mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:05 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 1272, Nocmen wrote:I've been thinking about it more.

I still don't trust myko, especially with the Fate flip.

It just makes that much more sense for scum to agree with a fake mason claim than town.

And then you add it to new vote jumps like that right above, and now I feel even more suspicion.

Guy, I had seen it three times as a mod that Fate did it as town. And I was at L-2.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:33 am

Post by TheJakalope »

Lol @ anyone thinking I'm scum. Especially with Dram. wat.

My vote on Dram stays though.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Banshee »

I'm going to float a theory, and those with more experience with Fate can tell me how likely they think it is.

We know now that Fate was a governor. That means he did not have to claim mason buddies with Mykonian in order to save Myko's life. He could have simply overruled the lynch if he felt it was a bad lynch, which in fact he did for Bunnylover. He had two options (three, if you count ignoring the lynch and just letting it happen). In one case, he chose claiming mason buddies; in the other, he chose governor.

Well, obviously he couldn't claim mason buddies with Bunnylover, so that's one explanation of sorts. But I'm wondering if Fate had another plan in mind.

If Fate thought Mykonian was scum, then he might have claimed mason with Mykonian knowing that Mykonian knew his meta and, even as town, would not reject this claim. It would be a safe move for Fate and might keep him alive longer, since scum would be reluctant to kill him and thus open up Mykonian to question about the mason claim.

SO, if Fate tried to claim mason with Myko because he thought Myko was scum in lieu of using the governor pardon on him, then I don't think Myko would have allowed him to be killed and to confirm that. Fate had shown no signs of backing down from his mason claim or of attacking Myko. So why would Myko-scum allow his security to be killed?

My answer is, he wouldn't. So, if Mykonian is scum, you have to believe that Fate was more dangerous to him alive than dead. That means that Fate was zeroing in on something. If this is the theory being floated by those on the Myko-is-scum lynching committee, I want some evidence of what Fate was on to that made Mykonian so nervous he was willing to kill his alibi. Without that, there's no smoking gun to lynch Myko.

Mykonian is not confirmed town. There are no confirmed townies, not me, not Bunnylover, not Myko, no one. But Myko is not the most likely scum and he's surely not the lynch for today.

Corrections on my logic are requested and welcome.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 am

Post by mykonian »

Logic, logic. Read my posts, see what I've done, and tell me what role I have. There is no case on me, there never has been one. But people keep saying I'm scum and putting me halfway on the list. It's keeping someone as a possible lynch, nothing more. Apart from that wagon that made Fate claim, town hasn't been so damn bandwagonny to lynch a person with no case at all.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 am

Post by mykonian »

Logic, logic. Read my posts, see what I've done, and tell me what role I have. There is no case on me, there never has been one. But people keep saying I'm scum and putting me halfway on the list. It's keeping someone as a possible lynch, nothing more. Apart from that wagon that made Fate claim, town hasn't been so damn bandwagonny to lynch a person with no case at all.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Banshee »

In post 1254, chkflip wrote:To attempt to confirm himself as town. You guys ate it up as a derp-Fate moment and now he rides free.

See also: Myko's greatest adversary, xRECKx, dead N2. Not a coincidence.

No, this constitutes a case. It's just craplogic in my opinion, because Fate's death does not confirm anyone as town and in fact would be the one thing I would think a scum-Myko would want to avoid. Even if Fate DID "faux-mason" Myko due to thinking he was scum and to save his life, Fate wasn't closing in on anyone that I can see and there was zero reason for Myko-scum to want him dead.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Nocmen »

What about the previous cases myko? The ones that I only dropped early on you because of Fate's mason claim?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 1277, Banshee wrote:I'm going to float a theory, and those with more experience with Fate can tell me how likely they think it is.

We know now that Fate was a governor. That means he did not have to claim mason buddies with Mykonian in order to save Myko's life. He could have simply overruled the lynch if he felt it was a bad lynch, which in fact he did for Bunnylover. He had two options (three, if you count ignoring the lynch and just letting it happen). In one case, he chose claiming mason buddies; in the other, he chose governor.

Well, obviously he couldn't claim mason buddies with Bunnylover, so that's one explanation of sorts. But I'm wondering if Fate had another plan in mind.

If Fate thought Mykonian was scum, then he might have claimed mason with Mykonian knowing that Mykonian knew his meta and, even as town, would not reject this claim. It would be a safe move for Fate and might keep him alive longer, since scum would be reluctant to kill him and thus open up Mykonian to question about the mason claim.

SO, if Fate tried to claim mason with Myko because he thought Myko was scum in lieu of using the governor pardon on him, then I don't think Myko would have allowed him to be killed and to confirm that. Fate had shown no signs of backing down from his mason claim or of attacking Myko. So why would Myko-scum allow his security to be killed?

My answer is, he wouldn't. So, if Mykonian is scum, you have to believe that Fate was more dangerous to him alive than dead. That means that Fate was zeroing in on something. If this is the theory being floated by those on the Myko-is-scum lynching committee, I want some evidence of what Fate was on to that made Mykonian so nervous he was willing to kill his alibi. Without that, there's no smoking gun to lynch Myko.

Mykonian is not confirmed town. There are no confirmed townies, not me, not Bunnylover, not Myko, no one. But Myko is not the most likely scum and he's surely not the lynch for today.

Corrections on my logic are requested and welcome.

