wagon mentioned it.

I ignore posting frequency when I make votes unless I specifically see them posting elsewhere and not here. Makes things simpler.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Furcolow »

Whichever Seraph gives me the best powers will win me over for their side :)
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Herodotus »

In post 1028, VitaminR wrote:But anyway.
In post 1023, Herodotus wrote:I haven't said that everything you say is scummy. Most of your posts don't give me any indication of your alignment and I haven't mentioned them. Please explain why you would claim this.

I just get the impression that, since you've declared suspicion of me, you've been trying to pick apart my posts/behaviour more than is really reasonable (e.g. my response to CES, my stance towards Feysal). But that's just my feeling about it.

That's what mafia is about?

In post 1028, VitaminR wrote:
In post 1023, Herodotus wrote:Where did I call you guaranteed scum on the basis of how little you've posted? You're putting words into my posts. I did comment on your lack of expressed reads, but that was after I voted you or used the phrase "guaranteed scum", and that's different from a lurking accusation.

That's not what I meant. I meant that just considering how little I've posted I find it hard to believe that you can think I'm guaranteed scum.

Okay, I see what you mean. But I disagree with the general idea that it takes a lot of posts to read someone. And you seem to be arguing here that you haven't posted enough to be scummy enough*; I don't like that either.
* for some value of the word enough

In post 1028, VitaminR wrote:
In post 1023, Herodotus wrote:I'm not concerned about any condescension in your first question, but it's a misleading question because it asks me to assume I'm wrong. On the second question, I feel like you're trying to undermine my argument by attacking my scumhunting record. When I replace into games, I typically have accurate reads, so yes, I'm confident. Sometimes I develop inaccurate reads, but I'm open to changing them if there is a reason.

I'm not trying to undermine you. I just want an example of where you were wrong about such an apparently strong read from the get-go, so I can evaluate your attack in a larger context. This is purely to help me establish a read on you. If you're worried about looking like a bad scumhunter, you can give me a bunch of examples where you were right to offset it.

I'll give you a game that includes both. In Mini 815, I joined on page 6, and using only pages 1-5 decided that two players were scum. One was, and the other wasn't. My first content post was this one, about the non-scum one (I wasn't voting because of game mechanics). The best example of my confidence on those reads was this response after Papa Zito, one of my town reads, joined me on the scum wagon on page 8. You may want to continue reading on page 9.

If your point is to study my playstyle and see whether I often express confidence in my reads when I'm town, the answer is yes, and I can provide evidence of that. Whether those reads are correct or incorrect wouldn't affect my behaviour, as I would hold the same belief either way.

I look forward to future Sun and Moon content.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Will-o-wisp »

So ya. Mist hasn't really been active. I'll remain as a hydra so she can hopefully come back but I am guessing applying to colleges got the best of her. :|

Reads tonight.

I have a massive amount of games to catch up in.

Ooba is oozing town in my opinion. Please continue. :P

- Oversoul
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Gut »

I'm tempted to suggest Feysal shoot Furcolow overnight.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Honestly
I'm really sorry/embarassed by my place so far.
I'm just really really bad at getting back when behind.
THis will be last post like this though.
-----------
but contentwise
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... 5&sr=posts
THERE
I think that's better than my previous fail
and kanye was BIG SUSPECT or sometihng

Unvote, Vote Kanye
FLASH OF GREEN
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Gut »

What's that search supposed to show? That he was posting elsewhere during N2?

Actually, now that I think about some more, the fact that he appears to have been forgotten about this game during the extended night phase suggests he wasn't talking in a qt.

Yeah, today's lynch should be VitR.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

wait fuck
it's october now
I saw monday and thought that was yesterday >.>