The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1057, ooba wrote:Image

S&M are si far in the red zone that'd it be borderline impossible (in the current meta) to get him lynched. Maybe being just in the "scummy-lurker policy lynch" zone is a town tell but when you take it to 11 like S&M that's a scum tactic.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Gut »

CSL isn't smart enough to go for it and Amrun doesn't strike me as the type who'd go for such a tactic.

Kanye, do you have e-mail notification turned on?
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:09 am

Post by Gut »

In post 1059, VitaminR wrote:
In post 1048, Gut wrote:
Yeah, today's lynch should be VitR.

This is getting stupid. I'm having a hard time believing this is sincere. Is chamber even really there this time?

You know I wouldn't lie to our esteemed moderator.

Interesting that you find that more plausible than us being scum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1077, Gut wrote:
In post 1059, VitaminR wrote:
In post 1048, Gut wrote:
Yeah, today's lynch should be VitR.

This is getting stupid. I'm having a hard time believing this is sincere. Is chamber even really there this time?

You know I wouldn't lie to our esteemed moderator.

Interesting that you find that more plausible than us being scum.

Heh. Your meta argument about S&M is good too.

Unvote, Vote: VitR
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:52 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Well if we aren’t killing Feysal I’m laying down two lists. Any shots outside this group result in me begging Minaday for a Daykill tomorrow morning –

Actively scummy
– Dekes, Espeonage, Empking

Lurkers / Active lurkers
– Wraith, Sun and Moon

--

MoS wrote:I have no idea what the Seraphs can do.

Did you not play in / read / research any of the other games with the Seraph mechanic (Vi’s MoHo games)?

MoS wrote:Wait, so basically you're blaming me for responding to the people who have endlessly asked me questions regarding these two topics?

No, I’m blaming you for going out of your way to make non-scumhunting avenues of discussion as opposed to scum-hunting. You were the one who broached the paranioa “maybe MoI is making it all up” line of discussion.

Meanwhile once again you’ve done no significant scum-hunting today. Outside Feysal I have no idea who you suspect.

--

WoW wrote:Please don't assume I said Ooba was town because he placed me on a town list. I can't think his other posts today are town? Odd that you zeroed in one that (for me at least). That being said, him placing us on his town list certainly didn't hurt my town read on him.

Well given you didn’t elaborate at all as to why you found him Town you sort of did leave the door open for speculation.

--

Gut wrote:Interesting that you find that more plausible than us being scum.

Not this … this is a point against VitaminR that speaks to me. Questioning if chamber is even a part of the hydra as opposed to the fact that Gut might be scum doesn’t seem a Town driven perspective.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:18 am

Post by VitaminR »

Whatever, it's not like I didn't consider that possibility. But thanks, CES. It's just that chamber wasn't part of the hydra last time (CES pretended he was) and that I'm surprised that chamber would have a strong scum read on me and be wrong about it (at least face-to-face, he's usually right). But I don't think he'd fake that as scum at all (CES might).

Empking wrote:Heh. Your meta argument about S&M is good too.

I just think ooba's interpretation is just as valid as yours. Trying to read too much into lurking patterns is very easy.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 1079, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MoS wrote:I have no idea what the Seraphs can do.

Did you not play in / read / research any of the other games with the Seraph mechanic (Vi’s MoHo games)?

Did you not play in / read / research the signup thread for this game?

MoS wrote:Wait, so basically you're blaming me for responding to the people who have endlessly asked me questions regarding these two topics?

No, I’m blaming you for going out of your way to make non-scumhunting avenues of discussion as opposed to scum-hunting. You were the one who broached the paranioa “maybe MoI is making it all up” line of discussion.

It's not going out of my way to say things that need to be brought up. That doesn't mean I want to spend all my time in this game arguing about them. Persistence is the problem here, and that wasn't remotely my fault. Unless you're suggesting that I should have simply ignored the questions being directed at me so you could attack me for doing so?

Meanwhile once again you’ve done no significant scum-hunting today. Outside Feysal I have no idea who you suspect.

Me neither, obviously, or I would have said something by now.
Permanent V/LA.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Furcolow »

unvote
vote: sun and moon
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:02 am

MoS wrote:Did you not play in / read / research the signup thread for this game?

Ok, so not willing to answer the question and attempt to deflect noted. Why is that?

Were you or were you not aware of how Seraphs have operated in the past games?

MoS wrote:It's not going out of my way to say things that need to be brought up. That doesn't mean I want to spend all my time in this game arguing about them. Persistence is the problem here, and that wasn't remotely my fault. Unless you're suggesting that I should have simply ignored the questions being directed at me so you could attack me for doing so?

The huge issue I have is that you aren’t bringing up / discussing anything that is remotely scum-hunting related. Jester talk is all game theory and your “I don’t think we should trust MoI’s info” is at worst pointless fluff (since you can’t provide a reasonable reason why I’d stand to gain anything by doing so) and at worst scum seeking to undermine the information coming into thread.

MoS wrote:Me neither, obviously, or I would have said something by now.

Not buying it. Lack of scum-hunting is 100% due to you.

Into the scum-pool with you MoS ....

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 am

Post by Wraith »

A Sun and Moon lynch should not be considered based on what it is being considered now. NEWFLASH: WE DID A LURKERLYNCH DAY 1 AND MISLYNCHED. ALSO SUN AND MOON FLAKED ALREADY IN [REDACTED] SO "LURKERSCUM" IS PRETTY MUCH NULL.

Sun and Moon is a stupid wagon and those of you on it need to find the real scum. Or slip up yourselves, because these lurkerwagons have been OBVIOUSLY SCUMDRIVEN.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:02 am

In post 1084, Wraith wrote:Sun and Moon is a stupid wagon and those of you on it need to find the real scum. Or slip up yourselves, because these lurkerwagons have been OBVIOUSLY SCUMDRIVEN.

