4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:33 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

wrong. you are town. ace has been indirectly nudging you to mislynch me.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Amrun »

Junpei, scum can't buddy each other?

I was v/la and need to catch up on this thread.

I want to comment that sottyrulez is a really weird scumkill because several people suspected them. It's just... strange. I want to note their suspicions for possible threatkills. (This is a note to myself for to-do-list for this game.) Off of the top of my head, I recall the supposed 1v1 with Crab Canon, but there is no way CC-scum would do something so obvious and stupid. Also CC is town.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 626, Amrun wrote:Junpei, scum can't buddy each other?

I was v/la and need to catch up on this thread.

I want to comment that sottyrulez is a really weird scumkill because several people suspected them. It's just... strange. I want to note their suspicions for possible threatkills. (This is a note to myself for to-do-list for this game.) Off of the top of my head, I recall the supposed 1v1 with Crab Canon, but there is no way CC-scum would do something so obvious and stupid. Also CC is town.

I've always thought of buddying as being nice or otherwise siding with someone for the purpose of gaining town cred with them. I don't know why scum would try to get town cred from their buddy.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:44 am

Post by saulres »

In post 626, Amrun wrote:CC is town

Why? CC has gone up on my scumdar due to sotty's flip, I just haven't had time to review his ISO.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:48 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

^good move your are learning, much better than the start of the game.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 628, saulres wrote:
In post 626, Amrun wrote:CC is town

Why? CC has gone up on my scumdar due to sotty's flip, I just haven't had time to review his ISO.

I said it in a lot more detail before, but they had no reason to push Vi as town and they did anyway.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 625, 4nxi3ty wrote:wrong. you are town. ace has been indirectly nudging you to mislynch me.

I see how he is pushing for your lynch, but now how it directly attempts to get my vote. Unless you're actually talking about this...

ace5993 wrote:
In post 614, 4nxi3ty wrote:did you completely forget about it or was it not that important. And by the way i don't need to justify myself since i was right about spring and sotty.

/headdesk

Are you seriously going to "plead the fifth" again?

You're arguing that this is buddying because he asks you if you are seriously going to plead the fifth (which by the way, is used more often by guilty parties, and by the way, this isn't the US, and by the way, this excuse does not fly), which I also complained about a long time ago? I see no other relations to me.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 621, Fishythefish wrote:Some people:

ace

I thought ace's play was fine up until his SL vote. About the SL vote, I still think this:
In post 419, Fishythefish wrote:Yeah, I agree with CC about ace. He put up a post saying SL was active lurking, unlike Locke. This to justify a "leaning scum" read. By his logic, lurking instead of active lurking shouldn't have made her more scummy - and she hasn't posted since then. Now he thinks she's scum, and is prepared to switch off a wagon he's supported strongly to vote her. Feels like ace is prepared to massively compromise on the quality of the lynch to increase his chances of saving his own skin.

Then ace unvoted spring, on the basis of the wall post, with no analysis of it. The way he jumps on the wagon when it's got lots of momentum (3 quick votes), and jumps off it again when it stalls,
fits perfectly with scum
driving anything that isn't him. ace is also a great candidate to have killed sotty - I can't see anyone else in the game who would have had any motivation to do so.

Anxiety

@Anxiety: in Post 600 you criticise CC, and you say the reason for doing this is because he was the first to call you scum. Why is him calling you scum a reason to make unrelated points against him? This looks like a very pure form of OMGUS.
The read on SL - "either a VT or possibly third party" - is pretty bad. I just don't see anyone actually having that read on SL - where did it come from, Anxiety? Also, Anxiety now says he doesn't have to justify the read because it was right. This is wrong, and also reveals that Anxiety thinks that he should get towncred from calling a town lynch correctly - which would fit very nicely with
him being scum
calling a flip he already knew.
His latest post is horrible - without any real reason, he paints ace as flailing scum and saul as a defending buddy. This is just flinging mud around.

saulres

Saulres is pretty contentless. There's a lot of stuff that just doesn't seem to be designed to work out who's scum, or give reads. He makes a case on Anxiety, and that's really it for reads until post 275. After that, he thinks (like I did) that sotty came out badly of sotty vs. CC - and says that my post was what he was thinking.
He feels like scum
doing the minimum to get through the game.

G_N_R

I don't see any reason to think he's scum.

@CC: why are you voting G_N_R?
*prints out this post*
*frowns*
*prints out photonegative of this post*
*smiles with relief*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 554, Fishythefish wrote:Ohhhh the timer changes! Clever.

Well, what an exciting votecount. I'll try hard to get some access nearer deadline, but this is probably my last post.
*sniffs post*
*moves away from fishy smell*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 633, Vi wrote:
In post 554, Fishythefish wrote:Ohhhh the timer changes! Clever.

Well, what an exciting votecount. I'll try hard to get some access nearer deadline, but this is probably my last post.
*sniffs post*
*moves away from fishy smell*

Agree with this.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Why? I probably wasn't going to be posting again, and near deadline it's worth saying that so people know what lynches are possible.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yeah, but at the time, you were voting for springlullaby, who is now confirmed town. Most of the progression of that wagon has gems from you like this:

In post 419, Fishythefish wrote:Wow. Springlullaby just gained a 4 vote wagon in just over a page, for lurking. She has been lurking all game. This feels very much like a distraction from either ace or sotty.

