Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1147, MrTrow wrote:
Lets see what we have:
In post 1111, Cephrir wrote:Since when am I one of your suspects, Trow?

uhm lets see what someone you do listen to has to say about this
In post 1083, thunderwielder wrote:Post 867 MR TROW: This is the first time he deviates from Maruchan. ISO #21. Just thought I'd note it.

Who did you replace again?

I didn't realize this was still held over from Maruchan, considering you haven't mentioned me (or much of anyone for that matter) as scummy a single time since I replaced in. You really can't go THAT long without mentioning your top suspicion and expect people to remember. Still, the fact that you didn't bring it up again until I voted for you is scummy. Also, in a LYLO situation, there is no way we should have had to go this long without knowing who you would vote for when it came down to it.

In post 1107, MrTrow wrote:

Or to be 'more hands on':
In post 1115, Cephrir wrote:"Someone is assuming RB will fail". This implies that he knows there IS one.

This is absolute BS, there is no way i can imply that i know that
THERE IS A ROLEBLOCKER
, while accusing someone of
KNOWING THERE ISN`T A ROLEBLOCKER

You can, actually. I know that your intention was to accuse someone else of knowing there was a roleblocker. The way you phrased the first part of your accusation did exactly what you describe. I'm not going to bother expounding on this any further, everyone else has seen it and already formed an opinion of whether it was a slip, and it really doesn't matter whether you understand the logic. It's not like that's the sole, or even primary, reason for lynching you. At least not in my book.

I won't comment on the rest at the moment because most of it is directed at thunder, and I can't really answer for maru's actions although I have tried to some extent, and most importantly I have to get up in 6 hours. But I will say that it looks to be as filled with craplogic and sentences that don't actually make any sense as most of your other posts.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Trow, I've already actually addressed most of the things you've said. And nothing above actually contains scum points. And even if Maruchan/Cephrir is confirmed scum (there's still the possibility that Maruchan/Cephrir is scum, and I'm starting to think more of a possibility due to Trow's now trying to bus--if they're both scum and both bussing each other, that's a definite way to try and keep one of them alive long enough to win), again nothing you've written up there can point me out as scum either. You're really grasping at straws here.

Let's look at your "connection case" between two players who are yet unconfirmed--more specifically what you've brought up that I have written.
Link 1) You point out that I am calling for out of the box thinking, because we keep on lynching towns - Scum points? No.
Link 2) You put a link to me saying we still need to think about other possibilities, although I don't want the scum to get away. You also point out a place where Mothrax was a L-1 and Maruchan was... at 2 votes... I don't see a link between myself and Maruchan's slot. I see a link between myself and Mothrax's slot. Even still, how is reiterating my point = me having evil intentions? Scum points? Nope, not this one either.
Link 3) Tragedy brought up the point that I was disproving Mothrax's theory about Maruchan. I explained that it was Mothrax's largest contribution to the game thus far, and I was making sure it wasn't bogus but he had good reasoning and wasn't just jumping on opportunistically on wagons. Investigating Mothrax to see if he's scummy = Scum points? Nope, wrong again.

Aaand, the Maruchan quote about blacklisting... I can also read it as "I have Thunderwielder as a townie, and I believe with him that you are scum. So don't get in a huge huff about it, if his accusations are hurting your feelings."
Saying this quote cements "Thunder/Maruchan" scum buddies is reaching. Reaching over the Grand Canyon. Read the argument between Glowball and I again. It was filled with over-emotion on her part, and she started claiming to blacklist me for really no reason other than I was attacking her, and, since she was town, she believed I was an idiot and never wanted to play with me again.

So the sum total of that "connection case" equals.... well, pretty much nothing. And that's even HYPOTHETICALLY in a world where Cephrir is scum (which very well could be true).

Moving on

You case against me solely. (not sure why this one didn't come before the Cephrir/Thunder connecting case--interesting that the two most vocal people about your case are now scumpartners--I know you had Cephrir down before, but still.
What's also interesting is that, when you start going about to paint me as scum, you start with a connecting case between someone who might be bussing you. Do you know Cephrir is scum, which is why you started out this way? Wow, you and Tragedy DO have a lot in common
)

Actually, I'm not sure if this is a case against me (or if you have one other than my pretended connections with Maruchan/Cephrir), but I'll address your points.

