Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Junpei »

I'm not sure as to how to respond to most of that post, but I can respond to the final paragraph.

If you had asked me for my thought process on the spring lynch vote, then I would have done the very same thing. I did not post this immediately because it was not something I had written up, rather things that I had noticed. I also believe that you are over-complicating the way in which I posted my analysis. It is a list of points, not a convoluted thought process by any means.

As for my stances on the Vi/Riggs/Ace shenanigans, I did give some stances, although they were more scumhunting statements other than definitive statements. But there isn't too much to take a stance on. As far as I can see, this is all just setup speculation, and really we have nothing more to go on than what is being funneled from Ace, Vi, and GNR. There is not much to go on, and I would not like to act upon the mechanical events that have been claimed to have transpired.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Vi »

In post 900, Junpei wrote:As for my stances on the Vi/Riggs/Ace shenanigans, I did give some stances, although they were more scumhunting statements other than definitive statements. But there isn't too much to take a stance on. As far as I can see, this is all just setup speculation, and really we have nothing more to go on than what is being funneled from Ace, Vi, and GNR. There is not much to go on, and I would not like to act upon the mechanical events that have been claimed to have transpired.
Amrun 899 wrote:In the ace/vi/riggs mess, he never commented on it, really, to give STANCES. He just showed a keen interest in roles and left conclusions up in the air. Pretty scummy.
:?

Crab Canon 895 wrote:let's look at it this way: unicorns and moonbeams
*wants to be with you and make believe with you*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Luxury
Luxury
Townie
Luxury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Luxury »

I don't like this Anxiety lynch at all to be honest, his attitude and early claim both read as town-tells.

Jumpei, the only three possibilies of occurences from last night are 1) Mafia shot Sotty and there's no SK/Vig 2) SK shot Sotty and mafia shot Vi/were roleblocked or 3) Vig shot Sotty and mafia shot Vi/were roleblocked. I don't see mafia shooting Sotty which rules out 1, I don't believe there's a vig which rules out 3 leaving 2 (Or Scenario A so to speak) to be the most likely occurance.

Vi, I'm more than happy with a Riggs lynch but there seems to be a lack of support for it, though to be honest there seems to be a lack of support for a Locke lynch as well so I may change back but there's plenty of time until the deadline so I see no particular reason to rush. I would ask if you can give Ace a note/post about your thoughts on our Riggs-SK and 2 of Amrum/Jumpei/Locke-Scum theory.

Anxiety, Locke isn't a null-read at all, I've played with Locke-Town before and it's nothing like this at all furthermore Shift put it best earlier when he said that Locke is just agreeing with the popular decision in his posts.

Crab, I would love an explanation behind your Locke town read along with the rest of your reads when you're done sorting out your disagreement.
This is a hydra of Shift and whoever he feels like hydraing with at the time.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Vi »

Luxury 902 wrote:I don't like this Anxiety lynch at all to be honest, his attitude and early claim both read as town-tells.
*nods*

In post 902, Luxury wrote:I would ask if you can give Ace a note/post about your thoughts on our Riggs
*nods!*
-SK
:neutral:
and 2 of Amrum/Jumpei/Locke-Scum theory.
*nods*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Vi »

In post 903, Vi wrote:
In post 902, Luxury wrote:I would ask if you can give Ace a note/post about your thoughts on our Riggs
*nods!*
-SK
:neutral:
*waggles hand one way*
*waggles hand other way*

*waggles hand first way*

*waggles hand other way*

*waggles hand first way*

*waggles hand other way*

*throws both hands up*
*gets rope*
:D
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Vi wrote:LOL 853.

I don't know about you but I'd rather take my chances with Riggs than Anxiety. I know I've said I wave a white flag and cry when I draw scum, but this is Riggs almost literally doing so inthread.

I'd rather go with Riggs today since 4nxi3ty's claim doesn't read scum to me.

Unvote: Vote:Guy_Named_Riggs

Still haven't done any indepth stuff on players not named 4nxi3ty or GNR, but nothing has caught my eye recently either.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Amrun »

Vi, funny you shoulud talk of moonbeams...

Luxury's posts are so OUT THERE that I don't know if scum would be that off the wall or not, but I have a hard time seeing that come from town either.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

Incoming wall. Apologies in advance...

Salures - major noob feel. Whether that is from town or scum is difficult to tell. He OMGUSed us really hard there, which looked like a terrible knee jerk reaction. He also doesn't seem to know what his reads were from Day 1, which suggests they may have been fabricated or he's just completely not paying attention to this game.

Ace - He has been forthcoming with his information today, which is good. If he was neighborizing scum, he would have been less prone to do this. Vi has a town read on him as well from QT interactions, which is even better. Juls had a strong scum read on him day one, but we both have a strong townread on Vi and we're willing to let that ride for now.

