scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:18 am

Post by scooby »

In post 1421, scooby wrote:
In post 1418, Lord Gurgi wrote:Zeek: Stop goddamn fishing, you twat.

scooby: It's when you attack someone to defend a third party. You apparently don't believe that EK is capable of defending herself and are attacking IS to help her.

How am I attacking IS if he is by far one of my scum reads?

So when I think someone is town, should I stfu?

I guess I should clarify. I don't think IS is scum.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:18 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

also I'm assuming that I moved closer to scum on e_k's alignment chart because I put forth the idea that she and IS could be scum together? e_k being scum could explain why DGB didn't want to be her girlfriend per the omelette fiasco

lulz

actually, DGB, why haven't you told us more about your omelettes? who ended up being your live-in boyfriend and sperm donor?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 1426, Untrod Tripod wrote:also I'm assuming that I moved closer to scum on e_k's alignment chart because I put forth the idea that she and IS could be scum together? e_k being scum could explain why DGB didn't want to be her girlfriend per the omelette fiasco

lulz

actually, DGB, why haven't you told us more about your omelettes? who ended up being your live-in boyfriend and sperm donor?

I still have you under town though.

I guess I don't understand why you suddenly are thinking I'm scum, which is confusing to me. I find the EK-IS scumbuddies theory to be terribad (and since I say that probably only reinforces it oh no). But I'm willing to let it slide if you will just fucking vote IS with me now. If you think me and IS are both scum, then you think IS is scum, so let's lynch him.

I really don't understand why people think I'm scum at this point. It seems to be:
1)She's a Foley, she claimed scum. (Which assumes shaft.ed's a derp and made the game breakable).
or
2)Her relationship with neutral treestump DGB still worries us!!!!!!
or
3)She's probably buddies with Umbrage or IS, the two people who have tried hardest to lynch her all game!!!!!!1111eleven

I'm sorry... but all those reasons are horrible, and have nothing to do with my actual play this game. It's all flavor BS, or outguessing the mod, or speculation on roles and night actions that we don't understand.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 1425, scooby wrote:
I guess I should clarify. I don't think IS is scum.

He really is though.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:32 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Also, in case you guys aren't doing your research, Poro just claimed to be the head crusher...

Wiki wrote:
Mr. Tyzik (McKinney) is a lonely man who despises virtually everyone
, especially those he considers businessmen and trendy people. He calls them "flatheads" because in his mind, their heads deserve to be crushed. He is more than willing to help by pretending to crush their heads from a distance with his fingers, using forced perspective, while enthusiastically declaring "I'm crushing your head! I'm crushing your head!" in a high-pitched nasal voice with a slight eastern European accent, followed by making a crushing noise. In his own words: "Not everyone deserves to have their head crushed, just 99.99999% of them."
It is suggested that the headcrushing is not necessarily all in his head
, in one sketch, where he is able to quickly determine that the heads of two people passing by have already been crushed by a "facepincher", with whom he proceeds to have a duel.

How does that sound pro-town?
Tigers ate my signature.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yeah, let's just lynch on flavor alone. I'm sure that will work.
Talk nerdy to me.

scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:47 am

Post by scooby »

In post 1024, ZeekLTK wrote:
However, I'd like to quote a passage from the link that came up:

Chicken Lady Page wrote:The first fully featured sketch featuring the Chicken Lady centered on her blind date with an unsuspecting young man (played by Dave Foley) who comes to meet her at her apartment. Although clearly repulsed by her appearance and mannerisms, he is initially compelled to stay. However he finally flees in horror when she feeds him an omelette made from an egg she herself laid.

However he finally flees in horror when she feeds him an omelette made from an egg she herself laid.

FLEES IN HORROR - how, exactly, does that sound good for the town again?

In post 0, shaft.ed wrote:

DrippingGoofball, Chicken Lady,
Boyfriend Seeker,
Unaligned Character,
won Night 3
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

although it's possibru to get from that entry if DGB offered an omelette to a Foley it would not work

hm
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:00 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Looking for 2 FLF (lynched Umbrage and MistBeauty)
Looking for 1 DFSB (possibly nightkilled MedicatedLain)

Untrod Tripod--probably not DFSB, because he put the nail in Umbrage's coffin

Probably FLF:
Porochaz--probably not DFSB--wanted Umbrage dead D1 and D2, like Lain, stayed on him all day.
Internet Stranger--less likely DFSB, likely FLF

Possible FLF:
elvis_knits--less likely DFSB, as she CLAIMED being a Dave and had a slapfight with Umbrage. She DID protect Umbrage until Sept 8th but meh. For her to be FLF probably requires that she botched a fakeclaim

Who knows:
scooby--Mississippi Gary, probably not DFSB, wanted Umbrage dead early D2. Sounds townish in his repeated, strident defense of IS. That play would be so risky as scumpartners, and doesn't sound like cross-faction scum sniffing at IS. But gave a terrible reason why IS is town ("MB vote on IS doesnt look like a bus") and made the possible scumslip: "How am I attacking IS if he is by far one of my scum reads?"
evilpacman18 Mysterio--the Cops, has a mildly townish tone despite not really giving the game any effort.