1) Okay, I'm not basing my entire case upon you for the slip that I didn't think was a slip and now I'm re-investigating. But that's what you do when people flip ways that you don't expect them to flip. You
re-
investigate
. So I was following up leads, also based upon the 50% chance. And seeing how you reacted. Which has given me more cause to believe that you are scum--reactionfishing, it's a wonderful thing. (No, my sole purpose was not reactionfishing, but it is a very useful by-product)
2) You say self-preservation. I say defensiveness. Not defensiveness in a productive way, but defensiveness in a way that just consists of lashing out. It reads to me more like "Oh, shit, I thought we put that thing to bed, why are people dragging it out again" in a way that's like you're caught, rather than in a way that's bored. Basically, you're reacting too much to it. If it meant nothing (if you were town), you would have brushed it off as if it were nothing. The fact that you KEPT harping about it, means something to me.
3)Thanks for giving me town-cred. But no thanks for mis-representing my case. My case is NOT centred around that single fact. More of it has to do with probabilities.
Which you keep conveniently forgetting to address.
You're focusing SO HARD on the weaker points against you that you're hoping everyone will forget there is a
DEFINITE 50% chance you're scum
. We can't make that up. Either Saulres protected the right person, or Supreme Overlord thought correctly in picking the least active player at the time to roleblock. And since Saulres didn't breadcrumb anything, and we have Quilford's word, I know what I'm putting my money on. ESPECIALLY in a Lynch or Lose situation, I'm going to use every statistical advantage I can in order for us to see another day.

I'm talking about two sort of traps that I tried to do. One was to use you as bait, if you were town, to reaction fish (This one was never put into action, but I was thinking it. Hence my Post 1056 Check my first Newbie game, with Chkflip and Workdawg interactions near the end, pertaining to h3ll0. That's exactly what I was trying to do here, since I've never been in another Lylo, I was drawing from what I know. Anyway, that was one).
THE OTHER was, after you went on about "How do you know I'm not the roleblocker" after our roleblocker had already claimed, to get you (as scum) to miss that vital information and fake claim, so I could catch you in a lie.
"Who's going to buy that?"
Who's going to buy why you were talking out of your butt saying "How do you know I'm not the roleblocker? Give me PROOF--BEFORE post 1027, mind you" when Quilford's claim was in post 1024. Yup. I did believe you were that silly. You talking about the roleblocking today is more of a point that it was yesterday (but again, you've conveniently overlooked that and focused on the easily dismissible).

Oh, and your two links are just as bogus as any of the rest of your "case" against me.
Link 1) I suspect Tragedy and you, and tell both of you to counter claim. Correct. No misrepresentation there. Also, Scum Points? Nope, wrong again.
Link 2) (this was also put here so Amrun wouldn't blow my whole friggin trap) Check your timeframe. EVERYBODY had claimed. So, yup, you're the only one left. The only one who I suspected enough to push this on, especially after you said "How do you know I'm not the roleblocker--give me knowledge of this after post 1027" With Quilford already claiming.
And "timing was Tragedy specific"... really? Tragedy claimed Vanilla Townie, AGAIN, in the post after your first link. I didn't even need to work to find out how terrible your logic was.

So, Mr. Trow. I'll ask again. Are there any other reasons that I'm now your suspect, other than OMGUS. And because I'm your most vocal attacker? Anything at all?.... Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Most logical scumteam
Mr.Trow/Tragedy/Cephrir (Cephrir inches out everyone else because of potential bussing on both sides.
If it was really crazy, it could go
Mr. Trow/Cephrir/Hoppster (I think this scenario is less likely, but who knows. I'm getting weird vibes from Hoppster, but that might just be because he seems to be defending Trow so much).

Either way, my vote's going to be on Trow right now.
But thanks for the large post, Trow (actually). I really like responding to stuff. Bogus as it may be.

PEdit.
Eh, I dislike the first part of the response, but like the second.
First part still feels like it could be bussing, second part seems genuine and makes me doubt my read of the first part.
That's all I'm going to read into about it today, because it's 2:30 in the morning.
Show
W:
L:
Town (2:1)
Mafia (1:0)
Oh, would that this hoodie were a time hoodie!

---Scammers on craigslist don't realize I play Mafia... What scum...
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:34 am

Post by MrTrow »

Quick responses from work:

@Amrun: That you considered RoboThor obv-town because the 2 of you seem to think alike is fine.
your 'INTERESTING' @ RB-claim, read like you considered it a reason to doubt the RB-claim is not
as the fact that the 2 of you seem to think alike doesn`t make everyone else consider him obv-town.
(this was intended as clarification for my question, the rest of the point is mute now, with RT- confirmed and Quilford 'not-countered' by all)

@Cephrir:
Did delta make a statement that could reasonably be read as: he assumed the roleblock would fail (as in there will not be a succesful one)?
Is it logically possible he 'assumed' this because he 'knew' there was no-one who could even try?
Did he actually know this?

And now 'the big one': Does a 'no' on question 3 have any impact on answering question 1 with a truthful 'yes'

@Thunder:
True the N1-RB does make me the logical most likely scum for all non-scumhunters
Also true:
Your statement about 'counterclaims' was to trap is total BS, as your 'since we know he`s not the roleblocker' is just 1 counter-example:
You want scum to counter-claim: but you don`t want me to claim RB or anyone else (At the moment amrun askes tragedy 'are you counterclaiming (come on)') to counter-claim at all

You used the RB-numbers as an answer to 'explain the slip' hiding the detail you can`t explain the slip: BECAUSE there is no slip

As for the connection case:
You steer town in a different direction the moment maru had a (near) 50% likeliness of being the next lynch.
However when that chance has severely dropped you want us to 'not forget the original heading'
Did this combination save Maru`s life: it probably did.

