Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Junpei »

I fail to see how you can turn down my request as rolefishing. What I believe is the leading wagon is largely based off of what Vi says is going on in a QT only her and the wagoned have access to. I know Vi has a reputation as a great player, but I am not so bold as to throw my faith to her. This whole business seems suspicious to me, and you could at least be more specific in terms of scumhunting and reasons. You don't need to go, "he said <insert exact quote here>". Rather I would appreciate a more detailed paraphrase of what happened.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote Count 2.3

Guy_Named_Riggs (L-4) – Vi, ace5993
4nxi3ty (L-5) - Junpei
Saulres (L-5) - 4nxi3ty
ace5993 (L-5) - Crab Canon

Not Voting (6) - Locke Lamora, Shift, Fishythefish, Amrun, Guy_Named_Riggs, saulres

Deadline: Sunday October 16 @ 2:00 PM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2011-10-16 14:00:00)

Guy_Named_Riggs has been prodded.
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

In post 645, ace5993 wrote:Vi feels pretty strongly that we should lynch GNR:

Vi wrote:I thought VP Baltar (Crab Canon)'s post was kind of odd, and then I looked back and saw that Riggs left something off of his copy/paste. Here's the first part of the post.

All right. Time for you to prove yourself.

---

I want you to out yourself as Penn Jilette in your next post and quote this entire post on my behalf, with no editions. You don't get to ask why and you don't get to object. This is, bar nothing, the most pro-Town thing you can do at this point. If you post anywhere on site and do not post this, I will treat it as a scum claim and act accordingly.

Let's just get everything cleared up, since I'd hate to see springlullaby walk free Today. (...)

So that should answer some questions - I didn't exactly give Riggs a choice but to come forward.

Riggs is on the chopping block because he has been completely useless inthread and a deer in the headlights in the QT. I've looked at some other games and quite frankly I can't justify a legitimate confused Town read on him in favor of a newbscum read.

Vi wrote:Riggs is playing one or two other games as well. There is ~content~. Cue surprise.

There is actually one big thing in the QT that sets off alarms, aside from his continued ignorance of my constant pleas for him to say something, anything that looks like scumhunting. With that said, I'd like to keep that to myself for right now.

That's the main gist of it.
Unvote, Vote: Guy_Named_Riggs
, and I'm interested to hear his defense to this.

Hmmm interesting. Didn't see that coming. Oh well.

I'll admit it, Ace probably would be better at communicating Vi's posts, but its not entirely my fault. I went back through my QT and I didn't really see anything that said a plea to post it. At that point, I wasn't even sure if we should claim roles.

As for not the not copied and pasted part of the post, I assumed that Vi only wanted her reasons to lynch SL posted and the first part was between us. Had I not misunderstood that bit, I would have gladly posted the rest. Although, it isn't just me that has been ignoring the QT. At the start of the day, Vi voted me. Confused, I asked "Why do you think I'm scum?" I never got an answer. I see now it was because Vi just went to the QT with Ace. I aslo offered to post what she wanted to say, but she didn't take me up on that offer as well it looks like.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Oh. See the prod. Was typing when I recieved it.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by ace5993 »

If there is a town vig they need to claim right now.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 679, ace5993 wrote:If there is a town vig they need to claim right now.

Woa, why would you make that statement?

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 677, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:I went back through my QT and I didn't really see anything that said a plea to post it.

???

What's unclear about:

In post 645, ace5993 wrote:I want you to out yourself as Penn Jilette in your next post and quote this entire post on my behalf,

?

Also, yeah, ace, why are you asking a PR to reveal themselves if there is one? And what's the ugency?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Something's not adding up, just trust me. I can't proceed with anything unless we confirm whether or not there's a vig.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:43 pm

In post 681, saulres wrote:
In post 677, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:I went back through my QT and I didn't really see anything that said a plea to post it.

???

What's unclear about:

In post 645, ace5993 wrote:I want you to out yourself as Penn Jilette in your next post and quote this entire post on my behalf,

I meant other than that one, there was no other plea to post.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 682, ace5993 wrote:Something's not adding up, just trust me. I can't proceed with anything unless we confirm whether or not there's a vig.

I'm having the same issue here that I'm having with Vi's reasoning to lynch Riggs. This is all blind faith. I believe you to be town, but I've been fooled before, and blind faith is blind faith. You can't be anymore specific? I don't want vig outing yet, we have 11 days and you need to provide more reasoning. Like I said to Vi, no need to fold your hand, but a little more information for us to work with would be nice.

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 682, ace5993 wrote:just trust me

That's scum talk.

You want us to trust you, give us a reason. Don't say "do what I want and then I'll explain."
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Blargh, OK, here's the issue. Now that Vi has told me the whole story - Vi's theory on GNR is completely invalid if there is no town vig/serial killer, and in fact it makes GNR absolutely confirmed town and casts
extreme
doubt on Vi's alignment.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Strike that previous response from the record, it actually makes them
both
confirmed town. Vig no longer absolutely has to claim though.

I'm totally and completely confused right now, there are great arguments for either GNR being scum, Vi being scum, or both being town: give me a day to analyze possible scenarios and I'll try to present as much of an argument as I can without any of the "faith-based" stuff.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by saulres »

And here I thought someone translating for Vi would make this thread
easier
to understand :lol:
On permanent
V/LA
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Amrun »

You think I'M not participating, Vi? People have prods out, including your #1 suspect, and I'M not participating?