Probably town:
ZeekLTK imaginality--did not want vollkan hammered, is probably about to confirm Baltar as town (beware possible Zeek-Baltar scumteam in that event)
VP Baltar--probably not DFSB, because he put the nail in Umbrage's coffin, probably about to be "confirmed town" by Zeek
Lord Gurgi--the spectacularly gay Paul Bellini, Role Doubler, sounds like a town role.
MrBuddyLee--white as the driven snow

Lain posted this early D2:
Umbrage - I will make a more complete post on this later.... But yesterday's play felt so terrible, especially with the swinging on and off ideas about pops, no clear idea of what to do... felt very scummy. Today's pushing for more information on the omelettes in particular, has just thrown my scumdar through the roof.

Looks like scum with a night result on Umbrage. Stayed on Umbrage all D2. Note to self: look for other players overly sure about Umbrage all day D2.

She also posted:
porochaz - well, for now poro is leaning town, with the heavy case against umbrage, but sometimes the posts give me a funny feeling.

Which feels like scum trying to have it both ways on a scumpartner.

She also posted of imaginality/Mysterio:
His list of scum reads and town reads were completely opposite mine

which doesn't really sound to me like the kind of case scum makes on a scumpartner. I could be wrong.

Lain said one death is Gavin-flavored, and probably the "serial killer" kills:
Two deaths one night, One death night two. I did some thinking about this. Gavin flavored death both nights, no flavor for one kill on night one. Unless we have a heavy amount of protecting/blocking roles, it seems unlikely that we have any more than two anti town killing parties. The fact that one is Gavin flavored, leads me to believe that he is a serial killer. Assuming this is correct, then we have one scum team, and one serial killer.

Is her FLF responsible for the Gavin "serial killer" kills?

Lain uses me as an excuse to vote vollkan over IS:
Main reason I chose vollkan over IS: MBL already made the point in #824.

She further justifies:
IS seems unlikely as a scummate to umbrage, and the play style doesn't ring serial killer, and there is logic in what he says... so it just doesn't seem likely...

Lain probably not partners with EK:
I thought EK was super town earlier, but today, she is so fixated on IS, and it came after attacking vollkan once (#804/806)... it seemed so sudden, to change opinion

Sounds like scum thinking EK is DFSB with some kind of result on FLF IS.

Lain on MB:
I had a strong scum suspicion that she was trying to steer me away from (N3), and suggested another kill.

Lurconis is who I wanted to kill last night, whom she would not agree to kill. Yet now she is voting him.

Lurconis was totally the FLF kill last night.

IS's passion for killing Dave Foleys regardless of the illogical Elvis Daveclaim, plus Lain's protection of IS, makes IS a likely candidate for FLF.

IS tried to paint DGB as dirty for her buddying to Porochaz:
You completely ignored my very awesome points of your buddying to Mr White Knight, Poro.

Poro on IS:
Poro, Sept 21 wrote:Well personally, I feel despite the DGB/IS/Elvis triangle, all three are major assets to town.

Poro, Oct 3 wrote:I would much rather lynch IS or Zeek here.

No comment on IS in between.

I'm not 100% sold on the Poro-IS connection but this is the best I can do right now. Need to think more about how the nightkills and lack of certain nightkills factor into the picture.
Poro vs Umbrage, looks... either silly and fake or egotastic
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:52 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

"gay Paul Bellini" ..... I didn't know he was gay. LG, did you have any interactions with Lurconis you'd like to tell us about?
Tigers ate my signature.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Porochaz »

Things can change in 300 posts and 6 reveals on including an extra scum team.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

this is exactly the sort of reason why I had an averse reaction to MBL calling the shots earlier today
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Zeek: Uh, no? I'm not aware of anything. I don't get results, or whatever.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

In post 1436, Untrod Tripod wrote:this is exactly the sort of reason why I had an averse reaction to MBL calling the shots earlier today

No shit, he is clearly trying to frame the rest of the game right now. Thats usually what White Knight scumbags tend to do.

First off, he got most of the town to reveal their roles when I expressively protested against it. You all just fed scum a shitton of information. They know whats going on a hell of a lot better than we do. Youre essentially giving them a kill list. Something that may sound innocent to us may sound fucking alarming to them.

Notice how the scum hold back information? DBG doesnt answer shit about her eggs. She isnt mafia affiliated, but shes her won team, so fuck the rest of us, right? But clowns still treat her as if he was the fucking Virgin Mary. She clucks and has feathers up in her ass, she isnt virginal. Her and her eggs are out for themselves. She could give us crucial info, like if her eggs work on Foley-scum or not. But she doesnt give a fuck, so screw the rest of us trying to catch scum here.