This makes absolutely no sense. If Fate thought Mykonian was scum, why put out a random mason claim gambit that saved Myk from being lynched? If Fate thought Myk was scum, the best option was to let the lynch go through. It is obvious that Fate thought Myk was town, that's not even something that should be under debate.
Permanent V/LA.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Banshee »

If Fate thought Myko was 100% town, MoS, why wouldn't he have just used his governor power on him?

Why go through the mason claim if he didn't have to? I think it's about 50/50 that Fate was trying to avoid being killed right away (does that happen a lot?) or that he thought Myko was town. I don't think it's beyond the pale that Fate would try to link himself to a scum in order to stay in the game longer. He's willing to gambit claim mason with people who may not even be town; why is my theory so much stranger than that anyway?

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just saying that I thought about it as a possibility but then had to discard it as irrelevant when I realised that scum-Myko would never have killed town-Fate this early given the circumstances. So it honestly doesn't matter what Fate thought in any case and I'm sure he'll tell us after the game. It only matters that Myko is probably not scum because scum-Myko would have kept town-Fate alive longer imo.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Fate wouldn't want to waste his governor ability when he felt he could gambit to keep Myk alive.
Permanent V/LA.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Banshee »

In post 1284, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Fate wouldn't want to waste his governor ability when he felt he could gambit to keep Myk alive.

Hmmm. How would it be wasting it? He could use it once per day, yes? (I see no indication otherwise.)

Anyway I think we agree about Myko so the actual logistics of why Fate did what he did don't matter right now. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it except that I started from the premise that Myko was scum and arrived at the conclusion that he probably wasn't, and that was part of my process to get there. I don't suppose it's relevant anyway.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Uhh...have you ever played with a governor before, Banshee? The ability to stop a lynch EVERY day is ridiculously broken and puts the entire game in the hands of a single player. This isn't Kingmaker or Consulmaker, this is a basic theme game. At best he might have had two shots, but I'm guessing the ability could only be used once.
Permanent V/LA.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Out of V/LA.

Personally, I think Mastermind of Sin is winning his argument against Banshee, but I still hold to my The Jakalope vote and I can see dramonic-scum too.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

In post 1274, Banshee wrote:
@Bunnylover:

Why did you choose to investigate Dramonic when you did?

No real reason.
I like playing in Drams games was the only reason I targeted him.
It was kinda a random pick, his name and xReckx name stood out to me on who should be picked.

In post 1284, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Fate wouldn't want to waste his governor ability when he felt he could gambit to keep Myk alive.

I agree with this on what Bansheee is saying.

I won't be voting Dram, not when I have an innocent on him and there should be more scum afoot.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Nocmen »

In post 1276, TheJakalope wrote:Lol @ anyone thinking I'm scum. Especially with Dram. wat.

Give me a reason I shouldn't think you're scum
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by TheJakalope »

In post 1289, Nocmen wrote:
In post 1276, TheJakalope wrote:Lol @ anyone thinking I'm scum. Especially with Dram. wat.

I'm not scum.

Bunny, investigate me tonight.

inb4 godfather/SK
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by mykonian »

vote MoS

I mean, what did he add in those last posts? "kat would you trust fate after that and that?" and three theory posts. He's avoiding to post reads. And with scooby's history, MoS is just scum.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Banshee »

In post 1286, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Uhh...have you ever played with a governor before, Banshee? The ability to stop a lynch EVERY day is ridiculously broken and puts the entire game in the hands of a single player. This isn't Kingmaker or Consulmaker, this is a basic theme game. At best he might have had two shots, but I'm guessing the ability could only be used once.

No, I've never played with a governor before. I would think if he was X-shot it would have said so, however.

I don't understand the case against Scooby/MoS. My suspicions remain with TheJakalope and Dramonic; I'm not really happy with Nocmen either. My only strong townreads are MoS and Mykonian and Myko's townread is situational based on events surrounding the lynch of Fate.

I'm not moving my vote yet because there's lots of time but if needed I'm willing to support a Jakalope lynch, but not an MoS or Myko one.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:19 am

Post by mykonian »

Banshee, the case at where I voted for is that MoS hasn't given any reads and fill his posts with theory in stead of scumhunting. It's a way to look active and do little.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Banshee »

I think that's true of most people in this game, though. I haven't seen a lot of real cases, real stands or real deduction thus far; I don't see why we need to single out MoS for this.

What's your take on Bunnylover currently, Myko? Still likely scum?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:31 am

Post by mykonian »

I single him out for doing stuff which scum does, avoiding having to do what town does. There are enough people not doing what town does, so MS gets a step higher then them on the scumlist.

Top side of neutral. Fate must have protected him for a reason I cannot understand, but I have enough fate in Fate to leave him alive.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:59 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 1290, TheJakalope wrote:
In post 1289, Nocmen wrote:

I'm not scum.

Bunny, investigate me tonight.

inb4 godfather/SK

*whistles, pretending not to take notice of this post*
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by mykonian »

godfather/sk, thejak?

Townies don't want to be investigated :)
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:25 pm

In post 1291, mykonian wrote:
vote MoS

I mean, what did he add in those last posts? "kat would you trust fate after that and that?" and three theory posts. He's avoiding to post reads. And with scooby's history, MoS is just scum.

LMAO, are you so dense that you require people to make fucking lists for you to realize they're posting reads?

I've already defended you and attacked chkflip. I clearly have no interest in the Jakwagon.

Read between the lines, dumbass.
Permanent V/LA.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Porochaz »

bump
Last edited by Porochaz on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”