It was 'discredit the witness is a decent tactic':
'discredit the witness' is a scum defence.
'discredit the evidence' is a town one.
a sincere 'please calm down, he`s not an evil person' is not a response one would give to lying scum.
By the way, your mum says hello.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

Trow wrote:@Cephrir:
Did delta make a statement that could reasonably be read as: he assumed the roleblock would fail (as in there will not be a succesful one)?
Is it logically possible he 'assumed' this because he 'knew' there was no-one who could even try?
Did he actually know this?

And now 'the big one': Does a 'no' on question 3 have any impact on answering question 1 with a truthful 'yes'

1. yes
2. I don't understand this question
3. no, obviously
4. No
My own question: Does any of this have any bearing on whether you scumslipped?
5. Nope!

I don't know why everyone suddenly thinks I'm bussing. Is this based purely on my 'slip'? If it isn't, I'd like a case I can answer to because we need to not lynch me tomorrow. IF THERE IS A TOMORROW. See, if I typed that out the way I normally would, and in fact absolutely did at first, you'd be on me for 'slipping' again, even though this is actually just the way I type when I'm pretty sure about something. Oy vey.
Bartleby the Scrivener
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:42 am

Post by MrTrow »

rephrase of Nr 2: could one without additional knowledge about 'which powers are in play' conclude a possible scumslip based on 'the statement' in line 1?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yes. I'm not saying that the pointing out of the scumslip was a scumslip. I'm talking about the way you put the first part of it. It's not the action itself that was a slip, but the way you did it. Getting pretty tired of trying to explain this.
Bartleby the Scrivener
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:14 am

Post by thunderwielder »

In post 1152, MrTrow wrote:
@Thunder:
True the N1-RB does make me the logical most likely scum for all non-scumhunters
Also true:
1)
Your statement about 'counterclaims' was to trap is total BS, as your 'since we know he`s not the roleblocker' is just 1 counter-example:
You want scum to counter-claim: but you don`t want me to claim RB or anyone else (At the moment amrun askes tragedy 'are you counterclaiming (come on)') to counter-claim at all

2)
You used the RB-numbers as an answer to 'explain the slip' hiding the detail you can`t explain the slip: BECAUSE there is no slip

As for the connection case:
3)
You steer town in a different direction the moment maru had a (near) 50% likeliness of being the next lynch.
However when that chance has severely dropped you want us to 'not forget the original heading'
Did this combination save Maru`s life: it probably did.

4)
It was 'discredit the witness is a decent tactic':
'discredit the witness' is a scum defence.
'discredit the evidence' is a town one.
5)
a sincere 'please calm down, he`s not an evil person' is not a response one would give to lying scum.

I need to quote this, or I'll get confused answering here.

1) Counterclaim trap - Albeit, it's not a very good trap, but that doesn't make it BS when I started thinking you weren't a good scum (for not reading Quilford's claim). I wanted scum to counterclaim--but I only thought you were the most likely to counterclaim. It wasn't a trap for all scum to fall into, it was something I wanted you or Tragedy to fall into. And since Tragedy claimed Vanilla Townie, and you seemed to not be reading the thread, I then focused my attention towards you. This is not unreasonable. I wanted you to claim roleblocker, and I put it out there in the space as a warning to Amrun to stop talking to Tragedy (who seemed to have missed Quilford's claiming post too, but had already claimed due to pressure).

2)Explaining the slip - I don't want to. I've explained my version of it, I've explained why I investigated into it again today (to leave no stone unturned, to figure out a starting point for the person who was roleblocked on the night we had No Kill). It has henceforth been beaten into the ground. But I'm not using the probabilities as the only reasoning behind it. Frankly, right now, I don't care if it was a slip or not. Hypothetically yes it's a slip, we catch you-perfect. Hypothetically no it's not a slip, your reactions to the increased pressure seem like Scum caught for the wrong reasons, Not Townie trying to dispel faulty information. I don't know how to define the difference (I already sort of have addressed this in my last post), but it's also a gut thing. One could argue the difference between the two is too similar to tell, but at this stage in the game, I have to trust what my gut is saying.

3)When you phrase it this way, I am able to see where you're coming from, but I'm further able to prove why you're incorrect.
a) This case is exactly the same as Lane's connecting case between Mothrax and Supreme Overlord. It doesn't have any value until the first of the pair turns up as scum. But I'll humour you.
b) If we look back at post 884, in the votecount we see that Mothrax was at 3 votes (Hopp, Amrun, Thunder) and Maruchan was at 2 (Mr. Trow, RoboThor). First of all, Maruchan's votecount remained the same until the end of the day. No more pressure was put his way, so I don't think we can call that "nearly". Second of all, if you look at the people who WEREN'T voting they are: Maruchan, Mothrax, and Supreme Overlord. Supreme Overlord being away on V/LA for three weeks, Mothrax in range of getting replaced--certainly not expected, although hoped, to contribute anything productive, and then there's Maruchan, who wouldn't vote for himself. So it's safe to assume that there was not going to be pressure thrown Maruchan's way any time soon either. Again, I don't think we can call that "nearly" either.
We were at a standstill. Hence my prompting to think outside the box.
c)This case links me in the exact same manner to Mothrax. Probably even more so.
d) Either I'm a super master manipulator, and created this ruse just to take the pressure off a suspect (one whom I STILL suspect, by the way--less, though, because of Cephrir--and I'm worried about a playstyle lynch), or this comment which you linked was really an effort to find all the scum, so we didn't just tunnel our way into a loss. You are arguing that only my actions contributed to a Mothrax/Delta lynch, when couldn't you also argue that Amrun's hammer was a way to save Maruchan, because she knew that people would start looking at him in a different light since Cephrir's replacement in and didn't want him to be targeted, so she ended the day early. That's just as bogus of a case, or with as little hard reasoning. Your speculations are being driven by my pressure on you, and you're flailing around to find anything to sling back at me.