One thing that may sway me away from Elvis is what Zeek pointed out. Poro is the fucking head crusher?!? Sounds like an SK to me! The only problem I have with that is that none of the kill flavors involved a crushed head and the number of kills were 2,1,0,3

The head crusher isnt a Foley either, so is Poro with the FLF?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:08 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

1. ZeekLTK imaginality
2. evilpacman18 Mysterio

3. Internet Stranger
4. elvis_knits

5. Porochaz

6. scooby

7. Untrod Tripod

8. VP Baltar
9. Lord Gurgi

10. MrBuddyLee

Claim, claim. Don't give your power role or whatever, just the character name. Baltar, your turn. Zeek seems to think he can confirm you as town.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:09 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Tripod, what specifically don't you like about my last post?

Also, do you feel this nameclaiming process has hurt town? Why?

I can confirm with like 99% certainty that Gurgi is telling the truth about his rolename and actual role. For multiple reasons.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:40 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

I am less certain about VP now, but I'd still like to hear from him before I say anything.
Tigers ate my signature.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:51 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

In post 1438, Internet Stranger wrote:No shit, he is clearly trying to frame the rest of the game right now. Thats usually what White Knight scumbags tend to do.

First off, he got most of the town to reveal their roles when I expressively protested against it. You all just fed scum a shitton of information. They know whats going on a hell of a lot better than we do. Youre essentially giving them a kill list.
Something that may sound innocent to us may sound fucking alarming to them.

Possible. I think we may be able to narrow scum down to our benefit more than they can narrow us down via this nameclaim. They're probably paranoid about fakeclaiming rolenames, so they're giving us their real rolenames, and at the very least, you're using that information to drive your current vote on e_k. It's a bit silly of you (or scummy) to use rolenames as the reason for your vote and then to fight the further reveal of rolenames. Is it only "Daves" that you're looking for, IS, and not "FLFs"?

I'm using my role. At the very least, I'm convinced that Gurgi's not a Foley.

pacman claimed "The Cops" five days before I asked for a character massclaim. scooby had already claimed "Mississippi Gary".

Since then, I've claimed Cathy and Kathy (not a Foley), e_k claimed Just a Guy (a Foley), UT claimed Kevin (the non-Foley brother), Gurgi claimed Paul Bellini (not a Foley), Poro claimed Headcrusher (not a Foley).

Zeek, IS and Baltar have yet to claim. Zeek said he could clear one of {Poro, UT, Baltar} as town with a nameclaim, and Baltar's the only one who hasn't gone yet, so I assume Zeek thinks he can clear Baltar when Baltar claims his rolename. Then Zeek owes us a claim, and then IS can give us all the finger.

There's a reason why DFSB and FLF aren't explicitly spelled out for us.. because they're clues. It's way too convenient that DFSB scumteam matches up to the
only
players out of 20 with Dave Foley roles. The only thing I can think about for FLF is French (but then why would only one trapper be on that team) or "Fag" (but Running Faggot wasn't mafia) or something else related to Foley. Foley Loving Fags? Meh.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 1440, MrBuddyLee wrote:I can confirm with like 99% certainty that Gurgi is telling the truth about his rolename and actual role. For multiple reasons.

I am going to need these details to be convinced Gurgi isn't scum.

However, my first priority is lynching IS.

You seem to agree that he is scum. Let's lynch him.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:03 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 1441, ZeekLTK wrote:
I am less certain about VP now, but I'd still like to hear from him before I say anything.

You were supposed to claim first. If you end up claiming last and then can't confirm anybody, I'll be thirsty for your blood. FYI.
Talk nerdy to me.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:07 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

It would be a good thing if Zeek lied about his role. Then we'd have a solid reason to lynch him. Right now, I'm guessing he's town.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Well, once VP claims I will reveal not only my name but my role as well and explain why I thought it would be able to confirm one of them, and why I am doubting that now
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:17 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

I can safely say that I cannot confirm UT or Poro based on their claims though (and also I don't believe UT's claim at all FWIW)
Tigers ate my signature.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

MBL, you give me shit about wanting to lynch a Foley, but you have no opinion of Broken Record Elvis Foley over there regurgitating the same lame, no case, biased, opinionated bullshit in every post? Two Foleys came up as scum already and you dont seem to have any other ones out there. Walks like a duck, right?

Why do you need to out everyone NOW? Why not tomorrow? You have conveniently not answered that question yet. Youre trying to White Knight lead the town MBL, thats not trustworthy. Scum have already all sorts of information and you were the mastermind behind it. Are you the mastermind trying to manipulate the game into a scum victory now?

With two Foleys dead it makes sense to me that the DF in DFSB is Dave Foley, I cant imagine anyone refuting that. Elvis claimed a Foley, why, I dont know. Maybe you fucked up and is trying to cover it up with incessant shouting for my blood. Maybe she didnt get a fakeclaim. Maybe she panicked and though someone out there knew roles, but not alignments.

None of it matters. Think about this, is Elvis going to live until the end game? Is she going to be allowed to survive until the end knowing shes a fucking Foley?

If I knew what the hell FLF's were, I would know where to look. You actually have pretty good guesses, but im sure we can narrow that shit down real quick with a second flip, like we have with the DFSB. I can still only catch one scum at a time regardless. If Elvis flips Foley scum (extremely likely) thats one less kill we have to deal with at night as well. I rather take the sure shot rather than guessing who could be in the FLF.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hey IS, why don't you give us your reads on the living players.
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”