Who is scum then? Instead of posting this empty little "Don't hurt lurkers" fluff why don't you show WHO you think is the scum driving the wagons.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1084, Wraith wrote:A Sun and Moon lynch should not be considered based on what it is being considered now. NEWFLASH: WE DID A LURKERLYNCH DAY 1 AND MISLYNCHED. ALSO SUN AND MOON FLAKED ALREADY IN [REDACTED] SO "LURKERSCUM" IS PRETTY MUCH NULL.

Sun and Moon is a stupid wagon and those of you on it need to find the real scum. Or slip up yourselves, because these lurkerwagons have been OBVIOUSLY SCUMDRIVEN.

:roll:

What "lurkerwagons" have driven you to caps lawk?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:19 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

In post 1084, Wraith wrote:A Sun and Moon lynch should not be considered based on what it is being considered now. NEWFLASH: WE DID A LURKERLYNCH DAY 1 AND MISLYNCHED. ALSO SUN AND MOON FLAKED ALREADY IN [REDACTED] SO "LURKERSCUM" IS PRETTY MUCH NULL.

Sun and Moon is a hydra.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 1087, gandalf5166 wrote:

Sun and Moon is a hydra.

no wai. But how does this relate to my actual point?

And town lurkerlynched Peregrine Day 1, Empking, if you hadn't noticed. Which I did not support. Town is being derp right now.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1088, Wraith wrote:
In post 1087, gandalf5166 wrote:

Sun and Moon is a hydra.

no wai. But how does this relate to my actual point?

And town lurkerlynched Peregrine Day 1, Empking, if you hadn't noticed. Which I did not support. Town is being derp right now.

Wow, an entire one.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Meaning Sun and Moon flaking in another game is irrelevant. I know I've seen Amrun active elsewhere.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Moi, I'm actually really surprised you aren't leading the hounds of hell onto me this game -.- (Magicians etc.)

Wraith
Can you show an example of your anti-lurker lynching mentality from the past?
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

(It is further proof of town alignment if they post elsewhere on the site while totally ignoring this game)

??????????
????????????????????
?????????

Hell no
you were in atomic
you don't actually believe this
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Atomic Mafia
Flash Mafia 3
two examples of almost purelurker hunt wins.
yeah
FLASH OF GREEN
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Amrun »

I'm trying to get CSL to agree to just let me replace in as myself. It will be a lot easier that way. He's avoiding me or something, though, I guess.

And for the record, we flaked out of nothing. I don't know where that came from. We were modkilled in [redacted] because only one head was posting (take a wild guess which one it was).

So I've been in discussion on how I'm going to proceed with this game with Plum and CSL.

Not sure how Atomic Mafia was a lurkerhunt win at all, though, Ellibereth. Flash Mafia I'll give you, though.

I have my notes here... Working on this now.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Amrun »

I'm sorry, but with my current workload/illness, 44 pages of content is a LOT and I'm struggling. I've been chipping a little bit each day.

I signed up as a hydra because I didn't have time...
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 1083, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MoS wrote:Did you not play in / read / research the signup thread for this game?

Ok, so not willing to answer the question and attempt to deflect noted. Why is that?

I *did* answer the question. I didn't deflect at all.

Were you or were you not aware of how Seraphs have operated in the past games?

See above.

MoS wrote:It's not going out of my way to say things that need to be brought up. That doesn't mean I want to spend all my time in this game arguing about them. Persistence is the problem here, and that wasn't remotely my fault. Unless you're suggesting that I should have simply ignored the questions being directed at me so you could attack me for doing so?

The huge issue I have is that you aren’t bringing up / discussing anything that is remotely scum-hunting related. Jester talk is all game theory and your “I don’t think we should trust MoI’s info” is at worst pointless fluff (since you can’t provide a reasonable reason why I’d stand to gain anything by doing so) and at worst scum seeking to undermine the information coming into thread.

1) Why do you think game theory is unimportant? Game theory is the very thing that drives logical mafia play, and it's an integral part of the game. It's ridiculous that you would try to say we should ignore game theory or that discussing it is scummy. Talking about game theory in a way that does not apply to your reads is scummy. Game theory itself is not inherently scummy. The possibility that gandalf was a jester has actually implications on how I read him and handled that situation. If I didn't think he was a jester, I would have tried to lynch him. My comments regarding the jester business went directly to explaining why I was not voting him and did not think he was a good lynch.

2) How do you not understand what a person stands to gain by having everyone sheep the hell out of them all game? God, I wish IS was here so he could talk some sense into you people.

MoS wrote:Me neither, obviously, or I would have said something by now.

Not buying it. Lack of scum-hunting is 100% due to you.

Into the scum-pool with you MoS ....

What, you expect me to make something up to please you? Lawl.
Permanent V/LA.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Now I'm not a monster nor a monster slayer but I thought that a hydra, not just having teeth, had multiple heads with multiple mouths that could make multiple words.

Why would one head sticking itself in the dirt trying to find china stop the other one?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 1091, Ellibereth wrote:Moi, I'm actually really surprised you aren't leading the hounds of hell onto me this game -.- (Magicians etc.)

Wraith
Can you show an example of your anti-lurker lynching mentality from the past?

You want META of me being anti-lurker? Sorry, can't really provide that for you because I'm lazy, but I'm very confident I've fought against a lurkerlynch is some past game before. Lurkers are easy targets. Very few lurkerwagons are worth following. Read: Not scumdriven.
Show

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Not sure how Atomic Mafia was a lurkerhunt win at all, though, Ellibereth.

Moi says it best
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3391474

Wraith, You're wrong.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”