Your turnaround to voting SL didn't happen in a way that reads as organic to me.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 635, Fishythefish wrote:Why? I probably wasn't going to be posting again, and near deadline it's worth saying that so people know what lynches are possible.
*tries to find excuse to post*
*finds vote count VERY exciting*
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 636, Amrun wrote:Yeah, but at the time, you were voting for springlullaby, who is now confirmed town. Most of the progression of that wagon has gems from you like this:

In post 419, Fishythefish wrote:Wow. Springlullaby just gained a 4 vote wagon in just over a page, for lurking. She has been lurking all game. This feels very much like a distraction from either ace or sotty.

Your turnaround to voting SL didn't happen in a way that reads as organic to me.

A few points against SL came up which I agreed with - and some of the stuff I disagreed with got better (in particular, the objections to SL's 421 made more sense after Vi's explanation). A read on a lurker is always going to be pretty volatile, since with so few posts any evidence against them is significant. In the end, I objected seriously to ace's vote on and off spring, and thought the wagon had spring up fast, but on the other side of the coin spring was pretty scummy. When you have a conflict like this the decision probably isn't likely to feel "organic" - because really you have to decide between two competing ideas.

@Vi: I don't see why I'd want an excuse to post. I don't see why it's scummy to say you find a votecount exciting. I think it's a good idea to say when you're not going to get back on before deadline.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Shift »

Looks like my scumdar's broken and needs a tuneup.

Haven't been taking a close look at Vi because of his post restriction, probably town but I'll have to make sure. Suspicion of his neighbor smells town.

Fish is more than likely town, as is Ace.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 639, Shift wrote:

Fish is more than likely town, as is Ace.

Why?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote Count 2.2

4nxi3ty (L-3) - ace5993, saulres, Junpei
Guy_Named_Riggs (L-4) - Vi, Crab Canon
Saulres (L-5) - 4nxi3ty

Not Voting (5) - Locke Lamora, Shift, Fishythefish, Amrun, Guy_Named_Riggs

Deadline: Sunday October 16 @ 2:00 PM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2011-10-16 14:00:00)
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:10 am

Post by Vi »

In post 638, Fishythefish wrote:@Vi: I don't see why I'd want an excuse to post. I don't see why it's scummy to say you find a votecount exciting.
*prints out post*
*raps post with back of hand*
*listens to hollow echo*

is V/LA today
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:03 am

Post by Crab Canon »

VP is still not quite up to full activity and we are still trying to discuss some things that occurred in his absence. But I am still 100% on board for an ace or Junpei lynch. GNR would probably be my third choice though. I am going to go ahead and

Unvote, Vote: Ace

I told VP in our QT he can switch it back if he feels so inclined but I really feel strongly that scum is in Junpei/Ace (maybe even both although their "closeness in the openness" kinda makes me think maybe not both). GNR is useless for sure and some of my suspicion toward him was tied to Sotty. Also, the fact that Vi, who I have a town read on for the most part, is pushing him makes me interested to know more about their interactions outside of thread.

@Vi - when you get back tomorrow, can you please let us know if GNR is doing something outside of thread that makes you certain he is scum? Yesterday you seemed to be pushing spring on the idea that she and GNR were scum together. I did not get the impression it was the opposite.

I know there is more to address but I have to go to work. I have left some notes for VP in the QT so hopefully he can get online today and be more active. I'm off to work.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

^ i am 100% confused about this.
In post 489, Crab Canon wrote:I might consider a saulres wagon but it's awful late to start that up.

would either of you be willing to lynch saulres today?
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:47 am

Post by ace5993 »

Vi feels pretty strongly that we should lynch GNR:

Vi wrote:I thought VP Baltar (Crab Canon)'s post was kind of odd, and then I looked back and saw that Riggs left something off of his copy/paste. Here's the first part of the post.

All right. Time for you to prove yourself.

---

I want you to out yourself as Penn Jilette in your next post and quote this entire post on my behalf, with no editions. You don't get to ask why and you don't get to object. This is, bar nothing, the most pro-Town thing you can do at this point. If you post anywhere on site and do not post this, I will treat it as a scum claim and act accordingly.

Let's just get everything cleared up, since I'd hate to see springlullaby walk free Today. (...)

So that should answer some questions - I didn't exactly give Riggs a choice but to come forward.

Riggs is on the chopping block because he has been completely useless inthread and a deer in the headlights in the QT. I've looked at some other games and quite frankly I can't justify a legitimate confused Town read on him in favor of a newbscum read.

Vi wrote:Riggs is playing one or two other games as well. There is ~content~. Cue surprise.

There is actually one big thing in the QT that sets off alarms, aside from his continued ignorance of my constant pleas for him to say something, anything that looks like scumhunting. With that said, I'd like to keep that to myself for right now.

That's the main gist of it.
Unvote, Vote: Guy_Named_Riggs
, and I'm interested to hear his defense to this.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:58 am

Post by saulres »

:eek:

Where did you get that from?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Fishythefish »

So ace is also in the neighbourhood?

@Vi: please make a post in the QT explaining what you don't like about G_N_R in there, and have it relayed here?
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 am

Post by ace5993 »

A different neighborhood, I neighborized Vi last night for obvious reasons. Explaining exactly what GNR has been doing in his QT will not be possible at this time.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Ah, ok.

In that case, I think that Vi should make a post in the G_N_R QT saying exactly what she doesn't like about him there - it seems important to her case on him. If G_N_R doesn't relay it, we lynch him.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”