Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 270, Thomith wrote:
They
Slowly
walked in... all 13 of them,
unaware
of the trap that they were getting themselves into, well of course the members of the
Mafia
knew what was going on... wait
members of the Mafia?

This... is my
warped
story...
Are you willing to play a part in it?

My not so Humble Abode mafia is second in the Mini Normal queue, and i am accepting 6 pre-ins.

NOW IN SIGNUPS!
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (12/17)
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:30 am

Post by imaginality »

In signups now:
Hitchhiker's Mafia
:

In Hitchhiker's Mafia, players are characters from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy universe, trapped aboard the malfunctioning Heart of Gold. Some of the players are secretly out to kill the others and destroy the ship, but who - and why? Put your Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters aside for now - you'll need your wits about you to find the villains before it's too late!

Notes:

* 13 player Mini Theme
* As this is set in the HHGG universe, you can expect a significant amount of in-game weirdness, but this is not a bastard game, and there are no cults, jesters or survivors.
* Knowledge of the source material is not required, but is highly recommended: Not so much for this game in particular, but simply because you're missing out on some of the wittiest, silliest writing you're ever likely to come across!
* This game uses the Double Dip voting mechanic: Each player has two votes, although he/she/it cannot put both votes on the same player.
* Wisdom of the Crowds applies to sign-ups: Each player signing up may PM me a name of one player (no more than one) on the list that they do not want to play with. If any player gets X player votes, they will be removed from the list. WotC votes must be cast via PM to me, not in this thread.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Andrius »

From the 'Andrius Is Addicted to Lord of the Rings Studios':

They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard Mafia!

FEATURES:
- 13 players
- Hobbits
- Taters
- Maggoty Bread
- May also contain elements of the 'Mashed Taters Song' and 'Trolling Saruman'
- Non-Bastard Game (No Cults, Survivors, or Jesters)

/pre-in Requirements:

- 2 or more completed theme games
- Flavor knowledge not required, but as always, makes the experience all the more enjoyable

Will be in signups soon.
(Andrius also loves area tags.)
Last edited by Andrius on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Nikanor »

In post 277, Andrius wrote:
From the 'Andrius Is Addicted to Lord of the Rings Studios':

They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard Mafia!

FEATURES:
- 13 players
- Hobbits
- Taters
- Maggoty Bread
- Non-Bastard Game (No Cults, Survivors, or Jesters)

/pre-in Requirements:

- 2 or more completed theme games
- Flavor knowledge not required, but as always, makes the experience all the more enjoyable

Will be in signups soon.
(Andrius also loves area tags.)

What...
The fuck...
(This isn't a pre-in btw. :P)
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Nexus »

Artemis Fowl Large Theme

Moderator: Nexus
Backup Mod: Haylen
Reviewers: Faraday and Empking

Players: 22
Pre-in's left: 11. Feel free to PM me.
Requirements: Not to be on my blacklist. One game's experience without flaking/requiring too many prods would be nice. Other than that, just don't be a dick.

Setup and Flavour: Closed set up taking flavour from all of the Artemis Fowl books (Artemis Fowl, Artemis Fowl and the Arctic Incident, Eternity Code, Opal Deception, Lost Colony, Time Paradox and Atlantis Complex.) Basic premise is that Artemis Fowl Jr. has decided to play a holosim game with all of his friends, to see how they cope without him.

There are no cults, jesters or otherwise bastard modding.

Will be in signups fairly soon I believe.
Trans rights are human rights.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by zoraster »

What's the under/over on fart jokes, Nexus? That's the reason I had to stop reading those books... :-/
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Nexus »

In post 280, zoraster wrote:What's the under/over on fart jokes, Nexus? That's the reason I had to stop reading those books... :-/

There are very few. I don't have any mod scenes planned out, but I don't plan on putting that many fart jokes in. Because that would be immature, and I am incredibly mature....
Trans rights are human rights.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:52 am

Post by zoraster »

Draw, Partner

I'd like to know if there's interest in this as a marathon game. 7 players, 1 mafia, Nightless. Each day the town votes two players to duel each other. The moderator will post a challenge. The first player to complete it wins the duel and stays alive. The other is eliminated from the game.

If you're interested, PM me. I'll put it up if I get 4 /ins by PM. Otherwise I won't bother.
Modding Account
Modding Account
Townie
Modding Account
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Modding Account »

Marionette Mafia

Moderator: Modding Account
Back-Up Mod: LlamaFluff
Reviewers: Hoopla, LlamaFluff, zoraster
Players: Thirteen (13)

The puppet master sighed. His act was getting old, and he couldn't afford new puppets. So he decided to write a new act using his same old puppets. He had fourteen of them, and he loved them, and they loved him. Well, most of them did anyway.