@ Cephrir, my suspicions of you come from a connection case to Mr. Trow, in addition to Maruchan's previous erratic playstyle. Less from you bussing him, more from him bussing you. Sorry buddy.

4) Are you talking about Glowball here? And Maruchan's comment saying "Wait to blacklist him?" I'm not sure what you mean here.

5) Why not? I would, if it's interfering with the gameplay, which it was.

What I find amusing is that, if the above is in reference to Maruchan's comment about blacklisting (which I feel was as un-game-related as me telling you that I was sorry your day was bad the other day--he was telling her to move on and play the game, not to harp about how she wasn't going to play the game with someone as terrible as me and therefore end up NOT playing in the current game she was in), then all your points that you've brought up in response against me, have been making connections between two people who haven't flipped, and are therefore moot.
I say all your points, because I can understand where you're coming from in the last two (if I'm interpreted 4 correctly), because numbers 1 and 2 are misrepresentations or selective memories, and I am not giving them any weight, nor counting them in the "points agains Thunderwielder" category, since they are not.
Show
W:
L:

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

thunder wrote:your reactions to the increased pressure seem like Scum caught for the wrong reasons

This this this. I meant to say this before but I don't think I ever actually did.

thunderwielder wrote:@ Cephrir, my suspicions of you come from a connection case to Mr. Trow, in addition to Maruchan's previous erratic playstyle. Less from you bussing him, more from him bussing you. Sorry buddy.

You think his stupid OMGUS shenanigans indicate bussing? It seems to me more like exploding scum lashing out at me for catching him, same as he's doing to you. Unless you mean that he was bussing Maruchan, which I can see you assuming, because his case on Maruchan was so awful. Personally, of course, I think he just can't fake-scumhunt to save his life, and that case was so bad because he was just looking for a mislynch (it should say something, btw, that Maruchan was already considered relatively suspicious- I don't remember how likely his lynch looked at that point, but this may support the previous sentence). Being attacked for someone else's actions with regard to a predecessor is even more irritating than just being attacked for their actions. This reminds me why I used to never replace. >.<
Bartleby the Scrivener
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:07 am

Post by MrTrow »

Can anyone tell me how these 2:
MrTrow wrote:do you know we don`t have one?

In post 1115, Cephrir wrote:This implies that he knows there IS one.

are even remotely compatible?

In post 1115, Cephrir wrote:
MrTrow wrote: The latter suggests the existence of a roleblocker, and when he said it yesterday, it could also have been a roleblocker-slip, which is sort of what thunder is saying- but now we know he isn't, so it's suspicious.

Thunder could you clear this up please?
Did you indeed consider 'my slip' a scum or roleblock one?

(just noticed the first clue to the 2 of you not being linked so i would like an answer)

Spoiler: p-edit: Now this is a workable conversation, i like:
1. Still not buying it:
You claim to be after my fakeclaim, while our conversation pretty much started with you stating you won`t believe it.
Or did you really believe that:
In post 1027, thunderwielder wrote:Mr. Trow, since he isn't the roleblocker, could have made a slip yesterday. That, combined with Quilford's slot finding him suspicious enough to roleblock him twice,

In post 1033, thunderwielder wrote:So Trow and Tragedy... make your cases. OR counter claim Quilford.

these wouldn`t make me notice the claim?

Or were you refering to this?
In post 1062, thunderwielder wrote:Mr. Trow, I'd like to ask you a flat out question (since you seem not be reading the thread): are you the roleblocker? Or are you the cop? Are you one of these two roles, or are you vanilla townie? Because if you're one of the two roles, then all suspicion will fall from you and we can get along catching the scum, right?

Which was a result of a discussion about one of the posts above. (which means i have read that one, the question remains)

2: that was my point:
In post 1109, thunderwielder wrote:
In post 1107, MrTrow wrote:Lets see if i got this right.
- i am to be considered to have scumslipped by pointing to what i considered to be a possible slip, which other townies (right?) have also considered a possible slip just because it turned out to be wrong.

