Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Whiskers »

But multiple choice is so easy?

Hiraki, do you believe in meta?

Also, Rainbow, you said something else about two ponies you liked as scum, but didn't think they were scum-partners so would lynch just one of them instead. Am I incorrect? I remember you saying that.

Having the scum-lynch on Day 1, I'd like a perfect Town win, please.

Not hammering Friend Maresil because there's a lot of time in the Day, and there isn't a good reason not to use some of it.
The question is, why wasn't Rainbow Dash killed last Night?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Yes. But it shouldn't be the firm ultimatum. It should be a topping.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

@Whiskers - Yeah I said that. Im just thinking its time to start getting as much information out of this game as we can because we have a scum lynch. If we can get four solid town reads, we win the game. Starting to just blast through scum reads is the best way to do it at this point. We hit one scum and last should either fall into place and/or get caught by process of elimination.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Sure.

Anyway, Hiraki always plays like this. So-- meta.

Hiraki, are you like me, so that you adjust your town play to fit your scum meta?

Rainbowdash, are
you
ready for me to hammer?
I'm not yet, but I'm also not confident I'll actually put any more (read as: any at all) work into this Day.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

unvote all

Answer enough for ya?

Im all for action, but we aren't going to pass on the opportunity to ice this game right here.
You don't earn
loyalty
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Whiskers wrote:Hiraki, are you like me, so that you adjust your town play to fit your scum meta?
No.

I have no scum/town meta.

call it bullshit all you want, but I honestly tend to stop trying to remember my scumpartners in games where I am scum. It helps more than hurts.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Im not sure which if Hiraki and Whiskers makes my jaw drop more. The fact that Hiraki intentionally plays suboptimally as scum (forgets partners) or that Whiskers changed
TOWN
play to match
SCUM
meta, since scum meta should do damage to town. Both seem like very not awesome ways to apporach the game. Thats all just theory though.

@KJ - What is the VM case.?
@VM - What is your NS case?
@Robot - What is your Whiskers read?
@Christine - What is your opinion on Hiraki?
@Whiskers - Top two scum and town reads?
@Hiraki - Best chance of scum pair?

Inquiring ponies wish to know!
You don't earn
loyalty
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by killerjester »

I'm terrible at making cases

- Gave a town perspective for one of AVox's early game actions in his catch-up posts, only to turn around and push the notion of AVox-scum
- Shamelessly buddies me in #308/#309 and again in #331/#332

He probably got on the nintendo wagon because he saw fellow scum going down and decided it would be worth the few towncreds to bus his partner.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 633, killerjester wrote:I'm terrible at making cases

- Gave a town perspective for one of AVox's early game actions in his catch-up posts, only to turn around and push the notion of AVox-scum

Because i can't do a complete 180 on a read in the span of a post?

In post 633, killerjester wrote:- Shamelessly buddies me in #308/#309 and again in #331/#332[/spoiler]
308: How is that buddying, exactly? I was just as incredulous as you sounded then about Friend not trying to give any clear view one way or the other, you just beat me to it and I quoted you to show that I was of the same mind.

332: Again, if it was going to come down to a double-lynch, and people were actually gonna be serious about it, I was going to vote for AVox, who I felt was scummiest at the time, and Nin, who I felt was scummiest between Whiskers and Nin (and I still don't see Whiskers as scum, btw).

RD: One sec, lemme find the posts and link 'em.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Vote count

AurorusVox - 1 (Hiraki)
Voidedmafia - 1 (Killerjester)
Christine
Robotnick2
killerjester
Friend Mairsil - 4 (Voidedmafia, Robotnick2, AurorusVox, Hiraki)
Hiraki - 1 (Killerjester)
Whiskers
Rainbowdash
Nobody Special - 3 (Voidedmafia, Robotnick2, AurorusVox)

Not voting - Christine, Friend Marisil, Whiskers, Nobody Special, Rainbowdash

Friend Marisil is -2

In post 601, AurorusVox wrote:
Unvote NS

Not sure where to put this vote yet...

In post 608, AurorusVox wrote:So you have nothing to say to the people who responded to your incredibly lazy post where you voted me?
Vote: Hiraki

I'm gonna be a stickler here and say that these don't count
Last edited by ThAdmiral on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 632, Rainbowdash wrote:@VM - What is your NS case?

Really just 286, but that's really all that needs to be said. Oh, and pushing for your lynch just because he thinks your gambit was stupid and thus makes you scum.

Really like Robotnick after that Friend case. As for Hiraki, that's rather...shitty meta, to be honest. Friend would be my pick for the lynch (if we're gonna single-lynch again), but I wouldn't mind a Hiraki lynch now.

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Confusing and frustrating stuff this double vote thing. So we are going to sort it all out here!

@everypony - Pro or con using the double lynch today? If con why? If pro who should we double lynch?
@AV - Why NS? Wow me here.
@Robot - Tack on a Hiraki read to that last question.
@KJ - Hiraki read?