Oh yeah, his puppets weren't inanimate. Just thought I should mention that. 

Anyway, the new act proved to be a big success, and the puppet master was  soon swimming in money. 

That may have been a hyperbole, but my teachers taught me that hyperboles are the best thing evar in teh universe. 

One night, a friend came over to visit the puppet master. He asked the puppet master what he was going to do with his newfound riches?

The puppet master responded, "Certainly not get new puppets. I love these puppets, and they love me, and getting rid of them would pain me oh so much."

Unfortunately, a few puppets were listening to the conversation. You might be wondering why that's unfortunate? Well, the old man puppet was there, and he was hard of hearing and a tad senile.

This wouldn't have been a problem if not for the other puppets with him. They were the few puppets that didn't return their master's love. And they convinced the poor senile puppet that their master was going to throw them all out. 

Then some crap about the old puppet being the 'Chosen One' who had to liberate the puppets was talked about. 

So the 'Chosen One' waited until the puppet master's friend went to the bathroom. He then confronted his master. 

"Death to puppets haters," the Chosen One hissed. Then he stabbed the puppet master. 

Oh yeah, he kind of sharpened one of his hands to a point. That's were the stabbing came from.

The Puppet Master, 2-Shot Governor
, has been stabbed multiple times to death N0.[/b] 

Then his friend came back. The only word he got out was "Oh".

The Puppet Master's Friend, 1-Shot Commuter
, has had his vital organs ripped out N0.[/b]
At least his bladder was empty.

With the deeds done, the evil puppets moved in. 

Morning came, but only thirteen puppets were there. They frantically searched for the old man, and found him next to the two human corpses. He was barely alive.  

"How did this happen?" asked one puppet. 

"I... I was a fool. I deserve to die. I killed them. I was tricked by some other puppets. I can't remember exactly what happened after the murders. There might have just been three evil puppets that mobbed me. Or maybe there were four, and then they split into two groups of two? Or maybe it became a three versus one? Or it might have been something else... I don't remember. But do remember. Don't succumb... To... The... The... The EEEEVILLLLLLLL!" And with that, he was dead.

Old Man Puppet, Senile Chosen One
, has mercifully met his maker Pregame.[/b]  

'Met his maker'. That's funny. Because he killed his maker. And now he's dead too. I kill myself some times. 

The thirteen remaining puppets vowed vengeance. They would find the evil scum hiding within them. They would avenge their fallen...
Marionette Mafia
is in D1. PM me to sign up to replace!
Modding Account
Modding Account
Townie
Modding Account
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Modding Account »

Wrong thread. Play it off. Join the above game in the Mini Normal Queue now!
Marionette Mafia
is in D1. PM me to sign up to replace!
Bilious Slick
Bilious Slick
Townie
Bilious Slick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Bilious Slick »

Homestuck Mafia
(Large Theme, 28 players). Yes, this is happening, and is in the queue currently.

Moderator: Bilious Slick (aka Cephrir)
Co-mod: quadz08

Premise: These dream selves are becoming a slight annoyance for Doc Scratch. So, he decides to gather them all together to play a little game of wits. A very deadly one. He conceals everyone's identity and plans to watch as they destroy one another without even doing the dirty work himself. And, of course, he already knows everything will go his way... Except for one little black spot.

Spoiler: Seizure-inducing GIF

With Bec's intervention, it seems we may have a fair game. But the conflict between these powers is also causing some weird time/space shenanigans...

Pre-/ins: Accepting them now.
I would prefer one game of on-site experience, maybe not necessarily at my discretion. Signups will use WotC. Flavor knowledge not required. There is a pretty nice wiki for the material, which shouldn't be necessary but I will provide a link anyway. Obviously, no cults or jesters.
Mechanics: There will be an interesting mechanic, which I am not at liberty to discuss.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 am

Post by Faraday »

A new game has started

*knock knock*

"Huh, what was that noise?", asked Kdub

Kdub walked around the corner to investigate.

He never even heard the intruder sneak up behind him.

Kdub - Back-up mod - had his neck snapped pre-game

Kdub's PM wrote:
Welcome to Metal Gear Solid Mafia, Kdub..

You are a Heavily Armoured Genome Soldier,
FOXHOUND Aligned.

Well you’re the pre-game sacrafice, so what’s the point of writing too much flavour?

Abilities:

[A]
Vote
: You may
Vote
during the day in thread.

Win Condition
: You win when you've eliminated all threats to the base.

The game had began. Shadow Moses Island is under attack, can you help defend it? No saves. No second chances. More importantly - no Raiden.