2) I am only now considering the comment as a slip, since the other slip turned out to be wrong and
more importantly
there's a 50% chance that you are scum (just based upon night actions alone), so I'm following up every lead I can and trying to see if there's scum motivation. I am not completely disregarding the fact that we were wrong about the other slip, but looking in to see if there's any value to the other side of the story. The defensiveness that is starting to present itself is making me think that there is value to the other side of the story.

You didn`t really explain 'the slip' and filed the 50% roleblock chance as an answer, which i read as an attempt to hide the fact you didn`t answer the question.

3:
I see 2 possible counters in this part (they can co-exist so i`ll just address both right now)
I called your push to both sides of your -out of the box thinking- request to be probably maru-saving = possibly intended as maru-saving.

a) connection-case, thus useless without a corresponding flip +
c1) links you to mothrax as much as to maru

i disagree with the useless (less usefull: true, completely useless when there aren`t that many townies left, not so much)
the location of this point:
After i called (and showed) cephrir`s case to be false (prob scum-driven), i checked connections with him
Yes you were a logical choice to check, you are driving the case as well, you however were not the center of my connection checks

b) read the votecount/complete situation @ start of 'the out of the box ploy' maru wasn`t in that much danger.
Well you`ve got a bit of a point here.
Tragedy however had her vote on Amrun and had called Amrun/mothrax/maruchan the likely team, so her vote could go either way.
SO was being replaced (thus could go either way).
You also managed to make the 2 wagons not eachother`s backup-option.
So i am willing to give you the 'it was less than 50%'(although there were only 2 candidates) and i admit the somewhat impass (which means there indeed exists a possible town-motivation for that action)

c2) links at least as much to mothrax: simply not true: the moment you shifted emphasis back to 'not letting them off the hook', mothrax was way more likely to be the lynch than maruchan was.

d) not really an argument, more of a conclusion. The point that is actually in there is the 'compare my actions to amrun`s'.
I`m not sure you really want me to do that, if you do, here goes:
- i cannot say the above about amrun.
- maru needed to be saved from cephrir= different light? (really, a non-maru light makes the slot look skummier?).
- there was no need to fake that hammer.

4/5)
Yes i am talking about glowball`s blacklist.
Maru called your (alleged) personal attacks toward glowball to hurt her play (and the rest of the thread) a reasonable play in a game of mafia.
(As long as he appologises post-game, it should be fine)
Thing about this is: It is a (dirty but) reasonable play, as scum: his argument only makes sense if you are scum.
And if he believes you to be scum, why isn`t he voting you?

And if he believed Glowball to be the 'lying scum' in this situation, his actions make even less sense.
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 am

Post by MrTrow »

tl;dr
1: not buying the counter-claim-trap
2: convenient formatting error (hiding the lack of an answer to 'the slip' debate)
3: town motivation for starting 'out of the box' is plausible, timing of ending it shatters potential mothrax-thunder- link the same action could be intended for though
4: maru called it a reasonable (scum) tactic, without calling scum.
5: why comfort a faked rage from lying scum?
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:04 am

Post by thunderwielder »

Cool cool cool. I'm happy for conversation. I'm happy that you're not just tunnelling, but you're listening. That's nice for a change (not with you, but with the general population of the town--those that have been lynched, anyway)

1) The first counterclaims calls (1027 and 1033) were more of a half-serious half-trying to prompt a false claim half-I didn't think it would really work but it was worth a shot thing. OR, if Quilford WAS actually lying for some reason unknown to me.
When I really started pursuing my plan was after this quote
In post 1061, MrTrow wrote:So either you have deduced i`m not the roleblocker by other means (if so please show me, using things prior to 1027 of course)or you have read my motivation for the delta-slip argument and thus know the base for 'my slip' is incorrect. (in which case, why are you using it?)

Un-game related, but did you know if you highlighted a chunk of text in a large paragraph and then pushed the quote button, it pops up only with that chunk of text? I never knew that, just found it out now. What a lovely feature

So after that post (1061) I thought to myself--holy moly, is this guy serious? That was easy, let's pursue this, and quickly, since he isn't reading the thread properly, or perhaps missed Quilford's claim since it was at the bottom of a page. After that, you can read my train of thought, but 1061 was where I felt the idea could actually come into fruition.

2) I can't really explain the slip. I knew I was grasping at straws, but I wanted to start grasping at something in your general vicinity, and since that was the most recent point brought against you by Quilford, who even voted for you after that, that's where I started it. The 50% comment was to justify my using it as a means to begin an investigation, and then I find the more intriguing bits to be your reactions to that supposed case. So the slip, in itself, doesn't mean much (I think I said this in my last post), but the reactions are what I was interested in more.