This has to be all figured out here. We can do this and probably end the game by tomorrow at the latest.

I mean, if we are all willing to call AV, KJ and myself town that forces the next three scum lynches. Im sure everypony can agree that only one if any of Whisker-NS is scum. I mean, I really don't know why im beating around the bush here so im just going to come flat out and say it.

I just about am willing to say we just lynch everypony off the nintendo wagon. I think the only group who really has a legitimate shot of having bussed there would be (Whiskers/VM/Christine). I want to call Christine town for whatever reason here, im not even entirely sure of it myself but I just have that feeling in my wings that that pony is town. Whiskers is more shrug. I WANT her to be town, that much is for sure, just starting to think I could possibly be overselling tells. Really don't think she belong anywhere near todays lynch discussion though. VM is ehhh... again I want to say town but have my reservations.

Really though, we have (essentially) 9 alive due to double lynch which brings about

9 (lynch 1/2)
8 (1 dead)
7 (lynch 3)
6 (2 dead)
5 (lynch 4)
4 (3 dead)
3 (lynch 5)
2 left alive

So combine living + NKed, we clear five town walks away with this.

I want to stay me + KJ + AV + [Whiskers/NS] + Christine at this point does it... but I want the Hiraki/Friend double up today since a Friend-scum flip cements Whiskers as town.

*shrug*

Im not one for all this math and logic stuff, but if we can use force to win a game im all for that.

Ah good, we got VM for the Hiraki/Friend double lynch bringing that up to three. I think thats how we are going to get stuff done today.

@everypony
- Watch your votes. If anypony 'accidently' hammers as we are trying to double lynch you bought yourself a one way ticket to being lynched tomorrow.

My top pick is actually Hiraki at this point over Friend.
You don't earn
loyalty
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

If there's one scum of Whiskers-NS, it's NS.

And you ALWAYS have reservations about me <_< (well, in regards to the only game we've completed together and this one, anyways)

I still honestly want to get NS roped with Friend, and thus my vote will stay with him, but I can move my vote over to Hiraki for a hammer or L-1 or something similar.

Robotnick2
Robotnick2
Goon
Robotnick2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Post by Robotnick2 »

Hmm.

Whiskers I read as leaning town. It's a bit... wibbley? Don't know if that makes sense, but Whiskers feels quite town, but not solidly so. Like, I wouldn't be overtly suprised if he flipped scum, but I think he's town.

Hiraki on the other hand, I really am starting to read as scum. He's very evasive, cagey, purposefully makes the game... not harder, but just doesn't answer simple questions. However, as pointed out by Whiskers, that's his meta, so he could just be scummy town. Again though, I feel he's scum.

@Rainbow - I'm pro-double lynch, and my lynch partners would be Hiraki/Friend. If they both flipped scum, I would then vote for a NS lynch tomorrow, as I feel he's the only other candidate for scum. I also agree with you on your Christine read, but I also find myself unable to explain exactly why.

So anways, here's my reads at the moment:

Rainbowdash: Town
Christine: Town
killerjester: Town
AurorusVox: Leaning Town
Whiskers: Leaning Town
Voidedmafia: Null
Friend Mairsil: Scum
Hiraki: Scum
Nobody Special: Scum

So with all that,
UNVOTE: Nobody Special
VOTE: Hiraki
I was mostly oblivious to
Tigerpocalypse 2011

29th of November 2011 - 27th of February 2012.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:20 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 638, Voidedmafia wrote:If there's one scum of Whiskers-NS, it's NS.

Why do you say this?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:07 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 639, Robotnick2 wrote:Hmm.

Whiskers I read as leaning town. It's a bit... wibbley? Don't know if that makes sense, but Whiskers feels quite town, but not solidly so. Like, I wouldn't be overtly suprised if he flipped scum, but I think he's town.

Hiraki on the other hand, I really am starting to read as scum. He's very evasive, cagey, purposefully makes the game... not harder, but just doesn't answer simple questions. However, as pointed out by Whiskers, that's his meta, so he could just be scummy town. Again though, I feel he's scum.

@Rainbow - I'm pro-double lynch, and my lynch partners would be Hiraki/Friend. If they both flipped scum, I would then vote for a NS lynch tomorrow, as I feel he's the only other candidate for scum. I also agree with you on your Christine read, but I also find myself unable to explain exactly why.

So anways, here's my reads at the moment:

Rainbowdash: Town
Christine: Town
killerjester: Town
AurorusVox: Leaning Town
Whiskers: Leaning Town
Voidedmafia: Null
Friend Mairsil: Scum
Hiraki: Scum
Nobody Special: Scum

So with all that,
UNVOTE: Nobody Special
VOTE: Hiraki

Way to say the exact same thing as RainbowDash in a blatant attempt to please her?
Also, if Friend Maresil and Hiraki both flipped scum, you wouldn't vote for any lynch the next Day, as the game only has three scum. Setup is in the first post, right? Did you read the game when you replaced in? I thought the confusion had been cleared up. Here's the [+townpoints for not knowing the setup, 'cause scum would know the setup blah blah blah] you asked for-- consider them signed with a kiss from Rainbowdash.