Amrun - Felt very town on D1 to both of us, today not as much. Juls feels she has some town meta similar to her play in Speed Mafia, Baltar doesn't find her to avoid the thread as town. Either way, we both think the fact that she took so long to give a Junpei case was weak. I had only asked for the bullet points, but she went back and quoted herself. Kind of makes me (Baltar) feel like she couldn't recite the case off the top of her head. I think town players should always be able to quickly rattle off a few reasons why they want a scummy player lynched...especially someone they have been going after relentlessly all game. Amrun seemingly was incapable of doing this. She said she had other matters to attend to, but had time to post frequently in GD/F62. Quick case should have been quick, imo. Juls is very deadset on Amrun being town though. Our overall read will remain in the town category.

Junpei - Juls feels very strongly that Junpei is scum because of the stuff from her earlier post analysis. VP isn't as sold on this. We both think he's being lazy. He's on the back foot a lot and spends more time defending himself than hunting scum. From Juls: "This does not feel like the Junpei-town I played with in his Newbie game. He can say he's turned over a new leaf all he wants but his posting is too docile and his scum-hunting is not aggressive. I would probably stake money on him being scum." Gonna put him in the scum category.

GNR - This is another slot we are having a hard time getting on the same page about. D1, Baltar thought he was mostly noob town and Juls thought he was scum. D2, Baltar voted him initially after being swayed by Juls' arguments, and to apply pressure on Vi's QT scumread. QT scumreads are powerful because it is difficult to hide your intentions in close quarters like that. Juls lost some interest in GNR today, finding him noob town. We looked at some of his other ongoing games (Newbie 1153, Mini 1230 and Newbie 1153 (completed)). Have to say he's a tough read. There are times when he looks pretty competent and is pressuring people. Other times (such as 1153) he is completely lost and gets emotional (voting himself). It is possible that GNR is just floundering this game. I wouldn't paint him as competent as Vi did, though he does have moments where he's not completely aloof either. Vi having a scum read on him in close quarters still weighs heavy, and he made excuses for not posting everything when clearly asked to do so. That seemed likely intentional. Overall he falls on the scummy and would be a good lynch to sort things out as well.

Anxiety - We think he's town, even if he's frustrating at times. Latest reason is him harping on how he was right to claim and then walking away kind of pissed off when he was clearly wrong. Needs better focus.

Locke - Locke is lurking way too much this game, but when he does come in he is making sensible comments and seems to genuinely care about hunting scum. He's not as influential as I normally see him in games, but posting on cruise control seems to be a disease this game.

Luxury - Shift was pretty null for us starting D2. He was another sideline player. Regfan came in with more fire in his belly. That was good and something we both liked to see. The SK hunting is kind of off, and could be seen as scum motivated. Not that it's bad to kill an SK if there is one. Eliminating a killing faction early helps the town. Problem is that we dont' know there is one. Scum may have more insight into something like that based upon group numbers/who they tried to kill etc. Townish side of neutral, but keeping an eye here.

Fishy - We've liked fishy's content for the most part. There is no doubt some bias here because his reads have been similar to ours, but he's been logical and explained his thought processes pretty consistently. His reads seem genuine as well, which is something I look for in Fishy-town vs. Fishy-scum. He maybe got a little defensive with Vi earlier, but Vi's been kind of frustrating at times this game (as she's prone to do as town :P)

Vi - Strong town read for both of us pretty much all game. Her push on springlullaby was bad yesterday, but she seems genuinely inquisitive overall. She's been kind of overly obtuse at times, but that's not a terrible sin. GNR flipping scum would confirm her as town, which would be awesome with her bulletproof as well.

unvote, vote: guy name riggs

We're ready to end this day I believe.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 851, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:Hmmm... I think one of the problems with me not posting is that I usually don't have anythiing to say.

Doesn't seem to be a problem in the other games you're playing. Ten posts over three other games today.

Post something here soon (of value, not just "hi") within 22 hours or I'm going to switch wagons no matter what the count is on you (meaning yes I'll hammer if that's where you're at).

(22 hours because I know I'll be online then.)

Oh, and for those of you interested: Penn and Teller seem to have a current series going on on the Discovery Channel: "Penn & Teller Tell a Lie". Check your local listings for time and channel.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 906, Amrun wrote:Luxury's posts are so OUT THERE
*shakes head*

saulres 908 wrote:Doesn't seem to be a problem in the other games you're playing. Ten posts over three other games today.
*gets on knees*
*offers hands to the skies with a look of elation*

Crab Canon 907 wrote:Vi's been kind of frustrating at times this game (as she's prone to do as town :P)
:P
Luxury
Luxury
Townie
Luxury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Luxury »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p...03324#p3503324]post 906[/url], Amrun wrote:Luxury's posts are so OUT THERE that I don't know if scum would be that off the wall or not, but I have a hard time seeing that come from town either.

While I can understand our SK theory being off the wall, I fail to see what about our post(s) can be considered irregular by any means. You're blatantly lumping our reads in with our SK theory so you can dismiss them as "off the wall/odd" to give them less credibility. At the same time as dismissing anything we say, you fencesit on us by saying such out-there posts probably wouldn't come from scum at the same time as saying you don't see them coming from town. Pretty sure you're scum this game.