3) I don't think I said the word useless--I understand the value of figuring out tentative teams, I've been trying to do so myself. The only reason I brought up that the point was moot, is that I feel your only reasons to find me scummy are me attacking you and some tentative links to Maruchan's slot. I don't believe there has been anything inherently scummy in my play (because I'm the most delicious flavour of ice cream town), and I don't think you've pointed out scummy behaviour on my part, so I feel your whole case on me is directly connected to Maru's slot--which is why I feel it's moot at this current moment in time. I think you're spending more time trying to out me rather than your top suspect, which would out me, so that leads me to believe you could be bussing, and yet perhaps trying to orchastrate a lynch on me before your bus partner in order to win the game.
c) Okay, yeah, I know, and especially since I led the charge against Delta. I'm just saying that there's more reason in the first place that you linked for me to defend Mothrax, and in the second one, since I'm calling for out of the box thinking, in order for a Mothrax link to not happen, and then (in this scenario) leaving myself the out, so if Mothrax were to get lynched the next day, I could say "well, I was trying to get him lynched at L-1, but I decided to go with the majority of y'all" I'm saying it could apply to either, which devalues your linking case a bit.
d) it was a conclusion. I was using that example for emphasis, I didn't really think about the scenario, because I don't believe it exists, and I don't want to waste my time fabricating scenarios, but rather focus on the ones that are in front of me.

4) Okay, I get where you're coming from on this. I can understand the use of language. The only defence here I can say is that I was getting really frustrated (like, flushing furiously at the screen because of Glowball's insolence frustrated), and I'm sure Glowball was experiencing similar emotions for reasons I know not. It was a heated time, and everyone needed to calm down a lot. I had to refrain from posting on more than one occasion, because I knew it would just come out as emotion and I didn't want to escalate the situation any further. Where is that quote located? I was just rereading through, trying to put it in context, but I can't seem to find it. However, if you'll read the argument between Glowball and myself again, you'll find that Amrun was also saying "Thunder is not insulting you, just relax." I feel this is Maruchan's way of telling Glowball to relax. That's what I get out of my interpretation.

5) Because she was tunnelling so hard, and being extremely obstinate, and wasn't doing anything. She wasn't giving out her reads, which, if she had turned out to be scum, would have been useful in terms of tracking down the other scum. Oh dear, re-reading those pages brings back such fond memories...
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:07 am

Post by thunderwielder »

QUILFORD. More input please. As much as that cheer was great, the amount of words in it definitely trumps your contribution over the last couple of pages. Buddy, you're our only confirmo town, and I'm going to listen to you. So speak whatever is on your mind.

Tragedy, your posts are becoming more and more confusing. Next time please answer without a hee heha ahah. I don't get it. Or maybe you could explain it to me? In words other than lame role is lame.

Hoppster, I also value your opinion. Slip aside, can you prove to me why Mr. Trow is town?
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:09 am

Post by thunderwielder »

Could everybody else also supply their hypothetical votes?

Trow (3): Me, Amrun, Cephrir
Cephrir (1): Mr. Trow

Is the above correct? Trow, are you still on Cephrir, or is it a vote for me now?

Tragedy, Hoppster - I'd like some definitie positions right now. Both of you are a little too loosy goosy for me.

Quilford, a position from you would be great, but for different reasons, which is why you're on a different line.
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:26 am

Post by thunderwielder »

Re-reads are wonderful things

(Question, that's not really game related, but Hoppster, could explain what you meant when you came in saying "Spoilers, doing it wrong." Just curious)

Also, in my re-read, I realized two things.
1) We've yet to lynch scum
More importantly 2) this means we've been focussing on the wrong people, right? Especially early in the game?
So 2.5) I have to assume that the scum were flying under the radar--
and
3) this further emphasizes my suspicions of Tragedy and Trow.
also
4)I know it wasn't two things, but I just got carried away with the numbers.

Sorry for posting so much. I don't really have a life right now... actually, I should be out there living it, but.. what can you do, eh?
Show
W:
L:

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1158, MrTrow wrote:Can anyone tell me how these 2:
Cephrir wrote:This implies that he knows there IS one.
are even remotely compatible?

Did you really just do that? You got upset with people for only looking at the first part of your slip-sentence, then you not only conveniently leave out the part that was being discussed, you also quote me out of context? Is that really what you're going with?
Bartleby the Scrivener
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:49 am

Post by MrTrow »

Thunder, would your answers to the questions you missed (those above the spoiler) be the one that logically follow from the responses you did make, or can i expect an explicit answer in the near future?

Back to the discussion:
Lets see if i got it:

1: The counterclaim call was never really serious except for that 1 time you took my problems with yout 1027 attempt as 'not reading at all'.
2: Your slip-argument is not that much better as i make it out to be, but it was the best you had to try the above.
3: useless/moot, i think we shouldn`t get into a definition-debate like the 'is there fun in 'poking fun' '-thing but about the actual point:
- yes part of the case on you is by connection: with cephrir as, the first i want to lynch and lylo, it makes sense to take him as confirmed scum for the rest of the analysis
- and yes the rest of the case is indeed your attack on me: NOT the fact that you are attacking me, but the fact you are attacking someone, based on a case i didn`t think you could possibly have that much fate in.
Pushing such a case might work, but at the expence of some serious town-credit.
Considering that, if it works you have no need for town-cred, it is a very reasonable move, if you are scum.