Rainbow Dash: why is Killerjester Conftown? Just asking. , I don't remember him being confirmed.
How come Christine gets slotted into your ALL TOWN VOTING BLOCK? Actually, I don't remember Christine being around to say anything ever.
If the Friend Maresil scum-flip cements me as town, does that mean it cements Nopony Special as scum? (are you setting up a mislynch?)

Robotnick2 is desperately looking to be petted and somepony to say, "Good puppy."
I was more cool with a Hiraki lynch before you guys started pushing it. They way you're doing it looks bad. For good or ill, Lynch all assholes doesn't apply very often in this game.

Unvote Unvote Unvote Unvote.
Robotnick2
Robotnick2
Goon
Robotnick2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Robotnick2 »

In post 641, Whiskers wrote:
Way to say the exact same thing as RainbowDash in a blatant attempt to please her?

How dare you.

Also, if Friend Maresil and Hiraki both flipped scum, you wouldn't vote for any lynch the next Day, as the game only has three scum. Setup is in the first post, right? Did you read the game when you replaced in? I thought the confusion had been cleared up. Here's the [+townpoints for not knowing the setup, 'cause scum would know the setup blah blah blah] you asked for-- consider them signed with a kiss from Rainbowdash.

Call it a lapse of concentration. I had forgotten that we had already lynched 1 mafia.

Robotnick2 is desperately looking to be petted and somepony to say, "Good puppy."

Again, how dare you. Justify this please.
I was mostly oblivious to
Tigerpocalypse 2011

29th of November 2011 - 27th of February 2012.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 642, Robotnick2 wrote:Again, how dare you. Justify this please.

In post 641, Whiskers wrote:

Here's the [+townpoints for not knowing the setup, 'cause scum would know the setup blah blah blah] you asked for-- consider them signed with a kiss from Rainbowdash.

Step 1: read thread.
Step 2: Realize Rainbowdash is giving out free towncred for being stoopid.
Step 3: be stoopid.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:38 am

Post by AurorusVox »

@Rainbow, I tried to unvote and revote Hiraki but it didn't get counted (see latest VC)

Unvote: Nobody Special;
Vote: Hiraki

(I'll get to reading the rest in a mo, just wanted to make sure this was posted before I get started as I've got limited time)
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:46 am

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 637, Rainbowdash wrote:@everypony - Pro or con using the double lynch today? If con why? If pro who should we double lynch?

Pro. I've been pro using it since D1. I'm kinda down for using it in a "One of these two are going to flip scum" situation a'la yesterday to ensure we don't get a double mislynch, but I think that's also courting the potential of TvT so I'm also happy to use it to remove two independently scummy players (Friend and Hiraki at this point)

---

I still don't like Whiskers: if Hiraki flips scum at this point, I'll like him even less, given his jump off the wagon and his comment about setting up mislynches - it actually makes it sound as though Whiskers himself knows Hiraki is flipping scum.

Please explain why you have reservations about Hiraki and how other people are pushing his lynch?
He's being an asshole, sure, but that doesn't make the scumtell people (including, presumably, you) have found any less real.
There are scumtells there, and if being an asshole negated those, we'd see a lot more gaping assholes on the site.

---

In post 639, Robotnick2 wrote:@Rainbow - I'm pro-double lynch, and my lynch partners would be Hiraki/Friend. If they both flipped scum, I would then vote for a NS lynch tomorrow, as I feel he's the only other candidate for scum.

I read this as an honest townslip.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Friend Mairsil
Friend Mairsil
Townie
Friend Mairsil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Friend Mairsil »

i know there are tons of questions directed towards me, but seeing as i know im gonna be lynched its kinda mute answering them. i mean ive gone back and read my posts, and shit id vote me too. ive dug waaaayyyyyy too deep of a hole for me to climb out of it. but heres the grand question i wanna ask: if i flip town then who would you think scum is?
life is perception. perception is relative. which must mean life is relative.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Nobody Special »

It is never moot answering questions put to you if you're town. Even after you're dead (as long as you're town), we can go back and read your opinions and fit them into the game.

So, go, answer.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Watch the votes everypony.

@Whiskers - KJ reads town for interactions with nintendo, being on him for a long time, and challenging my town read of him D1. Christine is town because I just had that tingling that says she is town, can't really find to much to say otherwise. Also stop misreading the NS-Whiskers thing I have set up. Its neither or one of you. Not both. Im about 50-50 between those two. One being town doesnt make the other scum, but one being scum makes the other town.

Also I dont care that robot just mirrored my reads much.

Tells have expiration dates too. The "doesn't know setup" one expired as soon as I used it day one, because at that point its something that is very easy to fake.
You don't earn
loyalty
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Whiskers »

Yes, but, he
really really really
wanted that towncred.

Also, AV, go eat a
Cupcake!

But more pertinant to the game, what's the scumtell you have on Hiraki?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”