Crab Canon wrote:Luxury - Shift was pretty null for us starting D2. He was another sideline player. Regfan came in with more fire in his belly

Yep, just needed someone to get me on the right track.

All of this said, despite Amrun now moving up to our strongest scumread, we'd like to test the validity of our theory ASAP and Riggs is looking like the only lynch we want that's likely to go through today.

Unvote

Vote: Riggs

-Shift

Also:

VI

Y U NO GIVE GENDER
This is a hydra of Shift and whoever he feels like hydraing with at the time.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by saulres »

I believe this is accurate. Posting this in case DDD doesn't get to it and someone who isn't keeping track gets overzealous and accidentally quickhammers. Keep in mind I will move my vote even if it hammers him if he hasn't posted content by... Let's see if I can do this...

(expired on 2011-10-10 19:00:00)

Guy_Named_Riggs (L-2) - Vi, ace5993, Crab Canon, Luxury
4nxi3ty (L-3) - Junpei, Fishythefish, saulres
saulres (L-5) - 4nxi3ty
ace5993 (L-5) - Locke Lamora
Junpei (L-5) - Amrun

Not Voting (1) - Guy_Named_Riggs
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote Count 2.9

Guy_Named_Riggs (L-2) – Vi, ace5993, Crab Canon, Luxury
4nxi3ty (L-3) - Junpei, Fishythefish, saulres
saulres (L-5) - 4nxi3ty
ace5993 (L-5) - Locke Lamora
Junpei (L-5) - Amrun

Not Voting (1) - Guy_Named_Riggs

Deadline: Sunday October 16 @ 2:00 PM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2011-10-16 14:00:00)
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by saulres »

Bah, my countdown's wrong. Just go by the time in my prior post.
On permanent
V/LA
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Amrun »

No, luxury, it's not your reads that are weird. It's just in general, you're very wordy and I don't really understand why you're coming to the conclusions you're coming to, and you never satisfactorily explained the SK thing.

Also something else I noticed about your posts but don't think saying exactly what is pro-town.

VP: I just didn't read this thread. The game was boring me so I took a bit of a break from it. It's really not at all strange.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to replace out. I thought I would have the time to keep up with the game but I clearly don't and on top of that my internet access is going to be very limited over the next couple of weeks.

Mod: please replace me.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

SnakePlissken replaces Locke Lamora.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:34 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Hello all, Im taking over from LL, I think Ive only payed with Vi before. Now, im going to do a read back so, I may be a while so don't expect much from me to begin with please.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:33 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Right, I've started by ISOing Guy_Named_Riggs as he seems the main target of peoples affections currently. My first reaction was there is an awful lot of fluff posting and talking for talkings sake. Especially when declaring that

I usually sit in the back and observe the game as an outsider.
in #851

it's then followed up with this a post or two later in #853

After reading through his ISO,
I have a null read on him
. He seems scummy, but has attempted to scumhunt (better than me anyways) but he seems to have only ISOd Saul.
This strikes me as scum tunneling town, or possible bus.
I'll figure that out after I read Saul's ISO.

throwing seeds of not really knowing what to do, looks like your trying to look like your scum hunting but thenyour saying null at the same time thus if you get a lynch you can step back and say I told you so..

Now I haven't looked at anyone else yet, will be doing that for the next lot of hours but for now I want to put in avote here:

Unvote]

VOTE: Guy_Named_Riggs This now puts you at L-1 so a roleclaim would be good.
Show

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Maybe if you had read my ISO more carefully, you would have seen I already claimed.

But just to reillistrate...

I am Penn Jillette, An American magician/comedian. i work with Teller. I have a 1-shot Bullet proof scenario due to my illusion called the Bullet Catch Trick. And I am Pro-Town.

there's my claim.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:11 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Sorry like I said Ive just got on here and Im reading backwards your previous comments needed to be commented on. Again having not got that far back yet is there a Teller in our midst and if there is then are you neighbours or something?
Show

Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:12 am

I'll just let you get there. No need to point it out again.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Vi »

In post 918, SnakePlissken wrote:Now I haven't looked at anyone else yet, will be doing that for the next lot of hours but for now I want to put in avote here:

Unvote]

VOTE: Guy_Named_Riggs This now puts you at L-1 so a roleclaim would be good.
*jaw progressively drops lower and lower and lower while eyebrow raises higher and higher and higher*
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:46 am

I have a feeling that at this point, no matter what I do, I'm still getting lynched. I also know that Saulres is probably looking forward to hammering me, so...

VOTE: Guy_Named_Riggs

Spoiler: post lynch notes
Well, I guess that's a lynch. Congrats to you guys for catching scum. As it was pointed out, I was newbscum. Well done. I didn't think it would be that hard to play scum in this game, but I learned differently. Oh well, now I know what to improve for next time. Thanks for the good game and sorry you had to deal with me like that. Good Luck Scum!!!

and Vi, I thought you would have acted differetnly since we had that QT together. Guess I was wrong.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Crab Canon »

woot
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”