4: i understand the frustration at that point (i avoided voting glowball after the initial skim to not feed the flame until i finished the reread to make sure it was warranted), my maru-link point was the following
In post 263, Maruchan wrote:Wait to blacklist him until post-game please? People play to win, and sometimes that means
attacking the integrity of other players
. Its a part of the game. Don't take it personal, unless he fails to apologize post-game.

Town attacks the integrity of cases.
Scum attacks the integrity of players.
There is no town-motivation in doing anything that warrants a post-game appology (it was D1 so the exception of 'PR-(prob) guilty on a very town-looking player' also couldn`t apply)

My vote is still on Cephrir.
I`m still not completely sold on your story (there probably are things in the above you don`t agree with, if not there still are some issues)
but the last few post have earned you a more-town status (you`re still my nr2 scum, but closer to 3 than to 1).

p-edit @ Cephrir:

My point:

Cephrir wrote:he knows there IS one.
Are mutually exclusive
therefore there is no way
In post 1003, MrTrow wrote:Someone is assuming RB-will fail: why, do you know we don`t have one?
these are compatible.

Does the above version (falsely implying absolute certainty from your end) look better?
Can you now be bothered to disprove that statement, or actually present a case?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Hoppster »

oh god so many walls

cba to go through and find the relevant bits to rebuke re: MrTrow's "slip"

so I'll just knock something off the top of my head

if you respond to this, please do it in a pretty colour or something that stands out, ta.

soooo

the slip

In post 1003, MrTrow wrote:Someone is assuming RB-will fail: why, do you know we don`t have one?

from what I gather in my liberal skimming and overzealous use of my 'Page Dn' key, the gist of this scumslip is "heehee he admitted there is a roleblocker" - in reference to where he suggests DeltaWave assumes that roleblocker will fail.

my response: um, it's not a scumslip?

sometimes I amaze myself with my eloquence

I really just don't understand how you CAN see this as a scumslip when it's completely not. I mean, I can see what your basis is, but in context it's just super-obviously not a scumslip and I don't know how to explain it because it's just so obvious.

yes, arguably upon isolation, in the first part he seems to have inside knowledge suggesting that there is a roleblocker

but with context it's CLEARLY a hypothetical situation with the Roleblocker he's talking about.

P-Edit:
In post 1165, MrTrow wrote:
Cephrir wrote:he knows there IS one.
Are mutually exclusive
therefore there is no way
these are compatible.

or this, this works as well

atm I am really not too bothered about who gets lynched tbqh

town-read on Amrun, Quilford is obviously conftown now

the rest of you have slowly slid to similar-ish levels

Tragedy's slot remains suspicious thanks to Mist

thunder and Cephrir have both REALLY been pushing that MrTrow slip way too hard and have both seriously damaged their image in my eyes

MrTrow is spectacularly null. I'm not claiming a town-read on him by any means, but yeah, his slip is totally not a slip. Feels like he could be town being messily pushed for the winning mislynch, but idrk.

I apologise for being vague, but I'm terrible at lylo/mylo.

This is actually probably my best town lylo/mylo yet. for srs.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Listen. This slip thing. I don't even care about it. I know it seems like I do, because I keep talking about it, but really I'm just being argumentative because that's how I roll. I'll be happy to just pretend to concede the point, even though I actually don't, if it means we can move on to something that is actually relevant, because it's a pretty small part of the reason I want to lynch MrTrow. So on the note of not talking about it anymore, in other news:

Hoppster wrote:atm I am really not too bothered about who gets lynched tbqh

Um, what?
Bartleby the Scrivener
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Oh sorry, this one?

In post 1158, MrTrow wrote:Thunder could you clear this up please?Did you indeed consider 'my slip' a scum or roleblock one?

Uhm, it didn't really matter to me. But it didn't make any sense for Quilford to not be roleblocker after his claim, so then it became scum.

In response to you
1) yup
2)Yup
2/3) To be honest, I was more reactionfishing than anything (if you don't believe me, look to my second newbie game--I did pretty much the same thing to AurorusVox, to see if he'd crack, except he turned up town). And that's why I'm still suspecting you. Although your last points of discussion have I feel done the same thing to you as has happened with me (in your eyes). You've become less scummy, or apparently so. I still can't shake the defensive quality to your first response to my pressure, though (on top of the added 50%).
3 continued) yeah, okay, useless/moot is debatable. But I find moot to mean "subject to debate, uncertainty" and useless to mean "without measure." That's my difference between the two words.
4) The thing that matters here is do YOU believe my case against Glowball was attacking the integrity of her, or the integrity of how she was playing this game. Maruchan has his opinion, but that does not mean it is true, nor what I was doing. I never attacked her integrity as a person, but attacked how she was playing the game and how it was scummy and detrimental to the town. If you can point out specific points where that's not the case, I'll give you this point--but I guarantee you're not going to find any. That's why her rudeness towards me shocked me, and I'm sure that's how she felt at the time (as though I was attacking her personally), but I made it very clear throughout my investigation, that I was not.