Pre-ins:
Sotty7
MagnaofIllusion
xRECKONERx
Albert B. Rampage
Hiraki
David Xanatos

Pre-ins are fill but PM me if you want a reminder when it goes into sign ups.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 am

Post by Zodiark13 »

Rules define, constrain, and set standards for everything.

Weather or not to stop at trafic lights.
Weather or not you are allow to take the last cookie.
Weather or not to place a swear word in a forum post.

But what if the rules don't want to be followed?
What if the rules rebel?
What if the rules are the ones that break the rules...

Rules Mafia is an experimental Mini Theme soon to go into signups. Instead of recieving a role, players will be given an alignment and one of the games rules. Players are allowed to alter the rule they hold, or exchange it for another during the night phase.

Be warned that the potential for situations that may be considered bastardly may come into existance, as many of the rules are decided by players. And be warned, death will mean much more detriment to your faction that just the loss of a player...

Players must have an account that has been active for three months, and must either submit three games, at least one of which has had an unusual mechanic, or proof of having been in a previous Zodiark13 game.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Across the Narrow Sea a Dragon Queen grows in power. In the Iron Islands, a kingsmoot leads to a dark monarch. Rumours of quiet rebellion drift in from Dorne. A bannerless Brotherhood haunts the riverlands. Stannis, the false king, has fled but still lurks just out of sight. And from behind the Wall... who knows?

But in Kings Landing, it is clear who sits upon the Iron Throne. All is well and safe under King Tommen Baratheon, First of His Name. But the King is still young, still learning, and the good lords and ladies of the capital are there to help him. His mother. His uncle. His wife. All with the
very
best of intentions...

This
is
King's Landing though; not all can be trusted. Although he is removed to the Eyrie, Petyr Baelish, known as Littlefinger can still pull strings to rival any puppeteer. But can Littlefinger
really
divide the Kingdom?

King Tommen needs good men and women, honest men and women, uncorrupted men and women. Do any exist in the capital? Let's find out.

A Feast for Crows
, the 4th Song of Ice and Fire game in the series. Centred on Kings Landing and the Iron Throne, this game will be semi-small town. Players will choose, through draft, which characters they wish to play and that will be public knowledge. Their roles and alignments will not, with the exception of Littlefinger.

A certain amount of spoilers are inherent in setting a game well into a series. No Dance with Dragons spoilers will be present.

P.s. No Darkstar either.

Stay tuned!

Current pre-ins: (12/12) (24 player game)
Mina
Ooba
Benmage
Hasdgfas
Albert B Rampage
Zoraster
Magua
Shadow1psc
MockingJaye
MagnaofIllusion
Mastermind of Sin
AdumbroDeus
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:38 am, edited 13 times in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

League of Legends UPick Mini Theme!!!!!!!

13 peoples... and ya that's all I can tell you guys :3
#freeShotty
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 am

Post by zoraster »

Animal Rescue: petPick

This game is a little like a uPick game. But instead of submitting roles, each player will submit photos, names and stories of their pets. The moderator will then design a setup around these submissions.

Any type of pet is fine so long as you feel a deep affection for the animal. The animal could even have passed away. I encourage you to submit ALL of the animals you’d like rather than just one.

Spoiler: You might see these guys
One of the reasons I’m doing this game is because I love animals. I’ve fostered quite a few animals, grew up with dogs and I have three cats of my own. One of the things that touches me is when others love their pets as much as I love my own. With that in mind, my own cats will be submitted and may or may not be used in some manner. As an example of what kind of thing I’m looking for:

Athena is the queen of the house. She shows affection, but on her terms. She’s also the smartest cat, figuring out how to open doors, where the food is hidden, etc. She was originally found under a laundry basket in the middle of August heat before my fiancée rescued her.

Hermes is a goofy mama’s boy. He was originally adopted from a rescue organization that we later fostered cats for, and ever since he’s stayed as close as possible to my fiancée. He sleeps around her head at night, follows her from room to room, waits at the door at around when she gets home, and so on.

Apollo (left) was originally a tiny kitten that we fostered. His sister we adopted out, but because of a heart defect that caused him to almost die several times and require administration of medicine twice daily, we couldn’t adopt him out for another six months. By that point, he had wormed his way into the family. He loves to follow around his bigger brother, and he lives to play – showing no weakness from the heart condition he still has some (non-lethal) remainder of.

Anyway, I’m now taking 8 pre-ins. If I get more than 8, I’ll put you on a notification list where I’ll PM you the minute I put the sign-up sheet.