I don't understand.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Vote: Ace

On top of yesterday's issues, going from having his cast-iron scumtell on Anxiety to sheeping Vi's GNR suspicion simply isn't genuine. Everyone should reread 604 if they don't know what I'm talking about.

Vi: is your GNR case largely based on no content here vs content elsewhere?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Saulres: have you looked at any of GNR's past games?

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm waiting on ace to decide what he can/should say about Vi's theory. Seems kind of critical.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

He's claiming there are 'great arguments' to be made for Vi being scum, GNR being scum and both being town. This theory seems like a recipe for a whole lot of rolefishing.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:51 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 689, Amrun wrote:You think I'M not participating, Vi? People have prods out, including your #1 suspect, and I'M not participating?
*nods*

Amrun 689 wrote:I don't understand.
*does not participate*

Locke Lamora 690 wrote:Vi: is your GNR case largely based on no content here vs content elsewhere?
*wiggles one hand's sides up and down*

*does not vote ace5993*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Amrun »

Vi, I think you're the one not participating. I have NO IDEA what is going on in your mind right now.

GNR's response seems kind of reasonable, and ace's new waffling on "possible scenarios" is extremely unhelpful.

It's left to you to sort out the situation, but instead you wiggle one hand.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Crab Canon »

I don't like this GNR/Vi/ace triangle AT ALL right now. It's a case built out of "just trust us" when 2 of the 3 I explicitly DO NOT TRUST and the other is slowly edging toward the dark side. From what I can gather, Vi is saying that ace is town because he is active and can post her thoughts in thread. And then the rolefishing...oh wait, he is backing off now that half the active players are calling him on it. My vote stands.

In other news, VP is still getting settled in, I haven't heard from him in a couple days (though that is to be expected). Hopefully we will be able to sync up just in time for me to leave on my vacation. :)
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:48 am

Post by saulres »

In post 691, Locke Lamora wrote:Saulres: have you looked at any of GNR's past games?

I've glanced at them. Why?
On permanent
V/LA
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:47 am

Post by ace5993 »

Me and Vi have agreed that putting it out in the open is the best thing to do right now, so...

Vi wrote:Both me and Riggs are 1xBulletproof (Penn and Teller, or more specifically Teller but that doesn't seem to be important to this game, can do a very dangerous bullet catch trick). The very FIRST thing Riggs did (okay, it was his second post, but etc.) was rolefish me for it.

Here are some selected quotes.

Riggs 5:
Hello
what exactly is your post restriction?[/i]

So he evidently doesn't know who Teller is.

Riggs 7:
Also, I know who Teller is, just not a whole lot.
I have a video of like 20 different magic acts, and Penn and Teller did there bullet catching trick.
The host started off reading a letter that went something like,
"Houdini wanted to preform this trick. When others learned of this, they told Houdini to stop, saying they couldn't afford to lose him. When people learned that Penn and Teller wanted to learn this trick, they said 'Go for it.'" :) [/i]

Cute story, but there's one fish.

Vi 17:
Oh right, don't forget - Penn Jillette speaks for both himself and Teller. I suspect that was the intent of this role set. If it becomes a good idea at some time in the future, it's certainly possible for you to claim Penn and claim me as Teller and interpret for me. I don't think that anyone will doubt it, given that the mod is fairly well-known as a P&T fan. [/b]

Riggs 18:
Ah, okay. Your post restiriction makes much more sense now. [/i]

So let me see if I have this right. He knew about the bullet catch trick but not Teller's manner of (not) speaking? I only learned about the bullet catch trick from researching Teller AFTER seeing BULLSHIT!, and I'm just having a very hard time figuring out how he would know about who has done the bullet catch (not many people in history, especially successfully), knowing that P&T had done it, and NOT knowing about Teller's shtick.

Riggs 19:
Also, do we have the same ability?
Since we both did the bullet dodge trick, does that mean you have a bullet dodge power when it is needed? Because I do.

As it turns out, I do, though I didn't say that to him (he could probably figure it out from how I didn't deny it though). Also, fish #2.

This may not seem like a concerted effort to rolefish until you consider that this seems to be the only thing Riggs has put effort into all game - either inthread, or in the QT.

And THAT is why I'm wondering if sottyrulez was vigged. There are clandestine ways of blocking kills running around.

I can tell you all of Riggs' stances while I'm here.
*Post 9, 9/18: Junpei is probably not scum since his wagon seems to be too much RVS. (It wasn't RVS)
*Post 18, 9/20: Crab Canon was trying to bus ace. (He was actually thinking of sottyrulez; he also made this mistake in his post)
*Post 32, 9/30: Locke Lamora's hammer was suss, and he'll look into it later.

That's - it, and it's still three times what he's said inthread.

VI wrote:ITT Fishy gives Riggs way, way, way too much credit. Come on, am I really that untrustworthy that he's willing to dismiss what might be (and is) sensitive information?

Notice Amrun on the sidelines. Crab Canon is absent as well, having jumped off the Riggs wagon.

Vi wrote:So normally I would feel bad for Riggs right now but there's something [scumhunting] he's noticeably not doing.

My concerns were that Vi was pushing a case on a bulletproof without any proof of two killing parties, but as he correctly pointed out, with two bulletproofs of any type, another source for kills is likely. Vi didn't explicitly state this but I believe his theory is that sotty was vigged and scum with GNR shot him, hence only one kill.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:48 am

Post by ace5993 »

Fail tags.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”