@hoppster
thunder and Cephrir have both REALLY been pushing that MrTrow slip way too hard and have both seriously damaged their image in my eyes

Least I've been doing something. What are you contributing to the table? I've been trying to shake things up, considering everything we've done so far hasn't worked at all. If you're confused about reads, why don't you throw out some questions that'll help you figure things out? Instead of just doing nothing.

There can't be four scum, buddy, so you're going to have to figure something out.
Show
W:
L:

MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:09 am

Post by MrTrow »

In post 1167, Cephrir wrote:it's a pretty small part of the reason I want to lynch MrTrow.

Very well: present your case.

@Thunder:
4: Actually the answer is NO on both accounts:
No i do not (nor did i ever) believe you were attacking Glowball`s integrity
No that is also not the point that matters: The point is Maru did and didn`t attack you for it.

2 / 3 )
thunderwielder wrote:I was more reactionfishing than anything
.. And that's why I'm still suspecting you ....
I still can't shake the defensive quality to your first response to my pressure

Care to explain what was wrong with it?

Mainly the initial response you`re talking about.

Cause at the moment i see the following:
- You attacked me with a case i didn`t think you could possibly believe yourself
- I counter the case (initially in 3 lines, written out upon request)
- You keep up the 'slip case' (with a lot of support from cephrir)
- I attack you for pushing a case 'you can`t possibly believe yourself' (while having some spare town-cred and in lylo)
- Your counter: OMGUS
- Cephrir keeps up the 'slip-case' and the OMGUS (with the statement i never called his slot scummy since he replaced in (false b.t.w.) )
- We actually talk about it resulting in you admitting you indeed didn`t buy your own case to begin with.(was mainly reaction fishing)
- Cephrir drops 'ths slip case' (without considering to have 'lost it')

Which leads me to:

- Thunder did push a case he didn`t believe in, as a player with town-cred in lylo. defended by 'i was reaction fishing'
- Cephrir pushed the same case as 'an actual believer' but drops it the moment he`s on his own.

So yeah, i`m still not completely sold on thunder (he flat out admitted to my case (short of the motivation)).
It`s somewhat consistent both ways

Cephrir however is opportunistic with his case and yet has to present the 'new one'

hypo-vote stays
would like cases by cephrir and amrun
content of any kind by tragedy
hoppster = prob-town (laying low a bit longer would probably have gotten me lynched)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'll give you the tl;dr version, at least for now. In no particular order:

1) Never scumhunting until maybe today. Not counting your 'case' on Maruchan because:
2) Maruchan case sucked, sounded like trying too hard to find him scummy. Like seriously, read post 669. And then 697 is just a bunch of quotes that somehow add up to a case, the only moderately scummy thing he does is suggest there may be a doc in what he LABELS as a hypothetical scenario.
2b) You've also stuck to it since mid-day two when you replaced in. You seem to stop suspecting me when I replace in and move your vote to DeltaWave, then today suddenly it pops up again after basically not mentioning me day 3.
3) Your reads up until today have been pretty much the same as everyone else's at all times, and you say almost nothing that hasn't been said before. Most big catchup posts are more summary than content as though you expect others to pick out what is scummy for you.
4) Defending Tragedy.
5) The slip. Again, this is a relatively minor point.
6) The roleblock on you.
7) Process of elimination, because I feel pretty strongly about my town reads on thunder and Amrun. It's possible Hoppster could be town in place of one of them, but I'm not seeing one of them AND Hoppster being scum.

Also my dropping it now has nothing to do with thunder, due to lack of time I've barely been skimming his posts.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

Meant to add to the last sentence: I'm just sick to death of arguing a point that isn't even that important, about which neither of us can possibly win the argument. You see it one way and I see it another, it's that simple and it's not going to change. We'll never know if it was a scumslip for certain until you flip.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Tragedy »

In post 1166, Hoppster wrote:Tragedy's slot remains suspicious thanks to Mist

Seriously, Hoppy, I'm suspicious because of whatever the hell Mist did? That'd probably indicate that Mist didn't like playing town or something.
Jeez, I hate getting VT over and over a bit, but me being scum would've been a bit more reactively worse, I guess.

Everyone seems so opportunistic on lynching MrTrow and/or I, amazing, no?

I think Hoppy/MrTrow would be possible scumbuddies, especially when Trow mentioned
"hoppster = prob-town (laying low a bit longer would probably have gotten me lynched)"

But then I wouldn't know who to fit there as the 3rd scum buddy, but whatever. I don't even know if you're even really town or scum now.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Xalxe »

Votecount 4.2: The "5 Days Until Deadline" Votecount

Not Voting (7): Amrun, MrTrow, Cephrir, Hoppster, Quilford, Tragedy, thunderwielder

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline:
October 14, 4:54am ((expired on 2011-10-14 04:54:00))

Only one person is in prod range. And it's me. Whoops.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1169, MrTrow wrote:hoppster = prob-town (laying low a bit longer would probably have gotten me lynched)

What theh hell is this comment?

No case from me, sorreeeeee

thunder and cephrir are town, you are scummiEST, and you were rb n1 when there was no kill.

You've been playing reactively. Nothing in your iso makes me think you are town.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”