EDIT: I should say that you can simply pre-in for now. You don't need to submit your pets until the actual game sign-ups go up, but you're of course welcome to do so anyway.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Juls »

Game Details

- 12-person Mini Theme
- Fishing Mechanic - Trade crab you have caught for power roles.
- Travel the Bering Sea visiting all your favorite locations from the Deadliest Catch: Dutch Harbor, St. Paul Island, Mr. Magoo, Phil's famous fart bubbles, and more.
- Coming Late October.
- Now Accepting Pre-in's

Note: Will be out of town from October 13-23. If you pre-in during that time I will respond when I return.
-------------------------------------
Juls
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by zoraster »

hahaha i like your tag line.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

In post 264, Trumpet of Doom wrote:Coming soonish: Mafia on the Gulf Coast!

• 25-player Large Normal
  • 2-week deadlines
  • 72 hours to prod, then another 48 to replace

Mod: Trumpet of Doom
Backup mod: shaft.ed

Currently, there are 12 pre-in slots left. If you'd like one, PM me.

Update: Now in signups!
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

After the colossal failure of Arkham Asylum, the mayor of Gotham decided to quarantine an entire section of the city. This section became Arkham City, a place full of violence, crime, and anarchy. All the villains of Gotham were sent there to live out the rest of their days in isolation, but a miracle has occurred: Batman and his cohorts have been trapped in Arkham City as well. Now, the villains have their chance to rise up, hunt down the Batman and his friends, and rid the world of that pain in the ass once and for all!

This is a game for 19 players. It is not a bastardmod, nor is it vanillaless, but it is slightly swingy. There are no cults or jesters. Currently at 0/9 pre-ins. The game will be going into signups as soon as it is approved in the queue, so save your spot now!
green shirt thursdays
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:28 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Title
:
Power Rangers: The Legends War.

Story:
Earth has always come under attack, but Earth has always had a team known as the Power Rangers to fight this evil. But soon after a new power source was found some Ranger's started to break away from their respective teams.

And then it happened.

Some of these break away Rangers turned to the side of darkness, unable to fight their dark urges and a Ranger civil way erupted. Outside help was sought in the form of Kamen Rider's, Masked Rider's and VR Troopers but in the end everyone was left asking the same question.

Who can I trust? And who will be the next to turn.

Players
: 19

Role information
: There is the possibility of alignment changes in this game. Non Power Ranger roles may feature in the game also. However this is not a Bastard Mod game.

Player requirement
: Familiarity of the PR franchise is a bonus, but not required. Players will have to show they have completed at least 2 games on MS.

Pre-ins
: I am accepting 8 pre-in slots.

Edit: This game has been scrapped. See new post by myself for details.
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by wierdalexv »

Metroid: Other Mafia

An 11p Mini Theme by Wierdalexv

• Some non-normal roles
  • Top-quality flavor
  • No jesters, lynchers, cults, or survivors

0/5 Pre-In spots filled, and I could use a reviewer or two as well.
I'm back, sort of. Not a lot of free time to play, but I'm planning to be modding some mish mash and stuff this winter.

Eragon Mafia, a 17-Player Large Theme, will be coming to the large theme queue soon(ish) if all goes well. If you're interested, PM me to pre-in.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Norman »

Just wondering, is there going to be a scary Mafia mod where some people go up in a mountain to view some property and then evil little gnomes jump out of the trees and on them, with bloody 11 inched knives to slit their throats open? Then like a detective goes in there to investigate after hearing something, and then there's like somewhere around 8-10 people there that heard it and went there. And they don't know it's the gnomes. Because real gnomes disappear quickly... I'd actually like to have a game like that. If anyone wants to make one just like it, I'd gladly join that. Heh.

Also, I was going to submit my horror movie ideas to Hollywood but why waste it when I can waste it better right here. If only William Shatner could play the detective...
Norman.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Final Fantasy 6 Mafia

An upcoming Large Theme game Moderated by Magnaofillusion and Back-up Moderated by Kdub. Reviewed by Kdub, with further review underway. The game should enter the Large Theme Queue in the next 2 weeks.

Features of the game

• * 20 players
    * Non-standard mechanics involving Relics and Magicitie
    * The game should be considered Bastard. However the Mods confirm that there are No Direct Lies told to players in the Rules, Mod Posts, or Role PMs.
    * The game has no Cults or Jesters
    * There will be a limit of 2 Hydras in the game. All Hydras are required to publicly disclose their members in the sign-up thread.

To sign up for the game you should meet the following requirements

• * Have 3 completed games on Mafiascum or provable functional experience that the Mods accept.
    * Have not been flake or forced replaced from a game in the last two months.
    * Are not on the personal blacklist of the Mods

There are 9 Pre-ins currently available. Please PM if you wish to Pre-In or if you have any questions about the game or game requirements.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Quilford »

~

the vanillaside

~

an upcoming open large normal for fourteen players

modded by me and designed and run once before by Hoopla

players will undergo personal examination by me to determine whether they are fit to play

seven pre-ins are available

contact me

~

Return to “Queue”